Status
Not open for further replies.

Atomic Knight

Bear With Me
The Convergence Series GM
EhDvtHY.png

Prologue
"Dying Light"

It all started when reality began to slow. Every single being across all of reality felt their lives suddenly stop. All matter ceased to stop living, becoming paused in time indefinitely. Absolutely everything was frozen.

No consciousness could perceive what happened next, not fully.

After the pause was something far more grand. As if all it took were the flipping of a switch, or perhaps the snap of one's fingers, all of reality ceased to be. It was more than just darkness, it was a cessation of matter and being. Everything became nothing.

It did not take long for that to change as well. As quickly as it disappeared, reality returned to being, though things were not the same as before. Lives were upturned and shifted around, placed into familiar places and roles that all the beings involved knew. Reality returned to being and to every individual across the multiverse, their lives became completely mundane. Every single day became "just a day like any other."

No one would recall what happened, at least not under normal circumstances.

For those who were chosen, their new mundane existences came to a sudden stop. A bright light entered their view and enveloped all that they knew, taking them somewhere too far away to truly measure. Sensations cascaded across their bodies as they felt memories pop back into their head. Before their mundane lives, reality itself had come to a stop, had it not?

With the question of one's reality on everyone's mind, the chosen found themselves appearing somewhere new. The bright light was replaced with a dull light, the source being a single street lamp. All around it was darkness. The chosen stood within a void, standing on darkness with only the street lamp and others like them standing among them.

A young man stood beside the lamp, bathed in its dull light. His eyes seemed to be glowing and he was looking over everyone in the vicinity.

fYfCrlb.png

"Hey there," he said, sounding halfway between nervous and apologetic. "I'm sure you guys are... confused. I'm Wiccan. Or, well, considering the circumstances, it might be better to tell you my real name. It's Billy Kaplan."

"What the--" One boy nearby was shaking his head, as if trying to clear it. He grunted and ran his hands down his body as if to check if everything was still intact.

qbJtTCs.png

"Bloody hell, where are we?"

Billy looked away as if embarrassed, rubbing the back of his head. "To be honest, I don't really know. I'm being led around a bit myself. There's a sort of future version of myself who--" Billy paused. "Okay, actually, let me just say some powerful being has possessed my body and is using me to save you guys. We're in a sort of null space in-between dimensions right now."

"Save us from what?" the boy with the shaved head asked, as if the parts about powerful beings and possession made complete sense.

Billy looked at him, examining him closer. "You're a Bloodstone, right? Cullen? That's cool. Um--" Billy closed his eyes, thinking. "Okay, listen, this is not something all of you might recall right away, but your world was erased. All worlds were erased." There was a foul outburst by Cullen, but Billy continued. "All universes-- the multiverse itself-- was erased by this really powerful guy, and he's working on remaking all of reality the way he wants it to be. So yeah, newsflash for anyone who wasn't already aware, there's just about an infinite amount of dimensions outside your own and now, somehow, they're all at risk."

1590263284743.png

"All worlds..." A certain boy mumbled out through a soft breaths as he rubbed his head. Just like the boy named Cullen, the spiky-haired teen felt... groggy. Weak. His mind a scrambled mess as it struggled to piece itself back together, like he was hit on the head. Or maybe a part of him didn't want to register what had just happened, but here he was now. And if he was here... that could only mean one thing. It was just as Billy said, after all. All worlds were erased.

Staggering to his feet, the boy clutched his arm uneasily as he attempted to slide into the exchange as well. "You two... were there too..." He murmured through bated breaths, recognizing the faces of Cullen and Billy a bit more clearly now. The battle on Ash, and the incident with Othinus, who...

"So, that's it. He really did it... All over again, just like Othinus did..." The boy said hopelessly, looking up at the black void where a sky would normally be, not even a sun to shine through the dark.

"I'm afraid this is different," Billy said. "You guys managed to talk Othinus into putting the multiverse back the way it was, but even if you hadn't, there would have been a chance of stopping her. Certain beings were resistant to her power, and the Great Spirits would have broken free of her control eventually. However, this time..." Billy gulped. "There is nothing stopping this. No way to reset things once it's complete. He killed the strongest beings in the multiverse and took some of their power for his own, giving him free reign."

"Bollocks," Cullen scoffed. "Literally every world has been remade by some cunt? And he's gone and killed anyone that could stop him? What are we doing here then?"

Billy crossed his arms. His eyes were still glowing, implying that they seemed to be permanent. "You've got one thing wrong: he still hasn't remade anything. He's still in the middle of it. It's such a huge process that he had to do something with everyone while our new reality was being created. So, now every being that exists sits in stasis, essentially put to sleep while they are forced to live out snippets of their lives."

The look on Cullen's face was incredulous. "... Snippets of their lives?"

"Yes. They loop the same days over and over."

"A perpetual time loop... Now that, I do have experience with," Touma murmured as he attempted to calm his breath. It was shockingly easy to keep from breaking down in front of everyone, but the boy had to wonder if it was because he was used to the fate of the multiverse tipping to different sides on a whim for a while now, or if it just hadn't set in yet that this is what became of the multiverse in light of the team's failure. His brow scrunched up as he thought of the others who were right beside him what felt like mere moments ago, united against Revan and his forces.

He thought of Severa, feeling an emptiness in his heart as he already missed her nagging and badgering in his ear. He thought of Rinato, that girl who gave her to put Revan down, yet tragically was too little and too late. He thought of the many who also gave their life defending against the Revanchist, and how all their sacrifices were in vain... and then he clenched his fist. No, that wasn't going to be how he'd let it end.

Maybe it was insanity, especially at this point, but it had been done once before after all. And if that was the case, then certainly, the one God of the Multiverse could be defeated.

"So... What you're saying is, considering the fact that we're still here, and the fact that pieces of the multiverse are still intact, at least for now, there's still a chance we can fix this. Right?!" he exclaimed intently, taking a restless step toward Billy.

Billy's eyes met Touma's as the other boy took a step forward. A smile appeared on Billy's face for a moment but he quickly shook his head and adopted a frown. "Yes... and no. I don't know the exact details, but this is a complicated matter. The being that's possessing me, he exists outside time and space. He's a cosmic deity, one who has existed across all of reality, having seeded life force into the multiverse. Thing is, he doesn't technically exist yet, so... I'm his conduit, but not only is his power limited thanks to my own limitations, his power was also supported by the Great Spirits. Their death means he can't just undo all this."

"Complicated sounds like it's putting it pretty lightly, mate," Cullen said, shooting Billy a wary look. "How are we supposed to help then, huh? Why us? Aren't you in good with all sorts of Avengers?"

"This isn't just about our universe, Cullen," Billy said pointedly. He looked around at the gathered group. "Honestly, most of you guys were gathered randomly. Some of you are close to me or to each other tangentially, but there was no means of picking and choosing the best team. Whatever your previous allegiences were, it means nothing now. You are all that's left, for better or for worse, and... I'm sorry. I'm so sorry. I know this is a lot to take in, especially for some of you. I-I don't even know how best to explain this..."

Billy let out a rough exhale and slowly sat down with his legs crossed. He gripped at his head, his gloved hands tangled in his hair. His hood fell down, revealing his boyish looks and making it quite clear he was really just a young adult.

"I need a moment to think, everyone."

Chapter One

Chapter Two

Chapter Three

Chapter Four

Chapter Five

Final Chapter

Epilogue

Character List
@Takumi as Azura [Fire Emblem]
@mintyy as Azure Kite [.hack]
@Jeremi as Biscuit Krueger [Hunter x Hunter]
@Gummi Bunnies as Blake Dormi [OC]
@Josh as Clark Kent [Smallville]
@Atomic Knight as Cullen Bloodstone [Marvel Comics]
@Indigo Al as Doctor Langa [OC]
@York as Emily Hayes [Amulet]
@Capri as Gentaro Kisaragi [Kamen Rider]
@Crunch as Giorno Giovanna [JoJo's Bizarre Adventure]
@Yun Lee as Jianyu [Street Fighter]
@Lucky as Lucifer Morningstar [Lucifer]
@Alex Azure as Mason Moretti [OC]
@Kaykay as Mebuki Kusunoki [Kusunoki Mebuki is a Hero]
@Neko Shogun as Senna [Bleach]
@Ottonomous Ghost as Siegward of Catarina [Dark Souls]
@Krieg as Spike Spiegel [Cowboy Bebop]
@Sark as Thaal Sinestro [DC Comics]
@Minerva as Triss Merigold [The Witcher]
@Ver as Touma Kamijou [A Certain Magical Index]​

Last edited:
Lucifer Morningstar

How did he always find himself in these sort of messes? It wasn't the first time he had dealt with beings much more powerful than him. His father, his mother, hell, even Diablo. He would look around to see if he recognized anyone and mentally cursed. "Well, I know something that at least six of us have in common. We were there at the very first battle with Diablo, the one god.... how long has it been? Huh-guess it doesn't matter if time has stopped. A perpetual loop. Sounds like Hell. Actually, no, correction, it is Hell. Hopefully, it's these people's better days..... I imagine the yes it is can be undone and the no is more that nothing will be exactly the same. There is no way to exactly make everything how it was... though one can argue that not be such a bad thing."

@Atomic Knight @Josh @Takumi @Gummi Bunnies @Neko Shogun @Everyone

"I'm...going to need a minute." A girl spoke up in the crowd looking like she wasn't really up to speeds just yet. This was a situation that Biscuit Kreuger. a Double Star Hunter, would end up doing at the end of it all. Was that really true though? Her world, her reality, was gone? Her thoughts went to her former pupils. Gon...Killua...everyone else close to her. Just gone? A simple snap? Was Biscuit being here really just happenstance? Why her over anyone else in the universe? Or beyond for that matter. She was her now though and that meant she had to take action. A few good slaps to her cheeks and Biscuit looked up at everyone.

"Sorry, got it sorted out."

scOHpX7.png

"Hi, I'm Biscuit Kreuger. I'm going to do everything in my power to help you in solving this, Billy!" Everyone needed a good teacher and maybe that's why she was here?​
@Atomic Knight @Everyone

GENTARO KISARAGI
@Atomic Knight @Ver @Yun Lee @Jeremi @Gummi Bunnies @Neko Shogun @mintyy @York @Takumi @Lucky @Alex Azure @Sark @Minerva @Josh @Indigo Al

Gentaro Kisaragi was livid. The excitable high school student was enraged. It’s very rare to see Gentaro in a state like this, but he couldn’t help himself.

Once he learned what this one dude, who Billy didn’t name, did to his friends...

He was furious...

No... not furious. Determined. Determined to stop this man by any means necessary to save his friends.

“Oi... Billy Kaplan, you say your name is,” Gentaro said, holding out his hand, “Gentaro Kisaragi. I’m hoping we can become good friends. I mean, we have to in order to take down this guy,”

Cullen gave Lucifer a once-over. "Just so you know, Wiccan," he said, pointing at Lucifer with his thumb, "you got an asshole murderer on the team."

"Cullen, it doesn't matter, there's no one else..." He sighed and pressed his palms against his eyes.

WBh6Wno.png

"Thank you, Biscuit. And Gentaro. If we aren't on the same page... I don't know if we'll be able to do this otherwise."

@Jeremi @Capri @Lucky

Lucifer Morningstar

Lucifer looked back at Cullen. " Three, he has three murderers on his team. If you have yet to observe Cullen, both Azura and Clark are also here. Besides, we did establish most of us were hardly in control when that happened..... which does worry me. If we were so easily manipulated by someone like Diablo, what are the odds we will fare much better if the current villain is more powerful than them?" Lucifer would take out his flask and take a swig. " I'm fine with helping to save the multiverse as well."

@Jeremi @Capri @Everyone

"Ah. Fuck."

That was really all Jianyu could think to say on this matter. I mean...what else was even there to say, anyways? Everything you know has been erased and reset and you have to stop the fucker responsible in order to stop him. Okay. Cool. Whatever. Jianyu'd given up on any semblance of a normal life after she'd been dragged into Shadaloo. Well...no, she'd tried for one after, but a certain ginger bitch went and fucked up any remaining shreds of that hope. So, okay. Save the Multiverse or whatever. Then maybe her life would go back to being exciting. She was getting tired of that boring shit.

Though now the topic of murder was being brought up, and she rolled her eyes. "Oh my God, I could, like, literally point out five people here with a body count," she said. "Myself included, except everyone I killed fucking deserved it. How about we all get off our high horses now so we can work together, yeah?" Ugh, why couldn't Conner be here? Being stuck alone with these assholes...

@Atomic Knight @Everyone​

GENTARO KISARAGI
@Atomic Knight @Ver @Jeremi @Lucky
@EveryoneElse

“Alright!” Gentaro said.

He looked around at the group, noticing one of them, Touma, was injured.

“Oi! You can’t save everything in that state!” Gentaro said, before trying to pull out his Fourze Driver, if he still had it, that is.​

Cullen gave Lucifer a once-over. "Just so you know, Wiccan," he said, pointing at Lucifer with his thumb, "you got an asshole murderer on the team."

"Cullen, it doesn't matter, there's no one else..." He sighed and pressed his palms against his eyes.

WBh6Wno.png

"Thank you, Biscuit. And Gentaro. If we aren't on the same page... I don't know if we'll be able to do this otherwise."

@Jeremi @Capri @Lucky

"You're right!" Biscuit exclaimed. "If we're the only ones left standing to face the guy who did this then we can't stand around fighting or complain about body counts! We got to join forces!"

gpEH6zH.png

Because if you don't I'm going to beat the ever-loving crap out of you! Biscuit thought to herself as her fist clenched in anger.​

@Atomic Knight @Ver @Capri @Yun Lee @Lucky @Everyone

e5aA65K.png

"They're hardly my mates either," Cullen said, his voice taking on an air of intensity. "But from what I recall, you needed a little less brainwashing than they did, huh? Not to mention the fact you're the one that did me in, you bastard."

Cullen gave a sidelong look toward one woman who was going on about body counts. Sounded to Cullen like she was boasting a bit. "Ha!" he ended up barking out. Cullen shook his head. "Girlie, you think I haven't killed anyone either? That's hardly the point. Wiccan here has gathered together three former brainwashed killers. Either that's one crazy coincidence, or something a bit more sinister is going on here."

The boy then pointed a finger at Billy and took a few steps toward him. "Come on, who's behind this? This has to do with the attack on Avalon, right?"

Billy pulled his hood back up and looked down at his lap. "I don't know about that attack, Cullen," he said. "But I don't think this is what you're implying."

@Jeremi @Capri @Lucky @Yun Lee

witcher-3-cosplay-enchants-as-triss-merigold-logo.png

"Triss Merigold." She said, introducing herself to Billy, and by extension, the rest of the group. "I'm here at the behest of the MEU and Lodge of Sorceresses, if they even exists anymore." She said, shrugging.

@Atomic Knight @Ver @Jeremi @Lucky @Everyone, I guess​

Lucifer Morningstar

" That may be true, but that is just in my nature. I never claimed to be good. Though on a technical scale, you actually killed yourself, it was just a bit of influence. I just exemplified a desire you perhaps already had or gave a push with the right words. My power isn't perfect, you could have resisted, but yet, you didn't. An attack on Avalon, huh- I was at an attack on Ragnarok. Hardly seems coincidental the two things happened at once."

@Atomic Knight @Ver @Jeremi @Capri @Minerva

"Jeez, chill out, kid." God, who was this brat? Eli II? "Obviously we gotta kill this fucker who's messing with the fabric of reality or whatever, so whoever's possessing this dude needs us to do it. People that can get a job done and shit." Suddenly being here became a bit of an ego booster. Fuck yeah, bring in the girl who took down Arcade. Whoever this big bad pussy was is in for it!

@Atomic Knight @Everyone​

Cullen's eyes went wide for a moment as he turned harshly on Lucifer. "You trying to imply I want to kill myself?" he asked, voice dipped in red-hot intensity. "You fucking cunt--" Some kind of parasitic-looking tentacle formed out of Cullen's back as he started to make a jump on Lucifer.

"Stop!"

Billy had gotten to his feet. His hands were stretched outward and flecks mystical blue energy danced around him. Cullen was being held in place by a blue light, looking pretty angry.

b0J8ERU.png

"This needs to stop," Billy said. "Yeah, probably not all of you are good people. Maybe very few of you are. But that doesn't matter. No matter who you are, you all must have someone or something important to you that you don't want some megalomaniac taking away. We have a common enemy and it's not each other."

Cullen sighed and retracted the tentacle coming out of his back. As Billy slowly let him go, the sorcerer looked to Triss. "Nice to meet you, Triss. I very much hope that the M.E.U. can be returned to us."

@Jeremi @Capri @Lucky @Yun Lee @Minerva

GENTARO KISARAGI
@Atomic Knight @Ver

Gentaro strapped the Fourze Driver to his waist and flicked four switches on it. He gripped a lever that was on the side of it.

A voice counted down

Three

Two

One

"Henshin!"

tumblr_nb9ubw7Klt1s7edb8o1_500.gifv

"Uchuu... KITAAAAAA!!!" Gentaro shouted.

He made a gesture as if he were slicking back his hair, before whipping out a strange switch.

3medical1.JPG

He took the switch that was in the furthest right spot on the belt and replaced it with this new switch.

Medical! it spoke. Gentaro pressed the switch, and soon another robotic voice spoke.

MEDICAL ON!

In a yellow flash of light, a box formed on Gentaro's left forearm. He opened the box to reveal it was filled with medicine.

"Alright! All I gotta do is rub this liquid on your wounds and it will be good as new!" Gentaro said to Touma, "This medicine is made of Cosmic Energy! It works like a charm!"

Gentaro pulled out gauze and a vial of medicine, which he pours onto the gauze. He rubs it on Touma's wounds, and it would go away just like Gentaro said it would.

Lucifer Morningstar

" Oh, it's less of an implication and more of a matter of fact. Deep desires are like that, you never quite know what they are. It could be something as strange as wanting to be a ballerina despite looking like they work out at the gym for days and sometimes they are right on the nose. Besides, you dying was a good thing. The others were able to deduce I was one of the traitors and it would have taken longer if I hadn't. The other survivors could hardly even figure out Clark was a traitor and he was pretty obvious from the start. If you want to punch me later, go ahead. I don't deny I deserve it.
"

@Atomic Knight

EhDvtHY.png

Prologue
"Dying Light"

It all started when reality began to slow. Every single being across all of reality felt their lives suddenly stop. All matter ceased to stop living, becoming paused in time indefinitely. Absolutely everything was frozen.

No consciousness could perceive what happened next, not fully.

After the pause was something far more grand. As if all it took were the flipping of a switch, or perhaps the snap of one's fingers, all of reality ceased to be. It was more than just darkness, it was a cessation of matter and being. Everything became nothing.

It did not take long for that to change as well. As quickly as it disappeared, reality returned to being, though things were not the same as before. Lives were upturned and shifted around, placed into familiar places and roles that all the beings involved knew. Reality returned to being and to every individual across the multiverse, their lives became completely mundane. Every single day became "just a day like any other."

No one would recall what happened, at least not under normal circumstances.

For those who were chosen, their new mundane existences came to a sudden stop. A bright light entered their view and enveloped all that they knew, taking them somewhere too far away to truly measure. Sensations cascaded across their bodies as they felt memories pop back into their head. Before their mundane lives, reality itself had come to a stop, had it not?

With the question of one's reality on everyone's mind, the chosen found themselves appearing somewhere new. The bright light was replaced with a dull light, the source being a single street lamp. All around it was darkness. The chosen stood within a void, standing on darkness with only the street lamp and others like them standing among them.

A young man stood beside the lamp, bathed in its dull light. His eyes seemed to be glowing and he was looking over everyone in the vicinity.

fYfCrlb.png

"Hey there," he said, sounding halfway between nervous and apologetic. "I'm sure you guys are... confused. I'm Wiccan. Or, well, considering the circumstances, it might be better to tell you my real name. It's Billy Kaplan."

"What the--" One boy nearby was shaking his head, as if trying to clear it. He grunted and ran his hands down his body as if to check if everything was still intact.

qbJtTCs.png

"Bloody hell, where are we?"

Billy looked away as if embarrassed, rubbing the back of his head. "To be honest, I don't really know. I'm being led around a bit myself. There's a sort of future version of myself who--" Billy paused. "Okay, actually, let me just say some powerful being has possessed my body and is using me to save you guys. We're in a sort of null space in-between dimensions right now."

"Save us from what?" the boy with the shaved head asked, as if the parts about powerful beings and possession made complete sense.

Billy looked at him, examining him closer. "You're a Bloodstone, right? Cullen? That's cool. Um--" Billy closed his eyes, thinking. "Okay, listen, this is not something all of you might recall right away, but your world was erased. All worlds were erased." There was a foul outburst by Cullen, but Billy continued. "All universes-- the multiverse itself-- was erased by this really powerful guy, and he's working on remaking all of reality the way he wants it to be. So yeah, newsflash for anyone who wasn't already aware, there's just about an infinite amount of dimensions outside your own and now, somehow, they're all at risk."

1590263284743.png

"All worlds..." A certain boy mumbled out through a soft breaths as he rubbed his head. Just like the boy named Cullen, the spiky-haired teen felt... groggy. Weak. His mind a scrambled mess as it struggled to piece itself back together, like he was hit on the head. Or maybe a part of him didn't want to register what had just happened, but here he was now. And if he was here... that could only mean one thing. It was just as Billy said, after all. All worlds were erased.

Staggering to his feet, the boy clutched his arm uneasily as he attempted to slide into the exchange as well. "You two... were there too..." He murmured through bated breaths, recognizing the faces of Cullen and Billy a bit more clearly now. The battle on Ash, and the incident with Othinus, who...

"So, that's it. He really did it... All over again, just like Othinus did..." The boy said hopelessly, looking up at the black void where a sky would normally be, not even a sun to shine through the dark.

"I'm afraid this is different," Billy said. "You guys managed to talk Othinus into putting the multiverse back the way it was, but even if you hadn't, there would have been a chance of stopping her. Certain beings were resistant to her power, and the Great Spirits would have broken free of her control eventually. However, this time..." Billy gulped. "There is nothing stopping this. No way to reset things once it's complete. He killed the strongest beings in the multiverse and took some of their power for his own, giving him free reign."

"Bollocks," Cullen scoffed. "Literally every world has been remade by some cunt? And he's gone and killed anyone that could stop him? What are we doing here then?"

Billy crossed his arms. His eyes were still glowing, implying that they seemed to be permanent. "You've got one thing wrong: he still hasn't remade anything. He's still in the middle of it. It's such a huge process that he had to do something with everyone while our new reality was being created. So, now every being that exists sits in stasis, essentially put to sleep while they are forced to live out snippets of their lives."

The look on Cullen's face was incredulous. "... Snippets of their lives?"

"Yes. They loop the same days over and over."

"A perpetual time loop... Now that, I do have experience with," Touma murmured as he attempted to calm his breath. It was shockingly easy to keep from breaking down in front of everyone, but the boy had to wonder if it was because he was used to the fate of the multiverse tipping to different sides on a whim for a while now, or if it just hadn't set in yet that this is what became of the multiverse in light of the team's failure. His brow scrunched up as he thought of the others who were right beside him what felt like mere moments ago, united against Revan and his forces.

He thought of Severa, feeling an emptiness in his heart as he already missed her nagging and badgering in his ear. He thought of Rinato, that girl who gave her to put Revan down, yet tragically was too little and too late. He thought of the many who also gave their life defending against the Revanchist, and how all their sacrifices were in vain... and then he clenched his fist. No, that wasn't going to be how he'd let it end.

Maybe it was insanity, especially at this point, but it had been done once before after all. And if that was the case, then certainly, the one God of the Multiverse could be defeated.

"So... What you're saying is, considering the fact that we're still here, and the fact that pieces of the multiverse are still intact, at least for now, there's still a chance we can fix this. Right?!" he exclaimed intently, taking a restless step toward Billy.

Billy's eyes met Touma's as the other boy took a step forward. A smile appeared on Billy's face for a moment but he quickly shook his head and adopted a frown. "Yes... and no. I don't know the exact details, but this is a complicated matter. The being that's possessing me, he exists outside time and space. He's a cosmic deity, one who has existed across all of reality, having seeded life force into the multiverse. Thing is, he doesn't technically exist yet, so... I'm his conduit, but not only is his power limited thanks to my own limitations, his power was also supported by the Great Spirits. Their death means he can't just undo all this."

"Complicated sounds like it's putting it pretty lightly, mate," Cullen said, shooting Billy a wary look. "How are we supposed to help then, huh? Why us? Aren't you in good with all sorts of Avengers?"

"This isn't just about our universe, Cullen," Billy said pointedly. He looked around at the gathered group. "Honestly, most of you guys were gathered randomly. Some of you are close to me or to each other tangentially, but there was no means of picking and choosing the best team. Whatever your previous allegiences were, it means nothing now. You are all that's left, for better or for worse, and... I'm sorry. I'm so sorry. I know this is a lot to take in, especially for some of you. I-I don't even know how best to explain this..."

Billy let out a rough exhale and slowly sat down with his legs crossed. He gripped at his head, his gloved hands tangled in his hair. His hood fell down, revealing his boyish looks and making it quite clear he was really just a young adult.

"I need a moment to think, everyone."

Character List
@Takumi as Azura [Fire Emblem]
@mintyy as Azure Kite [.hack]
@Jeremi as Biscuit Krueger [Hunter x Hunter]
@Gummi Bunnies as Blake Dormi [OC]
@Josh as Clark Kent [Smallville]
@Atomyk as Cullen Bloodstone [Marvel Comics]
@Indigo Al as Doctor Langa [OC]
@York as Emily Hayes [Amulet]
@Alex Azure as Mason Moretti [OC]
@Sark as Thaal Sinestro [DC Comics]
@Minerva as Triss Merigold [The Witcher]
@Capri as Gentaro Kisaragi [Kamen Rider]
@Crunch as Giorno Giovanna [JoJo's Bizarre Adventure]
@Yun Lee as Jianyu [Street Fighter]
@Lucky as Lucifer Morningstar [Lucifer]
@Neko Shogun as Senna [Bleach]
@Ver as Touma Kamijou [A Certain Magical Index]​

Azura Prologue: A Heart of Thorns

Feelinng as if she was waking from a dream, the woman known as Azura blinked and swayed, before steadying herself. As Billy spoke, her brows furrowed.

A powerful being, wanting to kill others for their own selfish gain no matter the cost.

It was nothing new for Azura, that didn't stop the chill that settled in her chest at the mere thought of her family being in danger. It felt like so long since she's seen them, but...

Her fingers found their way to her pendant, a frown gracing her features. She had once told her son that his death would ruin her, she was willing to give her life to ensure he lived.

She took a deep breath, clutching her pendant tightly.

Lucifer Morningstar

Lucifer looked back at Cullen. " Three, he has three murderers on his team. If you have yet to observe Cullen, both Azura and Clark are also here. Besides, we did establish most of us were hardly in control when that happened..... which does worry me. If we were so easily manipulated by someone like Diablo, what are the odds we will fare much better if the current villain is more powerful than them?" Lucifer would take out his flask and take a swig. " I'm fine with helping to save the multiverse as well."

@Jeremi @Capri @Everyone

f554685d993f78f6f3baf568373d81e6b1176f8c.jpg

"In the end past deeds don't necessarily matter." She spoke up, her gaze going to Lucifer.

"Whether I was in control or not, that doesn't change the fact that I didn't like what I did. Either way, now that that's established, we have more pressing matters at hand." She spoke matter-of-factly.

As Cullen made to attack Lucifer, but was stopped by Billy, she couldn't help but find the color of his magic oddly pretty.

The thought crossed her mind, that someone so young shouldn't have such weight on their shoulders.

Lucifer Morningstar

" Oh, it's less of an implication and more of a matter of fact. Deep desires are like that, you never quite know what they are. It could be something as strange as wanting to be a ballerina despite looking like they work out at the gym for days and sometimes they are right on the nose. Besides, you dying was a good thing. The others were able to deduce I was one of the traitors and it would have taken longer if I hadn't. The other survivors could hardly even figure out Clark was a traitor and he was pretty obvious from the start. If you want to punch me later, go ahead. I don't deny I deserve it.
"

@Atomic Knight

d1ffdf660051d5bd3c88ee5a41210e9cc2904885.jpg

"Your points been made, I think that's enough reminiscing for now." Azura sighed. She didn't want to deal with a group that was infighting. They had a common goal, it only made sense that they focused on that, didn't it?

@Atomic Knight @Ver @Lucky @Everyone

Lucifer Morningstar

How did he always find himself in these sort of messes? It wasn't the first time he had dealt with beings much more powerful than him. His father, his mother, hell, even Diablo. He would look around to see if he recognized anyone and mentally cursed. "Well, I know something that at least six of us have in common. We were there at the very first battle with Diablo, the one god.... how long has it been? Huh-guess it doesn't matter if time has stopped. A perpetual loop. Sounds like Hell. Actually, no, correction, it is Hell. Hopefully, it's these people's better days..... I imagine the yes it is can be undone and the no is more that nothing will be exactly the same. There is no way to exactly make everything how it was... though one can argue that not be such a bad thing."

@Atomic Knight @Josh @Takumi @Gummi Bunnies @Neko Shogun @Everyone
Azura Prologue: A Heart of Thorns

Feelinng as if she was waking from a dream, the woman known as Azura blinked and swayed, before steadying herself. As Billy spoke, her brows furrowed.

A powerful being, wanting to kill others for their own selfish gain no matter the cost.

It was nothing new for Azura, that didn't stop the chill that settled in her chest at the mere thought of her family being in danger. It felt like so long since she's seen them, but...

Her fingers found their way to her pendant, a frown gracing her features. She had once told her son that his death would ruin her, she was willing to give her life to ensure he lived.

She took a deep breath, clutching her pendant tightly.

f554685d993f78f6f3baf568373d81e6b1176f8c.jpg

"In the end past deeds don't necessarily matter." She spoke up, her gaze going to Lucifer.

"Whether I was in control or not, that doesn't change the fact that I didn't like what I did. Either way, now that that's established, we have more pressing matters at hand." She spoke matter-of-factly.

As Cullen made to attack Lucifer, but was stopped by Billy, she couldn't help but find the color of his magic oddly pretty.

The thought crossed her mind, that someone so young shouldn't have such weight on their shoulders.

d1ffdf660051d5bd3c88ee5a41210e9cc2904885.jpg

"Your points been made, I think that's enough reminiscing for now." Azura sighed. She didn't want to deal with a group that was infighting. They had a common goal, it only made sense that they focused on that, didn't it?

@Atomic Knight @Ver @Lucky @Everyone

As Clark stood near Azura, the main of steel just shook his head. They lost, and he felt he was less than no help. Starring at the nothingness, Clark paused in and out of thought. Everyone he cared about was gone. People from his earth, like his Mom, Chloe, Lois, and even Lex. Looking around, he noticed Azura and Lucifer, along with Senna and others, a deep formed on his face. He sighed and mumbled to himself.

"So, I guess Lucio and Ries didn't make it?

Another long pause, Clark looked at the group. Normally a becaon of hope, Clark seemed empty.

View attachment 6359
"If we didn't win last time, what makes now different? Maybe we all should take a step back for a second. We're all that's left, are we sure we're making the smart move?"

@Atomic Knight @Ver @Lucky @Jeremi @Yun Lee @Crunch @everyone

> Access Security Recording Logs_
A C C E S S I N G...
Security Recording Logs Accessed

> Open Log srl20_
S T A R T I N G U P P L A Y B A C K...
L O A D I N G...
E R R O R O C C U R E D. L O G C O R R U P T E D.

The holographic panel flickers off.

Lnlf58u.png

❝ There's no mistaking it... Things are in some form of disarray. I usually leave a background security feed from my tech cube when I'm not doing too much, but the recent logs I should have are all corrupted somehow. That's... yeah, that's definitely because of this guy doing stuff to the multiverse. ❞ Blake Dormi sighed. At least his preparations and tech upgrades were still intact. Upon taking a good look at the group gathered here, it wasn't the most organized bunch. Heck, it feels like a strangely timed reunion if it wasn't for the fact that the multiverse literally depends on them desperately.

Didn't think he would be dragged into a multiverse-saving trek here, in all honesty. Even if he didn't know much about what his sister Rinato's involvement in the grand scheme of things, he saw this more of her kind of gig.

❝ I'm going to go and guess that we have some time before we get thrown in on critically important missions ❞ He says out loud.

@Atomic Knight @Ver @Lucky @Jeremi @Capri @Yun Lee @Crunch @Josh
@Everyone

GENTARO KISARAGI
@Atomic Knight @Ver @Gummi Bunnies
@EveryoneElse

Whether or not Touma was healed, once he was finished applying the medicine, Gentaro flipped all the switches up and all of Gentaro’s suit came off, revealing the normal high school boy that he is.

He approached Blake and held out his hand.

“Yo! I thought it would be nice to get to know you because we’re gonna be working together for the time being! I’m Gentaro Kisaragi!”

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back