Adventurers of the Empire 5/5

ChelonianCommander

Strength of Steel, Will of Iron
Setting

This known world is called Eurasia. The land is the story takes place is known as West Eurasia, west of the mountainous lands of Nuglar. A medieval world that is a mixture of high and Arthurian fantasy as well as
hints of Renaissance and steampunk tech.

The Border Empire: The Center of Humanity
"We have fought the knights of Britain, the Cannibals of Nuglar, and now the Endless hordes of Undead of Stalia. But we have stood. By Ulrich we have stood and won. Why? With powder, steel and faith my friend. Powder, steel and faith." -High King Burgolt Ulmarc when asked if they can defeat Stallia

Britain: The land of Knights and Lords.
"I have taken the oaths that was given to me. I have respected the honors that had been told to me. I am a lord of Britain. I am a knight of the Grail Lady. I am the shield of the people. I am the sword of the land. I shall not fail in my duty. I swear upon my name and life." - Oath of the Britannian Knight

Verdanthome: The dying jungle lands of the Verdantkin
"I envy you, you know. The corruption, the constant civil bickering, surrounded by all sides by threats, witches, warlocks and necromancers threatening to upturn your society, the constant grind of fighting a seemingly unending war. I would prefer that, then to what is happening to my home." Verdantkin Diplomat attempting to open up immigration paths to the Border Empire

Stallia: An empire ruled by the Undead
"I have seen horrible things. I have seen terrible creatures stalking the day and night. Horrible abominations created by the whims of a deranged queen. My brothers and comrades slain, resurrected then slain once more. Please I beg you. Do not let me go back!" -Border Empire Captain returning from Stallia

The Northern Wastes: A plague ridden land, populated by the friendliest of people
"I welcome you to my home. Help yourself to everything you wish. Our land provides few, for your kind but that only means you get to spend more time in the company of friends my dear friend. Now are you tired? Hungry? Thirst? I'll get you whatever you need." -The average level of hospitality within in the Northen Wastes

Nuglar: A mountainous snowy land, populated by man eating beasts, both non-sentient and sentient alike.
"You know how winter is a time of terror and fear right boy? You know how in winter we have to watch for wolves, man eating cats and violent cannibals right boy? Well Nuglar exists an eternal winter. An eternal winter where the wolves are more violent, the man eaters are bigger and the cannibals can actually think." -Farmer talking to his adventurous son

Introduction

With the war in the south against the Undead Nation of Stalia the Border Empire must acquire new weapons, explore new lands, and find new allies. Explorers Guilds have opened up for monitory, exploration and religiouns reasons to find tnew people to make ally with and magical relics lost to time. Many people turn to these guilds to become Adventurers and Mercenaries and risk their lives to find these things in order to find both of these to gain coin, glory, experience and much, much more.

Playable Races
-Bordermen:
'If they strike us, then we fight them. If they cheat us, we shall strike them. If you aid us, then we shall die for you. It is just how we are.' - Common Borderman saying
A human citizen of the 'technologically advanced' Border Empire. The Bordermen pride themselves on being self-sufficient, loud, proud and having possibly the strongest military force in West Eurasia. They pride themselves on being both, militarily and scientifically advanced as they sport such weapons as the Pepper Box Rifle, tools such as the Steam Powered Water Pump, and even their god Ulrich Ulmarc will come from his domain every decade for a couple drinks and a brawl. Located in the heart of West Eurasia, the Border Empire borders the Norther Wastes, Britain, Nuglar and Stalia and is currently fighting a war of attrition to the south with Stallia.

-Britannian:
'The Bordermen rely on crude machines to work and worship a long dead barbarian king. We work the fields with fork and hand, and worship a proper lady. How are we backwards again?' -Britannian Lord replying to an insult
A human citizen of the land of knights, lords and magic, Britannians see themselves in three categories: The Peasants who do all the work, the Lords who own everything and the Grail Lady who protects them. Peasants and Lords tend to be humble, but due to their status and wealth, Lord can afford to be a bit less humble then the Peasants, riding around on white steeds and wearing silver armor. Still the Lords are bound by their honor and oaths to protect their land and when the call for battle is heard, peasants and lords march to the field with good old steel, knights and faith. The Britannian's land of Britain is located East to the Border Empire.

-Void Born:
'I am a dead being, born of a dead kingdom, ordered to march into a dead land to fight a dead enemy. Do I deserve this? No. But after 300 years you get pretty bored.' -Void Born answering why she volunteers for a suicide march into Stallia
The Void Born used to be citizens of a relatively small nation known as Rolm, but around 2300 years ago there was a magical cataclysm of untold proportions. The citizens of the Old Empire had their souls ripped from their bodies and transported to a location to a domain known as the Void, ruled by the God With No Name. There they stayed, losing their memories of their past lives until 1500 years after the cataclysm an unknown witch attempted to animate a suit of armor with the use of magic, but instead pulled a soul trapped in the Void then binding it to the armor. The witch was eventually found and slain for her illegal practice of magic and had her creation and research taken the College of Magic for investigation. Centuries later the Border Empire had took it upon themselves to free these lost souls, by providing them with suits of armor for bodies and decades later the Void Born became official citizens of the Border Empire, taking a ruined city near the borders of the Empire and Britain and naming it Rolm as their own. The Void Born had become a rather honorable and fair lot, following the lead of their personal leader, the Emerald Knight, who practice the Britannian code of chivalry. They are considered Undead , due to them not feeling the sensation of pain, hunger, thirst or exhaustion, and are resistant to magic, being unaffected by most forms of it, but miracles or holy items can cause them to become unstable and even unbind them from their armor bodies. Their Undead nature makes them hated by Verdantkin and Beastmen, while treated with suspicion by Britannians and some Bordermen.

-Verdantkin:
'I have seen my family die due to plague. I've seen brothers burn because of Border Machines and I have seen my own men risen from the dead to fight once more, but the cost of feeding these brutes is the most horrifying thing I've ever seen.' -Verdantkin Noble paying for his Nug Bodyguard's meal.
The Verdantkin are a race of pointed eared humanoids found in the mysterious forests of Verdant-Home. The Verdantking come in two flavors, based on what time they were born in; pale skin and blue eyes if born during the day and dark skinned with red eyes if born at night. They seem themselves as the oldest proper empire in the known world, making them rather arrogant and prideful, as they live high in their tree cities, practicing magic and hunting in the forests as they worship their twin goddess, looking down on the humans, Nugs, Wastelanders and the like. But that pride cost them dearly as the Verdantkin are currently in a population crisis as a failed attempted genocide of the Wastelanders resulting in a horrible plague two centuries ago, leaving them from near 37 million to a mere 3 million humbling them quite significantly. The Verdantkin home of Verdanthome is located east starting at the base of Nuglar.

-Beastman:
'I didn't ask to be born like this. I didn't ask to be half-human, half-...dog I think. I didn't ask to watch my mother and father fight and die in the pits and I didn't ask for my friends to be slaughtered and killed by skeletons while we ran for the border. I just wanted enough to get a place of my own so I can finally ask myself what I want for myself. I thought you of all people would understand, but apparently not.'-Female Beastman thief talking to a Void Born Interrogator
The Beast Men of Stallia can be said to created as a sick experiment of the Mad Queen of Stallia, trying to ammuse herself by combining humans with various animals found in her empire; wolves, cats, even insects and birds. Needless to say, the Beastmen only kept her amused for a few decades, and after she was bored attempted to kill them all by hosting massive gladiatorial bouts in her fighting pits. To escape a fate in the fighting pits many Beastmen escaped to the Border Empire as the enemy of my enemy happens to be my friend. Stallia is located south of the Border Empire.

-Wastelander:
'You..are here to rob me? Well then here. Take my things.Take my coins, take my weapons and take my supplies as well. I'm sure they'll serve you better then they will of me, since you are so desperate as to mug me. I only wish I have more to give you.' -A Wastelander's response to being mugged
The Wastelanders of the Northern Wastes are...for lack of a better term, content. They are generally happy with themselves and are usually more then ready to forgive any transgressions set upon them. Even the attempted Genocide perpitrated by the Verdantkin was quickly forgiven a year afterwards and nearly forgotten a decade later. The Wastelanders live in the Northern Wastes, a plague ridden land that are filled with diseases of all kinds, so much so that an hour inside the Wasteland without magical protection will KILL most living beings. However the Wastelanders are not more living beings. They not only survive in the Northern Wastes but embraced it, having rotting greenish skin, pale hair, and a plethora of mutations ranging from extra eyes and extra limbs to pincer like hands and whip like tongues. Their home of the Northern Wastes, lay north of the Border Empire.

-Nugs:
'You eat their grain. You eat their horses. You eat their supplies, rations and take their gold to buy food for the walk home. Just don't eat them. I know it's strange but the boss don't like that for some reason.' -Nug Mercenary Captain explaining things to a new recruit
Large, powerful, fat, creatures hailing from the mountains of Nuglar, the Nugs are a people of violence, brutality and feasting. They think with their fists and stomachs first, but that doesn't mean they are stupid. They simply think in a different way, gearing their minds towards a form of brutish cunning as that's the only way to put meat in the pot. In fact Nugs are a race dedicated to the concept of eating. So much so that the Nugs would eat their own dead and the dead of other races if given the chance. Their pantheon is literally built around feasting, with their afterlife being a giant dining hall. The need to eat is so great that Nugs would oftentimes journey down Nuglar to sell themselves off for seemingly on the cheap, as they would charge very little as long as the employer pays for food costs, then they see how much and how fast a Nug can clear a table and they immediately regret the decision, until the Nug actually gets to work, standing at 10ft tall and fighting with the strength of 10 men, with the bulk to survive even handgun fire. The Nug's land of origin is Nuglar, located east of the Border Empire.

Magic is a touchy thing in an RP as it can be used to essentially make a character OP if improperly used. In Lore Magic is carefully maintained and managed as it can destroy entire towns, or kill the caster if used improperly. Therefore if you want a character to use magic, you need to either make them a dropout of the Stahlhiem College of Magic, or an illegal witch. Witches are a catchall term for illegal mages. If you want to make a character who can use magic, please message me so we can discuss. For now here are the school of magics, Belch Magic and Sigils

Schools of Magic
(General Schools of Magic: Used by All Races save for Nugs and Void Born)
-School of Fire: Creation and manipulation fire
-School of Ice: Creation and manipulation of ice
-School of Thunder: Creation and manipulation thunder
-School of Winds: Creation and manipulation of wind
-School of Nature: Manipulation of plants and earth
-School of Plague: Manipulation of diseases and illnesses
-School of Beasts: Communication and control of beasts
-School of Metal: Alteration and manipulation of metal
-School of Life: Healing of the body and mind
-School of Death: Resurrection and manipulation of the dead
-School of Light: Manipulation of light from all sources
-School of Shadows: Manipulation of shadows from all sources
-School of Psykers: Psychic powers such as telekenises and telepathy
-School of Illusions: Creation of illusions
-School of Summoning: Summoning and dispelling minor demons and holy beings

Belch Magic
Belch Magic is different in the sense that Nugs that are born with the capablity to do magic, show it but being able to burp different effects based on the food they eat. If they eat something spicy, then they burp of flames. If they eat something cold, they burp up ice and if they eat healing herbs they burp out a healing wind. As it states above Nug Magic can only be used by Nugs.

Sigils
Before the Void Born became who they were, the Rolmens as they were know, utilized magic known as Sigils, runes carved into armor and weapons to be used on by voice command. The Void Born, being living armor can use these Sigils without draining the Sigils of magic as the Sigil is a part of the Void Born, and thus cannot be drained of it's magic by the wielder and other Void Born.

-Sigil of Fire: Shoot a barrage of fireballs at your enemies
-Sigil of Thunder: Launch thunder and lightning from your Sigil to smite your foes
-Sigil of Metal: A passive Sigil that strengthens the steel of a Void Born, making it durable enough to deflect handgun fire.
-Sigil of Shadows: Surround yourself with Shadows in order to become invisible
-Sigil of Light: Blinds enemies
-Sigil of Life: Provides Curing and Healing to your allies
-Sigil of Beasts: Allows for control over lesser beasts
-Sigil of Illusions: Create short lived illusions to confuse and frighten those around you
-Sigil of Force: Forcefully push and pull enemies and allies
-Sigil of Traps: Combines with Fire, Thunder, Light or Shields to create a fire, thunder, flash or shield mine respectively
-Sigil of Shields: Create a magic directional shield that protects against physical and magical attacks.

Last edited:
i'm totally interested in this !

may i know if there is a limit to members or anything ?

Name: coronaria clovara
Age (13-80): 18
Can Use Magic: Yes
School of Magic: Nature
Race: Beastmen
Type: Mammalian/wolf
Personality: Coronaria is... interesting to say the least. She is extremely loyal to those she calls friends but can come off as being rather distant as she does not like to socialize with strangers but if you are lucky enough to be called her friend she will risk her life to protect you. As for when she is in combat she would be considered a monster and for good reason.
Appearance: Coronaria has long brown hair and bright green eyes. A wood like substance covers most of her body like they were tattoos. She also has wolf ears and a big bushy tail she wears a cloak at all times to keep her identity hidden. She also has a second form of sorts that acts like body armor and greatly resembles the undead spriggins found in the corrupted part of the deepwood.
Background: Coronaria is originally from stalia as most beastmen are of course however her past is not that great. She was sent to a farm of sorts at 12 where they had the beastmen farm but they might as well have been slaves still the owner was also very abusive to the beast men. Long story short she fled the farm to look for her father and managed to create a long history of killing through the years. . She has thankfully gotten away with most of it but is currently wanted in britain due to there finally being witnesses to her crime that managed to live.

are there any guidelines or rules for character naming? like? certain alphabets or phoenetics favoured for certain races?

are there any guidelines or rules for character naming? like? certain alphabets or phoenetics favoured for certain races?

Bordermen tend to have Germanic sounding names like Elmer Stüber or Hulda Schichau

Britannians tend to have French/English names such as Christian Caboche or Johanna Baillet. Nobles tend to have titles such as Lord Adam the Builder or Lady Perrotte the Patient

Void Born tend to have Roman names such as Placus or Alda but since they primarily live in the Border Empire, they also take Germanic sounding names

Verdantkin names tend to get longer the higher up they are on the political chain with the surnames of 'Of House *insert*, so a Verdantkin commoner can be named something like Lar of House Dortablin and Adol of House Considia, while a noble can be named something like Festinia of House Cimber and Hiarlissielmi of House Asevosha.

Beastmen, if they were born in Stallia, would tend to have names based in the Spanish Renaissance such as Arias de Pisaand Catelina Sesto, but if they were born in the Border Empire or managed to escape to the Border Empire they take on new names that is similar to theirs such as Jakob Amann or Karla Senger

Wastelanders have names that sound rather Nordic with their surnames being based on their occupation such as Drirro Croftmen and Bhamne Drancer.

Nugs names are generally based on either their favorite foods or what how they wished to be cooked when they die such as Shish Krum Baub and Hum Braguer.

(Wastelander)
Name: Dub/Bult Twiceroar

Age (13-170): 41

Can Use Magic: Yes although only Bult can

School of Magic: School of Psykers

Race: Wastelander

Mutations: An extra head, Bult, complete with full autonomy from the rest of the body. Bult is capable of using magic.

Personality: At first glance, the two don't really act much different. Both are loud and outgoing, often completing one another's sentences and generally enjoy talking. It's only after you get to know the two that the minute differences begin to show. Dub is kinder and more soft spoken of the two, often trying not too offend and cheer others up, but behind that there is a cold intelligence that rarely makes itself known. Bult on the other hand is more brash and unafraid to insult, saying what he means with little meandering and often urges Dub towards action.

During rare combat these two personalities seem to switch around. Dub becomes angrier, more prone to berserk charges and violence while Bult seemingly quiets up, only speaking to warn Dub or to cast a spell, analysing the situation at all times in order to capitalise upon any weaknesses.

Appearance: The two are large, just under 7 feet tall and are built like an American football player. They have dark brown skin with black hair. That is where the similarities end. Dub has a smooth, refined jaw, high cheekbones, a hawklike nose and green eyes so vibrant they seem to glow. Dub's hair is long, straight and silky, reaching his shoulders. Bult has a large, strong jaw and nose, with an almost permanently furrowed brow and purple eyes that do actually glow, betraying the hidden magic within him. Bult has short cropped hair and a decently sized beard for one of his age.

Background: Born and raised in the wasteland, the Mutant Dubbult was born larger than his siblings. While his brothers and sisters had wings, claws, arms and tails all Dubbult had was a displaced head and a small growth on the other end of his shoulders. It would only take his parents a few months however to realise that the lump wasn't all it seemed. Over the time since he was born, they had seen it growing.

The lump would continue to grow for years, eventually taking on the shape of Dubbult's face. Eyes grew, a skull formed and fused and teeth grew. However, even when the head was seemingly grown, all it did was sit there limply upon Dubbult's body. It would be another year of this until, one morning, the head spoke. Fully independent, the head had the memories of Dubbult yet the outlook of a newborn child. A newborn child capable of utilising powers unknown to Dubbult.

It would take a bit of time and no small amount of arguments and concessions for a name to be decided upon for the head, as the head refused to be called anything other than Dubbult while Dubbult refused to change it. In a childish compromise they decided to split the name. Dubbult would become Dub while the head would identify as Bult.

Years would pass and eventually the duo would leave the nest, venturing further south towards the other empires in order to make their living as an adventurer/mercenary duo (the last part was Bult's idea). Their unique appearance, demeanour and natural combative ability garnering them renown as they accept and complete missions known to be almost impossible by other adventurers.

With the recent call to arms of their Guild by the Border Empire the duo have made their way south in order to serve as freelance mercenaries(Bult) and help those in need (Dub).

Name: coronaria clovara
Age (13-80): 18
Can Use Magic: Yes
School of Magic: Nature
Race: Beastmen
Type: Mammalian/wolf
Personality: Coronaria is... interesting to say the least. She is extremely loyal to those she calls friends but can come off as being rather distant as she does not like to socialize with strangers but if you are lucky enough to be called her friend she will risk her life to protect you. As for when she is in combat she would be considered a monster and for good reason.
Appearance: Coronaria has long brown hair and bright green eyes. A wood like substance covers most of her body like they were tattoos. She also has wolf ears and a big bushy tail she wears a cloak at all times to keep her identity hidden. She also has a second form of sorts that acts like body armor and greatly resembles the undead spriggins found in the corrupted part of the deepwood.
Background: Coronaria is originally from stalia as most beastmen are of course however her past is not that great. She was sent to a farm of sorts at 12 where they had the beastmen farm but they might as well have been slaves still the owner was also very abusive to the beast men. Long story short she fled the farm to look for her father and managed to create a long history of killing through the years. . She has thankfully gotten away with most of it but is currently wanted in britain due to there finally being witnesses to her crime that managed to live.
(Wastelander)
Name: Dub/Bult Twiceroar

Age (13-170): 41

Can Use Magic: Yes although only Bult can

School of Magic: School of Psykers

Race: Wastelander

Mutations: An extra head, Bult, complete with full autonomy from the rest of the body. Bult is capable of using magic.

Personality: At first glance, the two don't really act much different. Both are loud and outgoing, often completing one another's sentences and generally enjoy talking. It's only after you get to know the two that the minute differences begin to show. Dub is kinder and more soft spoken of the two, often trying not too offend and cheer others up, but behind that there is a cold intelligence that rarely makes itself known. Bult on the other hand is more brash and unafraid to insult, saying what he means with little meandering and often urges Dub towards action.

During rare combat these two personalities seem to switch around. Dub becomes angrier, more prone to berserk charges and violence while Bult seemingly quiets up, only speaking to warn Dub or to cast a spell, analysing the situation at all times in order to capitalise upon any weaknesses.

Appearance: The two are large, just under 7 feet tall and are built like an American football player. They have dark brown skin with black hair. That is where the similarities end. Dub has a smooth, refined jaw, high cheekbones, a hawklike nose and green eyes so vibrant they seem to glow. Dub's hair is long, straight and silky, reaching his shoulders. Bult has a large, strong jaw and nose, with an almost permanently furrowed brow and purple eyes that do actually glow, betraying the hidden magic within him. Bult has short cropped hair and a decently sized beard for one of his age.

Background: Born and raised in the wasteland, the Mutant Dubbult was born larger than his siblings. While his brothers and sisters had wings, claws, arms and tails all Dubbult had was a displaced head and a small growth on the other end of his shoulders. It would only take his parents a few months however to realise that the lump wasn't all it seemed. Over the time since he was born, they had seen it growing.

The lump would continue to grow for years, eventually taking on the shape of Dubbult's face. Eyes grew, a skull formed and fused and teeth grew. However, even when the head was seemingly grown, all it did was sit there limply upon Dubbult's body. It would be another year of this until, one morning, the head spoke. Fully independent, the head had the memories of Dubbult yet the outlook of a newborn child. A newborn child capable of utilising powers unknown to Dubbult.

It would take a bit of time and no small amount of arguments and concessions for a name to be decided upon for the head, as the head refused to be called anything other than Dubbult while Dubbult refused to change it. In a childish compromise they decided to split the name. Dubbult would become Dub while the head would identify as Bult.

Years would pass and eventually the duo would leave the nest, venturing further south towards the other empires in order to make their living as an adventurer/mercenary duo (the last part was Bult's idea). Their unique appearance, demeanour and natural combative ability garnering them renown as they accept and complete missions known to be almost impossible by other adventurers.

With the recent call to arms of their Guild by the Border Empire the duo have made their way south in order to serve as freelance mercenaries(Bult) and help those in need (Dub).

Both Approved. Please wait for spell list

Border(wo)man.

Name: Lea Kaiser

Can Use Magic: No

School of Magic: N/A

Race: Human/borderman

Personality: A little bit spacey, absentminded. Easily excited.

Appearance: Average height, average appearance. Brown hair, brown eyes, and not very memorable features. Narrow build and a little on the heavier side. All soft features and a round face.

Background: Lea was born to two inventor parents who, while not unkind or unloving, they were not the most observant as they were always interested in what they were creating. This meant they spent little time with Lea and even less so as she grew older. This meant she had learned to care for herself at a young age and had developed her own absentmindedness.

----

I'll add some more details as she gets some play time and I get a feel for her, so it's a little on the light side.

Last edited:
Back