Ziendla: The new generation

Ninasilverrose

"This calm but sorry tale begins in a land far away called Ziendla, where all kinds of creatures reside. From fairies to elves, Vampires to werewolves, Dragons to Griffins, every creature and race lived there in peace; however, you might have thought: What about humans then? You see, many years ago before there were anything called technology in general, before humans even knew they could live without magic, they lived in Ziendla as well among the other races. But sadly, this peace did not last. Alas! humans became greedy and selfish, seeking more power and magic. Soon the other residents of our fair land noticed the foul intention of the race, and banished them from Ziendla for eternity unless may they be invited here once more."
Closing the dusted leather book shut, the broad shouldered man with dark and thick brown hair sat on his throne woven of gold and silver, glancing amid the gathered crowd.
" And, that is, the great citizens of Zeindla, our ancestors story." He finished with a satisfied sigh, and every creature that had gathered there imitated some form of clapping: Dragons roared, fairies flapped their enormous wings, even the tiny elves shouted with glee and admiration, their voices echoing amid the large crowd.
Nina glanced around wearily, swallowing against her already sore throat. She knew she shouldn't have been here, that she had trespassed into these lands, where ever this may be, but she had had no choice but to do so. It was a great winter evening, before the war had begun between the human race. She was part of it, of course. The greatest problem of all. She was so greatly frightened, having heard of her people the rumors about Ziendla, where peace resided. There was no war, no chaos, no laws for ways of lifestyle, but she knew there was only one law here: No humans.
Shivering not only from the cold, she gave the crowd another weary glance and tugging her hood over her already covered face for comfort, she grabbed at her dress and turned away to leave.

Zenith could hear the cheering from outside, he stood with his cloak wrapped him. He didn't like this, they shouldn't be here, he didn't know why Nina had wanted to come here in the first place, it was dangerous. Luckily he had been able to mask their presence with magic, so that calmed him a bit. He was outside waiting on her to leave so they could go on their way.
He hated leaving her alone like that, she was vulnerable without him, and the thought of her being discovered made his blood boil, the runes on his body swirled at his irritation. It took him a minute to call himself, he couldn't have an episode here, it was to dangerous to, not for himself but for Nina.
He saw her exit the building and he approached her. "We done here, I can only mask our presence for so long you know."

She chuckled softly, patting him on the back with her soft and small hands. Where she stood beside him she was only to his shoulders, as he was much taller than an average boy.
" Sorry. I was curious as to what their side of the story was," Giving the building a last glance, she turned to walk away gracefully, her cloak wrapped around her golden dress. " Thank you for coming with me. I would have been dead the second i walked upon this land if it weren't for you." Despite her smile, exhaustion was clear under her clear blue eyes in gray half moons.
" We should go back to the inn before someone sees us." She let out her breath in a big puff of white air, glancing around. However, before she could have said any more, she bumped into a hard and firm chest.
" A-ah. pardon me sir." Nina swirled aside, but the man moved with her, imitating her every attempt to move away.

Zeniths left hand reached inside his cloak and grasped his sword, unclipping it in preparation. He didn't need to fight yet, they could hopefully talk their way out of this, they weren't exposed yet. "Excuse me sir, but will you let us pass? We have somewhere where we are needed." He said to the man, hoping reason would win out here, if it didn't than he wasn't Impartial to shedding blood, he'd protect Nina at all costs. "I'm sure you're a reasonable sort, so please may we pass?"

The man eyes him with a certain curiosity, but did not make any move to let them pass.
" You are miss Nina correct?" Flinching slightly, Nina started fidgeting with her dress uncomfortably.
" pardon me, sir? I believe you are mistaken." Though greatly frightened, her voice was as steady and as strong as iron. The man chuckled softly, running his hand through his tangled brown hair.
" It is quite alright Miss. I will not make any move to harm you. Actually, the king was expecting you. We did send a message to your king. I believe he sent you, did he not? If not, then let me explain myself," When Nina didn't make any move to leave, he continued. " As it is rude to be standing here under the snow, please do come into the palace. We will speak there. "

Last edited:
Zenith didn't release his grip on his sword, in fact he tightened it a bit more. If this man knew who Nina was, then they were already exposed, Zenith knew this could be a trap and he didn't like it. Nina's safety was his primary objective, and he'd kill to keep her safe.
He turned his head and gave Nina a inquisitive look, he also kept the man in his peripheral, just in case he needed to behead him. "M'lady?.." he asked curiously, if this was the case then he had masked their presence for nothing.

She remained silent, considering this, and let out a soft whiff of air.
" Will you give your word not to harm us?" She asked finally, Glancing at the man. He bowed deeply and inquired:
" You have our word." Nina looked over to Zenith, her expression blank.
" if they say that, they keep it," She whispered. " let us hear him out."

Zenith nodded, he released his grip on his sword, and gestured for them to lead, if they promised that, then he'd trust it, for now. He twitched his hand slightly and placed a few wards on Nina, just in case. "If it is okay with you, may I have your name sir?" He asked the man. It'd be nice to know the name of their guide, just cause they weren't animals after all.

He nodded, giving them a friendly look.
" I am Carlo. The kings second in command. Pleased to make your acquaintance." Bowing before them once more, he gestured to the palace with his gloved hand.
" Please do follow me." Walking with a certain inhuman grace, the man started towards the great palace looming over them, casting great shadows against the moonlight. The sun never came up here; there were creatures who were hurt by its warm rays, She was told when she did ask Carlo. He was quite friendly on the way, pointing out places of interest in the land here and there. Coming closer, Nina noticed the carvings on the castle gates:

"Pax nostra lex" It read, carved in golden letters. Nina knew enough Latin to know what it meant: " Peace is the law" But no matter how friendly it seemed, she felt a chill crawl over her spine in a very uncomfortable way, making her shiver.

Zenith nodded at that and followed them, he read the inscription as well, and scoffed, "pacis est mendacium," he said followed by, "Victor ab historia scriptum est:"
He knew latin from his past, and used it sparingly, as it invoked bad memories. He noticed Nina shiver and put his hand on her shoulder, squeezing it softly, he was there for her.

(Translation: peace is a lie; history is told by the Victor)

She chuckled at his burst of Latin, and glanced up with her blue eyes, shining brightly in the moonlight. Soon they were entering the gates, and Nina kept her mind focused on her surroundings. Inside was a great hall, the floors made of marble and the walls made of silver. Nina had heard that silver was like boiling water to most unholy creatures like werewolves and vampires because it was pure, and confused slightly, reverted her eyes instead to where the guide was leading them. At the end of the marble floor sat rows of wooden chairs. Maybe it is the waiting room. She observed, recalling her own familiar traditions when she went to visit the doctor or her father in their castle. She had gotten homesick, of course. However, being one of the royal family, she insisted to stall their going back to a longer time so she could be free of her duties as long as it was allowed. Broken free of her thoughts, she saw the man gesture for them to sit down.
" please do get comfortable while i alert the king of your presence." Bowing once more, he stalked out of the room with the same strange grace to his step, and they were left alone in the great hall.

Zenith opted to lean against the wall rather than sit, it let him jump into action if he needed to. He had done stuff like this before, especially when was waiting on Nina. The king better not keep them waiting long, he didn't want to be here any longer than necessary. "If I may ask, and feel free to not answer, what was mentioned in the letter? What did they want?" He asked looking at her inquisitively.

She hung her head, having a sharp intake of breath.
" They need our help against demons that are planning on attacking the kingdom," She answered shortly, fidgeting with her golden dress nervously. " Apparently they are the only creatures that do not live in Ziendla."
She pulled her crimson hood back, revealing her silver hair and blood red eyes.
" It is rather warm in here do you not think so?" She ran a hand through her damp hair, her mouth quirking at the corners in a slight smile.

Zenith shrugged at the question, temperature didn't bother him much. What did bother him though was the fact that demons were making a move, they stood separate from both humanity and Ziendla. But by no means we're they weak, they were a strong race with strong warriors and powerful magic. But they usually kept to themselves, ignoring the rest of the world, he wondered what could've set them off in this way.
"So they're asking our help in a war, after so long of ignoring and shunning is?" He scoffed at that thought.

She chuckled at the thought as well, smoothing down her hair from its tangles.
" Well, yes. Yes, that is the idea." Glancing up, she noticed the man coming towards them. She put her cloak down on the wooden chair she had sat on and gathered up her skirts to walk. Carlo walked towards them silently, bowing when he reached where they stood.
" You may follow me, and leave your weapons here if you may." He was specifically gesturing to Zenith's sword that he wielded. Nina glanced at him and nodded in approval.
" Just do it Zenith. It is alright."

Zenith shrugged at that, he didn't need his sword to be dangerous, but it did help. He unbuckled his sword and set it on the chair, and then he cast a spell on it to make it invisible, couldn't let something like that be left out in the open, he had worked hard on making it. He then turned and gestured for them to lead. It wouldn't do for someone like him to lead, not that he would, he was a guardian not a leader. He lowered his hood finally, and shook out his hair, he needed to get it trimmed it was way too long. .

She glanced at him and gave him an amused look.
" You had better trim your hair dear, it has gotten very long." It was clear from her voice cracking that she was forcing herself greatly not to laugh; for it was indeed very rude for a lady to do so. Instead, she reached out and tucked a loose strand that was hanging in his eyes behind his ear, not aware that she was at all. It had become a habit, taking care of him this way. He had always protected her and she in return had taken care of him, teaching him manners and how to heed his personal cleaning. Snapping out of her trance, she noticed that they were nearing an even greater door that had golden swirls along its frame.

Zenith chuckled at her comments, she always did dote on him, making sure he kept up with his appearance and manners, it was refreshing to be honest, as no one had done that since.... nevermind. As they approached the double doors, Zenith great uneasy, and desperately wished to have his sword back, he didn't trust these people, especially they way they usually looked down on humanity. He stilled himself and focused his attention on protecting Nina, if anything happened he needed to be focused and ready.

Nina's hand unconsciously wandered to his, holding it tightly. She always did that when she was nervous, just as she was now standing before the great doors. She knew Zeniths overprotective manners but didn't complain due to hurting him. If she were to be honest, she liked the attention. The great doors opened to reveal an enormous room lined with green mistletoes and and strange objects hanging from the ceiling. Looking closer, Nina noticed they were fairies and felt herself shudder. A golden throne sat at the back, wound of gold and silver just like she had seen it. The broad shouldered man was sitting calmly on it, smiling slightly at them both.
" welcome. Please take a seat so we may discuss the matter." Chairs appeared out of thin air a few inches in front of his throne, the red cushions gleaming slightly. Nina started towards them, bowing clumsily in the process.

Zenith was now even more uncomfortable, the man, no the king, displayed such power so frivolously, it made Zenith uneasy. He bowed slightly, enough to show respect, but little enough that he maintained a close visual on Nina. As Nina sat, he opted to stand behind her, rather than take a seat. This was his spot, he was a protector, not a diplomat, he'd let Nina handle the talking, he would only step in if he was asked to.

Back