Status
Not open for further replies.
Lucifer Morningstar

Lucifer looked over at him and mused himself for a second. " To be fair, possession is a very uncomfortable thing. It's why angels pick mortal guises nowadays as opposed to use a mortal. It's exahausting on everyone. Well, not knowing the details might be problematic, especially since most of us never fought Revan. Though-" He looked over at Clark for a moment. " You mentioned that we already lost? Does that imply you know some of the potential allies that Revan had or perhaps someone else in the groups does. You're welcome."

@Atomic Knight @Yun Lee @Josh

Buzzing. Senna felt like the world was buzzing around her. With her head pounding in confusion it was hard to retrace her steps and figure out just what she had been doing before arriving in this situation. Had she been with anyone? She remembered... dying in Ichigo's arms and then... what happened after that? She ended up somewhere else, right? She had ended up in a new dire situation with a different group of people. She had met others... she met...

❝ It's okay... I'm here, Senna... we're going to make it through this, and we're not alone either. Okay? ❞

His voice was like fog lights beaming past the confusion in her mind. Senna snapped back to reality when she heard Blake's voice. Somehow, seeing a familiar face helped her snap out of her disoriented state.

8q6DGBw.png

"Blake!" she screeched, throwing her arms around him. She dug her fingers into the fabric of his outfit, clinging to him like her life depended on it. His whispered and gentle touch were more than enough to help the girl relax her shoulders. "You're here too! The last thing I remember before coming here is... fuzzy..."

She contorted her expression, wrinkling her nose in thought before pulling back a little to look at him. "We... promised to go sightseeing, didn't we?" The girl smiled awkwardly. "I don't think this place is what we had in mind..." A laugh escaped her lips that sounded more like a sob than a noise of joy. But in truth, it was a sound of relief. Senna couldn't express what it meant not to feel alone again.

"...I'm just so glad you're here too. I'm pretty good at taking care of myself, and if the multiverse needs help I'm more than happy to step in, but that doesn't mean I like being alone," she admitted, burring her face in his chest again. This wasn't something she was willing to tell anyone, but she trusted Blake. It felt so good to have someone she could trust.

@Capri @Ver @Gummi Bunnies @Crunch @Josh @Lucky @Atomic Knight @Everyone​

"If you want a go at me too, you're welcome to try," Cullen said, raising his arms and shrugging. He didn't like this girl much at all, acting like she was above all this. Cullen wasn't about to list off all the horrible rubbish he'd had to do throughout the years like they were against each other in some bloody misery competition.

iyvwBKR.png

"I don't really care what you've been through, girlie." Casually, Cullen extended one of the Glartrox's tentacles from his back so that it looped around his head. He eyed it with a bit of pride momentarily before fixing his gaze back to Jianyu. "There's usually more than meets the eye to most people. You don't know me and it's probably best for both of us we keep it that way."

@Yun Lee

Last edited:
"Yeah, no shit." She was more than happy to stop this conversation with l'enfant terrible. Look at him, showboating his little magical powers as if it fucking meant something. God, he'd fit right in on Murderworld... "Let's get this Revan freak taken care of, then we go our merry way and never have to see each other ever again."

@Atomic Knight

View attachment 6366

"Wait. You and Joshua?"

Taking a deep breath, Clark winced. time truly had flown by.

"I'm sorry i'm down. For the first time in awhile, I feel useless."

Clark smirked. Laughing slightly, Clark looked at Cullen
View attachment 6369
"You can't stand Lucio? Come on! He' the greatest! Such a positive guy! He's like, one of my best friends. I remember we hung around each other a lot after we all go defrosted. We went to a Metropolis Shark's football game together. It started hardcore snowing around the third quarter. Like, layers of snow started coming down. God, he was dying. I warned him he should have bundled up."

"What happened? We lost."

Clark frown showed again as he walked over towards the two young men. Clark Extend his hand to the gold haired boy.

"I'm Clark, Clark Kent. and you are?"

@Lucky @Takumi @Lucky @Josh @Ver @Crunch @Everybody

Azura blinked. Why did he put such emphasis on it? What did he mean by that?

Besides, what did it really matter? Clark and her weren't necessarily friends, and he had at one point killed her. Either way, whatever anger she felt over it had long since faded into ash and smoke. She wasn't sure she had been angry about it much or not, outside of being forced to work for Umbrella again. It all worked out in the end, however, even if they found themselves fighting against yet another all powerful force.

"Time moved differently in my world...at least, it felt that way. Like days and months blurred together. It was a mess, trying to get things to be less chaotic." She answered, not delving into relationships and the like simply because she didn't want to share the details. She didn't want to try and explain the Deeprealms either, in all honesty.

Her gaze shifted to the side, a small thoughtful hum escaping her.

"I guess time differs with the world in question, I ended up in a different place for a while before ending up here, anyway." She muttered, almost under her breath.

Cullen shot Clark a withering look. He hadn't exactly been Cullen's cup of tea either from what he remembered. Especially the part about him being, you know, a killer. Cullen's expression eventually turned to amusement though.

h5WMFVY.png

"... You sure he's not your boyfriend, mate?"

He then turned to look at Jianyu, raising an eyebrow in her direction. "Wow, really?" Cullen began to clap sarcastically. "Congratulations, you're such a tough one. Bet all the blokes fall for you, eh?"

Billy was still mulling over what Lucifer was asking. "If there was a twist, how would I know about it?" he eventually said. "The being who possessed me... he's called the Demiurge. Possession makes me... uncomfortable, okay? But at least I am still myself. He's sort of just inhabiting my body, vaguely leading me... My point is, I don't have all the details. I was out of commission during the Coalition's war with the Revanchist, so whatever allies Revan has, I don't really know about them."

@Lucky @Josh @Ver @Crunch @Everybody

Azura chuckled softly at Cullen's remark. The way Clark spoke of Lucio did sound that way.

Something Clark said caused Azura's light mood to turn slightly sour, a frown forming on her face again.

"'We lost'? You sound so sure, why exactly?" She asked

Sinestro- Yellow
View attachment 6371
Thaal Sinestro's eyes were fixed on the floor. What was there to say? What was there to do? Oblivion had called and he had no answer.
The Yellow Lantern had often prided himself on his preparedness. Every outcome- no matter how unlikely it seemed- had been considered and accounted for. And yet, when the Multiverse burned around him, he found himself at a loss for words. There were no aces to play. No trump cards or secret contingencies. Just death. Just the void.

Blanked by blackness, it was impossible to deny it.

They had lost. He had lost.

His people? Gone. His planet? Gone. His corps? Gone. His daughter.

All gone. All dead.

No. That boy had mentioned something about stasis. Spreading false hope, no doubt. Peddling faith to gullible. He didn't need his ring to smell the fear that hung in the air. The confusion, the doubt. It was practically pungent. All this talk of second chances, this dream of a 'comeback'. He wondered if any of them truly believed it.

The taste of fear didn't smell as sweet as it once had. That thrill, the sense of authority it brought... it was gone. It was cold and empty. He took no pleasure in its presence.

([Power Level: 60%])
([70%])
([80%])

His ring, on the hand, seemed to revel in it. He ignored then pestering beeps and hums that only he could hear. He blocked them out like he had blocked out so many other sensations. He rolled his neck and turned back to face his 'companions'.

There were no Captains here. No leaders. No Guardians. Just a pack of scared children in need of guidance. They needed the kind of guidance not even he could give.

Still. In the absence of absence of knowledge and guidance, there was something else could offer these bickering children: A general's discipline, a father's discipline.
View attachment 6372
"Cease this infernal bickering!" Thaal scowled at Jianyu and Cullen. "The world beyond the horizon is dead and gone. If we want to see tomorrow- if we want there to be a tomorrow- we will need order. He will need to rely upon each other. Ever second squander on this meaningless squabbling is another a ball of spit in the face of all we've lost. We owe it to them not to descend into the madness of chaos. When you 'go at' each other, you 'go at' us all. Internalize your hate and step in back in line."

@Atomic Knight @Yun Lee @anyone​

"We literally JUST settled this, grandpa. Thanks for adding your two cents after it fucking matters." Oh, look at Mister Hero! Swooping in and expecting his dick sucked for scolding them like children. God, everyone here fucking sucked ass. She needed to save the Multiverse now so she could go back to the only person who understood her.

@Sark @Atomic Knight

Cullen shot Clark a withering look. He hadn't exactly been Cullen's cup of tea either from what he remembered. Especially the part about him being, you know, a killer. Cullen's expression eventually turned to amusement though.

h5WMFVY.png

"... You sure he's not your boyfriend, mate?"

He then turned to look at Jianyu, raising an eyebrow in her direction. "Wow, really?" Cullen began to clap sarcastically. "Congratulations, you're such a tough one. Bet all the blokes fall for you, eh?"

Billy was still mulling over what Lucifer was asking. "If there was a twist, how would I know about it?" he eventually said. "The being who possessed me... he's called the Demiurge. Possession makes me... uncomfortable, okay? But at least I am still myself. He's sort of just inhabiting my body, vaguely leading me... My point is, I don't have all the details. I was out of commission during the Coalition's war with the Revanchist, so whatever allies Revan has, I don't really know about them."

@Lucky @Josh @Ver @Crunch @Everybody
"And if I was gay, Cullen? Is there something wrong with gay people? "
View attachment 6375
Clark eyes just stood on Cullen for a bit.

"You don't have many friends, do you Cullen?"

Lucifer Morningstar

Lucifer looked over at him and mused himself for a second. " To be fair, possession is a very uncomfortable thing. It's why angels pick mortal guises nowadays as opposed to use a mortal. It's exahausting on everyone. Well, not knowing the details might be problematic, especially since most of us never fought Revan. Though-" He looked over at Clark for a moment. " You mentioned that we already lost? Does that imply you know some of the potential allies that Revan had or perhaps someone else in the groups does. You're welcome."

@Atomic Knight @Yun Lee @Josh
"If you want a go at me too, you're welcome to try," Cullen said, raising his arms and shrugging. He didn't like this girl much at all, acting like she was above all this. Cullen wasn't about to list off all the horrible rubbish he'd had to do throughout the years like they were against each other in some bloody misery competition.

iyvwBKR.png

"I don't really are what you've been through, girlie." Casually, Cullen extended one of the Glartrox's tentacles from his back so that it looped around his head. He eyed it with a bit of pride momentarily before fixing his gaze back to Jianyu. "There's usually more than meets the eye to most people. You don't know me and it's probably best for both of us we keep it that way."

@Yun Lee
Azura blinked. Why did he put such emphasis on it? What did he mean by that?

Besides, what did it really matter? Clark and her weren't necessarily friends, and he had at one point killed her. Either way, whatever anger she felt over it had long since faded into ash and smoke. She wasn't sure she had been angry about it much or not, outside of being forced to work for Umbrella again. It all worked out in the end, however, even if they found themselves fighting against yet another all powerful force.

"Time moved differently in my world...at least, it felt that way. Like days and months blurred together. It was a mess, trying to get things to be less chaotic." She answered, not delving into relationships and the like simply because she didn't want to share the details. She didn't want to try and explain the Deeprealms either, in all honesty.

Her gaze shifted to the side, a small thoughtful hum escaping her.

"I guess time differs with the world in question, I ended up in a different place for a while before ending up here, anyway." She muttered, almost under her breath.

Azura chuckled softly at Cullen's remark. The way Clark spoke of Lucio did sound that way.

Something Clark said caused Azura's light mood to turn slightly sour, a frown forming on her face again.

"'We lost'? You sound so sure, why exactly?" She asked
"I said we lost because, well? Look at this mess."
View attachment 6374
Clark turned away from Azura , staring at the emptiness.

"I know that, you and I? We're not, close, but as Lucifer said earlier; I'm not one normal to lose hope. But this?"

Clark points to the emptiness.

"We're all that's left, Azura. I want to say that's enough. But we had more last time, and that wasn't enough."

Moving back, Clark lightly puts his hand on Azura shoulder, forcing I smile out.

"But I'm ready to fight again if you are?" Also, while I'm here, sorry about, you know? What I did to you. I still have nightmares about it. About a lot of things that day. I'm willing to start new if you are"

@Capri @Ver @Gummi Bunnies @Crunch @Josh @Takumi @Lucky @Atomic Knight @Everyone

View attachment 6373

"Giorno...?!" Touma could only utter as it seemed Giorno had managed to get himself picked by the entity that Billy spoke of, evidently called the "Demiurge." It was just as well that Blake had to excuse himself to reunite with someone it seemed he knew. However, whatever sense of excitement or eagerness Touma's eyes held was quickly snuffed out as soon as the gangstar quickly asked what exactly even happened, as if asking the boy to recall his greatest failure yet.

"We... We couldn't stop Revan in time. I'm sorry," he said, hanging his head for a brief moment as though in shame, but forced himself to bring it up again just as quickly. He owed Giorno a look in the eyes if nothing else. "It's like Billy said. Sounds like he can connect with someone -- or something -- that exists beyond all of time and space, and it was that thing that managed to save us," Touma continued, resting his hands on his hips, gesturing toward Billy as he spoke to Giorno as though banking on the young mafioso to recall Billy from during the Othinus Incident. "Lucky us, huh?"

He gave a sad smile as he looked away for a moment, his eyes distant and pensive as he choked out a breath that almost sounded like a pathetic chuckle. "What was I calling misfortune all that time...?" He murmured to himself, as though recalling the monologue he had ended up spouting out when this had happened with Othinus.

In no time however, Touma shook his head and willed himself to clench his fist despite the circumstances, faced with no choice but to keep moving forward no matter what. Even if "forward" at this moment seemed to lead right into a brick wall. "But it's not too late. As long as we're all alive, there has to be some sliver of hope in restoring the multiverse again. That has to be the reason we're still here, after all."

That was his attempt at restoring his resolve at least. Before long, it seemed that the fraternizing from others had reached him as a young man that Touma recognized approached him and Giorno. "You... I remember you. You were there on Ash, right...?" He asked as Clark introduced himself, pursing his lip uneasily. "Guess that Demiurge knew how to pick 'em, at least. My name's Touma. Too bad we couldn't meet under better circumstances, but I guess it couldn't be helped."

As Clark in turn seemed to recognize Lucifer and Azura, it seemed there was more truth to Touma's words than he realized. "Friends of yours?"

@Josh @Capri @Crunch @Atomic Knight @Takumi @Lucky @Anybody

"We literally JUST settled this, grandpa. Thanks for adding your two cents after it fucking matters." Oh, look at Mister Hero! Swooping in and expecting his dick sucked for scolding them like children. God, everyone here fucking sucked ass. She needed to save the Multiverse now so she could go back to the only person who understood her.

@Sark @Atomic Knight
“And yet your foul attitude remains,” Thaal hissed, his eyes thinning. He tilted his head back a little, looking down upon the girl. “I won’t stand idle whilst a bratty, reality TV star potentially jeopardizes this mission with her emotional immaturity. If your failure to work acceptably alongside your peers costs us so much as a single life, you’ll answer to me directly. Your shoes could have been filled by an infinite number of more worthy individuals from across the multiverse. Act like you deserve the position fate has thrust upon you.”

@Yun Lee @Atomic Knight

Last edited:
"Oh my God, will you just shut up?! As if some old geezer like you even knows how to work a television!" Great. Just great. One ceasefire reached and not even two minutes later she's fighting someone else. "For fuck's sake, sorry I'm not bowing my head and weeping tears of joy at being chosen to do this shit! I know what the fuck I'm doing, okay?! I know how serious this shit is! I've got someone out there I'm going to protect with fucking everything I've got, and I'm going to make sure this doesn't all go to shit!"

She got up close to Sinestro now, getting into his face best she could. "You want me to get in line? Put my tail between my legs? Be a good girl? Guess what, asshole. My powers don't come from playing nice. I know I'm a fucking bitch, and because I am? Murderworld ended with a much lower body count than expected. So don't fucking preach to me about putting people in danger, or else YOU'RE the one who needs to watch his fucking concave ass!"

@Sark @Atomic Knight

"And if I was gay, Cullen? Is there something wrong with gay people? "
View attachment 6375
Clark eyes just stood on Cullen for a bit.

"You don't have many friends, do you Cullen?"

"I said we lost because, well? Look at this mess."
View attachment 6374
Clark turned away from Azura , staring at the emptiness.

"I know that, you and I? We're not, close, but as Lucifer said earlier; I'm not one normal to lose hope. But this?"

Clark points to the emptiness.

"We're all that's left, Azura. I want to say that's enough. But we had more last time, and that wasn't enough."

Moving back, Clark lightly puts his hand on Azura shoulder, forcing I smile out.

"But I'm ready to fight again if you are?" Also, while I'm here, sorry about, you know? What I did to you. I still have nightmares about it. About a lot of things that day. I'm willing to start new if you are"

@Capri @Ver @Gummi Bunnies @Crunch @Josh @Takumi @Lucky @Atomic Knight @Everyone

She glanced down at his hand momentarily, then to his face. No, they hadn't been close, and she couldn't say that an unlikely friendship would come out if this series of events. She could handle simply having common ground to stand on and moving on from their roles as Traitors.

"I'm always ready to fight when I need to, and this?" She motioned to the nothingness around them, the crushing darkness.

"This can be fixed, we have the chance to fix it. This war isn't over and it won't be over until Revan is defeated and the multiverse is back the way it should be." Azura replied. Or, she thought, they all fell into stasis or met their deaths.

It probably didn't need to be said, so she'd keep that bit to herself. As Clark brought up her own death, she glanced away, side eyeing the darkness as a moment of silence settled between them, a thoughtful look on her face.

"I kept it in the back of my mind for a while, trying not to think of it. I don't remember it well, really, but I don't remember any pain." She responded, gaze returning to Clark. It felt like so long ago.

d277729633ccf38c8ad550a19981a0ff631182a5.jpg

When Touma asked if she and Lucifer were friends of Clarks, she smiled in amusement.

"No, not necessarily friends. Acquaintances at best, I suppose." She shrugged.

“And yet your foul attitude remains,” Thaal hissed, his eyes thinning. He tilted his head back a little, looking down upon the girl. “I won’t stand idle whilst a bratty, reality TV star potentially jeopardises this mission with her emotional immaturity. If your failure to work acceptably alongside your peers costs us so much as a single life, you’ll answer to me directly. Your shoes could have been filled by an infinite number of more worthy individuals from across the multiverse. Act like you deserve the position fate has thrust upon you.”

@Yun Lee @Atomic Knight

"Oh my God, will you just shut up?! As if some old geezer like you even knows how to work a television!" Great. Just great. One ceasefire reached and not even two minutes later she's fighting someone else. "For fuck's sake, sorry I'm not bowing my head and weeping tears of joy at being chosen to do this shit! I know what the fuck I'm doing, okay?! I know how serious this shit is! I've got someone out there I'm going to protect with fucking everything I've got, and I'm going to make sure this doesn't all go to shit!"

She got up close to Sinestro now, getting into his face best she could. "You want me to get in line? Put my tail between my legs? Be a good girl? Guess what, asshole. My powers don't come from playing nice. I know I'm a fucking bitch, and because I am? Murderworld ended with a much lower body count than expected. So don't fucking preach to me about putting people in danger, or else YOU'RE the one who needs to watch his fucking concave ass!"

@Sark @Atomic Knight

At the sounds of Sinestro and Jianyu butting heads, Azura moved. She didn't move to stand between them, though she considered it for half a second. She wouldn't, she didn't know them, or whatever they were talking about in regards to reality tee-vee, but infighting didn't get them anywhere.

721337aa245ef8d1e2e043a3d23bc5ae4c81624d.jpg

"That's enough, you've both said your piece. Leave it at that, we don't need anymore infighting than there already was." She spoke firmly, calm as the seconds ticked by.

@Sark @Yun Lee @Josh @Lucky @Ver @Atomic Knight

Cullen rolled his eyes at whatever Thaal had to say. He didn't need to be lectured for the third time when it was the chick who started it to begin with. He kept on his unimpressed look as Clark spoke next, though it took Cullen a moment to register what he even said,

"Oh." The boy barked out a sudden laugh. "Clark, mate, nice try, but I'm gay. Though if you want to have a heart-to-heart about your budding relationship with Lucio, I'm not the bloke to have it with." His expression soured again though and he turned away from Clark. "... I'm also not the kind of bloke who needs mates."

The budding argument between Thaal and Jianyu happened to pique Cullen's interest then and he zeroed in his focus on them. Talk of reality TV and then... Murderworld? "Excuse me," Cullen said, his voice almost sounding hollow. His hands balled into fists and his eyes seemed to suddenly give off an intense, hateful gaze. Despite Azura's pleas, Cullen stalked forward and got in-between the bickering pair in order to get right in Jianyu's face.

glLXzSg.png

"What was that about Murderworld?"

@Sark @Yun Lee @Josh @Takumi

"You want me to get in line? Put my tail between my legs? Be a good girl? Guess what, asshole. My powers don't come from playing nice."
"Nor do mine," Sinestro furrowed his brow and folded his arms. He didn't flinch. He didn't cower. No matter how much Jianyu infrined on his personal space, he barely reacted to her changing position. "Only it's apparent that I have an ability you lack: Self control. I can control myself when I am in the company of allies. I know when threats of violence are necessary and when they simply make one look unstable."
View attachment 6377
"I'm not asking you to cheer. I'm not asking you to howl or cry or winge. I'm asking you to act like the big-bad adult you so desperately want us to believe that you are, instead of this kid-in-her-fathers-clothes that you're making yourself out to be. I will continued to 'preach' to you until you learn. I will continue to stand in opposition to this tantrum until you cease to endanger the few souls who remain alive and free in this whole blasted multiverse--"
At the sounds of Sinestro and Jianyu butting heads, Azura moved. She didn't move to stand between them, though she considered it for half a second. She wouldn't, she didn't know them, or whatever they were talking about in regards to reality tee-vee, but infighting didn't get them anywhere.

"That's enough, you've both said your piece. Leave it at that, we don't need anymore infighting than there already was." She spoke firmly, calm as the seconds ticked by.

"No, I don't think I have," Thaal replied, refusing to pull his eyes away from Jianyu. "I shan't be threatened by the likes of her. If she wishes to throw her weight around, it's high time she acted upon her primal impulses. If she wishes to hurt me, she better do so now," The Yellow Lantern leaned down towards the Doll and threw his arms wide. "...so that we don't have to worry about any knives in our backs in the near future. If you're going to point a knife at me, girl, you better be prepared to drive it through me heart. So you can here I am. Hit me. Let's see if that makes you feel any better. Let's see if it soothes you swollen ego, or lets out a little bit of that pent up self-hate. Let's see if it makes the Multiverse any less dead."

"
Or, you can do the mature thing. And get. Back. In. Line."

@Yun Lee @Takumi @Atomic Knight

Jianyu just raised her index finger at Sinestro as if to tell him to hold on. Suddenly Cullen was getting interesting. "Yeah, Murderworld. I was there, with my big sis and a whole bunch of other assholes. One of them was every bit as British, loud, and short as you. My powers weren't shit until Arcade dragged me onto his second rate show and got Xiayu killed, but I made sure the fucker paid for it, and paid HARD."

@Atomic Knight @Sark @Takumi

VAx0iRM.png

❝ Yeah... you can say that again. When I said that I was going to surprise you with a sightseeing trip, this wasn't it. ❞ Blake joked at the sudden change in plans. No use in panicking big time when things are on the line again. Running his fingers through her hair, Blake reminded himself that Senna was more than capable of holding her own. It was more of the fact that she was vulnerable when it was just her on her lonesome.

Blake knew that very well, he was one of the few to know that about Senna.

The ways of the multiverse were strange even in disastrous circumstances, allowing them to stick together like this. A miracle, even.

❝ And you're well aware that if I was on my own, I would get myself in a boatload of trouble. Accident-prone and all that. Anyways, guess we have our... work cut out for us. ❞ The ravenette laughed nervously as he spotted what was practically conflict within their band of misfits taking place right now. Some beef between the more hot-headed and vocal of the group. Something about Murderworld. Yeah, he was missing a lot of context here.

@Capri @Ver @Neko Shogun @Crunch @Josh @Lucky @Atomic Knight
@Everyone

View attachment 6373

"Giorno...?!" Touma could only utter as it seemed Giorno had managed to get himself picked by the entity that Billy spoke of, evidently called the "Demiurge." It was just as well that Blake had to excuse himself to reunite with someone it seemed he knew. However, whatever sense of excitement or eagerness Touma's eyes held was quickly snuffed out as soon as the gangstar quickly asked what exactly even happened, as if asking the boy to recall his greatest failure yet.

"We... We couldn't stop Revan in time. I'm sorry," he said, hanging his head for a brief moment as though in shame, but forced himself to bring it up again just as quickly. He owed Giorno a look in the eyes if nothing else. "It's like Billy said. Sounds like he can connect with someone -- or something -- that exists beyond all of time and space, and it was that thing that managed to save us," Touma continued, resting his hands on his hips, gesturing toward Billy as he spoke to Giorno as though banking on the young mafioso to recall Billy from during the Othinus Incident. "Lucky us, huh?"

He gave a sad smile as he looked away for a moment, his eyes distant and pensive as he choked out a breath that almost sounded like a pathetic chuckle. "What was I calling misfortune all that time...?" He murmured to himself, as though recalling the monologue he had ended up spouting out when this had happened with Othinus.

In no time however, Touma shook his head and willed himself to clench his fist despite the circumstances, faced with no choice but to keep moving forward no matter what. Even if "forward" at this moment seemed to lead right into a brick wall. "But it's not too late. As long as we're all alive, there has to be some sliver of hope in restoring the multiverse again. That has to be the reason we're still here, after all."

That was his attempt at restoring his resolve at least. Before long, it seemed that the fraternizing from others had reached him as a young man that Touma recognized approached him and Giorno. "You... I remember you. You were there on Ash, right...?" He asked as Clark introduced himself, pursing his lip uneasily. "Guess that Demiurge knew how to pick 'em, at least. My name's Touma. Too bad we couldn't meet under better circumstances, but I guess it couldn't be helped."

As Clark in turn seemed to recognize Lucifer and Azura, it seemed there was more truth to Touma's words than he realized. "Friends of yours?"

@Josh @Capri @Crunch @Atomic Knight @Takumi @Lucky @Anybody

"Billy!"

Giorno recognized Billy Kaplan's voice as soon as he piped up, turning slightly to match the warlock's measured stare. Though they never got the chance to speak more personally, it would be a disservice to forget the allies who aided him in the Othinus incident. The gangster almost cracked a slight smile at the two familiar faces had Touma and Billy not continued on with their explanation. Any hope for a grin in the darkness died with Touma's admittance, Giorno bowing his head as well.

"Right. I understand. I was on Knowhere when it happened. I had hoped to help in any way I could, but I couldn't risk engaging Revan head-on and risk losing the Arrow again. At the same time, without Requiem, there'd be no chance to stop what Revan was planning to do. So I chose to remain on Knowhere. Everything was suddenly hot, and... well, here I am."

Any normal person would have been mortified by the realization. This was just the second time that Giorno Giovanna has been told that everyone he knows is either dead, erased, or rewritten to despise him. It didn't hit as hard as it did the first time around, but it was no less a moment to catch the gravity of the situation.

... I hope Jotaro had a chance to spend time with Jolyne. I hope... Fugo and Mista and Trish...

View attachment 6379

"... So this is the end of the path, then," he said absentmindedly, his eyes now cast off to the side. "The path that we'd been set on since we first started looking for Othinus and my father. Nothing has ever been easy for any of us, but it wouldn't be the first time we've overcome an enemy like this."

The embers of resolve filled his eyes. There was no time to dwell in the past and the consequences of their failure. The only thing left to grasp was the future. The young don clasped a hand on Touma's shoulder, shooting a nod of confidence to the boy.

View attachment 6380

"You're a good person, Touma Kamijou. I know what you're thinking, and it wasn't your fault," he said knowingly. Suppose it was just the gang-star way to read people like books. "Whatever we decide to do from here, there is nowhere else for us to go but forward. We'll see this dark, winding path to the gold at the end, just like we did before. Remember that."

Truthfully, Giorno was saying that to himself much as he was saying it to his friend. It took the spoken word to keep himself focused. Something he might've inherited from him, perhaps. Giorno's train of thought was thrown off the rails as a pair of hands suddenly extended in his direction. He looked at the two men - the smaller one being Gentaro, and the larger one being Clark. The don nodded to both of them, offering a firm - almost professional - handshake to each.

It seemed like an instinct at this point. Formality is the difference between a trusted associate and a disrespectful coglione.

"Ah, salve. My name is Giorno. Giorno Giovanna. I... wish we'd be meeting in better circumstances, but I'll take whatever allies I can ge--"

@Sark @Atomic Knight
She glanced down at his hand momentarily, then to his face. No, they hadn't been close, and she couldn't say that an unlikely friendship would come out if this series of events. She could handle simply having common ground to stand on and moving on from their roles as Traitors.

"I'm always ready to fight when I need to, and this?" She motioned to the nothingness around them, the crushing darkness.

"This can be fixed, we have the chance to fix it. This war isn't over and it won't be over until Revan is defeated and the multiverse is back the way it should be." Azura replied. Or, she thought, they all fell into stasis or met their deaths.

It probably didn't need to be said, so she'd keep that bit to herself. As Clark brought up her own death, she glanced away, side eyeing the darkness as a moment of silence settled between them, a thoughtful look on her face.

"I kept it in the back of my mind for a while, trying not to think of it. I don't remember it well, really, but I don't remember any pain." She responded, gaze returning to Clark. It felt like so long ago.

d277729633ccf38c8ad550a19981a0ff631182a5.jpg

When Touma asked if she and Lucifer were friends of Clarks, she smiled in amusement.

"No, not necessarily friends. Acquaintances at best, I suppose." She shrugged.

721337aa245ef8d1e2e043a3d23bc5ae4c81624d.jpg

Cullen rolled his eyes at whatever Thaal had to say. He didn't need to be lectured for the third time when it was the chick who started it to begin with. He kept on his unimpressed look as Clark spoke next, though it took Cullen a moment to register what he even said,

"Oh." The boy barked out a sudden laugh. "Clark, mate, nice try, but I'm gay. Though if you want to have a heart-to-heart about your budding relationship with Lucio, I'm not the bloke to have it with." His expression soured again though and he turned away from Clark. "... I'm also not the kind of bloke who needs mates."

The budding argument between Thaal and Jianyu happened to pique Cullen's interest then and he zeroed in his focus on them. Talk of reality TV and then... Murderworld? "Excuse me," Cullen said, his voice almost sounding hollow. His hands balled into fists and his eyes seemed to suddenly give off an intense, hateful gaze. Despite Azura's pleas, Cullen stalked forward and got in-between the bickering pair in order to get right in Jianyu's face.

glLXzSg.png

"What was that about Murderworld?"

@Sark @Yun Lee @Josh @Takumi
"Nor do mine," Sinestro furrowed his brow and folded his arms. He didn't flinch. He didn't cower. No matter how much Jianyu infrined on his personal space, he barely reacted to her changing position. "Only it's apparent that I have an ability you lack: Self control. I can control myself when I am in the company of allies. I know when threats of violence are necessary and when they simply make one look unstable."
View attachment 6377
"I'm not asking you to cheer. I'm not asking you to howl or cry or winge. I'm asking you to act like the big-bad adult you so desperately want us to believe that you are, instead of this kid-in-her-fathers-clothes that you're making yourself out to be. I will continued to 'preach' to you until you learn. I will continue to stand in opposition to this tantrum until you cease to endanger the few souls who remain alive and free in this whole blasted multiverse--"

"No, I don't think I have,"
Thaal replied, refusing to pull his eyes away from Jianyu. "I shan't be threatened by the likes of her. If she wishes to throw her weight around, it's high time she acted upon her primal impulses. If she wishes to hurt me, she better do so now," The Yellow Lantern leaned down towards the Doll and threw his arms wide. "...so that we don't have to worry about any knives in our backs in the near future. If you're going to point a knife at me, girl, you better be prepared to drive it through me heart. So you can here I am. Hit me. Let's see if that makes you feel any better. Let's see if it soothes you swollen ego, or lets out a little bit of that pent up self-hate. Let's see if it makes the Multiverse any less dead."

"
Or, you can do the mature thing. And get. Back. In. Line."

Before Giorno could say more, it seemed as if Clark had been caught up in a fight with the other 'chosen' among them. A quiet, less-than-pleased sigh escaped the boss' lips. It was like he was back in his first multiverse venture; standing in an endless void with a bunch of people who hate each other.

View attachment 6378

"Good grief."

@Sark @Yun Lee @Josh @Takumi @Atomic Knight @Ver @Capri @Whoever

Jianyu just raised her index finger at Sinestro as if to tell him to hold on. Suddenly Cullen was getting interesting. "Yeah, Murderworld. I was there, with my big sis and a whole bunch of other assholes. One of them was every bit as British, loud, and short as you. My powers weren't shit until Arcade dragged me onto his second rate show and got Xiayu killed, but I made sure the fucker paid for it, and paid HARD."

@Atomic Knight @Sark @Takumi
At long last. She had reeling in her tantrum.
"Take all the time you need," Thaal nodded with a smarmy smiled. He called forth a golden, hard-light throne from the depths of his ring.
View attachment 6382
"I'm more than happy to wait."
Jianyu had stopped cursing him out, at least for a minute. The Yellow Lantern considered this to be an absolute victory.

Cullen knew it was a big multiverse out there. Really, it was practically a given that some other version of the Murderworld he went through had been repeated sometime, somewhere. Some part of Cullen knew this was hardly a big deal at all, yet still he felt his anger rise. How dare she, he thought. That was supposed to be Cullen's experience-- Cullen's pain-- not hers.

"Is that why you think you're strong, huh? Because some arsehole put you through a death game?" Cullen was glaring Jianyu down. Another Glartrox tentacle exited his back and hovered above them. "You think you're special? It happened to me too, you know." Cullen closed his eyes for a moment. "Arcade's really one hell of a cunt."

Billy gave Giorno an apologetic look before floating over toward the bickering group. "Guys, I'm all for getting this stuff out of the way before the important bits, but am I going to have to step in here?"

Cullen didn't answer at first. He continued to stare the girl down, looking as if about to strike. "It's fine, mate," he eventually said, backing off a bit. He thought the idea that Jianyu had made Arcade pay would upset him, but it didn't. If anything, it just made him feel melancholy, bringing up too many memories to deal with at the moment.

VOneZgW.png

"... You'll have to tell me about what you did sometime. We'll swap stories."

@Sark @Yun Lee @Josh @Takumi @Crunch @Ver

"You're telling me." Christ, small Multiverse, huh? To think that someone else went through that, too. Then again, Arcade had mentioned that he'd ran one before, right at the start, right? Honestly it was...nice, having something in common with someone here. Even if it was this kid. Though it kind of explained...a lot. "Guess we can thank him for us being such lovely people, yeah?" She smiled joylessly, not sure if there was more to say. "...he cried at the end. I dunno if that's any consolation to you, but that helps me sleep at night."

@Atomic Knight @Sark @Takumi @Crunch

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back