You're my roommate? (1x1)

Missvibes

@SilentVoice

Here is my character sheet:

Name: Celeste Blake Kingstory; primarily goes by Blake

Appearance: Shoulder-length black hair, often times has another color in it. Pale blue eyes and a lighter complexion. She is about 5'5" in height and has a slim build.

Brief history: Blake is a vampire and has lived for several hundred years. In her free time she has had a variety of different jobs and has even gotten a few degrees. She does move every decade or so to somewhere new for new experiences and to ensure that someone doesn't find out what her true nature is.

Name: Willow Malone
Height: 5'10"
Build: Average
Hair: Dark brown
Eyes: Hazel
Job: Musician at a coffee house, helps to close up at the end of the day
Brief History: Willow has had such an average life he often wonders if maybe he's invisible. He's never had it really good, he's never had it bad, life has just happened for him.
young-man.jpg

Blake was sitting in the lobby of the apartment building as she waited for her new roommate to arrive. She had been happy to find a place so quickly that was also in an area that was close to many of the city amenities she enjoyed. It was even better that finding a roommate had been quick as well. Things had kept coming up so this was their first time meeting. However, they had been texting and Blake felt like they were going to get along rather well. They didn't necessarily have a lot in common, but their personalities seemed to mesh.

Today, she was wearing her hair down. The white ombre style really had an effect on her dark hair. She had a regular t-shirt on that was white with black polka dots across it that with well with her black skirt. Her ankles were neatly crossed under her chair, hiding her black shoes. The bell on the door dinged as another person entered the lobby from the street. Her light blue eyes skipped up from her phone expectantly, hoping it was her new roommate. Alas, it was a guy. Maybe he was going to be a neighbor? Blake gave a polite smile and she put her phone away. It always seemed rude to have her phone out when others were in the room. Though others in this generation didn't seem to care as much.

Now that there was another in the space, it seemed particularly quiet. Blake decided to break that silence. "Hey. Are you waiting for someone as well?" She asked politely and nodded to what he said. "Yeah, I'm supposed to be meeting my new roommate. Seems they're late." Blake chuckled and shrugged a little. Time didn't bother her as much, though on a personal level she tried to always be on time. "Been considering texting them, but I don't want to start things off all pushy, yknow?" She said and laughed again, a playful smile played on her red lips.

After a little chat, she thought it best to introduce herself since they were going to be neighbors. She extended one of her hands, a few bracelets jingled around her wrist as she did so. "I'm Celeste by the way... Most people call me Blake though."

Willow walked into the apartment building and slowed, looking around. This was a decent place. Not high-scale, but not a place where he'd be worried about getting his throat slit when he got home. It was close to work and school! This could really work out well. And his roommate sounded nice enough through the emails then texts. Not too similar, but that was fine. All he needed was someone who wasn't a psycho, and who might actually help with the cleaning up. And didn't mind the occasional practice session on his guitar. They should be able to work that into the schedule.

He looked around for a guy who might be the roommate, but all he found was a short woman - girl? - with black hair and dressed in black. She was a pretty girl, that was for sure, but not the guy he was looking for. He frowned and pulled out his phone, looking to see if perhaps he'd been texted. Then she spoke.

"Hey. Are you waiting for someone as well?" Willow looked up in surprise then nodded. "Yeah, I'm supposed to be meeting my new roommate. Seems they're late." She seemed amused at the idea of someone being late.

Willow glanced around as they chatted, then his head snapped around as she said her name. "Wait, your name is Blake? As in Blake Kingstory?"

Seemed he had heard of her. The lady nodded and grinned, "Not sure how you've heard of me... I'm not famous or anything." Blake laughed slightly as it began to dawn on her. "Let me guess... You're Willow. Malone." The smile seemed to melt some as she shook her head slightly. "What a coincidence, we both have gender neutral names." She tried to lighten the mood slightly. "Its nice to meet you finally... I.. Don't know how I didn't realize you weren't a woman, though now thinking about some of our conversations it makes more sense." Blake laughed at herself and shook her head again. "What do we do now?"

Willow stared at her, trying to get his mind around this. Who called their girl Blake?? "You look a lot more like a Celeste than a Blake," he blurted. "Um, no offense." He groaned and ran a hand through his hair. "I don't know. We already made the down payment, we already signed the lease... I don't think we can get out of this without losing a lot. I can't afford to do that." He looked at her sheepishly. "I think we'll have to make the best of it until we can figure something else out. I'm sorry."

This was not optimal. Not in any sense of the word. He couldn't afford to back out, and he didn't have the money to pay for this apartment on his own. With a housemate, he could afford to pay half for this two-bedroom apartment, which was actually cheaper than renting a one bedroom by himself. He knew what the gossip would be, but he wasn't that kind of a guy. He'd even buy a second lock for her door himself if that made her feel more comfortable! But he didn't see how this could work otherwise.

Of course it was a complicated reason as to why she was going by Blake instead of Celeste, so she just shrugged it off. "Doesn't offend me." She had to hold back a giggle over one of his thoughts. Seemed her new roommate was a bit more panicked about the whole situation than she was. Of course their investment was kind of a problem. "Until you found out I was a woman, you didn't think it was going to be a problem.. Not like we got the impression either of us were crazy or something." At least that's how it had seemed for her in their messages. "Listen Willow, our lease is only six months. We will be fine for that amount of time. We're both adults and can figure something out after that." Blake gathered her things into a bag and stood up. "Want to head upstairs and see the apartment at least?" She suggested. The only problem she really foresaw was the bathroom... Primarily because she didn't like sharing, even with other females.

Willow nodded nervously and swung his backpack over his shoulder. "Yeah, I think that is the best course of action." Why was she taking this so well? Wasn't it the girl who was supposed to get all freaked out? Who knew. Maybe she was a black belt or a martial arts teacher or slept with a gun. That would definitely lend a person confidence. He headed for the stairs and started walking up. "I think it will be fine, especially for six months. After all, this is a brilliant location, right?" he flashed her a smile, calming down now that he saw she was totally cool with it all.

At least he was relaxing enough to go up the stairs with her to check out the apartment. "I love this location. Close enough to the nightlife and to school and work." Blake nodded in agreement. "I moved my stuff in earlier today. Hope that's okay." She said as they rounded the corner of the stair case. The apartment was already furnished, so it was really just personal belongings. "I don't have a lot anyway and its still in boxes. Just wanted to get it in there so we wouldn't try moving in at the same time and get in each other's way." Blake laughed as they made it to the door of the apartment.

Once they were inside, her few boxes could be seen off to the side. She had a rather large, old looking trunk with a couple cardboard boxes sitting on top and then a suitcase leaning against it. "I didn't want to 'claim' a room until you had a chance to look around... Wasn't sure if you had a preference about waking up with the sunrise or not." Blake joked while stepping into the kitchen area.

"I'm actually pretty good either way. Cool trunk, looks old," Willow commented, glancing at it in passing as he walked to the closer of the two bedrooms. "I work late and my first class isn't until later, so I usually sleep in a bit. I can always add curtains." This was a nice space. It was on the larger side, but not ridiculous. The bed and single nightstand seemed standard enough. Really boring room, but that meant a blank canvass! He wandered out and to the other room. "How about you? Do you have a preference?"

Blake paused a moment when he noticed the trunk. When she typically had female roommates they would immediately want to see what was inside and that wasn't something she wanted to share. Though he seemed to immediately put it out of mind and was focused on the two bedrooms. "I have black out curtains, so it won't bother me either." Blake flashed a smile his direction. "My eyes are a little light sensitive if the sun is too bright." She said quietly and opened up the fridge to gauge the size of it. Currently it was empty, but had enough space for the two of them. The cabinets even had the basic cups and plates available.

"So how do you want to split groceries? Just buy and eat our own stuff or share?" She leaned her elbows on one of the counters as she looked over at Willow. He seemed rather normal overall, though a sudden look came across her face. "You're not vegan or anything are you?" Her expression showed the disgust she felt about even the prospect of that. "If you are, we'll definitely just buy our own stuff."

Willow came into the kitchen as Blake was talking and caught her expression. He laughed out loud at that. "Way to hide your true feelings on the subject," he chortled. "No, I'm not vegan or anything particularly interesting. How about half and half? I don't think our schedules sync up enough to always be eating together, so there's no point in planning for that, but we could plan one or two meals weekly so we can talk and touch base about whatever issues come up. That meal expense we can trade off, the rest we just buy or own stuff. How's that? Nice and simple?"

He wandered over to look out the window. Not a great view, but the window opened! He'd learned the value of a window that opened after living with a particularly fragrant roommate. A fellow from the middle-east, they had no idea what the proper amount of cologne was and always doused themselves with the stuff. Really nice guy, just smelly. "I think I'll take the sunny room, since you don't care either way. Oh, hey, do you have a car?"

At least he wasn't a strange person that only ate vegetables or something crazy. She just nodded at the idea of sharing the groceries and even having meals together. "We can always have a little bulletin board thing to post our schedules for the week. Just so we know when the other has a big test coming up or something and not to be too disruptive." Seemed an easy way to keep up to date and courteous of each other. When Willow started wandering toward the window and opening it, she had to giggle quietly to herself. His memory of the previous roommate was quite funny. As he started talking about the rooms, she just held in her giggle and nodded. "Sounds great."

To keep herself busy for a few moments, she started picking up her boxes to take to the room that would now be her's. "I don't have a car. Never really had a reason for one." Blake shrugged as she picked up one of the boxes. "When do you plan bringing your stuff?" She just nodded, "I don't know if you will need help.. Just let me know." Blake grinned while walking with the box. "I also hope you don't need a lot of space in the bathroom."

"I like the idea of the bulletin boards," Willow agreed, tossing his backpack into the corner. "I'll go grab my stuff here in a minute. I wanted to get a feeling for the space before I cluttered it up." He came back, grinning at her as he shoved his hair back. "So. This is going to be an adventure. Do you want Chinese for dinner? I'll buy!"

"Chinese sounds good." Blake said from the hallway. It was only a moment before she came back for her other boxes. For now she was just going to set them in the room and worry about opening them up and organizing a little later. Maybe after dinner or when Willow was bringing his own belongings to the apartment. "We can start making a list of things we need after eating and maybe go shopping tomorrow?" Blake took a seat on her trunk, not quite ready to move it yet.

Back