New User You Haven't Approved Me, Goodbye

D

Deleted member

I have been here for a few days, and I am still not approved. My patience has ran out. I will be leaving now. Goodbye.

I don't know why you haven't been approved yet, and I'm sorry to see you go. Good luck in your future endeavors! :emoji_thumbsup:

I have been here for a few days, and I am still not approved. My patience has ran out. I will be leaving now. Goodbye.

You were past the threshold for review exactly one day ago. I can tell you that even before this post, your other interactions were not exactly in line with the spirit of community. It has not been a full four days since your introduction post. An introduction in which you were greeted by two different people and replied to zero times. Your every effort thus far has been a token effort at best to pad posts across various boards.

Did you think the guidelines set out on our Approval Guide were not really meant?

Why Am I Not Getting Approved?

If your account isn't being approved, this is generally due to either not posting an introduction thread, not posting anywhere outside of your introduction thread, not posting in any of the above mentioned forums, posting spammy non-engaging content in an effort to get approved faster, or simply not replying to people posting at you. Five thoughtful and engaging posts with healthy interactions with other users will get you approved faster than twenty single-sentence nonsensical comments in random threads that don't give us anything to work with.

Note: We check all new accounts marked for review at a minimum, daily. Asking an Admin to approve you won't speed up this process.

Surprisingly, a hastily scrawled message sharing the limits of your patience will also not speed up this process. This is said genuinely; you are welcome to retry again. We can pretend this thread didn't happen. Or make a new account, and I'll pretend I can't see through it. But if you want to be a part of this community, do at the very minimum act like you're here to interact with a community to write with and ask what could be stalling things or be causing a perceived fault in a statement we've made in promise to our new users rather than create a new thread to let everyone know how your patience is doing.

In regards to your request—inappropriately placed as a reply to our Meet the Staff of STC thread rather than as a post in our help desk per the same account approval guide I mentioned above—of:

I would like to request for the deletion of my account.

No*. Your personal data will be deleted within 24 hours of the posting of this message, unless you make it known to me through any channel available to you that you would like to reverse your decision. This is a period of time short enough to not be construed as undue delay, and I extend to you the courtesy of processing this request under Articles 17 & 19 of the GDPR. This is done despite the fact that as data controller for this domain, I am fully aware that you are not accessing this website from within the borders of the European Union where the GDPR applies.

This personal data consists of all information you have given us regarding you as a person, your account details, how to contact you, your chosen username, and access to the account. The content you have posted (minus your inappropriately placed request) will remain in it's entirety as per our ToS (found here, for ease of reference) you have granted us a license that we are allowed to continue to enforce. Given the way you requested it, I will not be honoring the discretionary decision option in our agreement at this time.

Please let me know within 24 hours if you would like to allow this account to continue to exists. Otherwise all personal data will be deleted, and your username anonymized.

Respectfully,

Dashmiel,
Storyteller's Circle Owner

Back