Status
Not open for further replies.
Claire took a staggered step away from the boy. Tendrils of darkness were rising from the ground and curling around the group's feet. A few members of the group were even being pulled into the ground as if it was not solid at all. Usami was crying out, upset that she could not stop this horrific nightmare.

Claire could barely think at all.

Wanda's arms were bound behind her by darkness and she was already in the ground up to her knees. She struggled against the darkness. "Claire...!" she managed to yell. "If your friend can stop this boy--!" Darkness whipped around Wanda and covered her mouth so that she could not speak.

"Your friend isn't as lost as he thinks!" Billy yelled, continuing Wanda's exclamation. He was resisting as well, pushing against the ground as the darkness pulled at his feet. "In the dark place, memories become reality. Usami herself was made from memories. Your friend and all that she is... all her power, you can bring that forth!"

Claire's eyes had become glued to Billy. She knew little of this "dark place" and what could happen here. What Billy was saying was complete nonsense to her.

flZ8RS0.png

"I don't know what you mean!" Claire exclaimed. She felt darkness start to worm itself around her waist. "Aqua is the strong one... Her heart, her will, her power, it's nothing I can compare to! Someone like me... could never bring forth her strength!"

"That's where you're wrong!"

Touma's words toward Claire suddenly cut through the air like a hot knife through butter, followed by the high-pitched shrieking sound that came every time the power of his Imagine Breaker came to use. As the dark tendrils had attempted to ensnare him and pull him into the ground like with everyone else, the boy was able to repeal the dark efforts to trap him, though only for the moment.

1595996863286.png

"People's hearts don't exist in a vacuum! From the moment they're born into the world, they're impacted and nurtured by the bonds they make with others!"

He didn't entirely understand how the whole of this Dark Place worked, but that was nothing new to him. Even after all his experiences with magic in his own world, even that was something that eluded his full understanding, yet it never stopped him from doing what he felt was necessary. His mind didn't understand the puzzle that only his heart was able to piece together; it was clear that the same principle applied here, and Claire could use the pep talk.

Clenching his fist tightly, attempting to wade through the dark magic attempting to envelop him and everyone else, Touma continued reaching out to Claire with his words.

1595996852727.png

"I don't know anything about this Aqua person or what she means to you, but... I've met enough people, seen the things they've seen and the bonds they made, to know that strength and willpower doesn't come from itself! You're stronger than you realize, Claire! And Aqua must have thought the same, I'll bet! That it was you who made her strong!" He exclaimed, yelling passionately as he oft did when the moment counted.

"No matter where Aqua is, in the whole wide multiverse, there's always a part of her that's always with you! A part that stays with you and only you! And the same goes for her carrying a piece of you wherever she goes too, don't you think?!" Touma went on. He may not have known much, but it was clear that Claire had a connection to this Aqua that transcended dimensions. Whole worlds could not separate what they had together. Just like Elliot and Nathan. Just like Honda and Wanda.

Surely, this was exactly the kind of power that could overcome the influence of the Dark Place.

"All you have to do is believe, not just in Aqua, but yourself too! Believe in her, not because you trust her, but because she trusts you! If this Dark Place can really make memories into reality, all we need to do is give it a taste of its own medicine! Let this bastard here know what's what and show him the power of Aqua's memory!"

Frantically, yet burning with resolve, Touma was hit with a realization that then prompted him to turn toward Bridgette and Nathan next. "Same goes for you two! You guys were the closest to Elliot, right?! If the darkness is just gonna decide to take him away from you on a whim, to reduce him into a memory, then let's use its own rules against itself and turn that memory of Elliot back into reality! We can still bring him back! We just have to decide it so! It's not enough to wish Elliot would come back! We're going to decide that Elliot will come back!"

People are the gods of their own lives, after all. The bizarre and the supernatural had always tried its hardest to encroach upon the normal world, but Touma had always been told that his greatest strength lied within countering this. Demonstrating the power of the normal, everyday world in which everyone was free to love, hate, live, and fight.

Finally, he turned to Vanitas again, clenching his fist with fiery determination.

"You might think you have the upper hand, bastard, but you have one thing confused! We're not trapped in here with you! You're trapped in here with us!"

@York @Lucky @mintyy @Alex Azure @Space_Candy @Jeremi @Jeremi @Yun Lee @Ver @Crunch @Sark @Gummi Bunnies @Capri

Bridgette's eyes widened at Touma's speech. Could they really bring Elliot back? Nathan felt someone clutching his hand as Bridgette got back up to her feet. "You're right. I fought through a city once to rescue him...but I lost him. I still blame myself for what happened to him." Her eyes were filled with determination. "He deserves a normal life and everything that involves!" She looked at Nathan with a smile on her face. "He deserves someone to love him."

@York @Lucky @mintyy @Alex Azure @Space_Candy @Jeremi @Jeremi @Yun Lee @Ver @Crunch @Sark @Gummi Bunnies @Capri

With each blow, Nathan became more upset- the figure unreactive to his assault. He stopped, shocked as the figure was crushed by Wanda, before frowning again as he heard the disembodied laugh. He wiped his eyes and walked to collect his gun off the floor that was meters away, attempting to calm down. He walked back to the scene pointing his gun as the masked man, ready to shoot at any moment as he talked. He narrowed his eyes as the masked fiend spoke to Claire, degrading her.

He gave Claire a kind look as she replied, mentioning someone who seemed to be close to her- that she lost. Nathan glared and shot the enemy, tired of his rambling and insults; his bullets bouncing off him- to his dismay.

"Fuck this," he muttered, clutching his shoulder again due it's surge of pain, walking away from him.

He moved closer to Brigette, staying by her side, listening as Touma cut in, the teen spoke so passionately- and Nathan gave a sad smile as he brought up Elliot. He felt tears prick his eyes again at the idea that they could bring the others back- bring Elliot back. He felt as Bridgette took his hand, her touch comforting. He couldn't help but feel in awe as Bridgette started speaking, so confident and sure- before his face flushed bright red at her last words. He gave her a hand a squeeze, looking her in the eyes.

"We'll bring them all back."

@Atomic Knight @Jeremi @Everyone

There is a thickening darkness... It crawls up the walls, slithers around ankles, and grows heavy in the corners. Why did this feel... so familiar? Blake stood there, truly petrified to the core for reasons he couldn't pinpoint why. His throat was going dry from the thought of it, only able to watch this happen.

So this was what it all leads up to...

Then, the ravenette snapped out of this dreadful trance once he heard Touma stir up a strong charisma out of sheer determination. They still had a choice here, even if it may seem meaningless.

Whether it was simply coincidence or fate that made things the way they were, it did not mean that it was out of their grasp in this moment. Even if it were to come straight from nothing. From zero.

A delicate yet yearning pull tugged at his heart. Much like a flickering spark of flame coming from ashes. The sensation was enough for Blake to get a hold of himself before he waded too far into the clutches of despair. He steeled his resolve, not letting himself give in to the twisted darkness that beckoned him to surrender. There was still so much to do, because like everyone else, he remembered that he too had people that were counting on him.

kijcadz.jpg

❝ Right! There's gotta be a reason why you're still here! Why we're still here! No matter how overwhelming that smug kid with the mask says that we're powerless here, because that's not true! ❞ Blake raised his voice, clenching his hand over his chest as he stood his ground. As long as they lived, those that were in their memories will also live on. As long as Claire remembered Aqua, as long as Bridgette and Nathan remembered Elliot, as long as someone remembered another, it was possible. Something about that way of thinking... it kicked a single unused gear in his head, like he was acting out of pure instinct.

❝ Probably talking out of my own ass right now, considering that I'm only here possibly from sheer coincidence, but that's not important right now. What is important right now is that we're going to do the exact opposite of what you want, and we're going to make use of our intertwined memories somehow! And we're going to get through this with all we've got! ❞ Much like saying his mind without realizing it, Blake found himself crying out with all his heart, fueled by a sudden ignition of a single memory.

❝ That's the kind of hopeful miracle we're banking on, right?! A miracle that comes from our existence alone! ❞

@York @Lucky @mintyy @Alex Azure @Space_Candy @Jeremi @Atomic Knight @Yun Lee @Ver @Crunch @Sark @Capri

GENTARO KISARAGI
@York @Lucky @mintyy @Alex Azure @Space_Candy @Jeremi @Atomic Knight @Yun Lee @Ver @Crunch @Sark

Gentaro stood amongst his comrades, pointing a finger at Vanitas.

"The strength of our bonds are enough to break through your despair! Friendship! That's what makes humanity worth fighting for! That's what makes existence worth fighting for! We all have people who we love, and we aren't stopping until we save every last one of them! Love is what makes us... us!"

He wiped the side of his helmet like he was slicking back hair.

"And that's why you're going down!"

Perhaps they were right, Claire thought. Perhaps she really did have this power. If Vanitas had really interrogated Gentaro and had invoked her name... he must have been somewhat worried about her. Not to mention the link she and Aqua shared.

Claire pushed against the darkness and stepped in between Honda and Ruby. She placed a hand on each of their shoulders. "You two as well... use your memories of Aqua, no matter how small they may be! We need her!"

Claire closed her eyes. She tried to push away everything around her. All the noise, the anguish, the panic... Claire thought of nothing but one woman. She thought of her blue hair and piercing blue eyes. She thought of her smile and how Claire seemed to bring it forth so unexpectedly. She thought of her voice and how just hearing it could brighten Claire's mood. The thought of her touch came next, her gentle hand on Claire's arm, sometimes a sign of affection, other times just a small gesture to encourage Claire to move forward.

Claire's darkness was overwhelming. It had consumed her again and again. Somehow, some way, a kind woman from another world had brought her out of that darkness completely. A woman she honestly loved, something Claire had never expected.

Aqua had saved her once... now Aqua would save her once again.

The air shimmered, causing Vanitas to lower his arms. "What?" he said, sounding honestly surprised. "This feeling..."

The shimmering turned into a bright light that coalesced into a single point. That light began to take the form of a being. The light shifted, becoming a woman Claire knew all too well.

GUo0sum.png

Aqua looked to Claire, a small smile appearing on her face. At the sight of her, Claire let out an exhale of breath she didn't know she had been holding. It occurred to her that she was crying

"I... didn't realize how much I missed you," Claire said.

Aqua didn't respond audibly. She simply nodded before turning to Vanitas, who was already on guard.

"This isn't her," he said. "She has no power over me."

"You're wrong, Vanitas," Billy said. "In this realm, our will is real power."

"I get it now," Claire said, her eyes on Vanitas. "Ever since that day we fought you... ever since Aqua made that sacrifice... you and her have shared a sort of connection, haven't you? To think you've come so far, working to ruin so many lives... I only wish Aqua was really here to truly do you in!"

"This isn't over!" Vanitas yelled, charging at the form of Aqua. The woman calmly summoned her own weapon and moved to parry his attack. The clashing of the two weapons caused a bright white light to appear that sent out a physical shockwave. The shockwave washed over the whole group, clearing the dark tendrils from them.

Vanitas cried out as the light consumed him. Soon, his screams were only a distant memory.

Claire ran over to Aqua and took her hands. The blue-haired woman smiled at Claire, but seemed incapable of speaking.

A distant voice called out, one that only Bridgette and Nathan could hear. "Nathan?" it whispered.

None the wiser to the voice, Neon groaned and got to her feet. "He's gone now, right? We should totally hurry and get out of here now!"

The damage Vanitas had done still lingered. The gymnasium, if it even still was a gymnasium, began to shake once again. Darkness had overtaken all areas of the interior, leaving the group standing in a small patch of visible light.

Billy nodded and moved to take Usami's hand. "Usami... I don't really know how this should work... but it has to. It has to. This is our only chance."

The rabbit nodded. She closed her eyes and held Billy's hands. Billy whispered a chant under his breath. Soon, a glow surrounded the two of them... but nothing seemed to be happening. Billy groaned, as if he was feeling strained.

FN5hJwC.png

"I-I... don't think it's working!" Usami declared. "Usami isn't strong enough!"

Billy was gritting his teeth. "It... I feel like it's working. Almost, It's so close. But... with reality asleep, there's no place for me to focus on. There's nothing to grab on to!"

zdaUNUd.png

"I think I have an idea," Jennifer said quietly. She walked over to the pair and joined their circle, taking their hands. "If I recall... my body still remains in the light. I'm in a coma. You should be able to... use my body as an anchor point. A conduit for escape!"

Billy nodded. It was the only idea they had.

He continued the quiet chant. This time, the glow grew even brighter. Still, the strain seemed to be too much. All three were quickly short of breath. Jennifer began to whimper softly. Wanda ran over to support Billy, grabbing on to him, but even she felt a sudden exhaustion.

"This realm does not desire our escape," Wanda said in a strained voice.

"You have to use... all of Usami's power," the rabbit said.

"I'm trying!" Billy exclaimed.

Usami shook her head. "All of it. So much that I..."

Billy's eyes went wide and he squeezed Usami's paw. "No way! No! I would never..."

Rae8mcS.png

"Usami's purpose was to save you all!" the rabbit cried, looking suddenly a bit angry. "I've failed, over and over... but if I can help you all escape and stop the bad people... please, let me!"

Billy looked at Jennifer, who looked to be in incredible pain. He saw the darkness encroaching on the group, making the amount of visible light smaller and smaller. He knew it had to be this way.

"I'm... so sorry!" he yelled, and the glow around them exploded, enveloping everyone.

All that awaited after... was the void.

The group could feel their bodies rising. They could see everyone rising. In the middle was Billy, Usami, and Jennifer. The rabbit was glowing intensely, flecks of white breaking off from her and rising into the air.

Nearby, Aqua was also disappearing. Her body was turning back into light as she rose more quickly than the others. Claire held her hands, refusing to let go. Aqua rose higher and higher until Claire only had her by the fingertips.

t4VeSe0.png

"Aqua... once I get out there, I'm gonna save the world, okay? I'm gonna save you this time!"

Aqua nodded and smiled. She broke into hundreds of light specks once Claire could hold on no longer.

Jennifer was hugging Usami as the rabbit began to disappear like Aqua did. Tears streamed down Usami's plush face.

"Usami loves all of you!" she said, before disappearing completely.

All was white once again, until--

A hospital room. The group awoke to a hospital room in the dead of night. Ruby and Honda were among the group, though Neon, Shane, and Stan was nowhere to be seen.

TTfRhNi.png

"Where are the other three?" Billy said, wiping at his eyes.

"Not here... but I know they have escaped that dark realm," Wanda said. "I feel it. Not only them, but..."

She stepped aside, revealing not only Jianyu, but Elliot as well. The young man was bleary-eyed and confused. "What's going on...?" he asked.

As a few of the group converged around Elliot, Claire turned to the long occupant of the hospital room, Jennifer. Claire frowned at the machines hooked up to the girl, feeling unsure about the fact that seemed to be turned off. She placed a hand on Jennifer's and gasped.

"Jennifer... she has no pulse," Claire said.

Billy immediately ran to the bed. "I want to heal her," he said, his magic having returned to him now that they were out of the dark place. "I want to revive her."

Despite the attempt, Jennifer did not awake. The strain had killed her, much like it had Usami. Claire said a prayer under her breath, dismayed at yet even more needless loss of life.

Chapter Five
"Hope's Peak"

After Ruby and Honda were given a rundown of the situation and Elliot was informed of his narrow escape from death, Billy reconnected with the Demiurge's power to leave the hospital and travel to their next world.

After a brief teleportation that likely felt nothing compared to the shenanigans of the dark place, the group stood before a fresh sight.

WX1hDUI.jpg

A large, rather imposing building was before them.

"W-Whoa... Where are we now?" Touma blinked, giving a short whistle as he looked up at the building towering above.

No matter how much it happened, he'd never entirely get used to the sensation of jumping from world to world. He could say the same for the deaths that the others had to suffer just so they could get one step closer in getting to Revan and restoring the multiverse. It was sad, almost unbearably so, but all the boy could do was clench his fist and keep his head looking forward. To do otherwise would not only be hypocritical, but it would dishonor the memory of those who had given everyone here the opportunity to set things right.

Touma could feel it. They were nearing the endgame now. The question was, would they all be prepared when the time came?

"Everyone, before we continue..." Billy turned to face the group as a whole, his expression a mask of pain. "This mission has been more incredibly difficult than I had even imagined. I... I-I've just been... all I've wanted was to see my friends again. The people I care about. My... boyfriend." He let out a shaky breath. Wanda moved toward him but he shook his head to force her to stay. "But I think now we know more than ever that all of us here... we are not here by sheer coincidence. We were chosen to save our friends and families... our loved ones. We were chosen because together we do have the strength to overcome this."

w1B7Fw2.png

"Together, we will save the multiverse."

Character List
@Takumi as Azura [Fire Emblem]
@mintyy as Azure Kite [.hack]
@Jeremi as Biscuit Krueger [Hunter x Hunter]
@Gummi Bunnies as Blake Dormi [OC]
@Josh as Clark Kent [Smallville]
@Indigo Al as Doctor Langa [OC]
@York as Emily Hayes [Amulet]
@Capri as Gentaro Kisaragi [Kamen Rider]
@Crunch as Giorno Giovanna [JoJo's Bizarre Adventure]
@Yun Lee as Jianyu [Street Fighter]
@Lucky as Lucifer Morningstar [Lucifer]
@Alex Azure as Mason Moretti [OC]
@Kaykay as Mebuki Kusunoki [Kusunoki Mebuki is a Hero]
@Space_Candy as Nathan Prescott [Life is Strange]
@Sark as Thaal Sinestro [DC Comics]
@Ver as Touma Kamijou [A Certain Magical Index]​

GENTARO KISARAGI
@Atomic Knight @Ver @Yun Lee @Takumi @Jeremi @Lucky @York @Gummi Bunnies @mintyy @Space_Candy @Sark @Josh @Indigo Al @Crunch @Alex Azure @Kaykay

Gentaro’s gaze sharpened at the gates of the school. It was clearly a Japanese high school, something similar to what he’s used to.

But he was filled with spirit. Fighting spirit. He is ready to take down Revan and save his friends.

He was ready to save reality.

He looked towards Billy and spoke.

“Alright then! Let’s get this party started! Uchuuuu KITAAAAAAA!!!

Perhaps they were right, Claire thought. Perhaps she really did have this power. If Vanitas had really interrogated Gentaro and had invoked her name... he must have been somewhat worried about her. Not to mention the link she and Aqua shared.

Claire pushed against the darkness and stepped in between Honda and Ruby. She placed a hand on each of their shoulders. "You two as well... use your memories of Aqua, no matter how small they may be! We need her!"

Claire closed her eyes. She tried to push away everything around her. All the noise, the anguish, the panic... Claire thought of nothing but one woman. She thought of her blue hair and piercing blue eyes. She thought of her smile and how Claire seemed to bring it forth so unexpectedly. She thought of her voice and how just hearing it could brighten Claire's mood. The thought of her touch came next, her gentle hand on Claire's arm, sometimes a sign of affection, other times just a small gesture to encourage Claire to move forward.

Claire's darkness was overwhelming. It had consumed her again and again. Somehow, some way, a kind woman from another world had brought her out of that darkness completely. A woman she honestly loved, something Claire had never expected.

The air shimmered, causing Vanitas to lower his arms. "What?" he said, sounding honestly surprised. "This feeling..."

The shimmering turned into a bright light that coalesced into a single point. That light began to take the form of a being. The light shifted, becoming a woman Claire knew all too well.

GUo0sum.png

Aqua looked to Claire, a small smile appearing on her face. At the sight of her, Claire let out an exhale of breath she didn't know she had been holding. It occurred to her that she was crying

Aqua didn't respond audibly. She simply nodded before turning to Vanitas, who was already on guard.

"I get it now," Claire said, her eyes on Vanitas. "Ever since that day we fought you... ever since Aqua made that sacrifice... you and her have shared a sort of connection, haven't you? To think you've come so far, working to ruin so many lives... I only wish Aqua was really here to truly do you in!"

"This isn't over!" Vanitas yelled, charging at the form of Aqua. The woman calmly summoned her own weapon and moved to parry his attack. The clashing of the two weapons caused a bright white light to appear that sent out a physical shockwave. The shockwave washed over the whole group, clearing the dark tendrils from them.

Vanitas cried out as the light consumed him. Soon, his screams were only a distant memory.

Claire ran over to Aqua and took her hands. The blue-haired woman smiled at Claire, but seemed incapable of speaking.

A distant voice called out, one that only Bridgette and Nathan could hear. "Nathan?" it whispered.

None the wiser to the voice, Neon groaned and got to her feet. "He's gone now, right? We should totally hurry and get out of here now!"

The damage Vanitas had done still lingered. The gymnasium, if it even still was a gymnasium, began to shake once again. Darkness had overtaken all areas of the interior, leaving the group standing in a small patch of visible light.

Billy nodded and moved to take Usami's hand. "Usami... I don't really know how this should work... but it has to. It has to. This is our only chance."

The rabbit nodded. She closed her eyes and held Billy's hands. Billy whispered a chant under his breath. Soon, a glow surrounded the two of them... but nothing seemed to be happening. Billy groaned, as if he was feeling strained.

FN5hJwC.png

Billy was gritting his teeth. "It... I feel like it's working. Almost, It's so close. But... with reality asleep, there's no place for me to focus on. There's nothing to grab on to!"

zdaUNUd.png

"I think I have an idea," Jennifer said quietly. She walked over to the pair and joined their circle, taking their hands. "If I recall... my body still remains in the light. I'm in a coma. You should be able to... use my body as an anchor point. A conduit for escape!"

He continued the quiet chant. This time, the glow grew even brighter. Still, the strain seemed to be too much. All three were quickly short of breath. Jennifer began to whimper softly. Wanda ran over to support Billy, grabbing on to him, but even she felt a sudden exhaustion.

Billy's eyes went wide and he squeezed Usami's paw. "No way! No! I would never..."

Rae8mcS.png

"Usami's purpose was to save you all!" the rabbit cried, looking suddenly a bit angry. "I've failed, over and over... but if I can help you all escape and stop the bad people... please, let me!"

Billy looked at Jennifer, who looked to be in incredible pain. He saw the darkness encroaching on the group, making the amount of visible light smaller and smaller. He knew it had to be this way.

"I'm... so sorry!" he yelled, and the glow around them exploded, enveloping everyone.

The group could feel their bodies rising. They could see everyone rising. In the middle was Billy, Usami, and Jennifer. The rabbit was glowing intensely, flecks of white breaking off from her and rising into the air.

Nearby, Aqua was also disappearing. Her body was turning back into light as she rose more quickly than the others. Claire held her hands, refusing to let go. Aqua rose higher and higher until Claire only had her by the fingertips.

t4VeSe0.png

"Aqua... once I get out there, I'm gonna save the world, okay? I'm gonna save you this time!"

Aqua nodded and smiled. She broke into hundreds of light specks once Claire could hold on no longer.

Jennifer was hugging Usami as the rabbit began to disappear like Aqua did. Tears streamed down Usami's plush face.

A hospital room. The group awoke to a hospital room in the dead of night. Ruby and Honda were among the group, though Neon, Shane, and Stan was nowhere to be seen.

TTfRhNi.png

"Not here... but I know they have escaped that dark realm," Wanda said. "I feel it. Not only them, but..."

She stepped aside, revealing not only Jianyu, but Elliot as well. The young man was bleary-eyed and confused. "What's going on...?" he asked.

As a few of the group converged around Elliot, Claire turned to the long occupant of the hospital room, Jennifer. Claire frowned at the machines hooked up to the girl, feeling unsure about the fact that seemed to be turned off. She placed a hand on Jennifer's and gasped.

Billy immediately ran to the bed. "I want to heal her," he said, his magic having returned to him now that they were out of the dark place. "I want to revive her."

Despite the attempt, Jennifer did not awake. The strain had killed her, much like it had Usami. Claire said a prayer under her breath, dismayed at yet even more needless loss of life.

Chapter Five
"Hope's Peak"

After Ruby and Honda were given a rundown of the situation and Elliot was informed of his narrow escape from death, Billy reconnected with the Demiurge's power to leave the hospital and travel to their next world.

After a brief teleportation that likely felt nothing compared to the shenanigans of the dark place, the group stood before a fresh sight.

WX1hDUI.jpg

"W-Whoa... Where are we now?" Touma blinked, giving a short whistle as he looked up at the building towering above.

No matter how much it happened, he'd never entirely get used to the sensation of jumping from world to world. He could say the same for the deaths that the others had to suffer just so they could get one step closer in getting to Revan and restoring the multiverse. It was sad, almost unbearably so, but all the boy could do was clench his fist and keep his head looking forward. To do otherwise would not only be hypocritical, but it would dishonor the memory of those who had given everyone here the opportunity to set things right.

Touma could feel it. They were nearing the endgame now. The question was, would they all be prepared when the time came?

"Everyone, before we continue..." Billy turned to face the group as a whole, his expression a mask of pain. "This mission has been more incredibly difficult than I had even imagined. I... I-I've just been... all I've wanted was to see my friends again. The people I care about. My... boyfriend." He let out a shaky breath. Wanda moved toward him but he shook his head to force her to stay. "But I think now we know more than ever that all of us here... we are not here by sheer coincidence. We were chosen to save our friends and families... our loved ones. We were chosen because together we do have the strength to overcome this."

w1B7Fw2.png

Character List

When Elliot returned Bridgette didn't speak, only came in to give him a warm long hug. "That's the last time I'll let you out of my sight," She managed to sob out. With explanations and shed tears dealt with. It was time to get back to business.

"Nice speech," Biscuit replied to Billy. "But that's not what we need right now. We need action." She started to make her way towards the entrance of the building. "It's about time we got a bit more proactive instead of just fumbling around in the dark."

@Atomic Knight @Ver @Yun Lee @Takumi @Jeremi @Lucky @York @Gummi Bunnies @mintyy @Space_Candy @Sark @Josh @Indigo Al @Crunch @Alex Azure @Kaykay

Nathan silently watched as things continued, raking his still wet hair back to its usual style. He gave a soft smile as Claire spoke, no longer hard on herself- but encouraged. What transpired next made his heartache, as the woman Claire seemed so forlorn for appeared out of the darkness. He stood on guard as the masked man moved to attack the new face, to Nathan's surprise the woman had immense power- as she defended the strike it shook the entire gym.

He whipped his head around as he heard a voice call out him, one that was all too familiar.

What happened next was a blur, the yelling, the tears, the small plush rabbit Nathan had only noticed in the moment.

Then, darkness.

-----------------------------------

Nathan had to refocus his eyes as they arrived at what appeared to be a hospital room. He noticed the young girl from before lying in the hospital bed, now much paler. He gave her a sad look before something, no- someone caught his attention.

Elliot.

He could only give a shocked stare towards him, but hearing Claire yell out about Jennifer's death took him out of his daze. He felt for the girl, he barely knew her, but he felt like crying.

------------------------------------

The familiar feeling of changing locations washed over Nathan, still just as disorienting as the first time. Their new surrounding seemed to be a school of sorts, the lack of people around making the place more eery.

He watched as Bridgette quickly went to Elliot's side, hugging him before walking towards the school. It was safe to say- Nathan wasn't quite as composed. He slowly walked to Elliot, before wrapping his arms around him tightly- as if he needed to check if the man was really there.

"Don't ever fucking do that again," he said sternly, putting his face in the crook of Elliot's neck in an attempt to hide the tears pricking in his eyes, still holding him tightly. He took a deep breath, taking in the man- his scent, the folds of his clothes, the warmth of his body.

He was real.

@Atomic Knight @Jeremi @Yun Lee @York @Lucky @Crunch @Sark @Ver

GUo0sum.png

FN5hJwC.png

zdaUNUd.png

Rae8mcS.png

t4VeSe0.png

TTfRhNi.png

Chapter Five
"Hope's Peak"

WX1hDUI.jpg

w1B7Fw2.png

Character List

When Lucifer had asked what Vanitas desired, Azura couldn't help but frown deeply. The masked boy's response wasn't even as unsettling as it maybe should have been. Though given how so far any foe they've faced already tried to seriously injure, if not kill them, then it could only be expected that his answer would be something along the lines of wanting them dead.

f554685d993f78f6f3baf568373d81e6b1176f8c.jpg

Azura took a breath as they stood in front of what looked like a school, trying to calm her nerves. Her hands were shaking, just slightly. She couldn't help but think of that hospital room and the lone patient laying lifeless in it's bed for a moment. Jennifer was practically nothing more than a child that still had so much to live for. She was still young.

No one should give their life like that, should die so young. Too many have died trying to right what Revan had done. Billy was right, that they'd save the Multiverse.

If they didn't, who knew what Revan's vision of it was? If it was even worth all the senseless bloodshed and death.

d1ffdf660051d5bd3c88ee5a41210e9cc2904885.jpg

"As long as we watch each other's backs, we'll definitely save the Multiverse." She added, before moving to follow those who went to look inside the school. Despite their size, it wouldn't do to seperate too much no matter individuals powers combined or alone.

If they were really back on track, then they'd have to wake up whoever was in that building, and whatever goon Revan had waiting for them needed to go down along the way.

@Atomic Knight @Ver @Yun Lee @Jeremi @Sark @Josh @Space_Candy @Lucky @Capri @Everyone

Last edited:

GUo0sum.png

FN5hJwC.png

zdaUNUd.png

Rae8mcS.png

t4VeSe0.png

TTfRhNi.png

Chapter Five
"Hope's Peak"

WX1hDUI.jpg

w1B7Fw2.png

Character List
As things always did, the world returned to darkness.

A cold weight caressed his body. Like falling upon a mattress carved from ice. There, in that lightless place stowed in the space between worlds, words began to stir from the dark. Mumbling faces that sank back into the black just as quickly as they emerged. What they said could not be heard, but what he knew of them, he knew their words were not kind.

A voice rose to the surface. Louder than the rest. More clear.

You used to look up to someone like him, huh? Enough that you wanted to emulate him. But... well, in my experience, you're just letting yourself become a victim, someone who comes to bear the weight of a legacy of the pre-determined fate of blood.

But I... I made a promise. I'm following an order, you might even say... That come what may, everything is on me now.

...I was going to choose for myself what would happen. And like so, it would be my choice to get involved in what I please.

Everything is on me now.

And I would choose for myself what will happen.

A plume of light consumed the endless abyss, and the weight began to lift if only a little. It was only then that reality began to seep back through the cracks, and the path began to illuminate itself once more.

A hand fell upon Billy's shoulder. Though it may have come as a surprise, a familiar voice circled to meet him. Giorno Giovanna walked to the head of the group, his hands loose by his sides, his eyes locked to the pillar-like building staring back down at the group like mere ants.

View attachment 7934

"If there is anything I have learned in the path I've walked to be standing here alongside you, Billy... is that I hate repeating myself. And I should stop doing it. And you should too."

The don's voice was as blunt as a baseball bat to the skull, but just as quickly as he hit, he turned to the Warlock with a confident half-smirk, a glimmer of hope in his eyes. There was something about him that seemed renewed. Like the core of a star blazing to life, his presence could be felt as strong as it was at the beginning of their journey.

"If you need to say that something will happen... then you must feel as though you think it won't happen, which is why you feel the need to say it out loud. If something will happen - an inevitability or fact of life - then you don't even need to acknowledge it. Reality will simply occur."

"We don't need to say that we will succeed in our mission. I know what will occur. I know our purpose, and I know that it is just. Because if I am ever wrong... then we'll all be dead. Then, it won't even matter."

"Let our actions define us more than our words."

Even when speaking curtly, Giorno couldn't help but sound as if he was giving a speech. Silently cursing himself for breaking his own rule again, he looked between Touma and Billy and gestured to the gates of the building before them. To the path that lies ahead of them, in spite of everything they've been through thus far.

"Come on. We have no time to waste."

@Atomic Knight @Ver @Yun Lee @Jeremi @Sark @Josh @Space_Candy @Lucky @Capri @Everyone​

Billy crossed his arms and shot Biscuit a sour look, then gave Giorno a sidelong glance.

E7H7v3z.png

"Why do I feel like... I was just chewed out for giving an uplifting speech? You know, I bet Captain America never gets that kind of reaction..."

"If it helps, I don't even remember it really," Elliot said, sounding a bit muted. He grunted as he was bear-hugged by Bridgette and Nathan, definitely not feeling used to such physical contact. The group may had just told him he had died, but it didn't really feel real to Elliot. At least. no more real than the knowledge of dying from his other multiversal counterparts. He really wished he could have felt as happy as Nathan and Bridgette seemed to be, but at least he was thankful for their warmth.

Elliot put an arm around Nathan and held him tight. "I won't put you through that again, okay?"

Claire had followed Biscuit toward the entrance. "Is this some kind of office building" she asked, unsure what else it could be. She stopped and observed the entrance, wondering if it might be better to wait and see who came out first.

@Takumi @mintyy @Jeremi @Gummi Bunnies @Josh @Indigo Al @York @Capri @Crunch @Yun Lee @Lucky @Alex Azure @Kaykay @Space_Candy @Sark @Ver

Nathan took another deep breath, giving Elliot one last squeeze. He pulled out of the hug and put a hand on the other man's cheek- before looking into his piercing blue eyes.

"You better not, got it?" He said, his words harsh- but from obvious concern. He then started to move towards the entrance, looking behind him as he did so. He reached out to link his fingers in Elliot's, not looking the man in the face as he did so.

@Atomic Knight @Everyone

Billy crossed his arms and shot Biscuit a sour look, then gave Giorno a sidelong glance.

E7H7v3z.png

"Why do I feel like... I was just chewed out for giving an uplifting speech? You know, I bet Captain America never gets that kind of reaction..."

"If it helps, I don't even remember it really," Elliot said, sounding a bit muted. He grunted as he was bear-hugged by Bridgette and Nathan, definitely not feeling used to such physical contact. The group may had just told him he had died, but it didn't really feel real to Elliot. At least. no more real than the knowledge of dying from his other multiversal counterparts. He really wished he could have felt as happy as Nathan and Bridgette seemed to be, but at least he was thankful for their warmth.

Elliot put an arm around Nathan and held him tight. "I won't put you through that again, okay?"

Claire had followed Biscuit toward the entrance. "Is this some kind of office building" she asked, unsure what else it could be. She stopped and observed the entrance, wondering if it might be better to wait and see who came out first.

@Takumi @mintyy @Jeremi @Gummi Bunnies @Josh @Indigo Al @York @Capri @Crunch @Yun Lee @Lucky @Alex Azure @Kaykay @Space_Candy @Sark @Ver
Giorno smiled, a soft chuckle escaping him. Having actually met the Captain, he didn't remember her as much of a public speaker. "Captain America doesn't give that many speeches. At least, the Captain that I met never did."

Patting Billy on the shoulder, Giorno turned his focus back to the building in front of them, side-eyeing Gentaro once he identified it as a high school or academy of some description. A bit surprising, since this building looked more like a palace or office complex than anything else - it was massive.

Furrowing his brow, the Joestar brushed past Biscuit and Claire, moving to push the door open with his foot. Fully expecting an enemy to emerge the moment he did so, he slipped back with a generous step and began to bristle with golden energy. With what they've been through thus far, just about anything and anyone in this place that isn't in their group and isn't their 'target' is a potential enemy.

@Atomic Knight @Jeremi @Whoever​

❝ We made it this far, so might as well keep up the pace. ❞ Blake let out a large breath of air. So much has happened in what felt like very little time. As much as he wanted to recount his steps during that frantic moment, there wasn't any room for that right now. Their next destination stood before them, there was still more to go through to achieve their collective goal.

khStqFp.png

❝ If this is some school building, this has to be like... the top of the top kind of private institution. ❞ He nervously stared at the towering structure. It wasn't like he could tell if it was supposed to be a school or not, going from Gentaro's guess. Clearly they were supposed to go in there if they appeared right at it's gates, but it didn't mean to walk in there without any caution at all.

Activating his PWM cube, Blake sent out a small pod drone to approach the building's entrance, simply to test if anything would happen in response.

@Takumi @mintyy @Jeremi @Capri @Josh @Indigo Al @York @Atomic Knight @Crunch @Yun Lee @Lucky @Alex Azure @Kaykay @Space_Candy @Sark @Ver

"A school building, huh..." Claire said, thinking it was far better being here than the dark streets of Raccoon City.

It was then that a young girl stepped out of the school entrance. She stopped dead at the sight of everyone crowding around, going bug-eyed.

LZuoBvi.png

"Uh... Did I miss a big event going on or something?"

"Junko?" Claire said without thinking. She really shouldn't have been surprised to see this chick.

"How do you know my name?!" Junko exclaimed, looking a bit worried now.

Claire said the first thing that came to mind. "We're new here." She blinked and looked down at herself. "I'm a new professor. This is..." She gestured to Biscuit. "... a new student. We're all a big mix of new students and faculty."

It was not a great excuse, but it worked.

"... Oh. Well, that's great! Um, should I show you guys around or what?"

"A school building, huh..." Claire said, thinking it was far better being here than the dark streets of Raccoon City.

It was then that a young girl stepped out of the school entrance. She stopped dead at the sight of everyone crowding around, going bug-eyed.

LZuoBvi.png

"Uh... Did I miss a big event going on or something?"

"Junko?" Claire said without thinking. She really shouldn't have been surprised to see this chick.

"How do you know my name?!" Junko exclaimed, looking a bit worried now.

Claire said the first thing that came to mind. "We're new here." She blinked and looked down at herself. "I'm a new professor. This is..." She gestured to Biscuit. "... a new student. We're all a big mix of new students and faculty."

It was not a great excuse, but it worked.

"... Oh. Well, that's great! Um, should I show you guys around or what?"

That's the game they were playing? Well, Biscuit could deliver that. "That's right? You can call me Bisky! I bet we'll be the best of friends!" She replied with a playful tone. "I can't wait for you to show us around! I've heard so much about...this place!"

Nathan stared at the trees and quiet street, the cool breeze hitting his face. He turned his head as a girl who wasn't in the group stood at the front of the school- confusion clear on her face. As Claire mentioned them being students, Nathan looked down at his clothing- which had returned to his hoodie and jacket. He let out a small sigh, before nodding to the question of the tour, rubbing a thumb across Elliot's hand. He pulled forward and up the stairs.

@Atomic Knight @Jeremi @Sark @Crunch @Josh @Yun Lee @Im too lazy to tag everyone

Lucifer Morningstar

Lucifer would look over at the group and nodded. " Yeah, most of us are either new students or teachers so a tour would be great, especially to get the lay of the land. I am going to be the History teacher," he replied, looking around for a moment, before pushing Billy closer to Junko to see if there was a reaction between the two..

@Atomic Knight @Jeremi @Sark @Crunch @Josh @Yun Lee @Everyone

"Okay, not looking for your life stories here..."

Junko turned quickly and started making her way toward the entrance. Claire moved quickly to join her. "I was gonna go out for lunch, but I guess we can swing by the cafeteria," Junko said as she pushed the doors open to the lobby.

J9w7IBq.png

It looked less extravagant than the outside might have suggested, though it was obviously quite a large building. "So, this is like... the entrance hall," Junko said, sounding a bit flat. She didn't seem too interested in lingering here long and was quickly on the move again. She mildly pointed out the A/V Room before making a beeline for the school's cafeteria.

at4XrwC.png

"Here we are... cafeteria! I'm starving." Junko made a move for the array of food currently out for the students to take. The cafeteria seemed pretty empty, though a few students were lingering. One in particular was of particular interest to Billy.

"Makoto?"

One boy who had just finished his food turned suddenly at the sound of his name. He looked a bit confused at who he saw.

qqG2eDs.jpg

"Sorry, do I know you...?"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back