Status
Not open for further replies.
Elliot exchanged a glance with Bridgette. "Well..."

He went ahead and explained to Gentaro Nathan's revelation about Mark Jefferson being a predator and him being in jail in Nathan's memories. "We were thinking trying to match what Nathan remembers would be a good start, but we've lost where that guy went.."

@Capri

Nathan wanted to run as far as he could from the situation, but he knew he was the only source of familiarity here. He deeply exhaled before standing to his feet, taking a look around and finding what he was looking for. A vortex club poster, there was a party tonight.

"There's a vortex party tonight, Jefferson will be a chaperone," he used the term 'chaperone' loosely, considering every party there was consisted of mostly drinking under the legal drink age; as well as drugs- which Nathan didn't complain then, for he enjoyed it at the time.

He looked over at the group in front of him, crossing his arms.

"I can get us in, I lead it. Just play it cool and we'll be fine."

@Atomic Knight @Jeremi @York @Capri @Blackwell

Lucifer Morningstar'

" I think it is imperative we help everyone that we can. Usami, if you know that you could help save innocent people, wouldn't you want to help them? While keeping everyone happy is important, isn't it equally important for that happiness to be real? Happiness that is jjust hiding pain isn't true happiness. And right now a lot of people are trapped in unhappy places that need saving. Don't you want to help in that?"

@Atomic Knight @York @Alex Azure @Tea Party people

GENTARO KISARAGI
@Atomic Knight @Jeremi @Space_Candy @York
@School

"Ghuh!" Gentaro grunted as soon as he fell. The force wasn't enough to re-injure his leg, but it was enough to knock the wind out of him.

"Yeah... I'm not injured anymore..." Gentaro said, standing himself up.

He gave a re-affirming smile to let them know it was alright, accompanied by a thumbs-up.​

"That's good," Bridgette replied before slapping Gentaro on the back of his head. "This is the second time you've run off without anyone else!" She pointed a finger right in his face. "If it happens a third time I'll beat you up myself. You got that?"

Nathan wanted to run as far as he could from the situation, but he knew he was the only source of familiarity here. He deeply exhaled before standing to his feet, taking a look around and finding what he was looking for. A vortex club poster, there was a party tonight.

"There's a vortex party tonight, Jefferson will be a chaperone," he used the term 'chaperone' loosely, considering every party there was consisted of mostly drinking under the legal drink age; as well as drugs- which Nathan didn't complain then, for he enjoyed it at the time.

He looked over at the group in front of him, crossing his arms.

"I can get us in, I lead it. Just play it cool and we'll be fine."

"You're not going to get embarrassed that I'm going to chaperone, Elliot?" Her attention was now on Elliot who she was playfully ribbing and poked him on the side. "No drinking or weird stuff. I'll make sure of that."

@Capri @Space_Candy @Atomic Knight @York @School

Last edited:
GENTARO KISARAGI
@Atomic Knight @Jeremi @York @Space_Candy

Gentaro rubbed the back of his head from Bridgette’s slap. “Owch!” he muttered.

“Alright! I won’t run off... but uh...” he rustled his hair up a little, “Wouldn’t we uh... stand out? Like I get Nathan wouldn’t, but uh...”

He gestured over himself, who looks like a 50s-era delinquent, and Emily, who’s getup Gentaro doesn’t even know how to describe.

Elliot looked around at everyone's get-ups, looking a bit concerned. He considered what Gentaro said. "Well, we all look a little weird, but no one's said anything yet, have they? I think the people here... don't notice if things are off." He then bristled slightly at Bridgette's comment of chaperoning and let out a nervous laugh.

"Um... I've never been to a party. Or drank. Or... weird stuff."

@Capri @Space_Candy @Jeremi @York @School

"It's all I know how to do," Usami said quietly.

Suddenly, the three at the table who had been silent passed out and the illusion over the tea party disappeared. All of the food and drinks vanished from the table.

Billy let out a heavy sigh. "This probably still won't be easy."

@Lucky @Gummi Bunnies @mintyy @Alex Azure @Tea

GENTARO KISARAGI

"Okay..."
he said.

Truth be told, he was kinda nervous. He put his name on the list with the Vortex Club.

What if they recognize him? What if the group outcasts him again? What if he's left alone and that masked boy reappears? Or something even worse...

All that is shown on his face, but it could just be chalked up due to his recent disappearance.

"I know I wasn't prompted, but when I disappeared, I entered a void. I saw that masked boy who sent us here, and he asked some... weird questions. He wanted to know what our goals are, what we're trying to accomplish. Apparently, this Demiurge guy planned so far ahead that these evil-doers don't know what his goal is."

Nathan scoffed, a smirk painting his face as Elliot admitted his lack of party-culture.

"Of course not," he snickered before throwing an arm over the other man's shoulder, his playful expression dropping as he looked at the others; he knew they looked out of place. He pursed his lips in thought, before remembering Victora's interest in sci-fi among other things.

"Just say you're in manga-nerd club or whatever," he shrugged, zoning out as Gentaro began to speak.

Edmond's eyes widened. "Yeah! That's it! Man, you...why does it sound so familiar when YOU say it? ...wait..." His own hold on Wanda's hands grew tighter, his eyes shutting as more and more came back to him. "A camp...bear...rabbit...court cases...wait no, trials. They were class trials I think? And the guy in the hockey mask, and he..." Honda looked down to his shoulder, where a scar remained on his person. "Wait...that really happened! It wasn't a dream! But there was a dream...in a red room, with a man and a girl...and..."

"...Wanda!!!" Moving his hands away, Edmond instead went in and pulled the Scarlet Witch into a hug. "It's you! Really you!" He pulled back to smile at her. "How are you? You're not...you know, Wanda when she doesn't want to be Wanda, right?"

@Jeremi @Atomic Knight @Sark @Ver @Takumi @Crunch

---

Fuck! Jianyu attempted to construct a tiny barrier of Psycho Power as a shield between them and the tigers. "Let's get out of here!" She yelled, nodding her head towards the exit. She couldn't let herself get worn out, not when she needed to get out of this dump!

@Atomic Knight

Elliot looked around at everyone's get-ups, looking a bit concerned. He considered what Gentaro said. "Well, we all look a little weird, but no one's said anything yet, have they? I think the people here... don't notice if things are off." He then bristled slightly at Bridgette's comment of chaperoning and let out a nervous laugh.

"Um... I've never been to a party. Or drank. Or... weird stuff."

@Capri @Space_Candy @Jeremi @York @School

"It's all I know how to do," Usami said quietly.

Suddenly, the three at the table who had been silent passed out and the illusion over the tea party disappeared. All of the food and drinks vanished from the table.

Billy let out a heavy sigh. "This probably still won't be easy."

@Lucky @Gummi Bunnies @mintyy @Alex Azure @Tea

"And it's going to stay that way until you're 40," Bridgette replied firmly to Elliot before smiling. "You can have one beer. One." While this wasn't going to be for pleasure. The poor boy had never been able to live a normal life before. Maybe this could be a good experience for him?

GENTARO KISARAGI

"Okay..."
he said.

Truth be told, he was kinda nervous. He put his name on the list with the Vortex Club.

What if they recognize him? What if the group outcasts him again? What if he's left alone and that masked boy reappears? Or something even worse...

All that is shown on his face, but it could just be chalked up due to his recent disappearance.

"I know I wasn't prompted, but when I disappeared, I entered a void. I saw that masked boy who sent us here, and he asked some... weird questions. He wanted to know what our goals are, what we're trying to accomplish. Apparently, this Demiurge guy planned so far ahead that these evil-doers don't know what his goal is."

"I hope you didn't tell him any of those goals." Now that firm stare was aimed right at Gentaro. "We're already dealing in an uphill battle. We don't need any more trouble than we already have."

Edmond's eyes widened. "Yeah! That's it! Man, you...why does it sound so familiar when YOU say it? ...wait..." His own hold on Wanda's hands grew tighter, his eyes shutting as more and more came back to him. "A camp...bear...rabbit...court cases...wait no, trials. They were class trials I think? And the guy in the hockey mask, and he..." Honda looked down to his shoulder, where a scar remained on his person. "Wait...that really happened! It wasn't a dream! But there was a dream...in a red room, with a man and a girl...and..."

"...Wanda!!!" Moving his hands away, Edmond instead went in and pulled the Scarlet Witch into a hug. "It's you! Really you!" He pulled back to smile at her. "How are you? You're not...you know, Wanda when she doesn't want to be Wanda, right?"

@Jeremi @Atomic Knight @Sark @Ver @Takumi @Crunch

---

Fuck! Jianyu attempted to construct a tiny barrier of Psycho Power as a shield between them and the tigers. "Let's get out of here!" She yelled, nodding her head towards the exit. She couldn't let herself get worn out, not when she needed to get out of this dump!

@Atomic Knight

Wanda laughed in shock and surprise as Honda pulled her close. She had gotten through! "No, I'm most definitely just Wanda." She was glad that she had managed to get through to him. "I'm so happy I managed to get through to you."

"So is that it?" Biscuit replied not looking nightly impressed by the show of affection. "If that's it maybe it's time for us to find Jianyu and get the hell out of here."

@Jeremi @Atomic Knight @Sark @Ver @Takumi @Crunch @Yun Lee

GENTARO KISARAGI
@Atomic Knight @Space_Candy @York @Jeremi

"I hope you didn't tell him any of those goals." Now that firm stare was aimed right at Gentaro. "We're already dealing in an uphill battle. We don't need any more trouble than we already have."

“Well, he said it was useless because he doesn’t think I know anything,” Gentaro said, “The truth is, I actually don’t know. Billy said himself that the Demiurge is just leading him around. There’s a reason why we’re saving you, and Elliot, and Claire, and Wanda, and even us, but he just doesn’t know,”

Gentaro then had a little snippet of what the masked boy said replay in his mind.

"One of those girls I separated from your group. Claire, I think? Whatever. You needed her more than you maybe realized.”

“He said something else that was interesting... though... he said something along the lines of ‘you needed Claire more than you realized’... but I don’t know what that means...”

"Well, the Demiurge wanted Claire for a reason, right?" Elliot suggested. "Just like Wanda... just like me. Not that I have any idea what purpose I could serve..." He let out a long sigh.

"So... this party, guess we have to wait until later, huh?"

The world they were in was strange indeed, for as soon as Elliot said this, things around the group began to speed up. Elliot looked around in wonder as the students and faculty moved past them at a rapid speed, looking as if someone hit the fast forward button in real life. It wasn't long before things slowed down and the light coming in from the windowed front doors of the school were dim. Kids were congregating once again, but now lining up at a booth at the end of the hall. A banner overhead read: Vortex Party, tonight in the gymnasium!

"Very strange," Elliot mumbled. The sound of distant music could be heard even from here. The beat made Elliot feel strangely energetic.

A few girls at the booth perked up upon seeing Nathan and one commented on the wounds on his face. When one girl expressed a joke of taking care of him, Elliot felt a pang of annoyance he didn't quite understand. He determined he wasn't used to seeing anyone act like this... this was such an entirely different world from the majority of his alternate selves had ever experienced.

With Nathan's status known to most of the students, he and the others were let in easily enough. The club music was in full blast now, filling up everyone's ears and making it hard to concentrate.

"The energy of this place is unlike anything I've ever experienced!" Elliot exclaimed, making the whole thing sound more profound than it was. The gym was packed with students who congregated in various groups. Black cloths were draped over dividers that separated the gymnasium into specific sections, some for dancing, lounging, or snacking. The layout likely made it easy for certain students to get around the chaperones milling about easily enough.

"Remember, we're looking for that asshole teacher," Bridgette said, but the music seemed to swell around her words, making her hard to hear. Elliot found his eyes drawn to a couple kids passing around a flask. As if entranced, he pulled on Nathan's arm and pointed toward the students.

"What are they doing?" he asked

With the hold on Ruby and the others seemingly gone, Billy stood up and sighed. "Phew," he said. "That was kind of intense."

Usami seemed upset and sad. "I'm really sorry..."

Billy smiled at her. "Look, it's okay. We just need to start on trying to get out of here. The longer we stay, the worse it will be for all of us! I think what is most important is that we try and regroup with the others. Can you sense where they are, Usami? The Scarlet Witch should be relatively easy for you to find... I think."

Usami crossed her little arms together. "Well...! Hmm..." She tilted her head. "Um, I think I've found something, but I'm not sure..."

Suddenly, the world around the group changed. The sky disappeared, the light grew dim, and the air grew dim. Music began to erupt around the group and they found themselves amid a crowd of mostly young adults. Billy let out a gasp.

5N6ZCz9.png

"What...? This atmosphere... is like a cruddy highschool dance!"

"That's because it is," Usami concluded. She shivered slightly. "Some of your friends are here, I know it!"

Billy looked around to see that while Ruby and Jennifer had travelled with them, the others at the tea party had disappeared. "Usami, where did those others go...?"

"They weren't strong enough to come." Usami said, sounding a bit sad. "They're still under my protection, but it's too dangerous to bring them to a place like this!"

J2ZQvaM.png

Jennifer seemed scared by the booming music. She edged closer to Ruby, one hand pressed against her own chest. "This is all... so strange..."

"Hey!"

Billy turned to see a kid looking intensely at him and the others. He was wearing a sash as if he was some kind of person of importance.

Ut3QaL6.jpg

"As the appointed student chaperone of this Vortex Club party, I have the authority to question if you had permission to bring a pet into this event?" The kid pointed at Usami, looking at Billy. "Do you have a leash for that rabbit?"

@Lucky @Gummi Bunnies @mintyy @Alex Azure @Capri @Space_Candy @Jeremi @York @Party

As Edmond began to come to his senses, the cries of the anonymous audience began to boo and hiss. Their jeers only grew loud and more violent as the exchange continued. It got to the point that it seemed the audience would attack, though the man with cat ears re-entered the tent at that point, putting an end to the hostilities.

CVZjWXO.png

"What do you all think you're doing?!" he screamed. "Do you know how many rules you are breaking?! Interrupting a performance is liable to get someone hurt-- think of the lawsuits! No carny would stand for this kind of behaviour! Besides, do you know how hard it is to find a decent strongman? Way too difficult!!"

The man was seething. "I should obliterate you all on the spot, but I know Monseiur Loyal will want to see you all--" He paused, cocking one of his ears as if hearing something. "Hrm... seems the manager wants to see you instead. Who knows what he'll do with you..."

A sudden compulsion overtook the group and they were forced to follow the man out of the tent. The anonymous audience booed them as they left. The carnival atmosphere outside seemed dulled somehow, as if the group's actions had caused a ripple effect all over. The man continued until he came to a trailer situated a little out of the way from the main tents. He ushered the group inside and stayed outside to brusquely close the door behind them.

The trailer seemed much larger on the inside than it did on the outside. There was a comfortable living room space, with a divider separating it from an office. Past the divider, the group found a man sitting calmly behind a desk. He folded his hands on the desk and carefully examined the group.

GDFKTmo.jpg

"I certainly did not expect to see some of you again," he said.

@Jeremi @Yun Lee @Ver @Crunch @Sark @Carnival

Unfortunately for Jianyu, Jamie had already escaped. She met the locked door of the cage, with Jamie outside sporting a pained expression. "I seriously didn't want to do that," he said to her. "But I need a distraction if I'm going to get out of here. I seriously hope you get out somehow, but not before I'm long gone. See you, kid!"

Jamie then ran.

@Yun Lee

Last edited:
Nathan was zoned out as the others spoke, their words barely audible to him as he watched the hallway, his eyes widening for a moment as time seemed to just fast forward. As the world sped up, Nathan closed his eyes; throwing his head back slowly as he felt the wind of the sped-up students hit his face. He took a deep breath and opened his eyes again as he heard someone shout his name. He looked ahead to see the Vortex Club entry booth, the familiar faces of female students who waved to him.

He looked at the others, who seemed vaguely entranced by both the fast-forward and the new scene in front of them. He heard Elliot mutter something before he started moving towards the booth, the girls joking about the wounds on his face- which he just gave them a small fake smile before explaining that the others were with him. One of the girls raised a brow, to which Nathan responded with a shrug; knowing that it looked strange, but not caring too much.

As they entered the gym Nathan's eyes scanned the familiar area, everything appearing the same as when he attended. The lazily hung streamers, the glowsticks that were tossed in the pool, balloons strewn all over the place- most noticeably the pounding music from the DJ booth. It was a song he really enjoyed when he was younger, that- and the heavy amounts of drinking and drugs he did. Which seemed more appealing as each second passed.

As Nathan went to walk over to where Stella kept the beer he felt a hand on his wrist, pulling him slightly. It was Elliot, the other man seemed to have a sense of wonder on his face as he pointed to some non 'VIP' students drinking what Nathan could assume was probably vodka out of a large flask. He sighed before turning his head slightly to reply to Elliot.

"They're drinking, being dumb," he said flatly, dreading each minute they spent here, hoping to drink some of his anxiety off to cope with their predicament.

@Atomic Knight @Jeremi @York @Capri @Vortex Club

The crowd seemed to converge on the group, pushing Bridgette away from the rest of her group. She let out a couple less-than-pleasant words as she found herself lost within the party. Elliot was already trying to pull Nathan away, leaving Gentaro and Emily on their own. They evidently did not hear Gentaro over the swelling music.

Before Gentaro was a maze of students and black dividers. Between them and the pool, the gymnasium seemed like a rather large maze.

"Drinking?" Elliot asked Nathan, earnestly interested. He'd never even tasted alcohol in his life. He could recall other versions of him trying various substances... but it was far from actually experiencing it himself.

His thoughts swirled for a sudden, brief moment. What were they here for again?

"How are they being dumb?" he asked. He was particularly interested in the students drinking. He tried to pull Nathan away from whatever stash he was trying to raid and toward that group. "Hey! What are you drinking?"

A few of the students barely paid him any attention, but once they noticed Nathan was with him, once kid cried out Nathan's name. "Yo, man! Where've you been?!"

Nathan seemed particularly popular, which Elliot found both surprising and amusing.

"Wow, are you okay?" asked a female who almost seemed to materialize from the darkness of the gym. When Elliot turned to look at her, he had to admit she was quite immediately striking.

wYNjGnU.jpg

"Nathan Prescott. What manner of events have you gotten yourself into this time?" The girl had the hint of a smirk on her face, though she did seem particularly concerned with the beating Nathan had apparently taken.

@Capri @Space_Candy @Jeremi @York

Nathan rolled his eyes slightly as Elliot further pulled him away from the stash of various drinks, but softened his glare as the other man seemed to just be over-excited.

"It's dumb becau-" Nathan started before Elliot proceeded to yell at the group- cutting him off, which caused him to sink into himself in a mixture of embarrassment and discomfort. One of the guys in the group made a confused scowl at Elliot before cheerfully greeting Nathan himself. He gave a fake smirk and a flat 'hey' before grabbing the flask out of his hands and taking a very large swig, grimacing at the bitter taste and burning in his throat.

It was definitely cheap vodka.

He rubbed his eyes, raking a hand through his hair as he felt the stress in his body. He turned his attention when someone asked if he was okay. As the girl came into view Nathan's eyes lit up.

Rachel Amber.

He gave her a genuine smile, happy to see her. She was always kind to him, and they used to hang out a lot when they were younger. He grinned again when she asked what trouble he was in now, her gentle gaze and smile made something in his heart flutter.

"Does it matter? I'm always in trouble," he said playfully, before hugging her- the only comforting thing he had felt since they got to Blackwell.

@Atomic Knight @Jeremi @York @Capri @Vortex Club

"Boy, you need to get yourself out of trouble, I swear," the girl said. She followed it up with a pleasant laugh.

"Who's this?" Elliot asked stiffly, watching as Nathan happily hugged the girl. It seemed to Elliot that Nathan had suddenly perked up, more than any other moment Elliot could recall of the other young man. Clearly he had been close with this girl, far more than those other two that had accosted him earlier.

"I'm Rachel," the girl said, not sensing Elliot's sudden tension. Or perhaps she was deliberately ignoring it. The people of this dimension certainly didn't seem all there to Elliot. He had to admit though that the girl had a disarming presence.

"Rachel Amber!" one of the boys in the drinking group suddenly exclaimed, causing Elliot to flinch. As that boy moved to give the girl a hug, Elliot suddenly grabbed the flask from Nathan and proceeded to take a large swig. Elliot noticed that despite returning the hug, there was a detachment to it that Rachel had not put into her hug with Nathan. This just made Elliot close his eyes and take a second swig.

He hadn't really registered until the second gulp how gross this stuff was. A sudden burning sensation enveloped his throat and he started to gag, causing one of the drinkers to grab the flask back with a look of annoyance. Elliot stumbled slightly and reached out to hold Nathan's arm so he didn't go sprawling on the floor. Rachel gave him a sympathetic look.

pTNuuum.png

"I've not seen you around before," Rachel said. She gave Nathan a measured look, as if trying to assess his relationship with Elliot. "Are you new?" she asked.

"No..." Elliot said slowly, though he realized saying yes would have been a perfectly acceptable response with no need for a follow-up. Rachel waited for him to say more and Elliot searched his mind quickly for something. "I'm in photography."

"Oh. That's cool."

This seemed to be a good response, as Rachel nodded slightly as if that confirmed something for her. She smiled and absentmindedly ran a hand through her hair. "Listen..." She leaned closer toward Nathan and Elliot. "These guys are just drinking swill. We should hit up someone else."

@Space_Candy

svmtuX7.jpg

❝ Tch... don't have the time for this... ❞ Blake grumbled out loud, pressing his palm against his face. They were getting somewhere, but now the setting's changed into a high school dance that honestly felt like a recipe for disaster. Without much else to say, he walked away to further investigate this location for himself. He didn't really have the energy in him to play pretend with whatever was taking place here.

Something tugged at his heart. Almost like a selfish desire to...

The ravenette snapped out of it when he stumbled into Gentaro like a complete idiot. Managing to recover his footing, he took note of what Gentaro and Emily were possibly up to.

❝ Wandering off again? ... then again I was about to wander off on my own too, so I guess we had the same idea. ❞

@Capri @York @Atomic Knight

GENTARO KISARAGI
@Atomic Knight @York @Gummi Bunnies

“Agh!”

Gentaro’s conversation with Emily was interjected by Blake.

“Ah! Blake! Didn’t know you were here!”

❝ Wandering off again? ... then again I was about to wander off on my own too, so I guess we had the same idea. ❞

No, well... not really. Emily and I got ourselves separated from Elliot and the rest. We’re trying to find a guy, slight stubble, glasses, brown hair, you see a guy who matches that appearance around?”

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back