Status
Not open for further replies.
Appearance:

Name:
Mason Moretti

Canon:
OC (Convergence)

Powers/Abilities/Equipment:
Aura Constructs - He can create objects out of aura energy, such as weapons, short-range portals, and copies of other things, though he can't copy supernatural or magical aspects of things.
Potara Earring - Can fuse with his sister, who has the matching earring, but she isn't around.

Bio:
Wiki Link

View attachment 6349

NAME: Doctor Langa

CANON: OC; Original Verse

POWERS/ABILITIES/EQUIPMENT: A master of all African and Afro-Diasporic religions (Macumba, Obeah, Santeria, Candomble, Voodoo, Palo Mayombe and more).Learned some Scholomantic magic which amped up his spellcasting considerably so he doesn't require rituals for spells. Also has learned stray bits of Western Hermeticism and other systems.

BIO: Doctor Langa is in fact the character named ‘Oolanga’ in Bram Stoker’s ‘The Lair of the White Worm.’ However, far from the demeaning caricature Stoker described, Langa was a former slave and an indentured servant from West Africa. As a child he showed great propensity for magic and spirituality, and was prepared to become a Vodun priest prior to being captured by slave traders. Having first been forced to work in Caribbean plantations, where he officiated Voudou rituals to encourage hope and resistance in his fellow slaves, he was brought to England to serve as an indentured servant, where in the 1850s he fell into the service of Edgar Caswell, a low level ceremonial magician from Derbyshire, England.

The reality of his time during the events of ‘Lair of the White Worm’ is that while in servitude to Caswell, Langa learned all he could about Caswell’s magic arts and mastered them in no time (Caswell had no more than a passing interest in Langa’s traditions and considered them inferior to his).

Additionally, this is also where he first encountered the forces of The Scholomance.

A note about the Scholomance: while it may be the black magic school of ancient lore, that could well be a front. The Scholomance guards an evil scroll, The Untext, which secrets and power stem from incomprehensible, alien entities that escape human conception, would easily overrun our reality and reshape it to theirs, and leave anyone engaging its secrets at the highest level an addled, mad mess. No, it is thought by only a select few that The Scholomance may actually perform a vital function: producing comforting, slow acting, beautiful gothic horrors that the human mind can grasp even as it fears them, and keeping the forces behind The Untext in check and satisfied enough to prevent an Apocalypse.

Back to Derbyshire, 1860, one such creature of The Scholomance was the Lady Arabella (protagonist of Stoker’s novel), who was in fact a Lamia, one of four classes of vampires generated by The Scholomance. Arabella sensed the power and potential in Doctor Langa and sought to seduce him to her side (she could not turn him, for only females could become Lamiae). Arabella herself had attended the Scholomance, though not in their Inner Circle of ten. Doctor Langa charmed her enough to learn some of Scholomance magic, which amped his power considerably and set him on his course to become an occult, anti-colonial liberation mage.

Before fleeing England, he purchased immortality from the loa Papa Legba.

Doctor Langa spent the following decades of the 19th and 20th century:
  • Becoming an initiate of all Afro-Diasporic religions (Macumba, Obeah, Santeria, Candomble, Voodoo, Palo Mayombe and more)
  • Learning stray bits of Scholomantic magic, Western Hermeticism and other systems
  • Aiding revolutionary forces in Africa, Asia, Latin America as well as in North America,Europe and Australia
  • Coming into conflict with: Lord Ruthven; a white supremacist coven; the CIA, British and European security forces; the vampire hunter Cade Morris; the sorcerer Gaheris MacLot; The Unknown Patrol; and more.
In the early 1990s, Doctor Langa shifted his focus and decided to protect exploited communities from supernatural menace little by little, in a more pacifist approach. He continues this mission until today.

Appearance:
View attachment 6352
Name:
Thaal Sinestro

Canon:
DC Comics/

Powers/Weaponry:
Yellow Power Ring/ Lantern
Green Power Ring/ Lantern
Ultraviolet Power Ring/ Lantern
Indigo Power Staff/ Lantern
The Skull of Lyssa Drak
Spirit of Parallax

Short Bio:

Other Info:
Taken from Dead or Lie's Intro, elaborated upon in a coming fic.​

"I've got to use my head and think!
Hmmmmm.... Mmmmm...."

Appearance:

Af3UfB9.jpg

Name:
Siegward of Catarina

Canon:
latest

Powers / Abilities / Equipment:

-Very strong; capable of wielding an ultra greatsword with one hand.

- Very durable; his armor set is one of the best in the game.

- Has the Storm Ruler.

- Has a Zweihander.

-Has a Pierce Shield.

- Has Estus Flasks.

- Has a lot of Siegbrau (Victory Brew).

- Can cast miracles Emit Force, Sacred Oath, and Heal.

Short Bio:
As one of the Unkindled, Siegward is responsible for bringing the Lords of Cinder back to their thrones. When he was on his way to do so, he got caught up in the events of Brand of the Hawk, but made it out and continued his quest. Unfortunately, that wasn't the last of his hardships.

Other Info:
  • He's not very smart...
  • He takes a lot of naps.

wJ7Xm2j.jpg

"Bang."

Name
Spike Spiegel

Canon

Powers/Weaponry
Jericho 941 Handgun
Follower of Jeet Kune Do
Ace Pilot
Sharp Intellect
Lack of Self-Preservation

Short Bio
Wiki Link
Just a bounty hunter running from his past on a junk ship called the Bebop. You're gonna carry that weight, cowboy.

Other Info
Taken after the events of Cowboy Bebop

Appearance:
9nKcSrg.png

Name:
Mebuki Kusunoki

Canon:
Kusunoki Mebuki is a Hero

Powers/Weaponry:
Mebuki wears a Sentinel suit, which gives her supernatural physical ability as well as a particularly good resistance to heat. The suit also comes with a bayoneted rifle.

Short Bio:

Folks, I just want to say how very sorry I am for not contributing like I planned to. Life gets super busy. But I would love to participate as I can, especially to test out my OCs.

Folks, I just want to say how very sorry I am for not contributing like I planned to. Life gets super busy. But I would love to participate as I can, especially to test out my OCs.
No worries! If you need any help, feel free to ask.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back