Ziendla: The new generation

The king glanced over them, scanning what they were wearing and their appearances.
" Princess," He said finally, a hint of respect in his voice. " I asked you to come here to make peace so we can defeat the demons together."
Nina, looking unimpressed, listened with little interest.
" What will happen after we defeat them? Will you just go back to ignoring our kind like we don't exist?" The king seemed to consider this silently, and looked up.
" The ones who's hearts are pure may enter." Was his answer, staring at them with his starry eyes that seemed to glow in the dim lights of candles.

Zenith scoffed at that, as if, no one's hearts were pure, and anyone who said different was crazy. He couldn't hold his tongue and said, "Then no one then," he gave the king a look, "No ones hearts are truly pure, everyone has sin and darkness in them. It's part of being who we are"
This is why he didn't like most people, they only saw in black and white, there was no grey area. He knew from experience that even the good people have dark sides. He looked to Nina, well most people, some were innocent. But even the innocent could sin, everyone made mistakes.

Nina nodded, agreeing with Zenith.
" I Agree with him. You cannot possibly think that there is someone pure out there that hasn't sinned in some way." The king listened with amusement to what they had to say, and chuckled softly.
" No, children. That is not what I meant. I know that everyone sins. Even the ones in this kingdom have," He admitted, getting of his throne with the same grace everyone in Ziendla had. " I meant the ones with pure intentions. The ones not in search of power or usage of our magic." He glanced over them, not unkind.
" ones like yourselves."

Zenith was sated for the moment. The king made a valid point. And he understood what he meant now. But he was still want of this deal, things could turn in an instant if the king found them no longer useful. He stayed silent as this was Nina's decision to make, and it was his job to stand behind her till the end of it.

Nina seemed considerate, her blue eyes distant. She then looked up, a flicker of light inside her eyes.
" I agree to the deal." The king smiled softly, a very human gesture. He slowly stalked towards them and took Nina's hand, bringing it up to his mouth in a brush of his libs.
" We will be forever grateful to you, princess," He let go of her delicate hands, the smile still playing at his libs. " You may take your leave if you wish. I shall call Carlo to lead you out."

Once again I was late to the show. It appears nina ditched me again. Keeping up with her was a pain, why if she wasnt my friend i wouldnt put the time of day to find her. But yet i did. No matter how many times she left me i followed. The thing about humans is even if one may not like you doesnt mean you dont like them. I saw nina enter the kingdom. I ran toward her quickly. Upon getting near the gate the gaurds stopped me. "Haul! State your business masked figure!" he commanded. "My friends in there!" i yelped. He gave a wicked grin. "A friends no reason" he shoved me to the ground.

Nina glanced over to the gates as she exited the palace, taking sight of familiar hair.
" Wait. Zenith, is that..?" He nodded in approval, making her run towards the gates at full speed.
" Hey you! Let him pass!" She shouted, helping him up.

She sighed, hugging him back softly.
" Look, we just didn't want you to get hurt. But now it is alright because the king lets humans come here." She glared at the guards and pulled away, smiling brightly.
" But i am so glad to see you!"

"Im n-not a human!" i said. I touched my mask. Im a water man. But i will assist you! For everytime you ditch me i return stronger!" i said. The hug was a nice touch. Affection may not have been my thing i prefered words. But nina was a close friend so i accepted it. "So what are we doing?" i asked

Nina's expression grew serious, fidgeting with her golden dress.
" Well, we are going back to tell my father." She smiled weakly, smoothing down the fabric of her crumbled dress. She then proceeded to take a calming breath and stalked out of the gates.

Nina sighed softly.
" We agreed on helping him with some demons that are going to attack." She responded, her voice distant.

Winter looked at her "I'll help. I can do it. Its been awhile since ive seen you but im stronger now" he grasped firmly on his sword.

She smiled softly, not unkind.
" I'm sorry- But i can't let you get hurt. You and Zenith are all i have, Winter." She pat him on the back, her eyes shadowed.

"This is my choice, you know you can't stop me either, for every time you've ditched me I've returned. You don't really think i'll listen right?" He grinned at her. "You're too weak without us anyway, So We can't really ditch you" He said to her. he made a vow a long time ago, although he was very young and it was something any kid would have said: I promise to protect her! While it should have been forgotten through the years, it wasn't, it evolved into a part of who he was. Every time she ditched him he would follow. What she didn't know is about his intense training. Every day since a year ago he had vigorous training which had taken a huge toll on his body, his old body died and a new better one arose. he had become a Sword master of The lone path. Nina didn't appear to learn about this, but even if she knew he was one, she didn't see or witness the painful training he had to endure.

~A week ago.... Master Zin, with his long black trench coat and big black scarf approached me. "What's next, master?" I said bowing before him. "You really don't have to do that anymore, we are now equals. But there is one question before I can unlock the hidden power for you to use" He said looking away into the moonlight. "What master? Anything" Winter said. "The sword master of the lone path, is different, it isn't for sword masters who work together, which may have become obvious to you, but there's another thing, it isn't for an adventurer either-" He said he paused frowning a little. "Master it's okay, I need to know" Winter said. "You're the lone sword, you must burden loneliness so others don't have too, you a lone blade is cursed to be alone, but in exchange for great power" He said with such sympathy. It hit winter like a rock, his face expression changed, he grew quiet from thought. He looked at his feet lost in thought "I know it's a hard question to answer, but you don't have to-" Master said before getting cut off by winter. "It's okay master, I understand your pain, everyday when my friends ditch me.... I feel alone, it's grown out of control, that even when I'm with them the loneliness lingers. So if I'm gonna be alone either way I'm going to protect them, I can't drag them down, by vowing to protect Nina, in a weird way I vowed to protect everything right in this world, monster or man, it doesn't matter, I've come to learn the worst monster is the one living in all of us everyday, the one we can't escape, so master please do this for me, this'll be my burden to face in this world" Winter basically preached. The master had seemed almost touched and impressed "You're for stronger then me" He said as he approached winter and placed his two thumbs onto winter's temples. This power flowed into him, he could see great power locked away inside his brain. He also could feel the loneliness of others, the loneliness of master too. After the process was over winter wiped away at his face and got up. "Master, I can feel your loneliness, you're free" Winter smiled as a tear went down his face. His master smiled "Thank you winter, i wish you luck on your journey to catch up to you friends, here a token of my gratitude" He handed him the master's sword, an unbreakable sword, an unbreakable bond. "No thank you master" He yelled as he ran to catch up to his friends. ~

Present... He looked up at Nine "You have to trust me Nina" He looked into her eyes, into her soul.

Max the servant for the king cams in bearing even more drinks food and refreshment. They made sure to keep it all spiffy and clean not to drop a single cup. Everything had to be in order. However they waited from another room for the king to summon them, no need to make a scene! They weren’t the best servant to have to look at with their bland clothes and their wrapped up face. So they waited then they heard a shout and peeled out the door to make sure everyone was ok. They of course came out to tidy up the table and the chairs while they were all discarded before retreating back to the other room*

Nina glanced at Winter wearily, her blue eyes anxious.
" Alright. But promise me you will train me too so i can fight alongside my people." Her eyes shone with determination, scanning him.

"I cant teach you my fighting style but i can protect you untill you learn yours. And i will protect our people. Good or bad, monster or human" i said to her.

She nodded, willing to do anything for her people and friends. Nina had lost a great friend long ago in her past at he age of 5, and wasn't willing to let the same happen to her best friends. Although her heart was still with him, and she could not love anyone else. She managed a smile to hide her sorrow, and glanced back at the gates of Ziendla. Her heart pounded excitedly in her chest for training and both participating in the war. She knew she ought to have been afraid, but she felt no fear.
" Of course, Winter, Of course." She said, her blue eyes shining brightly in the dim light.

Back