You Suck | IC | AngeliMika & Ash is trash

mikayre

I will do whatever it takes to protect you. ♡
jaCvPo5.png

You Suck
@AngeliMika & @Ash is trash

l4UbPWV.png

The warm sunshine cascaded through Sunny's window as she slid the curtain shut, just narrowly missing the sun's beams. "Fuck," she breathed, the sunlight had grazed her arm and left a mark. Groaning, she finished adjusting the thick black curtain and padded across her plush cerulean rug to her bathroom, with the intention of layering some ointment and a bandage over her burn. What a great way to start the morning. The ointment stung as she dabbed it onto the burn, and she hissed loudly. With a bandage on, she opened the cabinet above the sink and pulled out a hair tie. She tied her hair up into a loose bun, exiting the bathroom and thudding down the stairs into her large kitchen. Her beloved coffee pot sat in its usual place, ready to brew the liquid gold known as coffee.

The brunette leaned against her counter as her coffee pot brewed away, enjoying the dimness of the room and the rich smell of coffee spreading into the air. Her eyes glanced to the clock, the time being declared way too early to be up o'clock (around 3 p.m.). Why was she awake this early? She already had made coffee, so she couldn't go back to bed. None of the businesses would be open yet, so she couldn't go shopping. She hated being awake this early, there was nothing to do to keep her thoughts occupied and running. Perhaps she'd get a head start on her schoolwork . . .

Pounding footsteps echoed outside her house, the sound of heavy breathing present as well. A human must be trying to get away from the executioners. She rolled her hazel eyes, frowning as the sounds moved closer to her home. Was the human going to attempt to hide in her home? She did consider the thought: she'd have her own personal blood source. On the other hand, she'd have to take care of it, and adjust to its sleep schedule. She was probably hallucinating the sounds, as they had stopped. However, she did think it might be a good idea to check outside.

Pulling on a long coat and slipping the hood over her head, she stepped outside into the late afternoon sun.

XPavgxZ.png

Last edited:
Paige was running. And Running. Andddd running. She didn't like running this much. But the thing that was causing her to run? Executioners. They were going to kill her! She didn't want to be killed!

This is why she doesn't go outside. She knew something would happen.

'That's it. I'm going to die today. I should've said a better, longer goodbye to mom and dad...'

That was when she saw the house. She felt an extra burst of energy and sprinted. The person (People?) living there had a shed. Perfect, she could hide in there. She took a second to glance behind her and saw the executioners getting closer. She ran into the shed and slammed the door. She was pretty sure she saw the owner coming outside, but she didn't care. She needed to hide. She leaned against the shed door, panting heavily. Is this what her brother had to go through when he died? Or did he just let them kill him? Well, no matter what happened to him, she wasn't giving up without a fight.

jaCvPo5.png

Sunny circled around her house once, stopping in her backyard. Either the human was very talented at hiding or . . . her shed. The kid was probably in her shed. She meandered slowly over to her shed, staring at the door. When was the last time she'd cleaned the old thing? The human was probably sitting in mountains of dust and dirt, and they probably cut themselves on a rusty shovel or gardening tool in their rush. The thought of a dirty and bleeding human wasn't appealing to her, to the point she almost turned back around and headed back inside. But she didn't, she figured having a human around would at least give her something to do.

Her hand gripped the handle, the little bit of sunlight that hit it stinging her hand. What if the human attacked her? She hadn't practiced self defense recently, with no reason to. Nobody wanted to attack the quiet vampire who lived at the end of the road. If the human was afraid . . . well, she wouldn't coddle them. She wouldn't really say anything to them if they acted afraid. She smiled slightly as she realized the human must've heard her, and was sitting in intense fear while waiting for her to open the door. Doing just that, she cautiously opened the door, her shadow falling atop the figure sitting inside her shed.

XPavgxZ.png

Last edited:
Paige tried not to breathe as she heard the vampire living at the house come closer to the shed. She was frozen in panic and fear. This is it, she's going to die. She started silently crying. She's going to die.

No. She can't die. She can think of something, quickly.

What if she told the vampire she's also a vampire? There's no way she could know. She just had to make sure no one found out she's a human. She wiped off the tears and tried to calm down even though she was still stuck in intense fear while waiting anxiously for the door to open.

She tried to think of everything she had ever learned about vampires. You'd think living in a world full of them would make her know a lot about them but surprisingly she doesn't.

'Just say you're a vampire and you can figure it out from there'

When the vampire opened the shed door, Paige almost screamed but she covered her mouth and stopped herself. "H-Hello?" She said nervously

jaCvPo5.png

She shifted to the side so a bit of sunlight fell onto the girl's face and figure. Her face was calculated as she inspected the girl's appearance. The purple-haired girl was practically swimming in her sweater, her jeans ripped and old looking. She was probably better off dead, this cruel world is no place for weak humans. She knew it all too well, and she was born a vampire. At the girl's greeting, she gave a nod of acknowledgement and backed away from the shed in hopes the girl would take that as an opportunity to stand up.

What would she do with the girl? She obviously had to get her inside lest the executioners made a swift return. Thank the deities above the girl hadn't screamed, if anything that would've alerted the executioners to her location. She had no pity for the girl, but she didn't wish to deal with executioners today. Not in her current state. Her eyes narrowed as she turned her focus back to the present. She'd allow the girl into her home in exchange for . . . something. With plans to work that out later, she blinked and crossed her arms over her chest.

XPavgxZ.png

Last edited:
She sat, frozen in fear. The vampire backed up, so Paige stood up nervously. When the vampire crossed her arms over her chest, Paige got nervous again. "Please don't hurt me," She managed to squeak out. She tried to examine the vampire, but it was a little difficult with her long coat. She was pretty, but that didn't make Paige any less scared.

What would happen now? Would this vampire turn her into the executioners? Would she just kill Paige herself? Would she let Paige into her house? Probably not without some kind of deal.

jaCvPo5.png
As the human pleaded to remain uninjured, Sunny shook her head no. She had no plans to hurt the human. Clearing her throat, she cast her gaze around at the slight sound of footsteps. The executioners were probably on their way back. She'd get in trouble if she was found with a human, much less talking to one and not immediately turning her in. "Come," she started quietly, turning away from the human and ascending up the stairs leading into the back of her home.

The scent of blood oozed out of the open doorway, Sunny's pantry sat right in front of the back door. She had other food within the pantry, but most of it was scentless and tasteless to the vampire. It would be tasteless to any human, as most of it was stale. She hadn't gone food shopping in ages, since she got her blood rations delivered to her. Mingling with the aroma of blood was smell of cold coffee emanating from the kitchen. Once the vampire was safely inside the safety of her home, she removed her hood and began to unbutton her jacket. Her hands moved to her hair to tighten her bun.

XPavgxZ.png

Last edited:
Paige silently followed the vampire inside, shaking. She stood by the pantry, not wanting to get in the way. She tried to stop shaking but it was hard. "W-Who are you?" Paige asked, looking at the vampire, who was tightening her bun. "Like... What's your name?" She watched the vampire. She looked around the house, examining everything she could see. It was well taken care of, a large difference from her parents' house. Ever since her brother died she was the only one who would clean at all.

"Why didn't you just turn me in? I mean, I'm grateful you didn't, but can't you get in trouble for having me here?" She didn't want to get her in trouble, but she also didn't want to die trying to walk home.

Last edited:
jaCvPo5.png

After the kid had finished asking her questions, Sunny raised an eyebrow. The kid hadn't even tried to hide that they were a human? What a strange world she lived in. This human could die just by telling the wrong person she was a human. Sunny lead the girl into the kitchen, where she strolled over to the sink and dumped her cold coffee down the drain. She stared at it, watching as the brown liquid descended into the pipes. Turning on the faucet, she filled her mug with warm water and placed it in the sink to soak. She turned around and leaned against the counter, looking at her guest. "You can call me Liza," she answered one of the girl's questions.

Should she play dumb and pretend she didn't know the girl was human? She didn't have any concrete proof, except her own hearing (which hadn't always been the most reliable). Her tongue darted across her lips to wet them before she continued. "Unless you're an escaped criminal, I have no reason to turn you in." Which was the truth. For all she knew, this girl could just be a homeless vampire who had actually been residing in her shed since the dinosaur ages. She hadn't cleaned her shed in months, and she had no reason to check it. The girl was wearing long clothes that covered just enough of her that she wouldn't get burned, which is important for a vampire. If she was homeless, moving from place to place in the daylight would be a good idea since everyone is asleep.

XPavgxZ.png

Last edited:
Paige smiled at Liza. "Cool, hi then Liza" She had followed Liza into the kitchen, and watched her rinse out her cup.

"Yeah, I'm not an escaped criminal, I just.. I don't know, I thought you'd get mad at me for being in your shed or something. Like, trespassing?" She wasn't a very good liar, and she had let it slip that she was running from people. She had to try to keep it up, pretend she was a vampire. She looked enough like a vampire, wearing her long clothes, and she could pretend she just needed a place to stay and saw the shed. Yeah, sure, that'll work until she can figure out a better plan.

jaCvPo5.png

She listened, drumming her fingers on the counter, returning the girl's greeting with a quiet "hey". A nod of her head followed at the girl's explanation. The girl had a point. She should be more upset about the trespassing, but she wasn't. She'd been in the girl's place once. To admit it is a whole different ballpark that she would not be stepping into today. She shoved one of her hands into her pocket, inspecting her nails on the other. Her nail polish was chipping. Mentally adding that to her to-do list, she sighed softly.

It'd be best to pretend that this girl is a vampire. It'd be easiest on her, since she wouldn't have to treat the human any differently than she would a vampire. "You homeless?" She queried, her gaze falling on the girl's face. "And do you have a name? You know mine and I'm unaware of yours." The hand she'd been inspecting fell into its place in her other pocket, and she shifted slightly so she was more comfortable leaning on the counter.

XPavgxZ.png

Last edited:
It seemed the vampire- Liza- believed her? Which was crazy? Because Paige was easily the worst liar in the world? Well, it was better than admitting to the fact she was a human and risking the possibility of Liza killing her or turning her in.

"Yeah, I'm homeless. And, yeah I have a name. It's Paige" She rarely even used her first name, she really didn't like it very much. She continued to stand uncomfortably in the kitchen, feeling out of place. "I uh, ran away from my parents. And I saw your house but I couldn't just go in your house so I was staying in your shed.. I'm sorry" She looked down, like a little kid who got in trouble.

jaCvPo5.png

"You're fine. You can stay here, I suppose." She shrugged, lifting one of her hands out of her pocket to continue drumming it on the counter. Paige. She committed the name to memory, shutting her eyes temporarily. The kid had seemed so bewildered it was almost laughable — little did she know that Sunny was doing it for herself and not for the kid. A small smile edged it's way onto her lips as she relaxed a bit. Now that she had entirely settled on her plan for the human, things would be good.

"We walked in through the pantry. Blood is labeled by if its from a vampire or a human in there, help yourself. You're in the kitchen right now. Coffee?" She offered, standing up straight and turning on the coffee maker. She poured a cup of water into the maker's water storage, placing the coffeepot into its place within the machine. The machine buzzed and whirred, the vampire pressing a few buttons and letting the machine do the rest of the work.

XPavgxZ.png

Last edited:
"Ahaha, I'll just take some coffee. I'm not in the mood for blood right now, I don't know, It's weird" She stammered, nervous once again. She felt okay for a second, but now she tensed up again. She didn't want to have to drink blood, but that was something vampires did, and she would if she absolutely had to, but only if she had to. She couldn't imagine blood tasting good in any way, shape, or form.

"So uh... How long have you lived here?" She was trying to be less awkward, but she wasn't good at it

jaCvPo5.png

She almost laughed aloud at Paige's nervousness. It wasn't that she enjoyed it, but it was funny to her. She supposed it shouldn't have been, since she didn't happen to be the one who had to pretend to be an entirely different species. Though, just because something shouldn't be humorous doesn't stop it from being as absolutely hilarious as this situation appeared to be to Sunny. The vampire leant back against the counter, listening to Paige ask her how long she'd lived here.

How long had she lived here? Since she was eighteen, at least. She was now around two hundred? The years fly by after you turn 20, especially when you're a vampire. "Too long," she finally groaned, a tired chuckle escaping her lips. "Definitely longer than you've been alive."

XPavgxZ.png

Last edited:
She smiled until the longer than you've been alive comment, where she then got defensive "I- You have no idea how long I've been alive. For all you know I could be older than you" She huffed and crossed her arms over her chest. Lying to a vampire about being a vampire was hard, but she was trying her best. "How old are you though?" She figured it was a valid question, but she had her fingers crossed under her arm hoping that it wasn't a rude question or anything

jaCvPo5.png

Knowing the kid was human and claiming to be older than her was the most humorous statement she'd heard in a while. Even more so than the kid's nervousness. So much so that she struggled not to laugh. Then came the age question — wasn't this kid aware that it's common sense to refrain from inquiring a lady's age? She clamped a hand over her mouth, muffled laughter heard from behind her hand. This kid would be killed in any other vampire's home. For such a somber notion, she couldn't care less.

In a joking gesture, she moved her hand to her chin to feign the action of intense pondering. ". . . Two hundred, at least," she held up two of her fingers. The coffee maker began to pour hot coffee into the coffeepot, the sound of the liquid hitting the glass echoing throughout the kitchen. She turned around and flung open a cupboard door. Two mugs were placed on the counter now, Sunny shut the cupboard doors with a quiet thud. After the coffee maker's contents sputtered to a stop, she filled up both mugs with the rich, dark liquid.

XPavgxZ.png

Last edited:
"Oh wow. You're really pretty though." She gave a hopeful smile. She took the cup and took a sip, trying not to cough "thanks."
Riley glanced around the kitchen, leaning against the counter. It was a fairly nice kitchen, nothing like what she had at home.

At home... Was she ever going to go back home, to her mom and dad? She missed them, but she couldn't go back out there. She'd die, for sure. Was she stuck here, with this vampire, for the rest of her life? She sighed aloud, then realized she wasn't alone. "Sorry.. Just thinking."

Last edited:
jaCvPo5.png

A chuckle passed through her pursed lips. "Thank you, kid. Good to know I'm pretty to the person I found in my shed," she joked. Her tone was deadpan, it sounded like she was genuinely upset. "Careful. Wood's brand new and I don't need any rings on it just yet." The brunette gestured to the counter and the kid's coffee mug. The wood was far from new, but she'd gone this long without gaining any new rings on it. She was someone with the terrible habit of not using coasters, even when visiting guests. She had a lot of bad habits actually, like nail-biting and staying up far too late.

"Well, kid, how old are you? I bet you're not even eighteen yet, you're so scrawny," She yawned, taking a sip of her coffee in the process. What was the kid thinking about? Couldn't've been anything good. Should she ask? No, it wasn't important in the long run. The kid would work it out, she was positive. Her coffee was a bit bland, needed some blood to spice it up, or something like that. The bitterness wasn't sitting well with her today, for whatever reason.

XPavgxZ.png

Last edited:
Back