Ame Damnee Yadressil’s Forest

Cenarius
Outside the caves.

stopping and turning on a dime, almost comedically staring at the two men and completely forgetting about the cave. "You fought a dragon!" His eyes literally seemed to shine as his excited grin grew more obvious. "That is so cooool. Was it a big dragon? Did he have fangs and sharp claws used to tear out and devour anyone that came into his lair!?" The almost insane looking grin was replaced by a confusing look as he attention was drawn to Artimeties right hand or more specifically his index finger. "Hey, Mr' black suit. What is that ring doing?"

Artimeties
Outside the Caves

Only meet this kid and already wanted to keep him! So full of energy and excitement that seemed more like insanity than anything else, and Arty could only smile warmly as he mentioned how the dragon would tear their flesh off with teeth and claws. "Hell yeah, the Dragon was big! But we showed him. Just needed to be taught you don't mess with the Arty.-" His boasting was cut off by the child's question. "Eh?" looking down at his right hand and seeing the ring he grave robbed off a skeleton, starting to go Bananas. A bright red string started to form, and with no warning shot up into the air at an inhuman speed, after reaching a certain altitude it stopped abruptly and then at the same ridiculous speed fired off into the distance. The red string still attached to the ring but it kept going and extending. "..... Ok. Did anyone see that coming?" point up at the string.

Dante - Yadressil's Forest - Outside the Cave
Dante looked up at the sky and frowned. Apparently they had been in the cave for much longer than he had thought. He looked back at Artimeties, only to see him talking to the kid and messing with his new ring. "Artimeties, we must go. I had not told Minerva we would be gone for this long."

His eyes were uneasy. He had managed to stay on Minerva's good side for the good portion of his time in the Underground, and he was not looking forward to potentially changing that because of his tardiness.

Artimeties and Cenarius
Outside the Caves

On any other day, Artimeties would have..... Hahhaahahhahahaha.... Artimeties was seriously curious about where the string lead. Actually, it was a strong urge to follow where it was going one he wasn't going to Ignore. "..... You go on ahead. I need to find out what's up with this ring." Cenarius not wanting to be left out butted into the conversation. "Sounds like fun! I'm coming along." As much as Arty loved the enthusiasm and possible insanity this kid had he also was an adult that had, had years of experience with fighting and surviving. "Well look at you. All full of vigor and youthnesses, but sadly this adventure is for those 18 and up." just put his hands behind his head in a carefree style. "Don't care. I'm still tagging along." This kid was stubborn and not really trying to hide how much of an adventure junky.... Arty finally noticed something anyone would care to draw attention to. "Where are your mom and dad?" "Dono. Probably dead or something." The nonchalant of how he said that would give anyone pause or at the very least suspicious. Looking back at Dante his mask hiding his expression. "I have to know what this." Raises finger where the ring is at. "Is leading me too. So you're going to have to find your own way home, don't worry about predators they hardly ever attack the path we follow."

Dante -Yadressil's Forest - Outside the Cave
Dante raised an eyebrow. He was never one to believe in superstitious nonsense, and so this seemed like a terrible reason for Artimeties to stay behind. Still, he was free to make his own decisions, however bad they were. "Very well," he said. "Though do not expect me to make excuses for you at the Underground." He gave a slight tilt of the head before adding, "Best of luck on your endeavors, Artimeties."

And with that, Dante quickly left, following the trail that they had originally taken.

[???]
Unknown Location, Yadressil Forest

In the most hidden part of the woods, under the shadows of the trees, there was a lone figure. A woman... with blonde hair, lying amongst the grass, asleep. Delicate, captivating--- she was just lying there like a flower yet to bloom, still, motionless. Her skin was light and fair, her face gentle...

Suddenly, her finger twitched. She opened her eyes just a tiny little bit, looking dazed as she tried to sit up. As soon as she did, the branches seemed to come to life around her, grasping at her wrists, her legs, her neck, weighing her back down. In a last, desperate attempt to flee, she reached her hands up, into the blue sky, yearning for freedom. The roots, however, was closing in around her, above her, and as the pure darkness set in, she closed her eyes once again.

She will not be waking up anytime soon.

Jocasta and Theoden (NPC), Yadressil's Forest

She'd never seen such fury in his eyes, such hatred as he'd dragged her out of the prison at night, scarf over her mouth, long blonde hair in his grasp. As she'd squirmed and tried to break free, he'd burned her wrists to make her stop. His fire was molten lava; seering torture that watered her eyes. "Don't you dare," he'd hissed in her ear when she'd tried to run away. "We've got business, you and I." Jocasta's body had trembled as she obediently followed Theo. He placed her on his his horse, climbed up behind her, and before anyone could notice anything different about the atmosphere in the prison, both of them were gone.

Jocasta and Theo had been traveling for quite some time, but they finally made it to a forest. Jocasta wearily glanced around. Why did Theo bring her here? What business did he want to conduct and why couldn't he do it at the prison? Dry tears caked her face. She was forced to keep quiet, to not say a thing. She could feel Theo's body wrapped around her own. His aura glowed with intimidation and anger; his heart pounded in his chest, blood swarmed through his veins. That wasn't nerves, it was confidence. His skin boiled and made her sweat as well. Relief passed through when Theo stopped at a small fresh lake and pulled her off the horse.

"Drink," he demanded as he undid the fabric around her mouth and the rope around her wrist. "Drink and clean up those wounds." Jocasta silently did as she was told. It was unfortunate that Theo had come to such aggressive and exaggerated measures. She drank some of the fresh water through her hands and sighed. As she began to clean her wounds, she inquired to her captor, "What do you want from me?" Theo scoffed, his hands on his hips. "Why do you insist on doing this, Theo? You know the others can find you quickly and kill you for this. I thought we were friends." His response made her cringe.

"Friends?! You foolish woman!" he scowled, his tone dripping with malice. Suddenly, Theo was at her side, grasping her hair once more, and threatening her life with a knife. "You stole something precious to me and I intend on getting it back."

Jocasta and Theoden (NPC), Yaddressil's Forest

She'd tried to escape. She'd tried to find a way back home, but it was no use. Theoden always found her. He always caught up to her. After he'd injured her friend, Calan, he decided to settle his own score with her. The magical chains around the dragon's neck and legs bound it uselessly and negated it fire breath so Theo could make sure he wasn't turned into a crisp. "You know," he spoke. "The more we wait, the more I wonder if it'd be better for me to just end you right here and now. Your friends haven't come in such a long time, can you truly be saved from your darkness?" He snickered.

Jocasta grimaced at his truth and continued to stand her ground as Theo circled around her, rope in his hand as his aura claimed that she was his to torture. "I think I'll go ahead and kill you. Time to stop waiting, get on with the show. Get on with my revenge, you know? Let's face it, Jocasta. No one wants to be around someone as insane as you are and you should've never agreed to that disgusting person you call your lover. He's a dead man when he sees your body and head split apart. He'll go insane, just like you. Probably kill himself." Theo tugged on the rope and sent Jocasta to the ground.

Dirt and dust covered the lower half of her body. "You thought you could escape me, try to make something out of hiding. Well, guess what? That's simply not true and I..." He chuckled. "I'm so glad Hi'dric is unaware of you being gone and all your friends too. Too bad that ugly gray thing couldn't take me down. Let me erase those bittersweet memories, Princess. I can erase your pain." His fingers lifted her chin up as she stared at him, eyebrows scrunched up, refusing to cry. "You're such a weakling, you know? So weak..."

Jocasta felt his hand wrap around her arm and yank her off the ground to pull her back against his chest. "It's time for me to end you, Princess Delphine Aelsinor. Time to end your lies, your treachery, and your mockery. It's too bad they'll never know who you truly were. They'd probably want to kill you once they found out, so in that regard, I'm doing you a favor. Any last words? It's okay to cry. Show me those beautiful tears." His tone was hard and riddled with malice and a void undertone. Jocasta held back her tears, but soon, began to shiver and choke on them. "I'm sorry."

"What was that?"

"I'm sorry... Theo. I'm sorry, Xena. Maric. I wasn't what you wanted me to be. Guruk... You were like a brother... I can't leave them, Theo..."

"Too bad."

"Hi-" Crack.

With that, she fell to the ground, limp.

"Never said I'd let you finish, foolish girl. Didn't think I wanted to hear you say your stupid lover's name either."

He kicked her corpse in the stomach, hearing another small crack in the ribs. He snorted and glanced up at the dragon, Calan. Wasn't that a pretty sight? Watching your beloved die? Calan, you know me, you know what I had to do. She stole you from me and... she never intended on returning you. I have a request for you. Go get Circle of Sanctity. Send them a message. Let them know Delphine is dead and I'm after them next, okay? The dragon kneeled weakly. As you wish.

With that, he took Calan off of the chains and allowed the red dragon to fly back to Abaddon.

"There's no way he'd disobey me."

Theo left the forest and Jocasta's body behind. His work here was done.

Back