Status
Not open for further replies.
GENTARO KISARAGI
@Atomic Knight @Ver @Jeremi @Ottonomous Ghost
@Everyone Else

The mild quarrel happening nearby reset his train of thought, causing him to rush over. "Now, now! There's no need for violence!" he said worriedly, rummaging through one of his pockets.

siegbrau.png

"How about a nice toast?"

“I’m underage, y’know?” Gentaro said, turning down the drink.

"Training of the body and mind, of course!" Biscuit replied in a cheeky fashion. "If you have the drive you can do anything really."
It was almost as if at this moment, Gentaro just remembered that she’s from another world.

“You’re a... you’re a w-w-witch?” Gentaro asked, stepping back a little.

He’s afraid of witches.​

Awkwardly smiling, The young man of steel obliged his elder.
View attachment 6415
"Okay, Bisky….."

Noticing , the floating yellow-glowing man. Clark couldn't help but get a bad feeling from him. Still near Giorno and his ally, Clark gestured towards Thaal, as he spoke the men.

View attachment 6417

"Are either one of you getting as bad of feeling from him as I am? Something's not sitting well with me."

@Sark @Lucky @Jeremi @Takumi @Ver @Crunch @Atomic Knight

Her face seemed to lit up even more as Clark called her by the nickname. "See? There are still some people around who know how they should act."

GENTARO KISARAGI
@Atomic Knight @Ver @Jeremi @Ottonomous Ghost @Everyone Else

It was almost as if at this moment, Gentaro just remembered that she’s from another world.

He’s afraid of witches.

"Hey! Who are you calling a witch?" That serenity that Clark's words had given melted away at Gentaro's name-calling. "I'm a pretty princess! Not some witch."

@Sark @Josh @Atomic Knight @Ver @Jeremi @Ottonomous Ghost @Everyone Else

"Are you fearful of witches, young man? That's not an entirely insensible attitude. Yet it seems that with all at stake, a powerful witch or two can only be useful."

GENTARO KISARAGI
@Atomic Knight @Ver @Jeremi @Ottonomous Ghost @Indigo Al @Crunch @EveryoneElse

"Hey! Who are you calling a witch?" That serenity that Clark's words had given melted away at Gentaro's name-calling. "I'm a pretty princess! Not some witch."

"But... but... you're 57 but you look way younger! You said you trained for that! Don't witches train their magic? You're a witch! You use magic!"

"Are you fearful of witches, young man? That's not an entirely insensible attitude. Yet it seems that with all at stake, a powerful witch or two can only be useful."

"Yes! I am!" Gentaro blurted out, stepping away from Biscuit & Langa, and stepping closer to Touma & Giorno.​

Lucifer Morningstar

Lucifer looked over at him and just smiled. " It's been a long time since I have heard that version of my name, I am not so sure that it is a honor." he replied, wondering if he was going to summon some alcohol and was disappointed when he couldn't get any. He took a deep breath and knew that it was better to be careful with how much he drank. The last thing he needed was to get drunk, even though it was difficult for him to do.

He looked over at Gentaro. "
And what exactly would you call what you can do?"

Lucifer would turn back to Clark. " Oh yeah, that guy is 1000% evil. I can just tell by the way he can carry himself."

@Capri @Josh @Indigo Al @Jeremi @Atomic Knight @Sark

Siegward of Catarina
@Ottonomous Ghost @Jeremi @Sark @Capri @Atomic Knight @Takumi @Lucky @anyone

"Really?" The Yellow Lantern hummed in disbelief. "You slept through all... I see..."
1590505113881.png

Thaal pursed his lips and tensed his brow. Now this man truly was a curious creature. At least he'd called him 'Sir'. At last. Someone who knew his place. He lowered his voice so that only his immediate 'allies' could hear him.
"In short, the lives of everyone you've ever known and loved rests in the hands of our enemies. The world you once knew had been wiped from existence. Only this... rock remains. The random hand fate has selected us to try to restore things to the way they once were. As for our present company:
He pointed towards Jianyu. "She's worth keeping an eye on. Emotional. Reckless. Threatened me within the first 2 minutes of our arrival. In fairness, I was interfering in one of her many rock-headed spats with her fellow survivors."

He pointed towards Biscuit. "Bipolar. Two faced. She'll scream at you one moment and smile at you the next. Watch your tongue around her."
He pointed towards Cullen. "Venomous. Bullheaded. A little too similar to Jianyu, though I doubt either will ever admit to it."

He pointed towards Wiccan. "He's our self-appointed leader. He seems to know the most about what's going on out of all of us. Or, at least, he has shared the most out of all of us."

He nodded towards Azura. "And this woman is part dragon, or so she claims."

"And I am Thaal Sinestro. Master of Fear and Order. And, perhaps, one of three stable souls present. In summary, we're a band of misfits with clashing personalities and a lacking history of working well with others. As of this moment, our odds of success are slim, and they're growing slimmer with each passing argument. Welcome to the 'Resistance', Savior of the Multiverse. And who might you be?"
The knight's gaze turned to the ground as he gained all of this new information. So it was true; this was another multiversal event. Only, it was much, much worse. Siegward could hardly comprehend a power that could wipe almost everything out. He looked into the darkness that surrounded him and chuckled nervously. The reality of the situation dawned on him, of course, but it wasn't too unfamiliar to him. After all, his own world's flame had been dying out anyway. But he felt his chest tighten as his new mantle, 'Savior of the Multiverse,' was branded upon him much like his Unkindled fate. Defeating the Lords of Cinder suddenly seemed like child's play if outside forces have taken hold of reality itself. Was it even worth it to continue fighting if everything always crumbled before him...?

He shook his head. He musn't give up hope. "W-well!," Siegward spoke up in protest of Sinestro's criticisms, "There's no need to be so judgemental! Perhaps we're all a little bit stressed. This is quite a pickle indeed, hahaha..."

He blinked as Sinestro talked of his title of Master of Fear and Order. Bowing, the knight replied, "I am Siegward, a proud knight of Catarina. I am honored to be of your acquaintance, Mr. Sinestro."

"Nonsense! Everyone deserves a drink in these trying times!" he replied jollily.​
Lucifer stared for a moment as someone woke up from a nap. Honestly, most of the time he could care less about new people. " Excuse me, is that some more alcohol you produced out of your pocket? My own supply is running low, would you mind sharing some of yours?" He shook the flask to demonstrate it was 1/4 full.
"Ah, of course!" Siegward exclaimed, excitedly handing Lucifer a fresh mug.
"How strong is that?" Biscuit asked pointing at the pitcher. "Not that it matters. I don't usually drink the heavy stuff. Ask me again when this is all over and we have a reason to celebrate."
The knight smiled sadly. "Hmmm, well it is quite strong. We of Catarina have a very refined brew," he responded, "Very well. I shall remind you when we ultimately vanquish our enemies!"

He turned back to Lucifer and raised his tankard before taking a swig. "To our intertwined fates! Long may the sun shine!"

Last edited:
Cullen snorted at Biscuit. He was hardly impressed.

"Just what we needed, an old woman masquerading as a child. Cheers, mate." He shrugged this off and regarded what Thaal had to say about him. "Venomous, eh? You don't even know the half of it." The boy smirked a bit at this.

New9bLU.png

It was then that Billy took notice of the conversation between Gentaro and the others. He floated a bit between them and held out his hands in a placating manner. "Hey now, magic's nothing to be afraid of," he said, feeling a bit hurt at the sentiment. "We're all obviously going to be very different... and I understand how it might be... particularly concerning to be thrown into all this without knowing about the kinds of people that exist in other worlds, but that's why we all need an open mind."

"He's only saying that because he's basically considered a witch," Cullen quipped, but Billy ignored it.

@Capri @Sark @Indigo Al @Jeremi @Ottonomous Ghost

Lucifer said:
Lucifer looked over at him and just smiled. " It's been a long time since I have heard that version of my name, I am not so sure that it is a honor." he replied, wondering if he was going to summon some alcohol and was disappointed when he couldn't get any.

Doctor Langa kept silent. A failed offering to a loa was bad luck indeed. Perhaps his less than friendly dealings with Satanists back in his world were somehow an issue for this avatar of Baron Carrefour. If his experiences taught him anything, it was that to be silent and learn all you can is the beginning to some measure of victory...

Wiccan said:
It was then that Billy took notice of the conversation between Gentaro and the others. He floated a bit between them and held out his hands in a placating manner. "Hey now, magic's nothing to be afraid of," he said, feeling a bit hurt at the sentiment. "We're all obviously going to be very different... and I understand how it might be... particularly concerning to be thrown into all this without knowing about the kinds of people that exist in other worlds, but that's why we all need an open mind."

"Wiccan, is that what they call you, young man? Blessed be. I am Doctor Langa. Many of you seem to know each other, but I am a stranger here. How do we stop this madness from overtaking our worlds?"

@Lucky @Atomic Knight @everyone

At first, Billy smiled at the man known as Doctor Langa, then he tilted his head slightly as he thought on what to say in response to him. "You don't have to refer to me as Wiccan," he said, "but it's all the same I guess." He paused then and crossed his arms. "At the end of the day, we have to stop the man behind all this. We need to build our roster and disrupt what he's already done. I'll try my best to lead us, I promise."

UFseHrC.png

"It's... crazy, I know. If I think about what's been lost and what's at stake for very long, I feel like I might explode, honestly. There are people not here that I seriously wish were." Billy winced slightly but carried on quickly. "But if we're not strong, we'll fail. That's how it is."

@Indigo Al

At first, Billy smiled at the man known as Doctor Langa, then he tilted his head slightly as he thought on what to say in response to him. "You don't have to refer to me as Wiccan," he said, "but it's all the same I guess." He paused then and crossed his arms. "At the end of the day, we have to stop the man behind all this. We need to build our roster and disrupt what he's already done. I'll try my best to lead us, I promise."

UFseHrC.png

"It's... crazy, I know. If I think about what's been lost and what's at stake for very long, I feel like I might explode, honestly. There are people not here that I seriously wish were." Billy winced slightly but carried on quickly. "But if we're not strong, we'll fail. That's how it is."

"Names have power over their subject, as many magicians know. But if you are comfortable revealing that much, then Billy it is. And what you say is wise indeed. But what do you know of the man behind this? What forces does he command, or is he allied with?"

GENTARO KISARAGI
@Atomic Knight @Ver @Jeremi @Ottonomous Ghost @Indigo Al @Crunch @EveryoneElse

"But... but... you're 57 but you look way younger! You said you trained for that! Don't witches train their magic? You're a witch! You use magic!"

"Yes! I am!"
Gentaro blurted out, stepping away from Biscuit & Langa, and stepping closer to Touma & Giorno.​

7K12AHN.png

"I told you!" Biscuit's tempered seemed to flare up at Gentaro's remarks. "I'm not a witch and I don't use magic. Honestly kids these days. Things don't just appear out of thin air you know?"

Cullen snorted at Biscuit. He was hardly impressed.

"Just what we needed, an old woman masquerading as a child. Cheers, mate." He shrugged this off and regarded what Thaal had to say about him. "Venomous, eh? You don't even know the half of it." The boy smirked a bit at this.

New9bLU.png

"He's only saying that because he's basically considered a witch," Cullen quipped, but Billy ignored it.

"You wish you'd look as perfect as me at my age." Biscuit replied with a pout at Cullen. She was always happy to be the center of attention but not like this...and it was unwise to beat the crap out of these people since she had no clue what they could do. Nen-users or not. If they were here that had to mean they had some other form of powers that they could use.

Triss thought back to Caer Morhen and the Witchers. To Yennefer, Dandelion, and Geralt. They were all dysfunctional, but they managed to fight and be heroes in their own way.

"One way or another we'll figure it out." Triss said, shaking her head. She looked towards Kite and Mason.

Triss had cared for Ciri back at Caer Morhen. If there was a child here, especially if they had magic or some similar power, Triss would also take up that mantle with Mason, for training and protection. This would be another pilgrimage, another trial.

"Indeed. If you need any help learning, I'd be glad to teach." Triss said, offering a smile.

@mintyy @Alex Azure @Anyone around, I guess?​
Azure Kite

Kite blinked up at Mason owlishly. "Big... bad guy..." he echoed. Mason's words gave him the shove in the right direction, and he now had a clear goal in his mind.

To beat the lights out of this big bad guy, whoever he was.

He accepted his hand and stood back up. As an Azure Knight, showing such weakness was shameful. Kite slapped himself. Hard.

"It's... okay."

He wished he could put his gratitude into words, but alas, talking had never been his strong suit as it had been underdeveloped even when he was an AI. He wanted to tell them that he wasn't some defenseless kid.

Then, he was struck with a sudden realization. If he was in a completely different world, would his powers even work...?

He took a deep breath and closed his eyes, channeling all of his energy into the palm of his hands. They began to glow a bright, blinding yellow. Slowly, he drew his daggers. It took him all of his focus, but after a few seconds, he finally susucceeded.

View attachment 6398

Emtpy Skies, the daggers he'd been programmed with, were gripped tightly in his hands.

Had he been back in The World, summoning his weapon could've been done easily. This was going to take a some getting used to, along with his strange new body.

He nodded his head, returning Triss' smile with his own, smaller one.

"I can fight... Do not worry..."

Mason Moretti
@Minerva @mintyy @anyone I guess

Mason's eyes lit up like a Christmas tree after seeing Kite summon his weapons. He bent down to put himself at the level of the daggers and gazed at them intensely. "There we go! Looks like you're got some cool weapons. Do they have names? Or any special powers with them?" Mason's hands glowed with aura. He was about to try to form models of the daggers himself, but the gravity of the situation hit him very quickly. His excitement lasted only a moment. He stood back up and cleared his throat. He tried to restore a more mature appearance, to little success.

He looked over to Triss and tried to explain himself. "Um... Gotta keep spirits up, right? Celebrate tiny victories? Our powers still work, so we have something to fight back with. It's pretty terrifying to be in a universe where powers don't work. So I'm happy for us." He put his hands behind his head and gave Triss a sheepish, yet nervous, smile.​

Lucifer Morningstar

“ Thank you for the drink,”
he replied taking the mug and then proceeding to carefully dump the content into his flask. It took a minute, but it was worth it. He looked over at the Doctor and realized his phrasing could be misunderstood. “ Also, I guess I should specify that the lack of honor has nothing to do with you, but my own self-worth and past sins and not your failed offering.”

@Ottonomous Ghost @Indigo Al

GENTARO KISARAGI
@Atomic Knight @Ver @Crunch @Jeremi @Indigo Al @Ottonomous Ghost @Lucky
@Everyone Else

He looked over at Gentaro. "And what exactly would you call what you can do?"

"It ain't magic! It's Cosmic Energy! It's the power of Space itself!" Gentaro shouted, instinctively defensive.

"Witches curse people with their magic! How can I not be afraid of that!" he said, his mind flickering back to the fight with the Ara Zodiarts, who was channeling her Cosmic Energy into pendants, so that her followers could use magic.

"What if... what if she curses me?" he whimpered.

"I told you!" Biscuit's tempered seemed to flare up at Gentaro's remarks. "I'm not a witch and I don't use magic. Honestly kids these days. Things don't just appear out of thin air you know?"

"AAAAHHH! DON'T CURSE ME!!!" Gentaro shouted at Biscuit.​

GENTARO KISARAGI
@Atomic Knight @Ver @Crunch @Jeremi @Indigo Al @Ottonomous Ghost @Lucky
@Everyone Else

"It ain't magic! It's Cosmic Energy! It's the power of Space itself!" Gentaro shouted, instinctively defensive.

"Witches curse people with their magic! How can I not be afraid of that!" he said, his mind flickering back to the fight with the Ara Zodiarts, who was channeling her Cosmic Energy into pendants, so that her followers could use magic.

"What if... what if she curses me?" he whimpered.

"AAAAHHH! DON'T CURSE ME!!!" Gentaro shouted at Biscuit.​

721337aa245ef8d1e2e043a3d23bc5ae4c81624d.jpg

"Calm down, and take a deep breath." Azura spoke up, looking to Gentaro. She frowned, but tried not to be too demanding in her tone.

"Look at it this way, Billy has magic and from what Cullen said he's practically a witch, yet he hasn't used it to hurt or curse you yet brought you here to help. Bisky hasn't used whatever abilities she possesses to hurt or curse you either. We're all allies here, right? They don't intend to curse you." She tried to reason in a gentle manner, hands held up in an attempt to placate him.

@Atomic Knight @Ver @Capri @Josh @Lucky @Sark @Jeremi @Yun Lee @Everyone

Last edited:
"How strong is that?" Biscuit asked pointing at the pitcher. "Not that it matters. I don't usually drink the heavy stuff. Ask me again when this is all over and we have a reason to celebrate."

Damn that was a fairly good, if rude, assessment. "Well good thing we're on the same side then isn't it?" Biscuit asked Sinestro giving him a look over. "You're right, as we are we're not going to survive. Right now we'll just have to get all of this out of our systems so that we can start forming a unit. Don't you agree, Mr Sinestro?"
"Hmm, yes," Sinestro chirped, a smarmy smirk glued to his lips. "It's awfully good for you, isn't it?"
View attachment 6429
"Believe me when I say that getting my feelings out is something I excel at. Such a shame that effective armies do not run on self expression alone. We shall simply have to place our trust in discipline and do everything in our power to ensure that order wins the day..."

"The family's blood pact with dragons hasn't given me the ability to turn into one, I'm afraid." Azura spoke up as Sinestro pointed to her, a bit of snark and amusement in her tone. Turning into a dragon seemed more trouble than it was worth, really.

"Perhaps it's for the best, besides it's a rather large multiverse out there." She hummed thoughtfully. Granted, she never thought to try or anything like that.

@Sark @Lucky @Josh @Everyone
"Oh, now that is a shame..." Thaal slowly closed his fingers around his construct dragon. Ribbons of light rippled out from between his fingers as the hard-light construct dissipated. "A fearsome dragon of our own would surely be useful in times like these. A beast like that would put the Fear of God in Revan's heart, of that I have no doubts... no matter..." The Yellow Lantern returned his fingers empty to the arm of his chair. He started to strum again.
Noticing , the floating yellow-glowing man. Clark couldn't help but get a bad feeling from him. Still near Giorno and his ally, Clark gestured towards Thaal, as he spoke the men.

"Are either one of you getting as bad of feeling from him as I am? Something's not sitting well with me."

" Oh yeah, that guy is 1000% evil. I can just tell by the way he can carry himself."
Feeling Clark's eyes upon him, Thaal slowly rotated his chair to give to Kryptonian a look of his own. He raised his construct glass in a mock-toast.
Pfft. 'Evil'. What a boring, binary analysis...
The knight's gaze turned to the ground as he gained all of this new information. So it was true; this was another multiversal event. Only, it was much, much worse. Siegward could hardly comprehend a power that could wipe almost everything out. He looked into the darkness that surrounded him and chuckled nervously. The reality of the situation dawned on him, of course, but it wasn't too unfamiliar to him. After all, his own world's flame had been dying out anyway. But he felt his chest tighten as his new mantle, 'Savior of the Multiverse,' was branded upon him much like his Unkindled fate. Defeating the Lords of Cinder suddenly seemed like child's play if outside forces have taken hold of reality itself. Was it even worth it to continue fighting if everything always crumbled before him...?

He shook his head. He musn't give up hope. "W-well!," Siegward spoke up in protest of Sinestro's criticisms, "There's no need to be so judgemental! Perhaps we're all a little bit stressed. This is quite a pickle indeed, hahaha..."

He blinked as Sinestro talked of his title of Master of Fear and Order. Bowing, the knight replied, "I am Siegward, a proud knight of Catarina. I am honored to be of your acquaintance, Mr. Sinestro."
"'Judgmental'..." Sinestro repeated to himself. A sharp chuckle escaped his pursed lips. "What would you have me do? Hold my tongue? Give these children a dozen second chances? Lay down the rug and let them walk all over me? No," He scoffed again. "No. You can learn a lot about a man from your first impression. It establishes a precedent. It tells you where you stand. I've judged these people. And they've all judged me. Just as you and I have judged each other, Knight.
View attachment 6430
"And I must say... It's nice to finally meet another man of reason, Siegward. Someone how can express himself without the primal rattling of fists. Believe me; the honor is all mine."
"Venomous, eh? You don't even know the half of it." The boy smirked a bit at this.
"I'm glad I amuse you," Thaal smirked back at Cullen. "Unless your friend finishes that miracle of his soon, I'll be the only 'comedian' left in the multiverse. Tell me. Is that the kind of 'eternity' you envisioned for yourself?"

@Ottonomous Ghost @Takumi @Atomic Knight @Yun Lee @Jeremi @Josh etc etc​

GENTARO KISARAGI
@Atomic Knight @Ver @Crunch @Jeremi @Indigo Al @Ottonomous Ghost @Lucky @Takumi @Sark @Josh @Yun Lee
@Everyone Else
"Calm down, and take a deep breath," Azura spoke up, looking to Gentaro. She frowned but tried not to be too demanding in her tone.

"Look at it this way, Billy has magic and from what Cullen said he's practically a witch, yet he hasn't used it to hurt or curse you yet brought you here to help. Bisky hasn't used whatever abilities she possesses to hurt or curse you either. We're all allies here, right? They don't intend to curse you." She tried to reason in a gentle manner, hands held up in an attempt to placate him.

@Atomic Knight @Ver @Capri @Josh @Lucky @Sark @Jeremi @Yun Lee @Everyone

Gentaro began to follow what Azura was saying and started to breathe deeply. He calmed down a little, if only a little, and heard what she said about Billy & Biscuit.

"You're right about Billy, but he ain't a witch since he's a man," Gentaro said, calmly, "But the other one, the woman... didn't you see her earlier? She's scaaa~ry!"

Beads of sweat formed on his forehead. Biscuit is a scary woman in his eyes. She was almost certainly an evil witch acting out of self-interest. But Gentaro began to think about it. Their interests aligned, wanting to see the multiverse restored. Because of that, she might not feel inclined to curse him.

"Let's just... restore everything... as soon as possible..."

Lucifer Morningstar

“ Isn’t cosmic energy just another type of magic though? It’s unnatural in properties and can cause changes to a person. It is after all not normal.”
He would turn to Thaal. “I could be more specific if you prefer. I have a lexicon of adjectives for people like you.”

@Capri@Sark @Josh @Atomic Knigh@Everyone

GENTARO KISARAGI
@Lucky
@Everyone Else

"That's where you're wrong!" Gentaro called out. "Cosmic Energy is the energy that's emitted from space! Space is the most natural thing there is! And unlike magic, I have to use technology in order to properly use it, technology created by NASA scientists themselves! Is solar energy magic?"

Lucifer Morningstar

Lucifer held back a laugh. “ Ahh yes, the completely natural space that was caused by the completely natural Big Bang. Nothing at all magical or divine about that,” he replied, his words dripping with sarcasm. “Just because you need help to use it doesn’t make it less magic. So yes, in a way solar energy is magic.”

@Capri @Sark @Everyone

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back