A Dragon's Heart

War, it was the people knew now a days. Dragons being hunted down by the humans the were only trying to protect their home land. The war had been going on for twenty years the humans were close to concurring the dragons once and for all blinded by the site of victory to even notice a child. Yes a child this child is the decedent of the dragon king and a human female. How you may ask ,well before the war started the king saved a woman from death at the time she had no idea he was a dragon and had mistaken him for a human mage because of the powers he had. The king did not tell her he was a dragon not wanting to lose the woman he had come to care for over the years ,but when the war began he had no choice to leave her. The woman was broken that he had left with out reasoning she thought she would never seen him again.

Ten years into the war a group of rouge dragons attacked the village she lived in and once again he saved her life ,but has a dragon this time. She loved him all the same and the king took her to his kingdom where she would be freed from the wars violence even if it was for a little while. Some dragons accepted her has their new queen because of her kind heart ,but others did not and wanted her to fall along with the king that had gone soft. In the shadows hidden for ten years a group of dragons plotted their kings demise... they succeeded in doing so.

Knights flooded into the castle along side them some of the most powerful mages he kingdom could summon. The queen held the child close to her chest willing to throw her life away for her daughter. "My queen you must leave before it is to late." The king said to her worry lacing his once powerful voice. "If not for me leave for her I promise she will one day come back to this place." The king kissed his wife's forehead he moved away from his wife and child. "She will be their down fall I promise." These were his last words to her before he went to go fight for the last time. As told the queen left with their daughter watched from a distance away the proud kingdom of the dragons fall. "You will one day know of this my love ,but not today." The queen looked down at her daughters sleeping state she was so peaceful. "For you have the dragon's heart of fire." When the queen said that under the blanket a golden glow could be seen for a short time before fading. "You will bring power to the dragons."

The End for now:
I would appreciate feedback and comments to see if I should continue​

You should totally continue this! I really like it actually. It's well written with a few things I feel that you could do to improve on it, but that might just be my writing style speaking. Yours works well though, and I can't wait to see what you do with this story.

Back