Status
Not open for further replies.
The boy let him go. He was silent for a moment.

"You're dull," he said. "Too dull." He sighed and rubbed at the side of his neck. "Do you know anything at all? Your plans. Your goal?"

@Capri

Elliot crossed his arms and thought about what Nathan said.

"So he's a bad man...?" he asked cautiously. "Billy said this world was very sinister, though he didn't seem sure how we could actually leave. Seems it's latched on to Nathan a bit, don't you think?" He glanced at the others, reading their expressions. "Maybe we should match what Nathan remembers and put that man in jail?"

@Space_Candy @Jeremi @York @School

"Not much," the boy said. "Just your thoughts."

He suddenly appeared behind Gentaro, just behind his right ear. "Your group's led by the Demiurge, isn't it? Only fitting we'd trap you here, in the reality he's been fighting since his existence. Did you know, I have a particular fondness for this place..."

@Capri

"He has a look about him," Bridgette admitted. "Like he's hiding something dark." Maybe that was the reason they were here or at least one part in breaking the cycle. "What more can you tell us about him, Nathan? How much dirt do you have?"

@Atomic Knight @Space_Candy @Jeremi @York @School

"......." Honda listened to what Sinestro had to offer, dubious at first until the suggestion of a new kind of circus show put a grin on his face. "You hear that, everybody? We're getting a special act tonight!! If it keeps the folks entertained, I'll give that champion of yours a go. Who knows? Maybe we'll be able to charge extra for sparring matches if it's a hit!"

@Atomic Knight @Sark @Jeremi @Ver @Takumi @Crunch

---

Jianyu sighed. Of course... "Yeah, yeah, let's see if I can get those little fuckers to leave us alone." She'd attempt to use Psycho Power to keep the tigers docile and unwilling to attack through emotional manipulation. It was a trick she fucking hated, but this circus had pissed her off so much that she really couldn't care less if it meant she got the fuck out.

@Atomic Knight

"Eh?" Honda looked over to Touma and Azura, noticing the way they were posed. "Uh-oh...hope you're not planning to interrupt the strongman's show, kids! Monsieur Loyal won't be pleased about you breaking Rule 279! Unless..." The sumo then grinned rather darkly. "You wanna be volunteers for the act? In that case...THINK FAST!! HA!!!"

Stepping back, Honda tossed the barrel towards the group, the projectile headed right towards them. But before anyone had time to react, he lunged forward in what could only be described as a flying headbutt, sailing right under the barrel and landing right in front of the group. He caught the projectile in both hands, tossing it high into the air, as he took his place back in the center of the ring. "Here's your sumo lesson for the day! I bet you always see sumos on TV do this stomping move, but do you know what it's called?" He lifted one leg up in the air, straight out, before stomping on the ground, and repeating with the other. "This exercise is what we in the business call a 'shiko'!! It dates back all the way to the start of sumo, and we usw it both for rituals and exercise! I once did five hundred of these in a row without stopping! But I don't have time now, because..."

The barrel was finally coming down, and Honda smirked, getting himself ready. As it came down to his level, he cried out, "Let's go! Edmond Honda's special technique...HUNDRED HAND SLAP!!!"

DIyeoV6.gif

Hands moving at record speed, Honda hit the barrel repeatedly, with one decisive smack breaking the thing. Candy suddenly burst out, as if from a piñata, and Honda laughed proudly among the cheers as he took a bow. "Thanks, everybody! Make sure you grab a bag of this stuff from consessions. Eat enough, and you'll get as big and strong as me someday!! Gahahahaha!!"

@Atomic Knight @Jeremi @Ver @Takumi @Crunch @Sark

Azura shifted, as if she was going to stand in front of Touma as the barrel was thrown their way, but blinked in surprise as Edmond outsped it and took care of it before she could do anything else.

The sumo's brow furrowed. "Wanda..." He spoke the name quietly to himself, as if it did seem to resonate within him just the tiniest bit. "That's quite the stage name. Miss Maximoff...I'm guessing you just left another circus, huh?"

@Atomic Knight @Jeremi @Ver @Takumi @Crunch @Sark @Yun Lee

Wanda shook her head. "No, when I say a prison I mean prison. Just like you." She looked intently into Honda's eyes. "Tell me, is this really the place of the great sumo wrestler Edmond Honda?"

She wasn't trying to be delicate, but Wanda knew that screaming at him wasn't going to help either. "Isn't there a place more worthy of your talent and skill other than this circus? Aren't you supposed to be a self-made man?"

@Atomic Knight @Jeremi @Ver @Takumi @Crunch @Sark @Yun Lee

"We're wasting our time on this one..." Sinestro scowled. He leaned in towards Wanda and lowered his voice so that only she might hear him. "Look at him..."
View attachment 7531
"He values his muscle over mind... We'd fare far better beating his senses back into him. Of course, such a violent strategy would no doubt violate the circus' rules. Fighting is likely forbidden... but sport? Sport might provide us with a loop hole..."
Sinestro turned away from the witch and approached the Sumo.
"Wanda is right about you, Edmond. You're meant for more than breaking barrels. All it takes is one look at you to see that your are destined to be a great fighter..." Thaal flattered. "The electric feeling that comes with a well-earned victory, the motivating sting of defeat... yes, the life of a carnival freak no doubt lacks these things..." A dash of negging couldn't hurt his cause. "What would you say if I were to offer you a change in career? A chance to fulfill your hidden, primal desires to become a true champion? You could show the world that you are the pinnacle of Sumo strength!"
A beat.
"What would you say if I were to offer you a sample of such a life? What if I were to present you with an opponent worthy of your unleashed potential? One who could offer you a chance to push yourself beyond the limits of your power as you know it now? You and my champion... together could put on a show spectacular enough to catch the eye of your bosses and shill your audience a whole new world of fun... You could have everything you've ever dreamed of... if you're courageous enough to claim it..."

@Jeremi @Yun Lee @Takumi @Ver @Atomic Knight
"......." Honda listened to what Sinestro had to offer, dubious at first until the suggestion of a new kind of circus show put a grin on his face. "You hear that, everybody? We're getting a special act tonight!! If it keeps the folks entertained, I'll give that champion of yours a go. Who knows? Maybe we'll be able to charge extra for sparring matches if it's a hit!"

@Atomic Knight @Sark @Jeremi @Ver @Takumi @Crunch

---

Jianyu sighed. Of course... "Yeah, yeah, let's see if I can get those little fuckers to leave us alone." She'd attempt to use Psycho Power to keep the tigers docile and unwilling to attack through emotional manipulation. It was a trick she fucking hated, but this circus had pissed her off so much that she really couldn't care less if it meant she got the fuck out.

@Atomic Knight

Watching the exchange between the three, Azura kept in mind that Edmond seemed to recognize Wanda just a little.

"Let's hope this works." She muttered to herself, and to those nearby. There was a chance it could. If not she'd attempt to try and help the process along with her pendant. While he didn't necessarily appear to be possessed, she hoped that if all else fails they could push him in the right direction and out of the Dark Places' influence.

@Atomic Knight @Yun Lee @Jeremi @Ver @Sark @Crunch @Circus

Nathan sighed heavily, looking up at both Bridgette and Elliot respectively. He stretched his back slightly, trying to lessen the tension in his body.

"He uh- he drugged women to take his photography," he muttered before continuing.

"The pigs thought maybe he might have started working here to use students as subject matter..." He said somberly, remembering how cunning the professor was- Nathan even liked him and talked to him frequently before he got caught. He soon turned his attention to Emily.

"Stay away from him, he seems interested in you," he said sternly to the girl, his anxiety rising again.

@Atomic Knight @Jeremi @York @Blackwell

Azura shifted, as if she was going to stand in front of Touma as the barrel was thrown their way, but blinked in surprise as Edmond outsped it and took care of it before she could do anything else.

Watching the exchange between the three, Azura kept in mind that Edmond seemed to recognize Wanda just a little.

"Let's hope this works." She muttered to herself, and to those nearby. There was a chance it could. If not she'd attempt to try and help the process along with her pendant. While he didn't necessarily appear to be possessed, she hoped that if all else fails they could push him in the right direction and out of the Dark Places' influence.
View attachment 7674
"Ahh.... excellent..." Sinestro sneered. The game was at foot at last. It was time to put on a show that the sumo would never forget. Thaal threw his arms wide and played the role of the extravagant showman. He turned to face the crowd. "Yes! Gather, one and all! Tonight, I present to you a champion like no other!"

Thaal's ring began to spark and flicker. Sinestro was a slave to his excitement. Yes... a chance to make a scene. A chance to stretch some lax muscles. Golden tendrils stretched out from the palm of his knuckles.

"Inside his humble form, he hides the strength of ten-dozen men! You'd be fools to underestimate him! Fools indeed! He is descriptively fast and infuriatingly clever. Some of you might endeavor to call him...
View attachment 7675
"Super."

His ring started to glow twice as bright. The tendrils began to twist and weave between each other. They formed legs, arms, a face... and a cape. The hard light construct tossed the edge of its cape from its shoulders. It cracked its neck and knuckles in turn before throwing its arms in the air. It flexed its muscles like a strong man. It waved its arms to hype up the audience as much as it could.

"From the darkest nightmares of Clark Kent... from the twisted daydreams of Jianyu of Shadaloo... and from my own corps... I present to you..."
View attachment 7678
"The CYBORG SUPERMAN!"

Thaal drew upon the fear of his companions and the violent fantasies of his audience. He embed his construct with their strength. 'Superman' marched towards Honda, beating his chest all the while.

"Now, I want a nice clean fight between you two. No blows below to belt et cetera, et cetera..." Thaal narrated halfheartedly as he drew a glowing, golden ring around the fighters. "Mr.Honda, your 'safe-word' shall be 'I remember who I am', in the place of 'Uncle'. Say those words an our little dance shall come to an end..."

'Superman' continued to beast his chest and cheer. He would continue to do so until his cries were drowned out by cheers.

"Easy now, Mr.Henshaw..." Sinestro chuckled. "We're playing on Mr.Honda's 'home turf'. It's only fitting that he should be allowed to make the first move. It's only polite..."

@Atomic Knight @Yun Lee @Jeremi @Ver @Takumi @Crunch

Elliot let out a frustrated noise. How disgusting. "Maybe we should follow him?" he suggested. "I mean, see if we can catch him doing something suspicious." At this point, Elliot had no other idea how to proceed.

Except, a thought occurred to him. "... I wonder how Gentaro is doing..."

The boy took a menacing step toward Gentaro. "I have complete control here. If I want you to tell me something, it would not be hard to make you."

@Capri

The tigers seemed lulled for the moment. They lied down as if to lounge and paid the pair less attention than before. Jamie swallowed a lump in his throat and cautiously opened the door. "I dunno what you're doing, but it seems to be working..." He took a step into the cage but stopped. "If they suddenly attack, I need you in here to protect me."

@Yun Lee

GENTARO KISARAGI
@Atomic Knight

“Prove it!”
Gentaro said, “Prove to me you have control over this place!”

He wanted to see for himself whether or not the masked boy had control or not.​

View attachment 7674
"Ahh.... excellent..." Sinestro sneered. The game was at foot at last. It was time to put on a show that the sumo would never forget. Thaal threw his arms wide and played the role of the extravagant showman. He turned to face the crowd. "Yes! Gather, one and all! Tonight, I present to you a champion like no other!"

Thaal's ring began to spark and flicker. Sinestro was a slave to his excitement. Yes... a chance to make a scene. A chance to stretch some lax muscles. Golden tendrils stretched out from the palm of his knuckles.

"Inside his humble form, he hides the strength of ten-dozen men! You'd be fools to underestimate him! Fools indeed! He is descriptively fast and infuriatingly clever. Some of you might endeavor to call him...
View attachment 7675
"Super."

His ring started to glow twice as bright. The tendrils began to twist and weave between each other. They formed legs, arms, a face... and a cape. The hard light construct tossed the edge of its cape from its shoulders. It cracked its neck and knuckles in turn before throwing its arms in the air. It flexed its muscles like a strong man. It waved its arms to hype up the audience as much as it could.

"From the darkest nightmares of Clark Kent... from the twisted daydreams of Jianyu of Shadaloo... and from my own corps... I present to you..."
View attachment 7678
"The CYBORG SUPERMAN!"

Thaal drew upon the fear of his companions and the violent fantasies of his audience. He embed his construct with their strength. 'Superman' marched towards Honda, beating his chest all the while.

"Now, I want a nice clean fight between you two. No blows below to belt et cetera, et cetera..." Thaal narrated halfheartedly as he drew a glowing, golden ring around the fighters. "Mr.Honda, your 'safe-word' shall be 'I remember who I am', in the place of 'Uncle'. Say those words an our little dance shall come to an end..."

'Superman' continued to beast his chest and cheer. He would continue to do so until his cries were drowned out by cheers.

"Easy now, Mr.Henshaw..." Sinestro chuckled. "We're playing on Mr.Honda's 'home turf'. It's only fitting that he should be allowed to make the first move. It's only polite..."

As this was going on Biscuit was casually tossing the large orb of candy up and down and catching it rather effortlessly it seemed. "Can't say I expected us to go this route," She mused but didn't seem intended to stop it.

Wanda meanwhile had several protests and turned with a glare towards Sinestro. "You will not hurt him, Sinestro." Her hands were subconsciously starting to crackle with magical powers. "I know he's strong and a fighter, but you are far beyond him. I do not. We do not want to kill him." She turned back towards Honda. Concern filled her eyes. "Please Honda, remember who you are. Remember what you have gone through. Remember...remember the ramen stand you brought me to. What was it that you ordered fore me?" She hoped that she could break through to him. Wanda didn't want to see him hurt.

Nathan sighed heavily, looking up at both Bridgette and Elliot respectively. He stretched his back slightly, trying to lessen the tension in his body.

"He uh- he drugged women to take his photography," he muttered before continuing.

"The pigs thought maybe he might have started working here to use students as subject matter..." He said somberly, remembering how cunning the professor was- Nathan even liked him and talked to him frequently before he got caught. He soon turned his attention to Emily.

"Stay away from him, he seems interested in you," he said sternly to the girl, his anxiety rising again.

"He. Did. What?" Bridgette had thought him suspicious, but that he was outright scum. Her anger was rising and at this point, it might be hard to quell.

Elliot let out a frustrated noise. How disgusting. "Maybe we should follow him?" he suggested. "I mean, see if we can catch him doing something suspicious." At this point, Elliot had no other idea how to proceed.

Except, a thought occurred to him. "... I wonder how Gentaro is doing..."

The boy took a menacing step toward Gentaro. "I have complete control here. If I want you to tell me something, it would not be hard to make you."

@Capri

The tigers seemed lulled for the moment. They lied down as if to lounge and paid the pair less attention than before. Jamie swallowed a lump in his throat and cautiously opened the door. "I dunno what you're doing, but it seems to be working..." He took a step into the cage but stopped. "If they suddenly attack, I need you in here to protect me."

@Yun Lee

"If I get my hands on him he's going to do a couple of poses for me before I put a bullet between his ey-" Fuck. Bridgette looked around groaning in frustration. "Gentaro's gone. We need to put that kid on a leash. Did anyone see where he headed off to?"

Perhaps it was thanks to the nature of this twisted plane of existence, perhaps it was his own tether to this farce of a world, but Honda didn't seem all that frightened by the monstrosity before him. The sumo got into a traditional fighting stance, a merry grin on his face. "Gahaha! What a parlor trick! Okay, Mr. Henshaw, let's see what you--"

View attachment 7682

"...!!!"

It was as if time stood still. As if what Wanda had just said had reached Edmond through this world, connected to something he had kept to himself for the longest time. Something not even she knew. He was silent a moment, before speaking in a soft voice. "...nabe." The look on his face was that of a man who had seen his own doppelganger. "I...my favorite place. They didn't go out of business. That had been...troubling me..."

@Jeremi @Sark @Atomic Knight @Ver @Takumi @Crunch

---

Jianyu nodded, following him in. She doubted they would attack while she was doing this, but even so this dude was her ticket out of this joint. Anything to keep him at ease...

@Atomic Knight

Nathan grimaced at the thought of following that creep around all day, but he knew there was a reason they were there. His eyes widened slightly as Bridgette looked as if she could kill. He ignored the comments about Gentaro for the most part, before remembering where the younger one went.

"He went with Caulfied and her physco friend who slammed me into the lockers," he muttered flatly, fiddling with the hem of his jacket.

@Atomic Knight @Jeremi @York @School

"I think it's time," Wanda finally stated as her arms were surrounded by magical energy.

"For you to awake, Edmond Honda." She fired one of her hex bolts towards the scattered candy that caused it to form and clump together into a large ball as she made her way to the center stage. "I'm sorry Edmond, but you must realize that something is wrong in this place, don't you?"

@Atomic Knight @Jeremi @Ver @Takumi @Crunch @Sark

Teacher in photography? Man, they really were teaching kids anything nowadays weren't they? She decided that it probably wasn't best to antagonize the man that much, better to keep him docile until an opportunity presented itself. "I'd be delighted," Bridgette noticed Elliot and Nathan returning back. "Hey, Elliot! The friendly photography teacher promised to give us a tour of this place. Since you're supposed to go to school here, right?"

@Capri @Space_Candy @Jeremi @York @School

Mason Moretti
@Atomic Knight @Gummi Bunnies @Lucky @mintyy @York

With the food seemingly safe, Mason began piling a plate full of it. Eating calmed his nerves a bit. Sugar and sweetness was refreshing. He knew that this party itself still might not be safe, but compared to the constant danger they'd been in on this journey, this was a blessing. A moment's pause from the chaos.

He replied to the twins, "Well, you can't please everyone. Sure, you can appeal to their peculiarities one by one. And, perhaps for a smaller party, create a space just for them. Keep them happy, serve their tastes, and they'll never want to leave. However, parties have their limits. If you can't shake things up, it'll all go stale."

He paused his monologue to take a large bite of cake. He chewed slowly, savoring the flavor for the moment, then washed it down with a sip of tea. "I'm easy to appease. I'll eat most anything, enjoy most anything, and I can even help other guests enjoy the party. But it all gets dull at some point. Eventually even I can get antsy. And then I might make a mess of things." His fninger tapped nervously on the table. He shoveled another mouthful of cake into his mouth, and after another moment turned to Ruby.

"Ruby... Do you remember where we've met? I know it provably feels like ages. We didn't meet for that long. I try not to forget faces though. Perhaps you remember? It certainly wasn't in a place like this."
❝ Yeah, nothing is going to change if we keep this party going as it is. Sure... the notion of it is good-willed at best, but it's going to lose it's charm the longer this goes on for than needed... and besides, this is no time to be relaxing and being stagnant at all. Plus... ❞ Blake sighed as it was clear that it was time to try and snap these partygoers out of it while the chance presented itself. ❝ ... it would do a great deal if you took a moment to listen to everything being said now... for their sake and yours... ❞

@Lucky @Atomic Knight @mintyy @Alex Azure @Tea
Elliot's face turned bright red for a moment before he let out a noise halfway between a laugh and vexed frustration. "No!" he exclaimed. "I don't even really know what you mean about this Mr. Jefferson guy..."

Elliot trailed off upon realizing that the man in question and the others were suddenly a lot closer to the bathroom. Elliot watched as the professor furrowed his brows and gave Elliot a pointed look, but the young man was confident Jefferson hadn't heard his full sentence.

"I was just beginning to show your friends and family a tour of the school," Jefferson began, but was stopped when someone came up to the group and slammed Nathan against a couple of the lockers nearby.

2CBrBdB.png

"What do you think you're doing back here? Didn't get enough shit from Warren, huh?!"

A tall girl with blue hair, a beanie, and markings on her arm that Elliot found fascinating was yelling in Nathan's face. It happened so suddenly that no one really seemed to have a moment to react. Jefferson was the first to react.

"Young lady, who do you think you are?"

The girl pushed away from Nathan to give Jefferson a confused look. "Uhh--"

"Oh, Max's friend Chloe, right." Jefferson looked annoyed as he rubbed at the side of his neck in thought. "As you don't go to Blackwell, I can not formally reprimand you, but I suggest you take your rage for Mr. Prescott and focus it elsewhere."

Meanwhile, the girl with Gentaro stepped forward to help him put some of his weight on to her. She let out a small grunt from the exertion and tried to smile at the boy. "My name's Max," she said. "Maybe I'll help you to the front and then I can call you a taxi?"

They didn't get far before seeing the awkward scene with Jefferson, Chloe, and the others. "Chloe? What's going on?"

Chloe scoffed. "Ran into the resident Blackwell creep, obviously." She shrugged a shoulder in Nathan's direction, which made Elliot annoyed.

"That's incredibly rude," Elliot burst out, causing Chloe to turn on him angrily.

"Uhh, okay? Gonna do something about it? Who the hell are you, anyway?"

"Chloe!" Max's tone was frustrated. "We don't have time for this, we have to..." She shook her head. "Mr. Jefferson, this guy is pretty hurt. I was just in the middle of escorting him outside. Could you call a taxi for the hospital?"

Jefferson looked between Max and Chloe. "I will. Please escort your friend out of here as well, Miss Caulfield. Come, everyone. Even you, Nathan."

The two twins shared a long glance in response to Mason's words and Lucifer's offer. They seemed to be considering something a moment before suddenly standing up in their seats.

"I believe it is past time for us to leave," the man said.

The woman nodded. "Quite. Hopefully this lot will figure this out as well."

In the blink of an eye, the pair were gone. Usami gave no reaction to their disappearance.

Jennifer nodded quickly. "Yes, Ruby, we have! We went through so much together, so you, I, and your friends--"

Usami raised her arms in the air. "N-No! What are you doing?! This party is for rest and relaxation! It's for all of us trap--" She stopped herself for a moment. "For all of us!"

Billy gave Usami a frustrated look, but after a moment he seemed to come to an understanding. "I know a little bit about what happened before, Usami," he said. "About how you just wanted people to enjoy themselves instead of..." He looked around at the dark forest beyond the clearing. "I'm sorry, you must honestly believe this is for the best. Thing have changed, though. This is an emergency."

Billy then looked Ruby in the eye. "Listen to what your friends are saying. None of us are going to be able to leave until people start seeing the truth."

@Lucky @Gummi Bunnies @mintyy @Alex Azure @Tea

Jamie nodded, leading Jianyu quickly through a series of interconnected tents until they get to a big one with pictures of tigers on the fronts. He lingered at the entrance for a moment, looking into see if anyone was inside. "It's clear."

They stepped inside, moving to past risers and a stage. The passed by a curtained wall to come to a row of caged tigers. Some were for individual, more exotic breeds, but one held a pair, one male and one female, at least according to an information board next to the cage.

Upon examining the cage, Jamie swore. "The key's in there. I don't even know how..."

In the middle of the cage was an ornate key on the ground. It was not a very large cage and the majority of the space was taken up by the two tigers. They had been asleep when they arrived, but were now awake and watching Jamie and Jianyu.

"They specifically don't like me very much," he said.

@Yun Lee
❝ Yeah, nothing is going to change if we keep this party going as it is. Sure... the notion of it is good-willed at best, but it's going to lose it's charm the longer this goes on for than needed... and besides, this is no time to be relaxing and being stagnant at all. Plus... ❞ Blake sighed as it was clear that it was time to try and snap these partygoers out of it while the chance presented itself. ❝ ... it would do a great deal if you took a moment to listen to everything being said now... for their sake and yours... ❞

@Lucky @Atomic Knight @mintyy @Alex Azure
@Tea
Lucifer Morningstar

" You know that's incredibly vague,"
he replied back to the twins and take the smallest thing and taking a bite of it before downing the much stronger beer he had "borrowed" from their missing comerade. " You should try this stuff, it really has a quick."

@Atomic Knight @Gummi Bunnies @Alex Azure @mintyy @York
GENTARO KISARAGI
@Atomic Knight @Space_Candy @Jeremi @York
@School

“Gentaro... nice to meetcha, Max,” is what Gentaro said to the girl before he came across Elliot and the rest.

“Thanks...” Gentaro said to both Max and Jefferson for the taxi. He’s not speaking up about Chloe and Nathan, because he’s sure that it’s gonna start unnecessary conflict, but he wished that they would stop fighting.
As they got to the road at the front of the courtyard, Max and Chloe helped Gentaro on to a bench. "It might be good for us to go to the party later..." Max said, though she didn't sound entirely into the idea.

Chloe let out a small chuckle. "What, so you can see Mr. Hot Teacher?"

Max let out harsh sigh. "No, Chloe! We don't know what we'll find when we..." She gave Gentaro a pointed look. "... we might need to ask around."

The pair's conversation drifted off after that. They helped Gentaro into the taxi before going their own way.

As the taxi moved throughout the town, Gentaro would feel himself grow heavy and drift quickly into sleep.

@Capri

Jefferson's tour was, frankly, boring. The man seemed concerned about the time most of the time and kept his overview rather short, though made a point to suggest to Emily she consider the photography track. While the information about Blackwell was probably useful to someone, Elliot felt it had no bearing on their weird situation within this world.

When Jefferson was finally gone, Elliot gave Nathan a pitying look. "You look miserable."

"I think we're all miserable, having to listen to that guy drone on." Bridgette groaned and cracked her neck. "If I hadn't known better I'd said that was our very own personal hell in this place." She was trying to lighten the mood a bit, but Elliot was right, Nathan did look miserable. "Do you want to talk about it? Seems like you and that Jefferson guy has some history."

Nathan had his arms folded the entire time he walked around the familiar space, attempting to drown Jefferson's speaking out as they moved.

When the professor suggested Emily went into photography he could barely hold in a gag, knowing how sinister that statement was. He moved in front of her slightly, attempting to distance her from him. After what felt like an eternity, Jefferson finished up the tour and left them. Nathan let out a breath he didn't realize he was holding, closing his eyes in an attempt to relax for a moment. Elliot spoke to him, and without opening his eyes he responded.

"I am miserable," he sighed, feeling tired. He took a moment to debate if he wanted to inform Bridgette and the others about the teacher.

"In my timeline, he's in jail- let's just say that," he said with an angry undertone. He decided to sit on the floor, putting his hands on his head; playing with his hair absentmindedly.

Elliot crossed his arms and thought about what Nathan said.

"So he's a bad man...?" he asked cautiously. "Billy said this world was very sinister, though he didn't seem sure how we could actually leave. Seems it's latched on to Nathan a bit, don't you think?" He glanced at the others, reading their expressions. "Maybe we should match what Nathan remembers and put that man in jail?"

"Not much," the boy said. "Just your thoughts."

He suddenly appeared behind Gentaro, just behind his right ear. "Your group's led by the Demiurge, isn't it? Only fitting we'd trap you here, in the reality he's been fighting since his existence. Did you know, I have a particular fondness for this place..."

@Capri
"He has a look about him," Bridgette admitted. "Like he's hiding something dark." Maybe that was the reason they were here or at least one part in breaking the cycle. "What more can you tell us about him, Nathan? How much dirt do you have?"

As this was going on Biscuit was casually tossing the large orb of candy up and down and catching it rather effortlessly it seemed. "Can't say I expected us to go this route," She mused but didn't seem intended to stop it.

Wanda meanwhile had several protests and turned with a glare towards Sinestro. "You will not hurt him, Sinestro." Her hands were subconsciously starting to crackle with magical powers. "I know he's strong and a fighter, but you are far beyond him. I do not. We do not want to kill him." She turned back towards Honda. Concern filled her eyes. "Please Honda, remember who you are. Remember what you have gone through. Remember...remember the ramen stand you brought me to. What was it that you ordered fore me?" She hoped that she could break through to him. Wanda didn't want to see him hurt.

"He. Did. What?" Bridgette had thought him suspicious, but that he was outright scum. Her anger was rising and at this point, it might be hard to quell.

"If I get my hands on him he's going to do a couple of poses for me before I put a bullet between his ey-" Fuck. Bridgette looked around groaning in frustration. "Gentaro's gone. We need to put that kid on a leash. Did anyone see where he headed off to?"

Nathan grimaced at the thought of following that creep around all day, but he knew there was a reason they were there. His eyes widened slightly as Bridgette looked as if she could kill. He ignored the comments about Gentaro for the most part, before remembering where the younger one went.

"He went with Caulfied and her physco friend who slammed me into the lockers," he muttered flatly, fiddling with the hem of his jacket.

Emily Hayes
@Space_Candy @Jeremi @Atomic Knight @School

Emily was quietly nodding throughout most of the tour. While the suggestion to take up photography seemed fairly innocent in of itself, she couldn't help but feel a little creeped out.

And it wasn't long before she discovered why.

Once Jefferson was gone, Nathan was able to explain in full what he remembered about the man, which chilled her to the core. Heeding his warning, she nodded, a frown settling on her face.

1Pqc5b2.png

"If he tries anything like that, I'll be sure he regrets it." She said, a bit of a scowl on her face.

Her stone was well hidden, but one could faintly see it glowing, even underneath her cloak. It was when the subject of Gentaro was brought up that Emily instantly snapped her head towards the direction he had gone.

EGgOTyg.png

"Let's find him! We have no idea what kind of things he's run into by now!" She exclaimed.

It was in that moment that she remembered just what kind of place they were in. Though they appeared to be in a normal looking highschool, this place was anything but normal. It was a place of darkness, where she had a feeling something nasty would manifest, if it didn't already.

Ruby Rose
@Atomic Knight @Gummi Bunnies @Lucky @mintyy @Alex Azure

Mason, Jennifer, Billy and some less familiar faces in the crowd. Their words invoking a strange series of expressions on her face. But amongst them was something that could be considered even strange for those who knew her; pain. There was a clear wince of pain, as something seemed to come back to her.

"Jennifer... Mason... Billy... I-... I don't know. I felt so happy here, but, it's... I-..." She trailed off, unable to complete her thought.

Looking to Usami apologetically, hoping for some kind of resolution to all of this, she glanced between the others who had spoken to her, hesitating, as if her words were catching in her throat.

c1GCrcF.png

"Usami... Can I ask you a question?" She paused, initially seeming like she was waiting for a response.

But then, she continued regardless of if she got one, apparently unable to shake whatever feelings she was experiencing.

"Why does it hurt so much... To be happy?" She asked.

Her eyes glistened as she turned back to Jennifer, looking between, her, Mason, and Billy again.​

Perhaps it was thanks to the nature of this twisted plane of existence, perhaps it was his own tether to this farce of a world, but Honda didn't seem all that frightened by the monstrosity before him. The sumo got into a traditional fighting stance, a merry grin on his face. "Gahaha! What a parlor trick! Okay, Mr. Henshaw, let's see what you--"

View attachment 7682

"...!!!"

It was as if time stood still. As if what Wanda had just said had reached Edmond through this world, connected to something he had kept to himself for the longest time. Something not even she knew. He was silent a moment, before speaking in a soft voice. "...nabe." The look on his face was that of a man who had seen his own doppelganger. "I...my favorite place. They didn't go out of business. That had been...troubling me..."

@Jeremi @Sark @Atomic Knight @Ver @Takumi @Crunch

---

Jianyu nodded, following him in. She doubted they would attack while she was doing this, but even so this dude was her ticket out of this joint. Anything to keep him at ease...

@Atomic Knight

Wanda cracked a genuine smile. Had she finally gotten through to Honda? "Yes! That's right." She walked up close and took his hands into her own. "What else do you remember, Edmond?"

Biscuit wasn't quite sure what was happening here but she wasn't going to stop what seemed to be working. Any other place it would've been quite cute even.

Emily Hayes
@Space_Candy @Jeremi @Atomic Knight @School

Emily was quietly nodding throughout most of the tour. While the suggestion to take up photography seemed fairly innocent in of itself, she couldn't help but feel a little creeped out.

And it wasn't long before she discovered why.

Once Jefferson was gone, Nathan was able to explain in full what he remembered about the man, which chilled her to the core. Heeding his warning, she nodded, a frown settling on her face.

1Pqc5b2.png

"If he tries anything like that, I'll be sure he regrets it." She said, a bit of a scowl on her face.

Her stone was well hidden, but one could faintly see it glowing, even underneath her cloak. It was when the subject of Gentaro was brought up that Emily instantly snapped her head towards the direction he had gone.

EGgOTyg.png

"Let's find him! We have no idea what kind of things he's run into by now!" She exclaimed.

It was in that moment that she remembered just what kind of place they were in. Though they appeared to be in a normal looking highschool, this place was anything but normal. It was a place of darkness, where she had a feeling something nasty would manifest, if it didn't already.

Ruby Rose
@Atomic Knight @Gummi Bunnies @Lucky @mintyy @Alex Azure

Mason, Jennifer, Billy and some less familiar faces in the crowd. Their words invoking a strange series of expressions on her face. But amongst them was something that could be considered even strange for those who knew her; pain. There was a clear wince of pain, as something seemed to come back to her.

"Jennifer... Mason... Billy... I-... I don't know. I felt so happy here, but, it's... I-..." She trailed off, unable to complete her thought.

Looking to Usami apologetically, hoping for some kind of resolution to all of this, she glanced between the others who had spoken to her, hesitating, as if her words were catching in her throat.

c1GCrcF.png

"Usami... Can I ask you a question?" She paused, initially seeming like she was waiting for a response.

But then, she continued regardless of if she got one, apparently unable to shake whatever feelings she was experiencing.

"Why does it hurt so much... To be happy?" She asked.

Her eyes glistened as she turned back to Jennifer, looking between, her, Mason, and Billy again.​

"Jefferson will have to wait," Bridgette replied begrudgingly. "Come on, I think the girls headed this way." She started to head down where she remembered they headed off. Gentaro was going to get a few choice words from her when they found him. If they found him.

@Space_Candy @Jeremi @York @Atomic Knight @School

"Hrm..." Honda furrowed his brow, concentrating. "It's...it's fuzzy. Those words came in a...dream? I think? I was somewhere, and music was playing, and someone was dancing, and people were there, talking backwards...but...forwards, too? And there was...red. A lot of red..." He glanced around at the crowd, as if the Dark Place was trying to pull him back. "The show...I gotta get back to the show..."

@Jeremi @Sark @Atomic Knight @Takumi @Ver @Crunch

"Hrm..." Honda furrowed his brow, concentrating. "It's...it's fuzzy. Those words came in a...dream? I think? I was somewhere, and music was playing, and someone was dancing, and people were there, talking backwards...but...forwards, too? And there was...red. A lot of red..." He glanced around at the crowd, as if the Dark Place was trying to pull him back. "The show...I gotta get back to the show..."

"No, focus on me, Edmond. Focus on my voice," Wanda replied firmly to get Honda her grasp on his hands became tighter to get him to focus on her again. "Tell me more. Let it all flow out. I know you have more to tell me."

Reluctantly, he turned away from the audience, closing his eyes to think. "...There was a storm," he said finally. "And...a tornado? A lighthouse...light, and fireworks...so much red, where the heck is all that red...oh!" His eyes shot open. "Fire! I remember fire. Something about...walking on it? It was...it was a poem, but I can't...do you know it, maybe?"

@Jeremi

Reluctantly, he turned away from the audience, closing his eyes to think. "...There was a storm," he said finally. "And...a tornado? A lighthouse...light, and fireworks...so much red, where the heck is all that red...oh!" His eyes shot open. "Fire! I remember fire. Something about...walking on it? It was...it was a poem, but I can't...do you know it, maybe?"

@Jeremi

Wanda's eyes widened in surprise. "Yes," She replied. "I actually do."

Through the darkness of future past,

The magician longs to see,
One chants out between two worlds
Fire walk with me

"That's the one, isn't it?" She asked Honda as she finished. "Does it sound familiar?"

@Yun Lee

The boy tilted his head, staring at Gentaro.

"Okay."

Suddenly, a horrid wind picked up in the void. The boy only stood there as Wanda Maximoff appeared from the darkness. She had a red cloak on that was billowing around her and her eyes glowed a deep red. She seemed to grow in size with every step she took toward Gentaro.

"How dare you!?" she screamed, holding her hands above her. She seemed about to strike... until she suddenly disappeared and the wind stopped.

"Thing is, I don't think you know anything," the boy said. "Get out of my sight."

Gentaro felt himself falling and falling...

As Elliot and the others began to head out, Gentaro appeared before them in a heap on the ground. His leg seemed to be healed now. "Are... you okay?" Elliot asked.

Usami seemed to be really sweating now. The others at the table had grown silent and were watching Ruby and waiting.

"It... It shouldn't hurt..." squeaked Usami.

"Usami, I remember when the Demiurge told me... that Ruby and Honda should find you," Billy said, looking at the rabbit. "I knew you would keep them safe best you could. The situation's changed now."

Usami shook slightly. "The... The Dark Place," she stammered, looking unwilling to say anything. "It has changed. When I saw you arrive, I thought... it was all over..."

"Not yet," Billy said, shaking his head. "Reality outside of the Dark Place has been taken over and those responsible want us trapped here. I can't reach the Demiurge now, but Usami... this version of you was made using his power."

He then looked to Ruby. "Maybe we can turn this really bad situation... into something really great. We're here for you, Ruby... and all of you, at this table."

@Lucky @Gummi Bunnies @mintyy @Alex Azure @Tea

Jamie moved quickly, though watched Jianyu to make sure she didn't bail on him or something. When he grabbed the key, something seemed to fluctuate in the air and the closest tiger started to resist. It looked at Jamie hungrily and made a sudden leap for him.

@Yun Lee

GENTARO KISARAGI
@Atomic Knight @Jeremi @Space_Candy @York
@School

The boy tilted his head, staring at Gentaro.

"Okay."

Suddenly, a horrid wind picked up in the void. The boy only stood there as Wanda Maximoff appeared from the darkness. She had a red cloak on that was billowing around her and her eyes glowed a deep red. She seemed to grow in size with every step she took toward Gentaro.

"How dare you!?" she screamed, holding her hands above her. She seemed about to strike... until she suddenly disappeared and the wind stopped.

"Thing is, I don't think you know anything," the boy said. "Get out of my sight."

Gentaro felt himself falling and falling...

"Ghuh!" Gentaro grunted as soon as he fell. The force wasn't enough to re-injure his leg, but it was enough to knock the wind out of him.

As Elliot and the others began to head out, Gentaro appeared before them in a heap on the ground. His leg seemed to be healed now. "Are... you okay?" Elliot asked.

"Yeah... I'm not injured anymore..." Gentaro said, standing himself up.

He gave a re-affirming smile to let them know it was alright, accompanied by a thumbs-up.​

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back