Zara's Park Tournament (Pokemon RP) 5/5

I'll most likely be doing the same once I get finished with my schooling for the day too.

Name: Patricia "Patty" Atteberry
Region of Origin: Kanto

Appearance:
Patty is a somewhat chubby girl of average height and light complexion. Her light brown hair is cut into a short messy bob up to her chin with bangs that almost entirely conceals her eyes. Her usual attire consists of a pale-yellow blouse under a sky blue cardigan, white denim pants, plain white ankle socks, and a light blue running shoes with velcro straps. She often has a white cane in her hand for navigation.

Background:

Patricia Atteberry was born blind to a couple of pokemon breeders in Fuschia City. Her childhood was rather typical. As the younger of two siblings, she doted on by her parents (almost to an overprotective extent). As a child, her parents would often take her to the Pokemon Zoo when they could afford to. This might strike others as a little odd, considering that the point of a zoo is to view the creatures within it but Patty enjoyed it nonetheless. After all, pokemon had so many different calls, scents, and natures. As a child, Patty dreamt of travelling to lands beyond, meeting all sorts of pokemon. However, her parents were not so keen on it.

Fast forward years later, a thirteen year old Patty was now a regular at Fuschia Gym. The girl proved to be a decent trainer, holding up well against trainers who wished to challenge the gym leader Janine. But without the prerequisite badges, the gym leader wouldn’t accept her challenges. Not even after she navigated around the invisible walls as easily as she would around any other wall. She wanted to be more serious as a trainer. But how could she, when her parents wouldn’t even provide her with what she needed for a journey across the land. They deemed it too dangerous for her and not because of her age, they had let her older brother set out on his own journey at roughly the same age.

It took her almost seven months for her to save up enough to leave for a journey. Reluctantly, her parents had complied. Even they had to admit she did have potential as a trainer. However, just three years in, her journey was cut short by an accident in the caves of seafoam island. It was such a simple thing, just a slip and a fall, but it put her out of commission. Her mother had to pick her up, returning her home to recuperate. And during her time stuck in bed, Patty realised that it wouldn't hurt to take a break from being a trainer to pursue and develop other interests as well as to catch up with her family.

That was roughly a couple of years ago. Now she was back to battling, this time with a fresh start on the Park Tournament. This time with an energetic croagunk, a birthday gift sent in from her brother currently travelling through Sinnoh .Her parents do not thing this is a good idea.

Personality:
Patty is the cheery and somewhat serene sort with a very giggly disposition. The girl’s a dreamer and a romantic. She tends to take things in stride and has a knack for coming up with things on the fly. This serves her well in pokemon battles as she can keep a cool head and analyzing the situation even without sight. When her mind is set on something, there is no holding back this girl.

She also happens to be hugely curious, almost to the point of recklessness, when encountering new pokemon. She seems to have a higher affinity towards pokemon than with human beings.

Pokemon Party:

Pokemon (Name) (♂ or or - )AbilityMove 1Move 2Move 3Move 4
Croagunk (Ribbit)Dry skinAstonishMud-slapPoison stingRevenge
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

Last edited:
They got until I come back from college tomorrow, and if they don't come then I'll either reopen the RP to one more person or begin the RP.

Name: Daniel Hornwen
Region of Origin: Hoenn

Appearance: Daniel is a man of average build and average appearance, if you were to ask him directly. He keeps his dark brown hair just short enough that it holds itself up and well away from falling into his pale green eyes. His stature is six feet even, unless you count his hair (which he does tend to do). Most commonly, Daniel is found wearing blue jeans and a black T-shirt, white runners and occasionally a red ball cap.

Background: Daniel grew up in Mauville City, and as a young teen the couple at the daycare took him under their wing. The boy flourished under their tutelage and quickly became one of the most renowned breeders of his generation. At twenty years of age he met Savannah, the love of his life, and sired a son, Matthew. Sending Matthew off to begin his own journey rekindled a long-dormant fire in Daniel, and when word of Zara Park reached him he knew he had to go. It took a little while to convince Savannah to let him go, but with the promise he would return as quickly as possible, Daniel packed his bag and boarded the next ship.

Personality: Reliable almost to a fault, Daniel will put himself in any danger to help those he deems to be his responsibility. He is very much a family man, constantly telling stories of his son and wife. There is a certain gentleness about him, honed from years of raising baby Pokemon. Daniel is also a bit of a goof, with 'dad jokes' being one of his most highly prized talents.

Pokemon Party:
Pokemon (Name) (♂ or or - )AbilityMove 1Move 2Move 3Move 4
Mudkip (Cairo) Male Torrent Tackle Growl Mud-slap Water Gun
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

Ok so before we start the RP, I want to state some last minute things. Some of which that I shall post in the IC, some of which I will not.

1. If you go exploring, then I decide if you find a pokemon or not and what pokemon you will find. If you want to guarantee finding the type of Pokemon you want then send me a PM. You get to do this ONCE!!
2. I shall RP as the Pokemon until you catch it.
3. Tournament and Park Rules, as well as Park Prices and the map will be listed on the IC.
4. Interactions between player controlled characters is greatly encouraged.
5. If you RP as your Pokemon talking to another Pokemon, then have them talk like this. Ex. <Hello there friend. Would you like to play?>

Last edited:
I know right. Anywho the thread shall be up soon. I'm going to eat dinner, polish up the thread then it'll be up. Est. Time 1 Hour.

I forgot to mention, if you're post please mention if you are going to find pokemon, collect berries, search for trainers etc. I'm not a mind reader so it is a 50/50 chance that I'll pick up on what random events you want me to do for you.

Back