Altuet

Cinnamon Bear

The sun rises from its bed nestled between the valley of the two highest peaks off the east horizon. It’s eyes blink through the waterfall, whose roar could be heard for miles, as smaller falls try to mimic its power. It is May now, and spring is taking its time bringing life back into the rivers, valleys, pastures, and mountainsides. The very high peaks are slow to melt its snow, but meanwhile in the lower areas there is a takeover of green; a cool hue that is bursting with the refreshing winter aftermath.
The morning is clear and all the birds have returned as a wave of sound, their tunes filling the ears of all living creatures. Carved out of a third mountain, third highest in the land of many peaks, is the town of Altuet. Its people are hard workers, each family claimed with a particular profession. The Friday morning had a slow start, but for 7:30 everyone was hard at work.
It was too early in the year for people to be concerned with dragons. Right now their biggest fear were bears and mountain lions. Those who worked outside stayed wary, but few were alone on this misty morning.
Children were playing in the streets, gawking at the newcomers. Thursday and Friday were the days traders came to visit in their greatest numbers. At least three quarters of the many that came in weekly were newcomers, so there was never an old face to greet. They would check in at the large guest house, and spend their few days and nights here learning, buying, and selling.
Like most of the people of Altuet, their occupation was within their own house. The Vieves house stood out though; since their business was plants, their home in particular was overcome with Ivy and moss and mushrooms. There was a separate area attached to the house, made up largely of windows, and what today might be called a greenhouse. There was a stone lined path from the small road to the front door to the conservatory in a "T" fashion. Her mother was examining a particular, rare type of ivy that was inching up and around the conservatory windows. Her father was inside the kitchen, brewing a batch of essence for the town doctor.
Zora Vieves, for a couple hours now, was very far away from a the gentle bustle. Her grandfather sent her out to collect Stinking Benjamin, a flower that smelled of rotting flesh. They were common this time of year and as many as possible had to be collected since they provided many necessary benefits, both medicinally and practically.
She wasn't far from the pasture, where the sheep were. She thought about the sheep and the boy who guided them. She thought about everyone. For how much she thought, she found it hard to do, because her head was too safe of a place to dream of a different reality. One where she could fly high above all the mountains and see every peak, every treetop. Then she stumbled upon another Stinging Benjamin, and realized how much more interesting life was up close. She smelled the flower and smiled. The more foul they smelled the more she loved what they did for her- for her family. She tucked it away in her burlap, leather lined satchel and carried on.

Kazesr sighed as he pulled himself out of bed, rubbing his eyes slowly as he tried to wake himself up. He hadn’t slept well that night as his mother’s arm had started to get infected again and he was needed to keep her calm. ‘I have to go get something to help that’ he thought to himself letting out a yawn, stretching his arms high above his head. His bed gave a loud groan as Kazesr sat up, the entire bed creaking and whining in protest but like he did every morning he completely ignored it. Heading towards his closet he quickly got himself dressed in his favourite outfit, he gave a small smile as he looked at himself in the cracked mirror. The entire house was worn and beaten, hardly holding itself together but it was better than nothing, and certainly better than trying to rebuild their old house by scratch. Grabbing the handle on his door, he left his room and made his way to the kitchen where both of his parents were already sitting. “Morning hun” his mother remarked, her good arm in the process of pooring water into the cups set up. Her other arm was cut off at the elbow, the entire thing completely wrapped in white bandages which had to be changed daily. “Morning mum, morning dad” he said blandly his voice containing a thick accent that was difficult to place. His father had yet to say a word to Kazesr, but this was normal and Kazesr didn’t press. Ever since the fire his father had been struggling to breath, his voice had become scratchy and hoarse. He had just sort of stopped talking in an attempt to lessen the pain and as far as Kazesr knew it worked pretty well. Snatching one of the sandwiches off of the plate he took a large bite, consuming nearly half of it in one bite, “How’s yer arm mum” he said through a full mouth as he continued to shove the sand which in his mouth as quick as he could. “Better, but you still need to go to the Vieves and get the herbs for it” she said rolling her eyes at her son’s bad manners. Finishing off the sand which Kazesr gave a curt nod and started towards the door, “I know, I will be back later” he said seemingly ina rush to leave as he opened the door, slamming it behind him. From there he briskly made his way towards their house, easily finding it as it stuck out like a sore thumb. He was careful to keep his head down and avoid eye contact, trying to ignore the stares and strange looks people were giving him. Reaching the house he walked up to the door and knocked on it, raping with the back of his knuckles against the pine wood door. It would probably be a lot easier just to head to the doctor instead and get the medicine from them, but his mother insisted that he get the herbs fresh.

Glenklyn scurried out of his nest, made from a mixture of twigs and cloth and what ever else he could find. He had hidden the small nest in a hollow tree trunk, besides a small stream and a couple of bushes that bore berries that had a sour taste. He often would usually go to the village and scavenge for food eating the berries as a last resort, which happened a lot more often then he would like to admit. Climbing out of the empty tree trunk he started to make his way towards where the village laid but he froze as he could suddenly sense something else, the sound of the dirt softly crunching under their feet, their soft breath like an echo in his ears. He struggled to spot what ever it was but the different shades of the items around him all seemed to merge together making it nearly impossible to spot them. Wrapping his wings around him he pulled himself as close to the ground as he could and covered himself in a foul smelling plant in an attempt to mask his smell. The natural greens of his scales helping him blend in with the plants around him, as his eyes continued to shift around trying to spot the creature.

Azusa, Zora's mother, knew it was Kazesr without even looking. After visiting their home bearing gifts to help them get through the great loss they had dealt, she was told mother told her how she planned on sending her son up this morning to pick up whatever a special mixture the family had been coming up with together. Azusa poked her head around the side of the green house and waved him over. "Kazesr!"

Meanwhile, Zora was distracted. As she pushed the flowers around in her satchel to make room for more, she stepped right over the plant. She heard a quick swish of air cutting movement. Being so trapped in her head, she sound startled her to bits, and her racing head began confusing where the noise came from. She looked all around her. She glanced up at the mountainside looking down at her, roughly seeing the tips of chimneys. She then looked out and around, keeping her head high for any mountain lions. If there were a mountain lion in her presence, she was done for - and it was such a good morning until now. After moments of feeling like all life on earth had stopped, she resumed to reality and quickly bent down to snatch the flower and run. She placed on hand on the ground and yelped at the touch of something cold and scaly.

With wide darting eyes, Spitz searched frantically amongst the darkness he was enshrouded upon as not even the gentle glow of his scales revealed where his whereabouts were. What is this...what is this place? I-I can't move...I can't feel anything... Just as these thoughts flew by, he could hear a gentle sobbing in the distance and a familiar one at that. His mother... Spitz would never forget any aspect of his care taker, especially after the incident.

The sobbing begins grow louder and louder until eventually, the dragonet's old home from the cave gently faded in. In front of him, Reina, his mother, sits with her light blue coloured scaly back facing him him. The flash of lightning illuminates the cave for a mere second before thunder followed shortly after as the cave returned to its dim state. Heavy pitter-patter of rain and howling wind could also be heard coming from behind. It was raining just like this the day mum...oh my god. N-No, this can't be...
"My little diamond..." The simple voice in her words cut through Spitz's thoughts like a knife to the brain. It had been so long since he's heard her soothing voice. "Why did you have to go and do that..." she continued, only this time a sense of dread shot through the dragonet. The sound of rain and the winds had suddenly quieted leaving only an eerie silence.
"M-Mom, please I miss you so much... I-I didn't mean to le-"
"WHY DID YOU LEAVE ME TO DIE?!?!" his mother's voice schreeched just as another flash of lightning shot through the sky. Reina's face illuminated in the moment of suprise and Spitz was horrified. Her face was utterly and horriby decayed with maggots and caked in blood. Tears of red streamed down her cheeks, rotten pink flesh of her right cheek dangled off and her left eye was completely missing.
~~~~~~~~~
"Waaah! Nooo! I'm sorry mommy, I'm so-" The loud sound of wood could be heard slamming into Spitz's skull just as he'd had rammed his head upwards. Pain shot through the youngin's head and teeth as he slowly came to from the nightmare. He grunts in pain and began to rub the top of his head with a paw. "Only a dream..." the dragon mumbles amongst himself crawling out from his sleeping spot of hay. Morning light shone through the multiple holes within the heavily damaged abandoned barn and the usual smell of hay hung in the air. Plant life and various other things grew and entered within the old building; Occasionally, If Spitz were lucky, he'd be able to sneak up on an rabbit camping out, kill it, and eat it for breakfast rather than steal something for his first meal. Hmph... I swear, if I keep having nightmares like that i'm going to make another hole somewhere. Pfft, maybe knock the whole thing down. Boy, would that be some way go...

After some time of stretching and delving deeply into thoughts about what must've been one of the worst nightmare's he's ever had, the dragon climbs up to the second floor of the barn and rummages through a collected stash of stolen jewelry and crafts. Hmm, what should I wear for today's new batch of traders... Anything flashy would be a bad thing probably, especially today. Ah, a ring ought to do... Sitting up on his haunches, Spitz picks up a gold ring with an small black gem of some sort lodged into the center and slides it down his left horn as far as it'd go. Right then, no time to admire myself in the mirror. I want to get a head start on the first batch of newbies...

With that, the dragonet scoops the picked out crafts and puts them back into the remains of an heavily damaged barrel and glides down to the second floor, squeezes through one of the holes on the side of the stale barn, and bounds towards the direction of the village. It wasn't too far of an journey, maybe fifteen to twenty minutes walking, but only five flying. Spitz wasn't quite fond of the idea of flying however, although he knew the basics of gliding and whatnot, he felt more comfortable walking there instead. Besides, it's a beautiful day for someone to be robbed. Spitz hums one of his favorite tunes he'd heard during one of the human holidays; His bioluminescence symbols blinked and pulsed in sync with the rhythm as he descended down the vast hill closer to the village.

(Let me know if you spot anything weird for my post)

Casse Ravenot

Casse was getting ready to leave. She had woken up hungry, only to notice that someone had eaten every last bit of bread from their larder. Grumpily she had gone through her family’s savings and taken just enough money for her to buy a loaf of bread. Casse had taken her old backpack that had been laying atop an old shelf, put the money in a little side pocket and thrown it on her back. Just as Casse opened the door to leave, her father slouched out from his bedroom. He was a handsome man, even now in his older days. His deep brown hair had started to grow grey strands but that didn’t seem to bother him. He acted young and was always smiling, even though one could think he had no reason to smile. As he had gotten older, his smile had left permanent wrinkles in the corners of his eyes.
Casse flashed her father a quick smile and he answered it tiredly. ”Going to town, I suppose?” her father asked as he opened the larder. He frowned seeing the emptiness of the insides. ”We’re all out of bread”, he murmured.
”That’s the reason I’m going, father”, Casse sighed impatiently.
Her father turned his gaze towards Casse and smiled widely. ”Oh yes, but of course, how silly of me not to realize”, he said gently and closed the larder. He walked up to his daughter and placed his hand on her shoulder. ”Your mother is still asleep but we don’t need to wake her up”, he said lowering his voice. ”She doesn’t need to know how irresponsible I have been by letting us run out of bread, right?” Then he let his arm fall down and winked at Casse. Casse let out a quiet laugh and stepped out of the door.
”No we don’t”, she admitted. ”I’ll be back before she even notices I’m gone.”
She turned and gave her father one last smile before closing the door.
Casse strolled around town eyeing the offerings of different merchants. She didn’t like wandering the town on her own, especially not during these times when traders came in large numbers to visit. Casse had to zigzag in between people trying to see what the merchants had without being squished or accidentally crashing into someone. This was something she was not used to in the peace of her own home and often had to grit her teeth not to rudely shove people out of the way.
Finally Casse made her way through the crowd and saw a little booth with handmade pastries in it. Behind the counter was a little old lady. The offerings she was shouting did seem less expensive than the other’s and Casse made the assumption that this old lady was not necessarily after money. For Casse this was very fortunate. As she was making her way up to the booth, something in the background caught her attention. It was the extraordinary house covered in greenery that she had stared at in amazement many times before. She found especially curious the glass structure next to it. Casse noticed someone on the door. They were surprisingly tall and Casse was sure she hadn’t seen this person before; she would surely remember them. She examined this stranger while her feet moved forward. As Casse was so caught in her own thoughts, she didn’t notice an old man standing a few feet in front of the booth. Casse paced quickly and rammed onto the old man. The impact made Casse stumble a few steps forward before she flew to the ground giving a loud cry. Her backpacks side pocket opened and the money in it spread everywhere. She lay on the ground cursing under her breath and heard the old man crashing into the booth. I really hate this town, she thought to herself.

(After what feels like forever I finally got this done. And now I didn't study for my exam oops.)

Glenklyn jumped backwards as he felt something touch his back, and his black spines which had been laying flat against his back sprung up in a defensive sort of way. His eyes quickly spotted the girl in front of him, and calming down he stared her down. “What are youse here?” He asked in his broken English trying his best to think up the right words. He had always hated English, and all their strange mouth shapes and words, but it seemed to be the only thing thing they understood.

Kazesr jumped as a voice came from his side, though he calmed down as he recognised the name. Squinting his eyes he attempted to discern Azusa from the green blurry house, and after a couple of minutes he finally managed to do so. “Good mornin” He said cheerily as he made his way towards her, hand on the wall to help guide himself over. “We ran out of Goldenrod last night, and I was hopin to retrieve some more” he explained eyes surveying around him.

Azusa brightly nodded her head. "Yes, goldenrod will do your mother and father nicely." She rambled about various plants as she lead him around the side of the greenhouse. "All these herbs here have been put into the mixture...." Her enthusiasm made her stumble over her words as if there was a backup and they were all piling up just past her lips, all spilling out of conrtol. She was having the time of her life spilling her heart over his family, especially since the two mothers were close friends since adolescence. They followed the petite path to the backdoor of the house, and in the spacious and sturdy kitchen was the grandfather. He was drinking ale already and was intently hovering over the oven, flames napping at a pot steaming with something exotic. The mother's intense enthusiasm and social butterfly-ness made it obvious that she wedded into a family of solemn workers. She pulled two small leather pouches from the cabinet and placed them before him. "These are fresh herbs. These are dried. Burn these, and eat these."

Zora covered her mouth in shock, but to her surprise she was astounded and intrigued more than fearful of the small, English speaking, almost but not quite lizard like creature. At first she couldn't believe her eyes that it was a dragon. She's done all but seen one in her entire life. Zora was still frozen, but she managed to breath now. It was only a small dragon. He looks docile enough, and maybe a dragon wasn't so bad in comparison to a mountain lion. She remained silent, and keeping eye contact with the creature, grabbed the flower. Her movements were shaky, and so fascinated by the beast she dropped the long stemmed, red flower at its feet.

Kazesr just nodded listening to Azusa ramble, as Male smile on his face. He could remeber before the accident how his mother would often head to their house for hours on end just talking with Azusa. “Thank you” He said softly as he accepted both pouches careful to put the dried ones in his left pocket and the fresh in his right so as not to mix them up. He turned around about to leave before pausing and glancing back at Azusa, “you know, if you are not to busy I am sure my mum would love if you came over today” he suggested.

Glenklyn actually began to laugh as the girl trembled to the point of dropping the things she was gather in fear of him. “You sstrange” He snickered as he picked up the flower in his mouth and offered it back to the girl. When she didn’t take it right away he just dropped it down at her hand not really wanting to hold it anymore as it’s stem left an awful taste in his mouth. He noticed that she continued to stare silently and he tilted his head confused, “What?” He asked.

Azusa smiled. “Our conversation was cut short earlier this week. And you know how work tends to be never ending with all the plants coming up now.” She glanced around. “Oh! I knew I was forgetting something. She crossed the kitchen and picked up a stiff, plain looking plant with shoots with ridges in them. “A Chinese man came through town yesterday. I paid a pretty cent for it. He promised that it would rid any filth in the air. I’d like you to keep it in your home. I’m curious if it’ll help your father.” The botanist in her was screaming “experiment.” She handed the boy the plant. “Before the weekend is out I’ll visit your mother.”

Zora smiled. “I’m just a little startled.” Her smile faded. She quickly picked up the flower and stashed it away in her bag. He wiped her hand from the bit of saliva that was on the stem, not sure of how safe it was. She stiffened up and realized that this whole encounter was probably not safe. How did she know that there wasn’t a bigger, much more frightful dragon nearby. In a quick utterance, eager to play it safe, Zora said “Goodbye.” She felt guilty. Not many people saw dragons, and she’s always been taught to fear them and not associate with them. She was ashamed to be so quick to play it safe, but it was bad enough she was alone, hundreds of yards away from anyone who could possibly hear her. She walked with slight haste, and paused at the edge of the forest where the pasture opened up.

Kazesr once again nodded looking over the plant curiously, “Alrighty, I’ll make sure to tell you if it helps” he assured her. Hugging the pot close to his body he gave Azusa one last smile before starting towards the exit, his pace brisk. He wanted to hurry and get home as he knew his mother’s arm had been getting much worse lately despite her attempts to deny old see the pain in her eyes every time she moved. And his father was really starting concern both him and his mother, he hardly eats anymore and based on what his mum told him he hardly slept either. Letting out a quite sigh, his posture began to slouch as his thoughts began to spiral down.

Glenklyn was about to say something else but the girl briskly walked off, and pouting he followed after her, trying his best not to lose her in the merging colours of the forest. He was becoming out of breath quite fast in an attempt to keep up with the girl and it was a relief when she finally stopped right at the forest’s edge. “Stop...what...name?” He asked weakly as he leaned against a tree in an attempt to catch his breath. He very much regretted following her, and just to learn her name for that matter, it seemed kinda stupid now that he thought about it but there was really no going back at this point.

Cinderwyn

Cinderwyn was humming to himself, and to the sheep. It was cold out, but he was busy patching a hole in his coat. It was getting to be more patches than it was coat at this point, and he sighed at it, giving it a critical eye. It might be worth trying to make another one. Or perhaps he should just head to the village and try to trade for one. Then again, spring was arriving, and he wasn't as likely to need a coat now that the warm weather was sweeping through the mountains. He could see it in the green grass, the snow melting away to finally give his sheep somewhere to graze again. Winters were always hard. This one had been no exception. He'd gotten a mild cough, and gotten into a fight with a mountain lion earlier in the week. He'd given up a sheep to save the flock, knowing he couldn't beat it, but he'd still managed to get himself a gash on the arm. He'd bound it, but he knew he would have to get it seen to as well. He was just hoping his cough didn't develop. His lungs didn't seem to remember how to heal very well. With the traders in the village, it seemed like everything was pointing him towards town. But he was happy to wait and let the sheep finish their breakfast before then.
His ears pricked up even before his mind registered danger. Something at the edge of the trees. He glanced up warily, feeling at the knife at his waist. It wasn't much, but it was something. His staff was a little further away, but he could get to it if needed.
His hand slipped away however, when he saw a girl emerge from the forest. His lungs may be rubbish, but his eyes were good. It was Zora. The healer's daughter. He blushed a little. He hadn't spoken to anyone practically since winter began. Let alone Zora. He had met her before-he often had to visit to collect herbs for his cough, and he sold them herbs and leaves and flowers he collected on his travels. He glanced into the pouch at his side. There wasn't much to offer them at winter, but there were some winter flowers Zora's mum always seemed willing to pay for. He held up a hand to Zora to get her attention, even though his stomach rebelled against calling over another person.
As Zora emerged from the trees however, he spotted a further movement at the edge of the forest. Zora was moving fast, and whatever that was zipping along behind her. Cinderwyn narrowed his eyes. It looked like a dragon. He'd seen it before. He'd seen a few dragons before. This one was small, harmless. They didn't get too close to the village, nor to his sheep. But they appeared to be getting close to Zora. Cinderwyn picked up his staff just in case.

Fenrin

To be posted XD

Lash had started his morning high in the sky, soaring above the valley, he had a bag clutched in one of his claws, minerals and metals ready for trade. He angled his body and started to dive, his wings tucked slightly in, enough to descend but not accelerate to fast. He aimed for the usual clearing, one that was a little ways away from the village, and sensing that nothing was in the vicinity, landed with a small boom.
He tucked his wings next to his body, and growled a few words, he closed his eyes as he felt his body start to change. His body shrunk and morphed from his natural draconic form to his unnatural human one.
The change finished and he stood up, opening his violet eyes, he breathed in through his human nose, and sighed. He reached into the pack and.pulled out a cloak, wrapping it around himself. He shouldered the pack and made his way through the forest and into the small village of Altuet.

When she took a final breath at her hault, she was relieved to see Cinderwyn. She seldom spoke to him, yet he always intrigued her. She wasn't quite sure how she felt about him though. Nevermind that. There was something she'd never encountered before just feet behind her, and she didn't know what to do. She heard it ask for her name. Her name. Her name? Oddly personable for a dragon. She gave a look of helplessness and distress towards Cinderwyn, even though he was probably too far away to even see her. She glanced behind her to see the poor thing, weak from the short distance traveled. "Zora," her mature, legato voice sang past the trees. Her face was stern, eyebrows crossed, strengthening the wrinkle between them.

It was going on 8:15. There was a distinct, productive nature typical of mid Friday mornings, and many smoke stacks started up as the whole town ate their first meal of the day. The morning was clear as of yet, and after last night's showers there was more to come. Dark clouds were forming in the far distance, travelling quickly towards Altuet.

Having finally caught his breath he gave the girl a confused looked mumbling to himself, “Zora?” Before just shaking his head and ignoring it. “Weird name. Glenklyn” he introduced looking up at the girl unsure what else to say. Something about this child intrigued him and he had no idea why.

Kazesr now not really paying attention to where he was going just sort of wandering around the town, eyes glued to the floor.

Fenrin

Fenrin ignored the children scattered around gawking at the traders. He'd been sent to welcome them, to show his face at their arrival. There were no big contracts coming to a point today, or Fenrin would have been at home, attending business meetings and prepping clients. Instead, he was moving among the people doing his bit the economy. And right now, that meant buying. He was in one of his favourite jackets, a black one with subtle gold embroidery near the cuffs and buttons. It fit him snugly, and despite the morning chill, it was enough to ward off the lingering cold winter had left behind. The noise was far harder to banish.
It was market day, he supposed. He could hardly stop the people from yelling their wares, in fact, he would never want that from a business perspective, but honestly, did they have to be so loud about it?
Despite having a perfectly good cook in his household-they liked having at least the pretence of nobility here, even though Ferin's studies had shown him they were anything but-Fenrin elected to buy some food from the public. He'd probably buy some fabric and put in an order for a new jacket to be tailored and his sword to be checked over at the smith's. Not that he ever planned on using it, but still. It was good to show themselves as part of the village community. And besides, he needed to see where the town's business was swinging. Traditionally their biggest earners were the healers. He glanced to the side. The healer's house was further down the street there. Everyone else tended to trade and barter ahead of paying. The only goods that really sold were what they sent to the outside, and with the tariffs on trade routes, Fenrin's family had that in a tight grip.
A commotion ahead caused a chaotic bubble in the foot traffic, and Fenrin cocked his head to the side as a girl fell, her money spilling out behind her. She wore a dirty dress, her red hair long, and a frown on her lips. He didn't doubt she was biting off loud curses. He didn't recognise her particularly. Something in his mind said fishing, but he wasn't sure they'd ever officially met. He did make fairly regular surveys of the village and its workers though. He sauntered over with his hands behind his back, slowing to a halt and cocking an eyebrow. "I would advise leaving the throwing your money around to those of us aiming to boost the economy," he smirked. He offered a hand to help her up.

Casse Ravenot

Casse heard the old man behind her crashing into the booth. She let out a few more curses and started to get up, but froze as someone stopped next to her. She turned her head upwards and faced a tall, handsome stranger with a grin on his face. He had very sharp features and wore an expensive looking coat. Casse realized he must’ve been in a very respected position. Even though her father had tried to explain to Casse who was in charge of what in the village, she never really had paid any attention, just nodded in boredom. Now she wished she had listened more.
Her beliefs were confirmed even further when the young man made a joke about how Casse should leave throwing money for those who boost the economy. This comment left Casse abashed and blood rose to her cheeks. She tried to cover her embarrassment by mumbling something about it being an accident but realized she was just making things worse. As the stranger offered his hand to Casse, she looked at him in suspicion. Why was this man wanting to help her? She didn’t know him and was sure it was true the other way around. But right now, it didn’t really matter what the man wanted, so Casse took her hand and he helped her up.
”Thank you”, Casse blurted and let go of the mans hand. She started wiping dust away from her dress. The sunlight reflected from the coins she had spilled and caught her attention. Casse sighed and kneeled to collect her remaining money. ”May I ask my helpers name?” she said while collecting the coins, trying to cover up her recent rudeness.

Zora was initially speechless, not sure whether to take offense from such a dragon such as he, but she let it slide from the tone of oblivion attached to the bold remark. She no longer feared it, but she remained at cautious distance. Her first instinct of response was to comeback with something even more sly, but she replaced it with something a little more safe. She fumbled with the strap on her bag and the loose material of her shirt, its fibers now coming apart from a couple years of wearing. "You're a bit small for a dragon, aren't you?" She wasn't sure how to interact with him, what he would take offense to. She inched closer and closer to it, as she became more and more intrigued with it from a science perspective.

Glenklyn shrugged the remark not really bothering him, “Glenklyn short. Not care really.” He said with a shrug. “Zora though. Zora smell different, strange. Is plant?” He asked the confusion bubbling up inside him. He knew that this girl was carrying quite a bit of those stinky plants, and he assume they were the reason she smelt the way she did. ‘Probably why I followed her’ he thought to himself. The girl seemed just as interested in him as he was in her which was a surprise considering he was no different than any other deranged, at least he didn’t think so.

"This plant is what smells, yes." She held open her bag for him to see. "Stinkin' Benjamins." Her eyes were shifting from the flowers to Glenklyn. "They probably smell like food to you."

“No! Yucky” he said cringing away from the horrid stench. He couldn’t fathom why she thought he would eat these horrible plants, he much preferred a nice piece of meat or maybe some fruit. “Plants strange” he said dismissively turning back to Zora. “Leaving soon?” He asked noticing how she seemed rather eager to go.

Back