Kierri

Allonsy!
Welcome to the year 3000

It has been many years since WW3 ended and left humankind on its last legs. Nuclear weapons were deployed and it was many years before humans began to rebuild what was left of their destroyed world.

With most of the earth saturated in radiation, humans have been left to rebuild in scattered locations. Cities have been wiped out, replaced with rubble and mutated creatures.

The only cities left are the structured metal rises built by gathered communities to bring back some living order to their lives.

Outside this city is a vast terrain, damaged roads filled with empty cars, worn and torn buildings that once were bustling. Out in the countryside are some settlements, for the people that want to live away from the hubbub of the city.

Beyond that is the wasteland, grounds soaked in radiation, filled with terrifying radiated monsters once only dreamed about in nightmares.

Technology is on the rise, robots domesticated or otherwise are being developed in order to help restore humanity to its former glory. The military, or what's left of it is attempting to govern the streets to retain order. And then there are the wastelanders, scrap hungry people that will shoot on site, raiding settlements and travellers.

Do you have what it takes to survive in the Year 3000?

Karen Smith (Ka-ren Smi-th)
Nicknames/Titles/Aliases: None
Sexual Orientation: Lesbian

APPEARANCE:

Height: 5ft 6/ 1.68m
Weight: 58Kg/128lbs
Eye Color: Hazel green
Hair Color: Warm Black

Appearance

Karen is a slender woman, a little on the skinny side. Karen generally has a scruffy yet stylish sense of fashion, preferring to wear old school t-shirts, baggy black trousers and some very worn black boots, normally followed by a belted leather coat, she isn't too concerned with looking immaculate and prefers anything old school. She is almost always carrying a satchel, camera and cigarettes.

piper_wright_cosplay_by_ver1sa-dbqv59g.jpg

Last edited:
"No, Talmak, I don't know where we are. But I'm telling you right now, that's not the earth I left!" The woman standing at the control console was average height, stocky build, was auburn haired and green eyed, and wore a sky blue uniform. The others milling around her were pretending not to listen, as Talmak replied in his computer voice. "You wanted to come home, Anna. This is Earth, though I will admit, it's not at all the way we left it."
"So...maybe we hopped universes, or traveled through time. As unlikely as those are, though, they're more palatable than the idea that in only four years the earth came to such a sad state. Looks like I'll have to be careful if I go down there. We need to find out where we are, what happened, and how to get back." The woman paced back and forth, worry all over her face. "Talmak, can this uniform mixed with my cybernetic implants keep me safe from any radiation?"
"I am not sure. It was not made for that purpose, but that does not mean it will not."
"I see. Judging from the damage, I think radiation is a real concern."
"Well, if it becomes too much, our medicine is more than enough to counteract it, if you come back quickly enough."
"Are you telling me that we have nothing we can use to protect from radiation?"
"I do not know for sure. E'arta has not experienced a nuclear war, nor had any reason to expect a nuclear war in quite some time. So much advancement leaves room for other options."
"Yeah, I guess that makes sense. Alright, then, give me about a week's supply of medicine. That way I can stay down there for a while. I may not need it, but it would be better to have it."
"Very well."
One of her crew hurried up and handed her three very small, easy to hide vials. Her mind kept screaming that they should just turn around and leave. But she needed to know if she was at the right place. If she was, then they would have to leave and see if they could find help somewhere else. She turned to a young man with auburn hair, and green eyes, and said. "Qweto, stay and keep command. Hopefully I'll be back soon."
"Yes, Captain." Qweto saluted as the woman left the bridge. She boarded a shuttle, and rode it down to the earth below.

Karen rested her feet onto the scratched table, watching the smoke rise from her lit cigarette. It was just another day in Tenpin city, it looked more like a shanty town but it was the largest settlement around the area, and one of the most protective areas with large walls bordering it, guards patrolled outside along with functioning turrets.
It was here that she worked as a detective, and living in a wasteland there was always work to do, people often came to her with missing people cases.

But today was a quiet day and she had no reason to be interacting with the people of the city, so she remained in her office, overlooking the crammed metal shacks. She figured she might as well enjoy the peace whilst she could, more often than not she was out of her walled city investigating, avoiding raiders and the mutated creatures along the way. Although she figured she could go for a walk later, maybe have dinner out if no one came with a case.

The woman landed the shuttle, not to far from a nearby city that she and Talmak had found from above. Not to close to be spotted, she hoped, but close enough that she wouldn't have to worry about a long hike with little food. Before leaving the shuttle, she made sure the vials were hidden inside her uniform, then made the nanobots shift colors to more mimic a long-sleeved shirt and pants. She knew Qweto, or any of the other E'artins she came here with could have made them into just about anything else. But she was still knew too anything quite this high tech. That said, she didn't need to stand out in a crowd. The uniform should still protect her as well as it would have otherwise.
She left the shuttle, and contacted Talmak to bring it back up to the ship. He'd send it back down with any supplies she'd need or to pick her up if she needed to. She had to hope she wouldn't stand out. She'd kept it simple, a "white shirt" and "blue jeans". She came up to the town, noted the turrets and guards, and hoped they wouldn't ask who she was. She didn't even look at them, as she walked into the town with the confidence of someone who knew where she was going, even though she didn't, and started browsing shops, until she came across the detective agency. Huh, she thought, If anyone can answer my questions, it would be a detective. But...I don't want anyone to think I'm crazy... She hadn't seen many papers that could give her a clue as to what had happened. And since she'd entered the town, she'd felt shivers of fear going up and down her spine, though she was not sure why. She glanced inside again, and saw the other woman inside cleaning up.

Last edited:
Back