Your opinions on BB-code.

So what do you guys think of it?

What advantages are disadvantages has the BB-CODE caused to your or this community? If there are advantages or disadvantages then tell me why.

The reason I am interested is to see how BB-CODE is used throughout the entire community.

I haven't used BB-Code here yet, but I really enjoy using it. I like creating codes that go with each character, or each story, to give them a little extra something to stand out.

Plus it's also just fun to create a new code that looks neat.

I would say the disadvantages could be, if you're using it to role play, it can be a bit annoying to make sure the code is working every single time you post and (if you're like me) never not posting with it. So, if you're not in the mood to deal with code, sometimes posts just don't get done.

Advantages are embellishment, really. Standing out, looking cool. Stuff like that.

So, I guess it really comes down to how extra you want to be.

BBCode is great! I tried to think of ways to make it better but that would only really mean make a set format on how the menu is displayed across websites. But again, different websites have different preferences.

I don't know much about how and if it is used on here, but from other communities I know it's very useful to organize the first post of an RP thread.

I love it, I use it and I think it's wonderful because it breaks up the monotony of black, plain text.

Now, I haven't gotten a chance to fully explore what BB-Code can do fully here on this site yet since this forum doesn't have test forums and every site has different BB-Code functions.

What I like:

Being able to make headers with my character names when I'm using multiple characters.

I like being able to colour the text of what my character is saying

I enjoy being able to play with the alignment on my posts

Bold, italics, underline, and strike-through are always good for drawing emphasis

What i don't like:

The way people use very brightly coloured fonts when the board is light themed(this is more in generally across all sites-brighter coloured fonts are better used when a board has a darker theme)

Back