Status
Not open for further replies.
"Eh. Same shit, different ass." Jianyu refused to elaborate, instead wrinkling up her nose at the smell. "Either way, I'm not sticking around to become some weirdo's little guinea pig again. You got any idea how to get out of this dump?" It seemed like he knew this wasn't a loop, maybe? This could be the guy they needed...

@Atomic Knight

Nathan slowly walked into one of the open stalls before sitting down and hugging himself. His anxiety was at an all-time high, this was too much for him. A time in his life he desperately tried to escape, that's why he left Arcadia Bay, but now he's 19 again and stuck back where he started. He leaned his head back, it hit the side of the stall softly as a result. He let out a deep sigh, only half-noticing the bathroom door swing open.

He looked up slowly when he heard Elliot call out to him, his vision blurred slightly.

"Elliot," he called out when the man approached him, before slightly adjusting on the floor.

"This is my world, but something is wrong," he started before raking a hand through his hair.

"That man was arrested for doing horrible things, and I'm 19 again- just, look at me!" Nathan spoke frantically gesturing to himself. He put his face in his hands and exhaled.

"This isn't right," he muttered.

@Atomic Knight

"Thanks!" said the girl, taking the clipboard from Gentaro and walking away as if dismissing him.

Elliot had his hands up, blinking in confusion at Nathan's outburst. "Sorry!" he said as he began to chase after Nathan.

"Hey!" Jefferson yelled after them, but it seemed he did not really care to pursue them. He turned back to Bridgette and waited for her answer.

The bathroom door slammed open as Elliot barged inside. He looked around quickly for Nathan, eventually finding him inside one of the stalls. "Nathan," he hissed, sounding worried. "What's going on? You knew who that man was?" He let out an exhale of breath and leaned against the door of the stall.

@Capri @Space_Candy @Jeremi @York @School

Wanda was the first to take a ticket, and with no other choice in the matter it seemed, the others followed. The carnival carried an odd atmosphere, one that made ones head feel a bit fuzzy at times. It was easy to get lost in the setting if one was not careful.

Inside the big tent were rows of bleachers arranged in a semi-circle around a large, raised platform. There were weights, barrels, and other oddities on the stage. There was already a crowd waiting, though they most consisted of people cloaked in darkness. They looked almost like anonymous walking shadow people, oddly enough.

The tent flap closed behind the last person to enter, leaving no easy way of going back.

A man was on stage with a mic in hand. He seemed completely normal, aside from the cat ears on his head. He was in the middle of his introduction, as if the group had arrived just a bit late.

r0TZlmC.png

"--this man knows no equal in the world of strength! He is an unprecedented marvel of nature. He is the mountain from the East, the world's strongest man of all, the cannonball of destruction, the Sumo wonder...! You, audience, will know this man's sheer power upon one look at him. Please, from us to you, enjoy the spectacle that comes from true power!"

The man raised his hands. "Remember, audience, we--"

The audience finished for him. "--sell fun!!"

The cat-eared man walked to the side as a spotlight turned on and illuminated a tent flap at the edge of the stage.

The cell door opened easily enough and the man slipped out quickly. He ran his hands down his body, as if checking for something. Now that he was closer, it was clear he was looking a bit grimy and slightly malnourished. "Damn it," he muttered under his breath. It took a moment for him to come to his senses and turn back to Jianyu.

"No, uh--" He bit his lip. "The guy who owns this place hates my fucking guts, so I've been a 'permanent' resident here. You seriously don't know the shit you've gotten yourself into here."

@Jeremi @Yun Lee @Ver @Crunch @Sark @Carnival

"Bridgette DeWitt and yes," So watched as Nathan and Elliot scurried off. "As a matter of fact Elliot and I just moved here so we're staking out the place, Nathan was helpful enough to give us a hand." A teacher huh? Didn't see many like him back home by just the looks, but he certainly had a...thing to him that Bridgette just couldn't put her finger on. "You like harassing young boys, Mr. Jeffersson? Or is that just a bonus of being a teacher?"

If the crowd had yet to fall silent after the introduction, the sudden clamour of wooden blocks would. They built to a crescendo, the marking of a traditional Japanese song, and then...

"HOLD IT RIGHT THERE!!"

The music quickly turned upbeat and boisterous while still keeping that Eastern feel as the circus' very own strong man appeared, a wide grin on his face as he laughed loudly. He looked and dressed every bit the part of a sumo wrestler, and just one look at him made it clear the cat man wasn't exaggerating in his introduction.

WelltodoPracticalAndeancondor-max-1mb.gif

"Hey there, everybody! Thanks for coming tonight! We got a great show all lined up, and what better way to start than with the Main Event himself?! Gahahahaha!!"

He stepped towards a barrel, cracking his knuckles before bending his knees and tossing it into the air. Bracing for impact, he crouched down as it landed in his outstretched palm, before extending to full height, proudly displaying the massive object as if it was a toy. "Aha! Expect nothing less from Tokyo's finest!!"

@Atomic Knight @Sark @Jeremi @Crunch @Ver

Wanda's eyes narrowed as Honda walked unto the stage. She had followed along for the time being but Wanda had been uncomfortable from the start. There was darkness here. One that easily caught you off guard if you weren't ready for it. Seeing Honda just confirmed it. "He shouldn't be here." She spoke barely loud enough for the group to hear her.

"None of us should be, what's your point?" Biscuit replied to her.

"The man on stage is a good friend of mine," She replied back thinking to back when they last met. "This time he saved me once, but now it falls to me to rescue him." She turned to the others in the group. "I believe it's obvious there is something dark and mysterious about this place. We can not let Honda be trapped in this place any longer."

"So what you're saying is," Biscuit cracked her knuckles. "It's time to put on a little act ourselves, right?"

Wanda smiled and nodded. "Yes, I think it's time for us to show these people what skills we have as we try to reach Honda."

Nathan blinked as he moved along with Elliot hesitantly, watching as the other man opened the door to reveal seemingly complete darkness. He took in a breath as Elliot gripped his arm and pulled him forward- joking about his comment to Brigette.

They walked through the darkness, being guided by the hold on his arm- this cautious endeavor soon ended as they were pulled- Nathan falling into Elliot clumsily. When he looked up his heart sank.

Blackwell!?

He was shocked at the familiar faces. It was if he woke up in 2013 again. He involuntarily shook as he fully took in the scenery, the anxiety of the past welling up in him. He struggled to stand up, his face redding when he fell back on top of Elliot on the floor.

@Atomic Knight @York @Jeremi @Capri @Blackwell Academy
❝ ... not exactly what I was envisioning to be here but- ❞ Blake would begin to say when hearing Billy's and Lucifer's comments on the setting before they would be called over to join this tea party from the looks of it. As if they didn't have enough food to go around with the last loop.

zVRWKLa.jpg

❝ Uh... were you expecting us or? ❞ He decided to play along with this for now. Play along until something would start to happen that ruins the atmosphere and all that.

@Lucky @York @Atomic Knight
@Tea Party
A few teenagers pointed at Gentaro and laughed at his limp, not seeming to realize he might be in pain. A girl came out of the crowd to get in front of him so he couldn't get past her. "Hey there!" she said in a sing-song voice. She held a stack of pamphlets in her hand and moved to hand one to Gentaro. "Have you considered joining the Vortex Club?" she asked.

The pamphlet was brightly colored in purple tones. There was a stylized vortex on the front, with details for a club meeting and a party later that night.

Meanwhile, Elliot was grunting as Nathan fell on to him a second time over. He struggled to hold the other young man up. "What's wrong with you?" he asked a bit sharply, though he was worried something had happened to Nathan on the transition to this place. "Are you okay?"

"Nathan," said a male voice from behind the pair. Elliot quickly helped position Nathan so that he was standing instead of resting on him and eyed the man. He seemed old enough to be a teacher here, wearing glasses and business-casual attire.

Eu2Z8y4.gif

"What have I told you about roughhousing?"

There was a definite edge to the man's words. Elliot gave Emily a confused look.

"Um, uh..." he stammered, unsure what to make of this weird scenario.

@Capri @Space_Candy @Jeremi @York

Billy could only give Lucifer an incredulous sidelong look in response to what he said. "Let's just check this out," he said.

As he and the others approached, they saw a young girl beckoning them, talking about sweets. It took Billy a moment, but he definitely recognized her. "You were one of those two that were lost," he said, not even realizing he spoke out loud.

The rabbit, apparently named Usami, was sitting at the table as well. She was beckoning the others alongside the girl dressed in red.

The girl they had been chasing sat plainly across from the girl in red. "Ruby," she said, apparently knowing the girl's name. "I'm Jennifer. You and I, we are--"

"It's so wonderful to see more friends join us for our tea party!" Usami interrupted. "I was so worried I'd be late!"

There were others seated at the table. The man at the head, for just a moment, appeared to be a young man in his twenties with short, black hair and a blue dress shirt with a myriad of symbols on it. However, his image shifted to an older, balding man.

dm5VGmo.jpg

"I... can't say I've ever been to a tea party," the man said. He sounded almost as if he wasn't sure where he was.

There was a girl next to Ruby, one who had short blonde hair and a designer shirt, but she too shifted into a red-head with neon blue streaks.

5s3k3nn.jpg

"Ruby, pass me some of the treats too!" said the girl excitedly.

The man across from her and next to Jennifer appeared to be short man with a big nose and a long, white beard. On his head was a tattered prospector's hat. He transformed suddenly into a much different man.

iS3dW0T.jpg

"Now, Usami, this is a real nice spread you got here," drawled the man. He looked almost entranced, licking his lips.

Two others sat opposite each other, looking like red-head twins. They were quite familiar.

WcVpwr1.png

"What a quaint little party," said the woman.

"Perhaps too quaint, yes?" the man replied.

"That clearly was already implied. In any case, so glad to see old friends, isn't it?"

"Perhaps not, considering the situation."

Billy's mind was reeling. He at least was familiar with some of the people here. He gripped at the table, feeling a sudden onset of anxiety wash over him.

@Lucky @Gummi Bunnies
GENTARO KISARAGI
@Atomic Knight

Despite all the kids laughing at Gentaro’s limp, the boy didn’t even bat an eye, and kept on trucking onwards until the girl approached him.

Vortex club? Gentaro’s never been a part of a Vortex Club before. The only school club he’s been a part of is the Kamen Rider Club which he helped form.

Gentaro looked at the Vortex Club’s pamphlet. It mentioned something about a party, but he’s not here for a party.

But at the same time, maybe the party might be something that has connections to the girl, and the white rabbit.

“Alright, I’m interested,” Gentaro said.​
"Oh em gee! I am SO sorry! Let me just dry myself off with my towel and wipe my feet on the doormat...oh. Wait. Neither are around, are they?! How do you expect people to follow rules you don't even have posted, huh?!" Jianyu glared daggers at this neon highlighter son of a bitch. "Now how about you cut us some slack? It's not like we WANTED to get caught in the rain!!"

@Atomic Knight @Jeremi @Crunch @Ver
Blake let out a tired sigh. This was going to be something else, wasn't it? This tea party has all sorts of people here, and it's clear that it was putting Billy in some sort of edge. That's enough to figure that he recognized a good amount of people present, along with how some of the attendees here were changing appearance one by one. Again, he didn't really see much else to do but to let this play out... except he did recognize a few faces here too.

He wasn't in touch with much in the first loop, but he did get a passing glance at the twins back there.

yqH6jNp.jpg

❝ Tch... I think I recall you both. Maybe not, my memory hasn't been too... great lately. ❞ He pulled out a seat to sit down, resting his head against his hand.

@Lucky @Atomic Knight @York
Casting a focused glance behind himself, Giorno wasted no time in pressing on with the rest of the gang into the encroaching blackness of the winding dirt road, despite the scenery actively morphing around them. Billy said that this place could shift and turn at any moment -- the distinction of what is 'real' and what is 'false' did not exist here. The gang-star kept that at the front of his mind moving forward into the black.

As he did so, the frigid rain met him on the other side. Holding a hand over his eyes, Giorno glanced up at the thundering skies hanging over them and the distant lights of what he identified as a circus tent. Tch, this isn't good, he thought to himself. A circus is never good news. Especially when it was the only option for avoiding the rain.

Following Jianyu into the tent, Giorno shot a measured stare in the strange man that immediately approached him - his outfit was pretty bizarre, even for the Joestar's standards. Running a hand back over his golden curls and adjusting his gear, Giorno quietly moved to the front of his party, bowing slightly to the 'ringmaster' of this tent.

View attachment 7427

"Perdonami, sir. We hadn't meant to track dirt into your tent here, we were just passing by the area and got caught up in the storm outside. It's a heavy one. Foolish of us to forget to pack umbrellas, heh. Am I right to assume you're the owner of this tent?" the don spoke affably, maintaining a civil smile in the face of the man's shouting.

His smile, of course, faded a bit as Jianyu started shouted. He shot her an irritated look before turning back to the 'ringmaster' and smiling. "Ehem, pardon her. As you can see, we're all a bit on edge. If it's too much trouble, we'll get out of your way... though, I'm surprised to find a circus all the way out here. You must be the owner of that too, I imagine?"

@Atomic Knight @Jeremi @Yun Lee @Ver
Lucifer Morningstar

" I think I'm good, I'm not hungry or thirsty. I got alcohol though,"
he replied, walking over to the man who looked young now. " Fancy a drink?" He asked. He would eye the good suspiciously having this strange feeling that it was part of the reason that everyone was acting so weird.

@Atomic Knight @York @Gummi Bunnies
"And you are?" Bridgette took a step to get between Nathan and the man. One look alone told Bridgette she didn't like this guy one bit. "If you're a friend of Nathan's you definitely should introduce yourself."

@Capri @Space_Candy @Atomic Knight @York

nZu3H3r.png

How many rules will I break if I beat you to the ground? Biscuit thought to herself. Instead of doing that though she decided to up the charm. "Sorry, mister! We're just lost and tired travelers looking for some rest from the bad weather." She gave the man a courtesy bow. "We didn't mean to make a mess of things."

@Atomic Knight @Yun Lee @Ver @Crunch
It felt like he was in a trance, Elliot's words barely making it through to him. He jumped as he heard a familiar voice, turning his head in horror as Jefferson spoke to him.

The freak teacher who got arrest for his sick photography of drugged girls.

He clambered to his feet with Elliot's assistance, discreetly holding onto the other man's sleeve. Mark Jefferson was not a good person.

"Whatever, Mr. Jefferson," he said harshly, just wanting to leave the situation by any means- not noticing Bridgette coming up next to him. She spoke to the teacher, her words making Nathan cringe when she referred to him as a 'friend'.

This was a nightmare.

@Atomic Knight @Jeremi @Capri @York
"Oh, perfect!" exclaimed the girl. She pulled out a clipboard from her bag and handed it to Gentaro. "Just sign your name, your phone number, and your school number! We'll text or email you the party details." Most of the names were unknown to Gentaro, though one read Nathan Prescott.

Meanwhile, The man seemed surprised that Bridgette even spoke. His brows raised in surprise. "Ma'am, I am a professor of this school," he said, looking between Nathan and Bridgette. "Mark Jefferson." He put his hands on his hips and was about to say more when Nathan spoke up. Jefferson frowned and cleared his throat.

"Nathan, that is no way to speak to--"

"We're friends," Elliot said, butting in. "And we weren't roughhousing, sir. Nathan just slipped and I was helping him up."

Jefferson did not look convinced. "Well..." He eyed Bridgette. "I'm sorry, are you here to pick up a student?"

GENTARO KISARAGI
@Atomic Knight

Gentaro looked at the list, seeing Nathan Prescott on there.

Nathan is the name of Elliot’s boyfriend, if his memory serves him right.

Now two problems face Gentaro. The first is that his phone wasn’t on him, he left it at the Rabbit Hatch when his world still existed.

The second is that Gentaro doesn’t have a school number, mostly because he doesn’t actually go here.

Gentaro would look at the girl.

“U-uh... I’m actually... just starting today. I don’t have a school number yet,”
The girl talking to Gentaro let out a long, dramatic sigh. "Okay... well, it doesn't really matter. We just need a way to contact you."

@Capri
Lucifer Morningstar

"It's nice to meet you, Shane." The smile felt off, and he couldn't quit place why. " I'll make you a deal. You have some of the alcohol I have to offer and I'll eat something," he replied, being incredibly delibrate in his phrasing.

@Atomic Knight @York @Alex Azure @mintyy @Tea
GENTARO KISARAGI
@Atomic Knight

Gentaro saw Elliot and Nathan run into the bathroom but decided not to enter and interfere in their romantic moment.

He then continued onwards to try and find the school's infirmary.​
Nathan slowly walked into one of the open stalls before sitting down and hugging himself. His anxiety was at an all-time high, this was too much for him. A time in his life he desperately tried to escape, that's why he left Arcadia Bay, but now he's 19 again and stuck back where he started. He leaned his head back, it hit the side of the stall softly as a result. He let out a deep sigh, only half-noticing the bathroom door swing open.

He looked up slowly when he heard Elliot call out to him, his vision blurred slightly.

"Elliot," he called out when the man approached him, before slightly adjusting on the floor.

"This is my world, but something is wrong," he started before raking a hand through his hair.

"That man was arrested for doing horrible things, and I'm 19 again- just, look at me!" Nathan spoke frantically gesturing to himself. He put his face in his hands and exhaled.

"This isn't right," he muttered.

@Atomic Knight
"Bridgette DeWitt and yes," So watched as Nathan and Elliot scurried off. "As a matter of fact Elliot and I just moved here so we're staking out the place, Nathan was helpful enough to give us a hand." A teacher huh? Didn't see many like him back home by just the looks, but he certainly had a...thing to him that Bridgette just couldn't put her finger on. "You like harassing young boys, Mr. Jeffersson? Or is that just a bonus of being a teacher?"

Emily Hayes
@Capri @Space_Candy @Jeremi @Atomic Knight @School

Emily winced, seeing the others around her laugh at Gentaro limping. Was this... Normal in highschool? Deep down, she felt like it would be strange, even there.

Seeing that he was wrapped up in a conversation of his own, she kept her distance, though she was carefull not to completely ignore what was going on. Instead, she would keep an eye on the situation from afar, though her gaze soon turned abruptly to the man who had singled out Nathan, apparently familiar with him.

He introduced himself as Mark Jefferson, apparently he was a teacher here.

Though, given Nathan's reaction to him, Emily soon realized there were some... Discrepancies with this place, considering that Jefferson saw him as a student here, while Nathan remembered some rather, disturbing things about him.

As Nathan and Elliot swiftly fled the scene and into the boy's bathroom (where Emily would rather not follow for obvious reasons), she instead decided to try and take point. At least Bridgette was there with her.

aV4XrwW.png

"I'm Emily Hayes. I was planning to move here when I started highschool." She paused for a moment, inspecting Jefferson.

Like Bridgette, she couldn't help but feel a little... Unsettled by all of this. Between Nathan's words, and her gut instincts, she had a feeling this man was hiding something, in spite of being a teacher.

Even with that in mind, she had to wonder... If he was part of this strange realm, or if he himself was a victim.

"You're a teacher, right? Do you mind if I ask whatt you teach?" She asked.

As she had never made it past middle school yet, given her age, some aspects of this would inevitably seep through into her perception on things like this. For instance, calling a "Professor" a "teacher".

Ruby Rose
@Lucky @Gummi Bunnies @Atomic Knight

For some reason, Jennifer drew Ruby's attentention, a strange look settling on her face for a moment, as if her mind was struggling to remember something. Until at last, she decided to say something, without thinking.

D4g6Kcc.png

"Jennifer...? Do I-...?" But alas, she never got to finish that sentence, as the other girl at the table abruptly caught her attention.

"Ah! Sorry Neon! Here! There's more than enough for all of us!" She stammered, scrambling to pass as much food as she could to the orange haired girl next to her.

And then, her silver eyes found Jennifer again, to which she seemed to recall... Something at least, or so it appeared. Reaching over to a large bowl nearby, where some oddly orange looking icecream was sitting, she scooped some out, and into a smaller bowl, even adding a little strawberry, and finding a spoon, before she handed the rather crudely put together sundae to Jennifer, that encouraging smile on her face.

"Here! Orange juice ice-cream! It's your favorite! ... ... Waaaait, is it?" She blinked for a second, that weird expression on her face again.

It seemed like she was confused, perhaps some kind of sugar rush?​

Last edited:
"Name's Shane," the man said, smiling at Lucifer. The smile seemed almost uncharacteristic of him, even though Lucifer had never met the man before. "Try the food. Gotta enjoy yourself sometimes, man."

Billy leaned forward and looked at the rabbit. "You're Usami, right? Listen, this is the Dark Place. You all might be confused about what is happening here."

A single bead of sweat ran down Usami's forehead. despite her plush exterior. "No, no, no!" she insisted. "We're all enjoying ourselves! Please, you must relax!"

@Lucky @Gummi Bunnies @mintyy @Alex Azure @Tea
Ruby Rose
@Lucky @Gummi Bunnies @Atomic Knight

For some reason, Jennifer drew Ruby's attentention, a strange look settling on her face for a moment, as if her mind was struggling to remember something. Until at last, she decided to say something, without thinking.

0kIYI7W.png

"Jennifer...? Do I-...?" But alas, she never got to finish that sentence, as the other girl at the table abruptly caught her attention.

"Ah! Sorry Neon! Here! There's more than enough for all of us!" She stammered, scrambling to pass as much food as she could to the orange haired girl next to her.

And then, her silver eyes found Jennifer again, to which she seemed to recall... Something at least, or so it appeared. Reaching over to a large bowl nearby, where some oddly orange looking icecream was sitting, she scooped some out, and into a smaller bowl, even adding a little strawberry, and finding a spoon, before she handed the rather crudely put together sundae to Jennifer, that encouraging smile on her face.

"Here! Orange juice ice-cream! It's your favorite! ... ... Waaaait, is it?" She blinked for a second, that weird expression on her face again.

It seemed like she was confused, perhaps some kind of sugar rush?

Mason Moretti
@Atomic Knight @Gummi Bunnies @Lucky @mintyy @York

"Ruby, look around. Look carefully at this party," Mason said, grabbing a strawberry from the table, "Does anything seem off? Perhaps a little out of place? Do things not quite line up?" After observing the strawberry, Mason finally succumbed to hunger and took a bite. This entire place felt off to him. He wasn't sure about what to do, but it seemed that Jennifer might be a bit more seld aware, and Ruby might be close as well. As for the rest of the party...

"What is your deal?" he asked the redheaded twins, "You seem a little more lucid than the others. Fancy yourself partygoers? Just having a grand time here in the..." His sentenced trailed off. He didn't want to remind himself where they were.​

View attachment 7487

"What the heck..." Touma murmured as he had been strong-armed through the so-called Devil's Carnival along with the others in tow. As they lay witness to the performer on the stage, a sumo wrestler whom Wanda seemed to recognize, the boy pursed his lips slightly. "Friend of yours, huh? It's always out of the frying pan and into the fire..."

Touma hesitated before when the ringleaders seemed to lead Jianyu off somewhere else, apprehensive to attract attention before they could find out the truth about this place, especially since it seemed Loyal had some sort of powerful influence over this domain. The gambit seemed to have paid off at least; now they had two people to recover for the price of one, at least.

Resolved as he ever was to spring into action, the boy nodded to Wanda. "Don't worry. We'll save this Honda guy and hightail it outta here once we also get Jianyu too. Just hope she can hang in there in the meantime," he said, before taking a step forward. "Shall we get started then?"

@Atomic Knight @Jeremi @Yun Lee @Sark @Crunch @Carnival

"Thanks!" said the girl, taking the clipboard from Gentaro and walking away as if dismissing him.

Elliot had his hands up, blinking in confusion at Nathan's outburst. "Sorry!" he said as he began to chase after Nathan.

"Hey!" Jefferson yelled after them, but it seemed he did not really care to pursue them. He turned back to Bridgette and waited for her answer.

The bathroom door slammed open as Elliot barged inside. He looked around quickly for Nathan, eventually finding him inside one of the stalls. "Nathan," he hissed, sounding worried. "What's going on? You knew who that man was?" He let out an exhale of breath and leaned against the door of the stall.

Wanda was the first to take a ticket, and with no other choice in the matter it seemed, the others followed. The carnival carried an odd atmosphere, one that made ones head feel a bit fuzzy at times. It was easy to get lost in the setting if one was not careful.

Inside the big tent were rows of bleachers arranged in a semi-circle around a large, raised platform. There were weights, barrels, and other oddities on the stage. There was already a crowd waiting, though they most consisted of people cloaked in darkness. They looked almost like anonymous walking shadow people, oddly enough.

The tent flap closed behind the last person to enter, leaving no easy way of going back.

A man was on stage with a mic in hand. He seemed completely normal, aside from the cat ears on his head. He was in the middle of his introduction, as if the group had arrived just a bit late.

r0TZlmC.png

"--this man knows no equal in the world of strength! He is an unprecedented marvel of nature. He is the mountain from the East, the world's strongest man of all, the cannonball of destruction, the Sumo wonder...! You, audience, will know this man's sheer power upon one look at him. Please, from us to you, enjoy the spectacle that comes from true power!"

The man raised his hands. "Remember, audience, we--"

The audience finished for him. "--sell fun!!"

The cat-eared man walked to the side as a spotlight turned on and illuminated a tent flap at the edge of the stage.

The cell door opened easily enough and the man slipped out quickly. He ran his hands down his body, as if checking for something. Now that he was closer, it was clear he was looking a bit grimy and slightly malnourished. "Damn it," he muttered under his breath. It took a moment for him to come to his senses and turn back to Jianyu.

"No, uh--" He bit his lip. "The guy who owns this place hates my fucking guts, so I've been a 'permanent' resident here. You seriously don't know the shit you've gotten yourself into here."

If the crowd had yet to fall silent after the introduction, the sudden clamour of wooden blocks would. They built to a crescendo, the marking of a traditional Japanese song, and then...

"HOLD IT RIGHT THERE!!"

The music quickly turned upbeat and boisterous while still keeping that Eastern feel as the circus' very own strong man appeared, a wide grin on his face as he laughed loudly. He looked and dressed every bit the part of a sumo wrestler, and just one look at him made it clear the cat man wasn't exaggerating in his introduction.

WelltodoPracticalAndeancondor-max-1mb.gif

"Hey there, everybody! Thanks for coming tonight! We got a great show all lined up, and what better way to start than with the Main Event himself?! Gahahahaha!!"

He stepped towards a barrel, cracking his knuckles before bending his knees and tossing it into the air. Bracing for impact, he crouched down as it landed in his outstretched palm, before extending to full height, proudly displaying the massive object as if it was a toy. "Aha! Expect nothing less from Tokyo's finest!!"

@Atomic Knight @Sark @Jeremi @Crunch @Ver

Azura had silently followed Wanda's group, and upon seeing the odd audience for this show felt a chill go down her spine.

Wanda's eyes narrowed as Honda walked unto the stage. She had followed along for the time being but Wanda had been uncomfortable from the start. There was darkness here. One that easily caught you off guard if you weren't ready for it. Seeing Honda just confirmed it. "He shouldn't be here." She spoke barely loud enough for the group to hear her.

"None of us should be, what's your point?" Biscuit replied to her.

"The man on stage is a good friend of mine," She replied back thinking to back when they last met. "This time he saved me once, but now it falls to me to rescue him." She turned to the others in the group. "I believe it's obvious there is something dark and mysterious about this place. We can not let Honda be trapped in this place any longer."

"So what you're saying is," Biscuit cracked her knuckles. "It's time to put on a little act ourselves, right?"

Wanda smiled and nodded. "Yes, I think it's time for us to show these people what skills we have as we try to reach Honda."

View attachment 7487

"What the heck..." Touma murmured as he had been strong-armed through the so-called Devil's Carnival along with the others in tow. As they lay witness to the performer on the stage, a sumo wrestler whom Wanda seemed to recognize, the boy pursed his lips slightly. "Friend of yours, huh? It's always out of the frying pan and into the fire..."

Touma hesitated before when the ringleaders seemed to lead Jianyu off somewhere else, apprehensive to attract attention before they could find out the truth about this place, especially since it seemed Loyal had some sort of powerful influence over this domain. The gambit seemed to have paid off at least; now they had two people to recover for the price of one, at least.

Resolved as he ever was to spring into action, the boy nodded to Wanda. "Don't worry. We'll save this Honda guy and hightail it outta here once we also get Jianyu too. Just hope she can hang in there in the meantime," he said, before taking a step forward. "Shall we get started then?"

@Atomic Knight @Jeremi @Yun Lee @Sark @Crunch @Carnival

"I agree with Touma, we'll do our best to get Honda out if here with us." Azura reassured Wanda as Touma stepped forward. Her pendant glowed briefly, ready for her to try and help lift whatever influence this place had on Edmond with the help of the others so they could hopefully leave.

@Jeremi @Ver @Atomic Knight @Yun Lee @Crunch @Sark @Carnival

"Eh?" Honda looked over to Touma and Azura, noticing the way they were posed. "Uh-oh...hope you're not planning to interrupt the strongman's show, kids! Monsieur Loyal won't be pleased about you breaking Rule 279! Unless..." The sumo then grinned rather darkly. "You wanna be volunteers for the act? In that case...THINK FAST!! HA!!!"

Stepping back, Honda tossed the barrel towards the group, the projectile headed right towards them. But before anyone had time to react, he lunged forward in what could only be described as a flying headbutt, sailing right under the barrel and landing right in front of the group. He caught the projectile in both hands, tossing it high into the air, as he took his place back in the center of the ring. "Here's your sumo lesson for the day! I bet you always see sumos on TV do this stomping move, but do you know what it's called?" He lifted one leg up in the air, straight out, before stomping on the ground, and repeating with the other. "This exercise is what we in the business call a 'shiko'!! It dates back all the way to the start of sumo, and we usw it both for rituals and exercise! I once did five hundred of these in a row without stopping! But I don't have time now, because..."

The barrel was finally coming down, and Honda smirked, getting himself ready. As it came down to his level, he cried out, "Let's go! Edmond Honda's special technique...HUNDRED HAND SLAP!!!"

DIyeoV6.gif

Hands moving at record speed, Honda hit the barrel repeatedly, with one decisive smack breaking the thing. Candy suddenly burst out, as if from a piñata, and Honda laughed proudly among the cheers as he took a bow. "Thanks, everybody! Make sure you grab a bag of this stuff from consessions. Eat enough, and you'll get as big and strong as me someday!! Gahahahaha!!"

@Atomic Knight @Jeremi @Ver @Takumi @Crunch @Sark

"Hey, are you okay?" a female student asked Gentaro. She looked at him, worry plain on her face.

QM7AulC.png

"U-Um... You might need to go to the hospital."

Down the hall from this, there was a flash of anger across Jefferson's face in reaction to what Bridgette said. After a moment though, he let out a breathy laugh. "I'm sorry, we've clearly got off on the wrong foot, Ms. DeWitt. I'm afraid Nathan has a... certain history during his stay at Blackwell. Though, I'm glad to see he seems to be finding good influences." He then turned his head to Emily when she spoke, having paid her no mind beforehand. "I teach photography primarily. I'm actually quite well-renowned."

cOIawEH.gif

"If I may, I would like to offer the both of you, and your son, to a tour of the academy if you'd like. I have a free period at the moment."

In the bathroom, Elliot stared at Nathan for a long moment. "Nathan, you look exactly the same to me. I think it might just be in your head. This place is supposed to be all... weird, right?" He stepped forward to put a hand on Nathan's shoulder, trying to get the young man to look at him. When he did, he attempted to help Nathan up.

"I don't think this is literally your world... But either way, Bridgette, Emily, and I are all here. We're here for you, Nathan. If that man we talked to is a bad man, let's do something about it."

The food tasted entirely real and entirely tasty. If there was anything terrible about the food, it was not immediately apparent.

"Seems like a swell idea to me," Shane said evenly, taking Lucifer's flask and downing a swig.

Neon was eating greedily while the man at the head of the table seemed to be still just staring at the food in a trance.

"You know my mom, Wanda Maximoff," Billy insisted, staring at Usami. "The Scarlet Witch. Usami, you were working for the Diver--"

"N-No!!" the rabbit insisted. "No, we are here to enjoy some tea and cake!"

Jennifer was eyeing Ruby carefully.

zdaUNUd.png

"Yeah, orange-juice ice cream... let's try it together, Ruby." She moved to prepare a sundae of her own to give to Ruby, matching her steps completely. She then handed it off, waiting for them to try their treats together.

The twins regarded Mason with the briefest of mutual glances. "Parties live and die on their attendees, do they not?" the woman said.

"When planning a party, one must consider each guest's individual tastes," said the man.

"Or their peculiarities."

"Quite. Otherwise, your liable to just make a mess, aren't you?"

"Uh, yeah..."

The man looked around himself one last time before letting out a sigh. "Every couple of days, they let me out for a 'walk.' I managed to swipe the manager's key... the one for the front gate. I swear I had it on me just this morning!" Letting out a vexed noise, the man moved to leave the tent. "Come on, kid, I think there's only one place it has to be now. They like to put me in front of the tigers, try to scare me by having them swipe at me. Must have dropped it then."

As the man reached the exit of the tent, he stopped. "Oh, shit, I'm sorry. I keep calling you kid. What's your name? I'm Jamie."

@Yun Lee

Nathan's eyes were trained on Elliot's as the man studied him, he felt something in his chest as the other man's gaze was fixed on him. He then frowned, releasing a sigh as Elliot said things were in his head. He looked up at the mirror, his reflection still showing his younger self. He looked like shit.

He took in a deep breath as Elliot touched his shoulder while he spoke. He stood to his feet with a bit of help from the other man, moving his lips to the side as he focused on Elliot's words.

"Do you mean like...Kill him?" Nathan asked, vaguely surprised at Elliot's suggestion. He kept his voice hushed as they left the bathroom to rejoin Bridgette and Emily.

@Atomic Knight @Jeremi @York @Capri @Blackwell

❝ Yeah, I get that, but why are we here having a tea party for anyways? ❞ Blake questioned abruptly. Usami wasn't really giving any useful answers, and no one else present in this tea party didn't seem to mind that they were just... partying for no apparent reason.

@Lucky @Atomic Knight @York @mintyy @Alex Azure
@Tea

Mason Moretti

"Ruby, look around. Look carefully at this party," Mason said, grabbing a strawberry from the table, "Does anything seem off? Perhaps a little out of place? Do things not quite line up?" After observing the strawberry, Mason finally succumbed to hunger and took a bite. This entire place felt off to him. He wasn't sure about what to do, but it seemed that Jennifer might be a bit more seld aware, and Ruby might be close as well. As for the rest of the party...

"What is your deal?" he asked the redheaded twins, "You seem a little more lucid than the others. Fancy yourself partygoers? Just having a grand time here in the..." His sentenced trailed off. He didn't want to remind himself where they were.​
"Hey, are you okay?" a female student asked Gentaro. She looked at him, worry plain on her face.

QM7AulC.png

Down the hall from this, there was a flash of anger across Jefferson's face in reaction to what Bridgette said. After a moment though, he let out a breathy laugh. "I'm sorry, we've clearly got off on the wrong foot, Ms. DeWitt. I'm afraid Nathan has a... certain history during his stay at Blackwell. Though, I'm glad to see he seems to be finding good influences." He then turned his head to Emily when she spoke, having paid her no mind beforehand. "I teach photography primarily. I'm actually quite well-renowned."

cOIawEH.gif

"If I may, I would like to offer the both of you, and your son, to a tour of the academy if you'd like. I have a free period at the moment."

In the bathroom, Elliot stared at Nathan for a long moment. "Nathan, you look exactly the same to me. I think it might just be in your head. This place is supposed to be all... weird, right?" He stepped forward to put a hand on Nathan's shoulder, trying to get the young man to look at him. When he did, he attempted to help Nathan up.

"I don't think this is literally your world... But either way, Bridgette, Emily, and I are all here. We're here for you, Nathan. If that man we talked to is a bad man, let's do something about it."

The food tasted entirely real and entirely tasty. If there was anything terrible about the food, it was not immediately apparent.

"Seems like a swell idea to me," Shane said evenly, taking Lucifer's flask and downing a swig.

Neon was eating greedily while the man at the head of the table seemed to be still just staring at the food in a trance.

"You know my mom, Wanda Maximoff," Billy insisted, staring at Usami. "The Scarlet Witch. Usami, you were working for the Diver--"

zdaUNUd.png

"Yeah, orange-juice ice cream... let's try it together, Ruby." She moved to prepare a sundae of her own to give to Ruby, matching her steps completely. She then handed it off, waiting for them to try their treats together.

The twins regarded Mason with the briefest of mutual glances. "Parties live and die on their attendees, do they not?" the woman said.

"When planning a party, one must consider each guest's individual tastes," said the man.

"Uh, yeah..."

The man looked around himself one last time before letting out a sigh. "Every couple of days, they let me out for a 'walk.' I managed to swipe the manager's key... the one for the front gate. I swear I had it on me just this morning!" Letting out a vexed noise, the man moved to leave the tent. "Come on, kid, I think there's only one place it has to be now. They like to put me in front of the tigers, try to scare me by having them swipe at me. Must have dropped it then."

As the man reached the exit of the tent, he stopped. "Oh, shit, I'm sorry. I keep calling you kid. What's your name? I'm Jamie."

@Yun Lee
Nathan's eyes were trained on Elliot's as the man studied him, he felt something in his chest as the other man's gaze was fixed on him. He then frowned, releasing a sigh as Elliot said things were in his head. He looked up at the mirror, his reflection still showing his younger self. He looked like shit.

He took in a deep breath as Elliot touched his shoulder while he spoke. He stood to his feet with a bit of help from the other man, moving his lips to the side as he focused on Elliot's words.

"Do you mean like...Kill him?" Nathan asked, vaguely surprised at Elliot's suggestion. He kept his voice hushed as they left the bathroom to rejoin Bridgette and Emily.

@Atomic Knight @Jeremi @York @Capri @Blackwell
❝ Yeah, I get that, but why are we here having a tea party for anyways? ❞ Blake questioned abruptly. Usami wasn't really giving any useful answers, and no one else present in this tea party didn't seem to mind that they were just... partying for no apparent reason.

@Lucky @Atomic Knight @York @mintyy @Alex Azure
@Tea
GENTARO KISARAGI
@Atomic Knight @Space_Candy @Jeremi @York @Blackwell

“I-I broke my leg earlier... ngh!” Gentaro grunted. He smiled at the girl and her kindness.

“Th-thank you,” Gentaro said.​
Emily Hayes
@Capri @Space_Candy @Jeremi @Atomic Knight @School

Jefferson's flash of anger was brief, but Emily caught it, though she tried not to show. Her gut instincts seemed all but confirmed; he was hiding something. Normally, such a comment would have simply raised a brow, or at least, been addressed more openly, but the fact that Jefferson tried to gloss over it made her think there may have been a grain of truth to Bridgette's offhand comment.

For the time being though, she nodded at Jefferson's response, keeping the fact that she was carefully studying his every reaction as concealed as she could.

bpGEDA7.png

"Of course! A teacher like you must really know their way around." She said.

Her gaze darted towards Nathan, Elliot, then Gentaro, offering each of them an encouraging smile. Though that in of itself seemed rather benign, she hoped it would at least help Nathan feel a bit more at ease.

While she didn't say it out loud, she could definitely understand why Nathan felt rather uncomfortable around Jefferson. Though, she couldn't quite figure out the specifics, yet.

Ruby Rose
@Lucky @Gummi Bunnies @mintyy @Alex Azure @Atomic Knight @Tea

Ruby eagerly nodded, tucking into her ice-cream like her life depended on it! She ate so fast that one could hardly believe she didn't drop something.

A7kVNts.png

"Ah... That hit the spot!" She said, closing her eyes for a moment as she savored the flavor.

Until Mason spoke to her, causing to blink in confusion once more, and she looked around once more.

"Hey, Jennifer. Have we... Had orange-juice icecream before?" She asked suddenly.

That strange look returned to her face, as she seemed to be in thought, her mind churning as she tried to think of... Something.​

"Eh?" Honda looked over to Touma and Azura, noticing the way they were posed. "Uh-oh...hope you're not planning to interrupt the strongman's show, kids! Monsieur Loyal won't be pleased about you breaking Rule 279! Unless..." The sumo then grinned rather darkly. "You wanna be volunteers for the act? In that case...THINK FAST!! HA!!!"

Stepping back, Honda tossed the barrel towards the group, the projectile headed right towards them. But before anyone had time to react, he lunged forward in what could only be described as a flying headbutt, sailing right under the barrel and landing right in front of the group. He caught the projectile in both hands, tossing it high into the air, as he took his place back in the center of the ring. "Here's your sumo lesson for the day! I bet you always see sumos on TV do this stomping move, but do you know what it's called?" He lifted one leg up in the air, straight out, before stomping on the ground, and repeating with the other. "This exercise is what we in the business call a 'shiko'!! It dates back all the way to the start of sumo, and we usw it both for rituals and exercise! I once did five hundred of these in a row without stopping! But I don't have time now, because..."

The barrel was finally coming down, and Honda smirked, getting himself ready. As it came down to his level, he cried out, "Let's go! Edmond Honda's special technique...HUNDRED HAND SLAP!!!"

DIyeoV6.gif

Hands moving at record speed, Honda hit the barrel repeatedly, with one decisive smack breaking the thing. Candy suddenly burst out, as if from a piñata, and Honda laughed proudly among the cheers as he took a bow. "Thanks, everybody! Make sure you grab a bag of this stuff from consessions. Eat enough, and you'll get as big and strong as me someday!! Gahahahaha!!"

"I think it's time," Wanda finally stated as her arms were surrounded by magical energy.

"For you to awake, Edmond Honda." She fired one of her hex bolts towards the scattered candy that caused it to form and clump together into a large ball as she made her way to the center stage. "I'm sorry Edmond, but you must realize that something is wrong in this place, don't you?"

QM7AulC.png

cOIawEH.gif

zdaUNUd.png

"Uh, yeah..."

@Yun Lee

Teacher in photography? Man, they really were teaching kids anything nowadays weren't they? She decided that it probably wasn't best to antagonize the man that much, better to keep him docile until an opportunity presented itself. "I'd be delighted," Bridgette noticed Elliot and Nathan returning back. "Hey, Elliot! The friendly photography teacher promised to give us a tour of this place. Since you're supposed to go to school here, right?"

Edmond's eyes widened as Wanda manipulated the candy. "Woah! Jeez, lady! You ever think about joining the circus yourself? That's some serious talent you got there! We'd be sold out for MONTHS, dontcha think so, Leonard?"

---

"Jianyu." Great, they had to wrestle tigers for a fucking key.... "Just lead the way, Jamie. The sooner we can get out of this shithole, the better."

@Atomic Knight

Edmond's eyes widened as Wanda manipulated the candy. "Woah! Jeez, lady! You ever think about joining the circus yourself? That's some serious talent you got there! We'd be sold out for MONTHS, dontcha think so, Leonard?"

---

"Jianyu." Great, they had to wrestle tigers for a fucking key.... "Just lead the way, Jamie. The sooner we can get out of this shithole, the better."

@Atomic Knight

"I'm sure I would be a fine addition to the menagerie," Wanda remarked as she got closer. "But I just recently escaped my own prison and don't wish to enter another." She had a look of concern in her eyes as she continued. "How deep do they have their claws in you Edmond? Do you still remember me? Wanda Maximoff, the Scarlet Witch."

@Atomic Knight @Jeremi @Ver @Takumi @Crunch @Sark @Yun Lee

The sumo's brow furrowed. "Wanda..." He spoke the name quietly to himself, as if it did seem to resonate within him just the tiniest bit. "That's quite the stage name. Miss Maximoff...I'm guessing you just left another circus, huh?"

The sumo's brow furrowed. "Wanda..." He spoke the name quietly to himself, as if it did seem to resonate within him just the tiniest bit. "That's quite the stage name. Miss Maximoff...I'm guessing you just left another circus, huh?"

Wanda shook her head. "No, when I say a prison I mean prison. Just like you." She looked intently into Honda's eyes. "Tell me, is this really the place of the great sumo wrestler Edmond Honda?"

She wasn't trying to be delicate, but Wanda knew that screaming at him wasn't going to help either. "Isn't there a place more worthy of your talent and skill other than this circus? Aren't you supposed to be a self-made man?"

Wanda shook her head. "No, when I say a prison I mean prison. Just like you." She looked intently into Honda's eyes. "Tell me, is this really the place of the great sumo wrestler Edmond Honda?"

She wasn't trying to be delicate, but Wanda knew that screaming at him wasn't going to help either. "Isn't there a place more worthy of your talent and skill other than this circus? Aren't you supposed to be a self-made man?"

"We're wasting our time on this one..." Sinestro scowled. He leaned in towards Wanda and lowered his voice so that only she might hear him. "Look at him..."
View attachment 7531
"He values his muscle over mind... We'd fare far better beating his senses back into him. Of course, such a violent strategy would no doubt violate the circus' rules. Fighting is likely forbidden... but sport? Sport might provide us with a loop hole..."
Sinestro turned away from the witch and approached the Sumo.
"Wanda is right about you, Edmond. You're meant for more than breaking barrels. All it takes is one look at you to see that your are destined to be a great fighter..." Thaal flattered. "The electric feeling that comes with a well-earned victory, the motivating sting of defeat... yes, the life of a carnival freak no doubt lacks these things..." A dash of negging couldn't hurt his cause. "What would you say if I were to offer you a change in career? A chance to fulfill your hidden, primal desires to become a true champion? You could show the world that you are the pinnacle of Sumo strength!"
A beat.
"What would you say if I were to offer you a sample of such a life? What if I were to present you with an opponent worthy of your unleashed potential? One who could offer you a chance to push yourself beyond the limits of your power as you know it now? You and my champion... together could put on a show spectacular enough to catch the eye of your bosses and shill your audience a whole new world of fun... You could have everything you've ever dreamed of... if you're courageous enough to claim it..."

@Jeremi @Yun Lee @Takumi @Ver @Atomic Knight

zdaUNUd.png

Ruby Rose
@Lucky @Gummi Bunnies @mintyy @Alex Azure @Atomic Knight @Tea

Ruby eagerly nodded, tucking into her ice-cream like her life depended on it! She ate so fast that one could hardly believe she didn't drop something.

A7kVNts.png

"Ah... That hit the spot!" She said, closing her eyes for a moment as she savored the flavor.

Until Mason spoke to her, causing to blink in confusion once more, and she looked around once more.

"Hey, Jennifer. Have we... Had orange-juice icecream before?" She asked suddenly.

That strange look returned to her face, as she seemed to be in thought, her mind churning as she tried to think of... Something.

Mason Moretti

With the food seemingly safe, Mason began piling a plate full of it. Eating calmed his nerves a bit. Sugar and sweetness was refreshing. He knew that this party itself still might not be safe, but compared to the constant danger they'd been in on this journey, this was a blessing. A moment's pause from the chaos.

He replied to the twins, "Well, you can't please everyone. Sure, you can appeal to their peculiarities one by one. And, perhaps for a smaller party, create a space just for them. Keep them happy, serve their tastes, and they'll never want to leave. However, parties have their limits. If you can't shake things up, it'll all go stale."

He paused his monologue to take a large bite of cake. He chewed slowly, savoring the flavor for the moment, then washed it down with a sip of tea. "I'm easy to appease. I'll eat most anything, enjoy most anything, and I can even help other guests enjoy the party. But it all gets dull at some point. Eventually even I can get antsy. And then I might make a mess of things." His fninger tapped nervously on the table. He shoveled another mouthful of cake into his mouth, and after another moment turned to Ruby.

"Ruby... Do you remember where we've met? I know it provably feels like ages. We didn't meet for that long. I try not to forget faces though. Perhaps you remember? It certainly wasn't in a place like this."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back