Zara's Park Tournament (Pokemon RP)

ChelonianCommander

Strength of Steel, Will of Iron
The Park is in a great bustle as a new batch of trainers arrived onto the park via plane, boat and helicopter. The latest and last batch of trainers had arrived on Zara's Park, much to Prof. Zizi's delight. Finally the 100 teams have all arrived and were about to be sent off on their task to be Zara's Park's first Tournament Champion. Upon arriving the Trainers are frisked and patted down for illegal and restricted items. They are then given their own customary Gear Roster as well as the standard Participant's Status. The Pokemon they brought were registered to the Park's own system and after a brief rundown of the tournament and park rules, they were sent off their way.

Walking off the boat is a young teenage girl, around the age of 16 with brown hair and blue eyes, wearing a green t-shirt, a brown vest and yellow skirt with a Pidgey sitting on her shoulder. She wears a set of some rather glasses, which holds a hidden secret. A camera in the lens the girl uses to record and take pictures of the park from the moment she walks off her boat. Like the other participants, she was given her Gear Roster, a watch like object with a holographic projection. When she puts it on and turns on the Gear Roster, she is given a little prerecorded introduction by the Park Manager herself. Zizi stands in her lab and wearing her professor's outfit and standing in front of a holographic map of the park.

"Hello and Welcome to Zara's Park." She starts off. "You are the fourth and last batch of visitors arriving on the island and as such you have a bit of a late start, but do not worry! We have rules against stronger Trainers picking on weaker ones. Now you have joined Zara's Park's first Tournament for the chance to earn the title of Tournament Champion or earn a grand prize of 5 million cash! Perhaps both, or perhaps neither. It doesn't matter, as long as you're here for fun. Remember, the real reward's in the journey, not the destination." The Gear then zooms into the holographic map. The map shows a rough route of the park. "Now here is your route through the park. Through this route you shall travel through all the biomes of the park, and meet many amazing pokemon, battle dozens of trainers and have access to all the Park's amenities. Now your first destination will be Nomad's Plain and the settlement of Newman Town. Now gear up and I hope you all have a wonderful time Trainers. Good luck and good fortune." The gear roster turns off and the girl rolls her eyes and continues onward.

Dylan tossed a tournament ball into the air, catching it on the way down again before repeating. He couldn't help the rather large grin on his face as he stared out at the Fairgrounds. Sure, it wasn't the wilds he was used to. but it was the start of something. Something that would hopefully fix his problem and get him back on track.

Sam barked up at him from his side as he was fiddling with the Gear they gave him, tail wagging. "Yeah, you're right. Let's get moving." Dylan murmered as the duo began to make their way down and into the Fairgrounds, looking for the shopping district to begin with. Dylan wasn't actually at the point where he could understand Sam, but as he watched the excitable little puppy run around sniffing everything he was pretty sure he didn't need to at the moment. Making there way into the store, Dylan cracks his neck. Time to get to work.

A few hours later they duo emerged with a pleased Dylan and a decidedly grumpy Sam, who had needed to be reigned in over the course of the shopping spree. As recompense, Dylan had purchased Sam a Zigzagoon plushie. It was kind of a waste, but the moment the Poochyena's eyes lit up was worth it.

Dylan's large backpack was now filled to the brim with essentialy survival equipment he deemed he would need. A tent, bed roll, cooking equipment, trail rations and ingredients, pokemon food, the works really. He patted himself on the bakc for the n+1 time that he bothered to learn how to cook during his travels.

Looking around, Dylan checks his gear. He hadn't bothered to find his teammate, and he figured it would be good to at least meet up with the guy before he made his way into the plains. Finding the profile, he reads it. "Gideon huh... no last name either. Weird." He mutters to himself as Sam runs around his ankles, squeaking his toy with glee.

Shrugging his shoulders a little to shift his pack, Dylan lets out a whistle to grab Sam's attention. "Come on mate, lets go find this bloke."

Tlmm had won the Park's first Tournament.

He was surrounded by tons of cheering fans, chanting his name and blowing kisses to the boy. He smiled brightly as he took everything in. A big bright cake was placed in front of him, and he looked at it in awe. Mew patted his shoulder, and beckoned him to eat the cake, and Timm took a big bite out of it. It was nice and warm...

Too warm. Hot, in fact, burning! Timm woke with a start, Charmander's tail in his mouth, scorching his mouth, leaving him with a dry, and a well done tongue. Charmander clawed her master, snapping him from his trance. He looked around, only to realize he was in the plane, getting a lot of strange looks as he whimpered due to his burnt tongue. Charmander tenderly grasped her bitten tail, and whimpered as well, feeling a bit betrayed. She nearly fell off of her master's lap when the plane shuddered to a halt. Everyone filed out of the thin aisle that held the plane together, and began walking out.

He walked out of his plane, his dark hair blowing in the breeze and his brown eyes twinkled with excitement. He wore a white T-shirt under a thin red jacket, and blue jeans. His relativley empty rucksack he carried with him was secured on his back. He waited for his Charmander to waddle over, recieving his very own Gear roster, which projected an image, which he recited along with the prerecording.

"Hello and Welcome to Zara's Park." She starts off. "You are the fourth and last batch of visitors arriving on the island and as such you have a bit of a late start, but do not worry! We have rules against stronger Trainers picking on weaker ones. Now you have joined Zara's Park's first Tournament for the chance to earn the title of Tournament Champion or earn a grand prize of 5 million cash! Perhaps both, or perhaps neither. It doesn't matter, as long as you're here for fun. Remember, the real reward's in the journey, not the destination." The Gear then zooms into the holographic map. The map shows a rough route of the park. "Now here is your route through the park. Through this route you shall travel through all the biomes of the park, and meet many amazing pokemon, battle dozens of trainers and have access to all the Park's amenities. Now your first destination will be Nomad's Plain and the settlement of Newman Town. Now gear up and I hope you all have a wonderful time Trainers. Good luck and good fortune."

The boy jumped with a start, dashing ahead as he began chanting his partners' name, "Shaun, Shaun, Shaun..." He said, waving at the nice security people who patted him down, and he went off, taking in the fresh scent of the island...

He had this tournament in the bag.

Gideon was in the far side of the park looking at all the various Pokemon that were owned. He looked over as Cheryl was playing with a little Growlithe pup before it was called over by it's trainer. Gideon stood up with good rod in hand he called over Cheryl watching as she waddled near him. He was going to have to go to the shopping district to stock up on some pokemon food for Cheryl his duffle bag was already filled with A tent, bed roll, medical supplies and ration bars so he would probably need to buy a back pack as well and reorganize.

Getting out of the bag store Gideon headed back to the far side of the park to rearrange most of his things putting the pokeballs and medical supplies in his backpack. and leaving the tent, bed roll and rations in the duffel bag. Looking at his Gear he was notified of his new partner from the time being. "Hmm I hope he has a strong pokemon" Gideon said "Chansey" Cheryl replied before piking up the bag to help her trainer as the two set off trying to find there partner.

Shaun's partner was late, well not late, rather he was on the last group arriving, but honestly Shaun didn't care, he was too excited to, this would be a fun and exciting adventure and him and his Gible Phineas, were ready to take on this challenge. Phineas shuffled in the bag he traveled in, looking to his trainer impatiently, 'gible' he said. "I know, I know, I want to get going as much as you do but we gotta wait on our partner." He told his buddy. Yeah, they had to wait for this Tlmm, and then they could get going, he already had his supplies after all. He'd just wait for now at the exit, that way they could leave as soon as possible.

Timm was darting around crowds of people, milling about to find their partners. After the crowd had thinned after about ten more minutes, Timm spotted Shaun, and smiled as he matched the picture with the real life version of Shaun. He picked up Charmander, to help him from getting trampled, and made his way to Shaun, yelling his name.
"Shaun! Shaun! Hey, I'm over here" He yelled, struggling past kids who were, for the most part, bigger than him. Charmander chirped happily as Timm hollered, and wriggled in Timm's arms.

Shaun looked over when he heard his name. He saw the younger boy, who must his partner Tlmm, walking towards him, having some difficulty getting through the crowds. Shaun approached him, saving him the trouble of fighting his way through the rest of the people. Phineas chirped excitedly happy to be moving again, he saw the Charmander and wriggled out of his pack, walking over. 'Gible gib' he said in greeting to the fellow Pokemon.
Shaun held out his hand to Tlmm, "I'm Shaun, it's a pleasure to meet you. Can't wait to get started and get to know you better." He said smiling. Finally they could get started, daylight was burning after all.

(Made in conjunction with @Karkat )
Dylan stepped over Sam for the umpteenth time as the excitable puppy sped around, happily squeaking his Zigzagoon plushie, tumbling with the toy that was nearly his size before fighting himself and resuming to run around.

Dylan stared at his Gear, trying to figure out who in the crowd was his partner. While some of the people had thinned, a large amount seemed determined to remain in the Fairegrounds for the night and set off in the morning.

Spinning in his heel, Dylan watched the small dot move again. Suddenly he heard a pokemon’s startled cry and the excited barking of Sam. Sighing, he went over to apologise for his excitable puppy.

Once he made his way over however, he felt like hugging the dog. The... kid in front of him fit the description exactly, and the Chansey that was leaning away from Sam while he sniffed and barked happily at her, plushie to the side as his tail wagged, fit the description he was given.

Looking down at the kid, he pointed a finger at him. “Gideon, right?”

Gideon looked up from the excitable Poochyena and saw an older muscular man with olive skin, a red bandanna with a white pokeball symbol on it wrapped around his arm. Looking at the man for a split second then at his Gear he could definitely confirm he was his partner in the event.

"Gideon sir, at your service." He said respectfully before pulling out his pokedex the device began scanning the Poochyena before giving Gideon a estimation of it's moves. "My my, it seems you have trained him well!" Gideon remarks. "Anyway this here is my partner Cheryl." he pointed to the Chansey that was playing with the Poochyena.

"I'm not really much of a battler myself since I'm a proffesors aide, but you can count on me and Cheryl for support." Picking up his bag and rod "So shall we get started? Do you wanna camp here or get on the road?" He asked, waiting for a response.

Dylan raised his eyebrow at the kid’s enthusiasm. He had originally planned to just say hi and leave. But then Gideon has mentioned being a professor’s aid. As he absentmindedly scanned Cheryl, he noted the rather... aggressive move set for support Pokémon.

“You ever survived in the wild alone kid?” He questions.

"Ah! I'm not look like it but i’m Professor Elm's field aide, I mostly do all the delivery and pokemon capturing so I'm no stranger to sleeping out doors." Gideon stopped before saying "I'm fine as long as we don't get a hoard of Beedrills on us." He adds nervously.

“Alright...” Dylan says uncertainly, eyeing the kid. He would have to make sure that this kid could walk the walk, otherwise he wouldn’t be able to leave him for fear of him eating a poisonous berry.

“Well, i’m heading out right now. I just came to say hi and offer you the opportunity to tag along.”

"That would be fine, this is better than having to hide from a horde of Rhyhorns." Gideon optimistically replied. "Chansey Chan!" Cheryl agreed as the two trianers started their journey.

"Anyway you from Hoenn? Don't see much Poochyenas. You a dark type trainer?" Gideon started the conversation.

Gideon laughed a little at the kid’s question. Reminded him a bit of when he was that age. Always so interested in those around him.

“Not on purpose no, but my team back home did have some sort of dark influence. Guess i’m Just naturally more attracted to them, you know?” He states as the two leave he Fairegrounds and begin to make their way into the plains proper.

Crouching down, he gives Sam a scratxh behind the ears, the puppy licking at his palm as he stands back up, looking at Gideon. “They aren’t as bad as the public makes them out to be. And yeah, i’m from hoenn. Did the accent give it away? Where you from, anyway?”

"The Poochyena was what mostly gave it away for me.” begins Gideon. “Don't see much of them outside of Hoenn since I encountered a few when I went to get some pokemon eggs from Proffesor Birch. I'm from Johto by the way and Cheryl's actually from one of the eggs from a Pokecenter in Violet City if you know the place." Gideon said as the duo traveleld through the wilderness plenty of pokemon could be heard, rustling nearby.

"Anyway I wonder how many badges you have judging by your Poochyena you atleast have 4-5 badges right? Unless you got him from a battle oriented breeder."

“Close.” Replies Dylan. “Poochyena are actually somewhat common back home. The real rarity is seeing anyone with a Mightyena, as people love to underestimate them.” He frowns at the thought.

Looking around him, he seems the duo far enough from the Fairegrounds to begin. It was getting dark, so he would have to move fast if he wanted a day active Pokémon.

“Right. Let’s see what we can find. Wait there.” He murmurs to himself as he set an off into the wilderness, leaving Gideon behind for the moment.

(Hit me up @ChelonianCommander )

@TheGreenerGrey @Karkat

690.png
038.png

Around a mile outside Fairegrounds there is a medium tree that sits by its lonesome by the main road. However this tree is currently under attack by a Honedge constantly slashing and bashing the tree, trying to knock down the tree's inhabitants, a large group of Bounsweets for an unknown reason. The Honedge seems relentless in its attack and the Bounsweets seems to be rightfully scared.​

The moment he spotted the scene, Dylan leapt into action. This was a perfect chance to give Sam some experience! Although, he was wary of the honedge. He may not know many Pokémon, much like the ones being attacked, but he had heard of this one. At later evolutions, it could match a Tyranitar. He would need to be careful, and be smart about it.

Kneeling down, he carefully extracts the Plushie from Sam's mouth and places it into a pocket. "See that Honedge? I need you to fight him. Can you do that?" He asks, running a hand through Sam's thick fur as the Poochyena nods enthusatically, lowering his hindquarters to the ground.

"Great! In that case, go! Once you're in range, use Sand Attack to blind it as many times as you can!" Dylan cries as Sam bolts ahead towards the Honedge. However, Dylan wouldn't just be standing around for this battle. As Sam intercepted the Honedge and sent a wave of sand towards the blade pokémon's eyes, Dylan sprints his way across the distance, out of sight of the honedge.

Reaching the base of the tree, the trainer looks up at the berry-like pokemon, arms open and beckoning them silently. "Come on! Jump! I'll catch you!" He whispers hurriedly, keeping the Honedge out of the corner of his eye.

Seeing Dylan's plan Gideon decided to help him, using his good rod he threw the line over a thick tree branch and used the line as a rope to grab the Bounsweet higher up in the trees. And let them gently drop nearer to the branches dylan was helping them from.

He then repeated this move to get the Bounsweet up higher from danger all the while the Poochyena battled the Honedge

Looking at the Corner of his eye he saw Cheryl helping Dylan with the Bounsweet landing in Dylan's arms or Cheryl's head.

Last edited:
@TheGreenerGrey @Karkat

690.png
038.png

The Honedge gets stuck in the eyes by the Poochyena's sand attack. Angered, it began to slash and swing at the Poochyena repeatedly, with each swing comes closer and closer to hitting the pokemon. The Bounsweet were wary of the humans attempting to help, but one enthusiastically jumped from the branch and into Dylan's hands. The other Bounsweet, enboldened by their comrade's bravery, or stupidity, followed and jumped from the branch or used the line as a fishing rope to climb down.​

Setting down the Bounsweets one at a time, as he helped them flee with Gideon's aid, Dylan glances over at Sam. "That's it boy! Keep it up! Sand attack again and back off for a Howl!" He calls out, to which Sam nods and sends another small wave of sand towards the Honedge's eye as he leap away and draws in a deep breath before letting loose a bone-chilling howl, his figure seemingly becoming more deadly despite there being no change.

Looking around, Dylan tried to spot where the Bounsweet could go in the meantime, but it was all open plains. "Okay, I need you guys ready to run if we can't beat this honedge, you get me?" He tells the group of Bounsweet as more jump into his arms to be deposited on the ground.

@TheGreenerGrey @Karkat

proxy.php
proxy.php

After getting to the ground, the most of the Bounsweet quickly ran off into the surrounding plains and long grass. There were only a few Bounsweet left that had yet to leave. The Honedge on the other hand, frustrated and angered by the constant flurry of sand, began to move quicker then the eye can see and strikes the Poochyena with an unavoidable Aerial Ace.​

Sam cries out in pain as the attck lands, the powerful blow impact him heard enough to send him sprawling to the ground. "Aerial Ace?! No!" Shouta Dylan as he sprints his way over, now that the tree was cleared. ."Sam! Roll away and use ice fang! Grip him from the side so he can't swing!" He calls out as he make shis way over.

The small Poochyena struggles on the ground for a bit, before rolling over and avoiding a followup attack from the Hinedge. His fangs suddenly lengthen and turn an icy blue before he launches himself at the Honedge.

"Aerial Ace? Hmm....This pokemon might be worth capturing after all" Gideon said to himself. 'Still it would be much more efficient to let Dylan's Poochyena deal with it so.' "Cheryl support using Soft-Boiled on the Poochyena." Gideon ordered to his Chansey as the egg in her pouch glowed preparing the move should it's teamate be injured.

"Dylan I would like to capture that Honedge if you don't mind, but its immune to all my attacks I'll be relying on both of you so attack all you want me and Cheryl will be the ones to heal and defend you." Gideon stated his hand was at his park ball at the ready to throw the moment Honedge went down.

Dylan looked at Gideon in astonishment. “Are you kiddin’ me mate?!” He shouts back towards Gideon. “That’s a Honedge. We’re fighting it with a Poochyena and a Fairy type! One slip up and this could all go wrong! Only reason I haven’t run is because those berry’s aren’t clear yet!” He says to him, worry evident on his face as he looks towards Sam, a plan forming.

He wasn’t going to deny a kid a Pokémon if he could help I’d, but he also didn’t want Sam in danger. Glancing back at Gideon, he speaks in a calmer tone. “How food is Cheryl at healing?”

"One Chansey's are normal types. Two very good besides She will be taking the front just attack when you see an opening and even if Sams a simple Poochyena we have type advantage. she can heal either herself or Sam."

Seeing the Honedge attack wih another Aerial Ace "Cheryl move infront of Sam and use Soft-Boiled on yourself after" he ordered Cheryl moved into the Honedges path taking the hit before healing herself. The Honedge seemed to try and float back "Dazzling Gleam" the light enveloping the Chansey blinded the Honedge and damged it even if only slightly the attack stopped its movements momentarily. "DYLAN NOW!" Gideon said to his older teamate.

Last edited:
@TheGreenerGrey @Karkat

proxy.php
proxy.php

Seeing that it was now outnumbered, the Honedge decides to get serious, removing its sheathe and brandishing its blade at the Chansey and the Poochyena, seemingly becoming faster then before. It gets into the position, seemly to stab at the Chansey, but then moves at blinding speeds. The Sword Pokemon by passes the Chansey and stops in front of the Poochyena to strike it not with Aerial Ace, but instead slashing it with a powerful swing from its blade.​

“They’re normal type? Huh. You wouldn’t expect it from such a pink Pokemon.” Dylan mutters to himself as he watches Gideon order his pokemon to get in his Poochyena’s way. He wouldn’t have reprimanded the kid, but then the Honedge made its move.

The only thing that saved Sam was Dylan’s hones reflexea from years of dealing with battles like this. The moment the Honedge blurred, Dylan was already calling out “BLOCK!” Towards Sam, who’s teeth had yet to face back to normal.

Blade and fang met in a powerful clash as the moves collided with one another, Sam’s small body being driven towards the ground as the larger Pokémon neared down on him, a terrible grinding noise emanating from where the two attacks clashed.

Dylan hurled a pokéball at the Honedge, calling out to Sam. “Get clear while it’s stuck!”

Back