Status
Not open for further replies.
The sickly-sweet smell was still overwhelming Shuichi's senses, causing the buzzing in his head to beat at the sides of his ears. He felt his vision falter for just a moment and he had to reach out and support himself against one of the bookcases. He swallowed roughly, though this just made him acutely aware the sick feeling that seemed to be pooling in his gut. A gross, unsettling feeling was settling over him, leading Shuichi to a terrible conclusion.

This was not a dream. This was not his imagination gone wild. This strange, horrible situation was somehow real. Nothing about it made sense to Shuichi, but he could no longer delude his mind. He let out a small gasp and looked toward what remained of Dear Lois. That had been a real being, now reduced to barely anything at all. Surely this was the work of a ghost as he had said earlier, right?

AEXtjWM.png

"I... I don't think so," he said, mostly talking to himself. He looked over the books the others were perusing and came to the same kind of chilling conclusion.

"The message that was left sounds as if it came from one of us from inside the station, not a ghost. Unless someone is trying to set us up, I don't see how you can interpret the message any other way..."

Which meant, of course, that this was the scene of a murder. Where would they go from there?

@Jeremi @Takumi @Yazzie @Lucky @Ver @Yun Lee @Crow @Alex Azure @Josh @MelodyMeister @York

"So she never saw it coming..." Jack ponders. "Well, we're not too good with detective work."

Jack then turns towards a familiar face.

"Oh, it's you," she says as she faces the one known as Simon, "we didn't notice you for the whole of yesterday."

@York

....Nothing. Man, this sucked. What was all this junk about godlike beings coming back to all planes of existance, even the 'mortal realm'? Still, she could see that this wasn't some amatuer theory book, this seemed like a serious book with some solid evidence, almost like a cult's book. She could definitely see why the death happened, maybe it didn't make sense to her, but to some crazy brain woman, Hazel supposed that she would be able to comprehend it. And if someone didn't want to someone to tell the meaning of the book, then....

A few questions lingered in her mind, and if they were answered, then maybe, her notes would help her out a lot more.

"Excuse me, miss? Can a ghost do this without possessing someone, or does the ghost need an....anchor to do physical stuff? Anyways, my main quesion is...how smart are these ghosts? Because we can definitely rule them out if they don't have the intelligence or ability to one: Kill Lois, for whatever motive, two: Ripping out pages that might have important infomation, and three: Writing that coffee message. In fact, do the ghosts usually kill? Or was this like a...way to prevent to stop important information about that book coming out?"

Sure, if it was the 'she knew too much' motive, then it was a barabric way to prevent someone from revealing the truth, but it still needed smarts anyways. And if ghosts don't have the smarts, then....it was one of the people here. Hazel scribbled out notes in her notebook, tracking all the clues, and all the theories, especially her own.

@Jeremi @Everyone?​

Monika couldn't help let out a sigh of relief when Grelle cleared up exactly what she meant. To be honest , Monika couldn't help but feel a little on edge after a body was discovered . Not because she had done anything wrong in this case, but because she had done things, terrible things in the past, and if that ever got out, she would be the number one suspect in any future murders, that would not be good.

"Forgive me for being a little defensive, I guess I'm just a little paranoid." She responded shakily, when Grelle suggested finding a way to capture the ghost, Monika perked up.

"Um... do you think an exorcism would work, I know they were traditionally reserved for demons, but it could be worth a shot, right?" She asked, not really sure what to do in this situation.

@Jeremi
@MelodyMeister
@Takumi

"We'd need a certified exorcist for that, can't say anyone here has that knowledge," Janine replied to Monika. "Unless you are certified by the church?"

Grell waved Monika's concern away with a hand. "No darling, that wasn't an accusation. As you seem one of the least likely among us, I was using you as an example."

As Theo suggested fire wielders, Grell nodded. "Though simply weilding fire is not enough. This fire was not a normal one-otherwise more than merely Lois and the pages would've been charred! Besides...do you think my cinematic records could just be burnt by any old normal fire?"

Though as the topic of dealing with their culprit came up...hm. "Well, ethically speaking, I suppose we have to let them live if they were possessed, yes? Maybe there's a way to catch the ghost who possessed them once we find out who they possessed?"

@Jeremi @Takumi @Yazzie @Lucky @Ver @Atomic Knight @Crow @Alex Azure @Josh @MelodyMeister

"Yeah, we don't have to kill the one being possessed if we find them," Kylie chimed in still trying to figure out how they could actually find the ghost if someone in the group actually was possessed.

As far as the fire talk was concerned Hector decided to echo his previous statement. "As mentioned one of my familiars has the power to produce flame, but I'm afraid it would leave a far worse mess then what we have here in front of us."

The sickly-sweet smell was still overwhelming Shuichi's senses, causing the buzzing in his head to beat at the sides of his ears. He felt his vision falter for just a moment and he had to reach out and support himself against one of the bookcases. He swallowed roughly, though this just made him acutely aware the sick feeling that seemed to be pooling in his gut. A gross, unsettling feeling was settling over him, leading Shuichi to a terrible conclusion.

This was not a dream. This was not his imagination gone wild. This strange, horrible situation was somehow real. Nothing about it made sense to Shuichi, but he could no longer delude his mind. He let out a small gasp and looked toward what remained of Dear Lois. That had been a real being, now reduced to barely anything at all. Surely this was the work of a ghost as he had said earlier, right?

AEXtjWM.png

"I... I don't think so," he said, mostly talking to himself. He looked over the books the others were perusing and came to the same kind of chilling conclusion.

"The message that was left sounds as if it came from one of us from inside the station, not a ghost. Unless someone is trying to set us up, I don't see how you can interpret the message any other way..."

Which meant, of course, that this was the scene of a murder. Where would they go from there?

@Jeremi @Takumi @Yazzie @Lucky @Ver @Yun Lee @Crow @Alex Azure @Josh @MelodyMeister @York

Hector nodded. "The note would imply some familiarity, but the point remains that the culprit knew about the beverage in form or another...the significance to that I however I wont dare to speculate."

....Nothing. Man, this sucked. What was all this junk about godlike beings coming back to all planes of existance, even the 'mortal realm'? Still, she could see that this wasn't some amatuer theory book, this seemed like a serious book with some solid evidence, almost like a cult's book. She could definitely see why the death happened, maybe it didn't make sense to her, but to some crazy brain woman, Hazel supposed that she would be able to comprehend it. And if someone didn't want to someone to tell the meaning of the book, then....

A few questions lingered in her mind, and if they were answered, then maybe, her notes would help her out a lot more.

"Excuse me, miss? Can a ghost do this without possessing someone, or does the ghost need an....anchor to do physical stuff? Anyways, my main quesion is...how smart are these ghosts? Because we can definitely rule them out if they don't have the intelligence or ability to one: Kill Lois, for whatever motive, two: Ripping out pages that might have important infomation, and three: Writing that coffee message. In fact, do the ghosts usually kill? Or was this like a...way to prevent to stop important information about that book coming out?"

Sure, if it was the 'she knew too much' motive, then it was a barabric way to prevent someone from revealing the truth, but it still needed smarts anyways. And if ghosts don't have the smarts, then....it was one of the people here. Hazel scribbled out notes in her notebook, tracking all the clues, and all the theories, especially her own.

@Jeremi @Everyone?

"Really depends on the ghost," Kylie replied back to Hazel. "If we think there's something here possessing people and there's actual intent behind it then we might be talking about a Class 4. A Class 4 has a human form and personality with known identity." She held up up one of the red tomes. "If these are any indication then whoever this ghost is is connected to what's going on here, but that's all that we know. Or think we know right now."

@Atomic Knight @Takumi @Yazzie @Lucky @Ver @Yun Lee @Crow @Alex Azure @Josh @MelodyMeister @York

Marcus%2BCole.jpg

Marcus held his head, slowly waking up from a massive migraine. He seemed to of taken longer to wake than the others, and thus found himself alone but hearing chattering in the distance. It took him a moment to get his bearings, but when he looked around he did not find himself inside any recognisable part of the Babylon station, nor could he see Ivanava or anyone else he knew. The last thing he remembered was hooking himself and Ivanava up to a machine before passing out. Perhaps there was an accident on the station? Maybe he had been abducted by invaders, but then why wasn't he contained? After having a moment for the ringing sensation in his head to dissipate he stood up, deciding the best thing for him to do would be to investigate rather than sit around theorising.

He followed the chattering until he found himself in a room full of people, all surrounding a burnt body. Given the people's tone and behaviour they seemed to be trying to investigate this, to which Marcus gave a quick scan of the room to see if there was any immediate danger. After determining he was fine, he approached the body checking to see if he could identify the corpse and if there was a struggle or not. Then turning back to the crowd he gave a small whistle before asking "Excuse me! Have you all found anything pertaining to this man? Do you know where we are?".

@Jeremi @anyone​

Marcus%2BCole.jpg

Marcus held his head, slowly waking up from a massive migraine. He seemed to of taken longer to wake than the others, and thus found himself alone but hearing chattering in the distance. It took him a moment to get his bearings, but when he looked around he did not find himself inside any recognisable part of the Babylon station, nor could he see Ivanava or anyone else he knew. The last thing he remembered was hooking himself and Ivanava up to a machine before passing out. Perhaps there was an accident on the station? Maybe he had been abducted by invaders, but then why wasn't he contained? After having a moment for the ringing sensation in his head to dissipate he stood up, deciding the best thing for him to do would be to investigate rather than sit around theorising.

He followed the chattering until he found himself in a room full of people, all surrounding a burnt body. Given the people's tone and behaviour they seemed to be trying to investigate this, to which Marcus gave a quick scan of the room to see if there was any immediate danger. After determining he was fine, he approached the body checking to see if he could identify the corpse and if there was a struggle or not. Then turning back to the crowd he gave a small whistle before asking "Excuse me! Have you all found anything pertaining to this man? Do you know where we are?".

@Jeremi @anyone​

"It was a she,"
Hector replied eyeing the newcomer. "Did you arrive with us last night? I don't believe I saw you." Though he recalled that the red haired woman had also arrived later than the others. "How peculiar."

The body was too burnt to see anything clearly but the way it was positioned it seemed like there had been no struggle. "If you're apart of our group, could we possibly get a name? I'm Hector if you wish me to start."

"And you're in the Ghostbusters HQ in New York," Janine added. "Figure you're from another dimension, you have that look around you."

@Gwazi Magnum @Everyone

"..."

Kei silently looked over what was happening, from the brain woman's charred remains to the people scurrying about trying to find out what happened. It wasn't as if she had a good impression of the group before, what with all the gun pointing and arguing she'd witnessed, but the chaos definitely reached a new level with someone actually turning up dead.

Or so she'd thought that would have happened, but the event actually seemed to bring the group together to investigate instead. That was something good out of this, at least. But in regards to the conversation...

PIzLZaK.png

An orange sword materialized in her hands, fire emanating from it.

"I could be considered a user of fire as well," Kei decided to add to the talk about fire, given the method in which the brain woman had been killed. "However, I'll also say that it couldn't have been me either, even if I did find her brain invasion yesterday unpleasant. If I'd felt so inclined, not even ashes would be left of her. Nothing would have been found."

She let the sword disappear from her hands before crossing her arms and closing her eyes, as if in thought. If it wasn't her and it wasn't Hector, who else could use fire? Answering that question when most in the group were strangers to each other was going to be quite a challenge.

@Atomic Knight @Takumi @Yazzie @Lucky @Ver @Yun Lee @Crow @Alex Azure @Josh @MelodyMeister @York @Jeremi

So, two had come forward who were fire users, hm? But one was messy, and one would've done far more damage. And that only meant one thing.

Someone was holding out on them.

Grell casually strolled around the group, giving them all a good look over. She did, however, remember a rather fiery entrance from one of their member, someone who hadn't been all that friendly, either, wielding a flaming sword at them all.

Wait.

Her eyes fell on the person in question, and Grell slipped over to Hector, leaning over to whisper. "Is it just me, darling," she said, giving a nod in the direction of Furia. "Or has she been rather quiet about her weaponry? You saw her sword earlier too, didn't you?"

@Jeremi @Everyone @CantTagAtWork​

tumblr-inline-o0vlrlv-GZ21rxsf53-100.png

"So... Are you saying that she did it? Sounds like the angel's really a devil if that's the case," Ethan said in response to Grell, eyeing Furia briefly. He remained silent for the earlier run of the investigation, unsure of what to make of the situation. He'd seen many dead bodies in his recent past, even ones as... unsavory as the sight of Dear Lois's, but he shan't even think ill of the dead.

With a furrowed brow, the man crossed his arms. "So what then? What do we do if that's who we settle on? Tie her up on some train tracks?" He inquired, pursing his lips slightly. Ethan didn't doubt that they could all take her down; it wasn't like she looked particularly strong despite her strange outfit, but perhaps he should just focus on waiting until people finalized their choices first.

He gave a gaze toward everyone else, resting a hand on his hip. "Any other bright ideas or concerns? Speak now if you feel so inclined."

@Yun Lee @Jeremi @Kaykay @Crow @Gwazi Magnum @MelodyMeister @York @Atomic Knight @Yazzie @Everybody

Jotting down notes, Hazel mumbled "mmkay's and 'thanks' over to Kylie, but her face was straight down, frowning. While sure, it could have been a ghost, especially a "class 4" on, there was nothing to say that it was more likely to be a ghost than a human. The only things that were certain was that the brain thing was killed by supernatural fire (Basic arson results in charred surrounding.), that the...killer knew about the coffee and knew how to write about it, and that Lois had been killed either as a grudge, or more likely, because of what she read. The clues were shaky enough for a human, and fell apart completely at a ghost. After all...wouldn't the "Ghostbusters", professionals of this ghost stuff, be able to detect where a ghost is easily? Given the weird paranormal detector.

Starting a new page on her notes, Hazel turned her attention to the theory that it was yes, a fire user, not just some random guy who got possessed by a pyromanic ghost. The pool of...suspects was smaller. Suspects? Killer? Man, Hazel was not suited for this kind of stuff, she still couldn't believe this happened. She read through her freshly written notes.

"Two Three people have fire pwrs. (Add more if there's more people)
Hector (Fire powers are more messier?)
Kei (Fire sword. Said would char remains to nothing)
Furia (Has a sword? Might have fire powers?)"

Turning to Jack, Hazel voiced out her suggestion out loud.

"Obviously not! The fire can come from some book or magical lighter for all we know. But since there's a fire sword thingy here, we should check her sword as well! But really, anyone who can do magic can do this, if they can do some...fire thingy. Which means there's probably someone else hiding their fire powers..."

Ugghhhh, Hazel didn't know this magic stuff, so really, she didn't know the specifics of this stuff! But there was something on her mind...she turned to the confirmed fire people.

"Hey. You all said your fire powers wouldn't end up with this scene. Right, Prove it. How can we be so sure that you aren't lying otherwise?"

She directed this at Hector and Kei especially. But she was glancing at Furia, and anyone who looked magic-y, in fact.
@Jeremi @Kaykay @Everyone Else​

Jotting down notes, Hazel mumbled "mmkay's and 'thanks' over to Kylie, but her face was straight down, frowning. While sure, it could have been a ghost, especially a "class 4" on, there was nothing to say that it was more likely to be a ghost than a human. The only things that were certain was that the brain thing was killed by supernatural fire (Basic arson results in charred surrounding.), that the...killer knew about the coffee and knew how to write about it, and that Lois had been killed either as a grudge, or more likely, because of what she read. The clues were shaky enough for a human, and fell apart completely at a ghost. After all...wouldn't the "Ghostbusters", professionals of this ghost stuff, be able to detect where a ghost is easily? Given the weird paranormal detector.

Starting a new page on her notes, Hazel turned her attention to the theory that it was yes, a fire user, not just some random guy who got possessed by a pyromanic ghost. The pool of...suspects was smaller. Suspects? Killer? Man, Hazel was not suited for this kind of stuff, she still couldn't believe this happened. She read through her freshly written notes.

"Obviously not! The fire can come from some book or magical lighter for all we know. But since there's a fire sword thingy here, we should check her sword as well! But really, anyone who can do magic can do this, if they can do some...fire thingy. Which means there's probably someone else hiding their fire powers..."

Ugghhhh, Hazel didn't know this magic stuff, so really, she didn't know the specifics of this stuff! But there was something on her mind...she turned to the confirmed fire people.

"Hey. You all said your fire powers wouldn't end up with this scene. Right, Prove it. How can we be so sure that you aren't lying otherwise?"

She directed this at Hector and Kei especially. But she was glancing at Furia, and anyone who looked magic-y, in fact.

"Corpse... corpse... body... body parts... heart... ah!"

Jack took the the boxes of cheese pizza out of the fridge.

"If utilising your abilities on a target
is neccesary, food items should yield the most accurate results without the need for more casualty. Us of all people should know."

@MelodyMeister @Kaykay @Jeremi

So, two had come forward who were fire users, hm? But one was messy, and one would've done far more damage. And that only meant one thing.

Someone was holding out on them.

Grell casually strolled around the group, giving them all a good look over. She did, however, remember a rather fiery entrance from one of their member, someone who hadn't been all that friendly, either, wielding a flaming sword at them all.

Wait.

Her eyes fell on the person in question, and Grell slipped over to Hector, leaning over to whisper. "Is it just me, darling," she said, giving a nod in the direction of Furia. "Or has she been rather quiet about her weaponry? You saw her sword earlier too, didn't you?"

@Jeremi @Everyone @CantTagAtWork​

"Who?" Janine asked looking over to where Grell had nodded. True enough when Grell looked again Furia was no where to be seen, like she had never been there at all.

tumblr-inline-o0vlrlv-GZ21rxsf53-100.png

"So... Are you saying that she did it? Sounds like the angel's really a devil if that's the case," Ethan said in response to Grell, eyeing Furia briefly. He remained silent for the earlier run of the investigation, unsure of what to make of the situation. He'd seen many dead bodies in his recent past, even ones as... unsavory as the sight of Dear Lois's, but he shan't even think ill of the dead.

With a furrowed brow, the man crossed his arms. "So what then? What do we do if that's who we settle on? Tie her up on some train tracks?" He inquired, pursing his lips slightly. Ethan didn't doubt that they could all take her down; it wasn't like she looked particularly strong despite her strange outfit, but perhaps he should just focus on waiting until people finalized their choices first.

He gave a gaze toward everyone else, resting a hand on his hip. "Any other bright ideas or concerns? Speak now if you feel so inclined."

@Yun Lee @Jeremi @Kaykay @Crow @Gwazi Magnum @MelodyMeister @York @Atomic Knight @Yazzie @Everybody

"If they are possessed tying someone up won't be...oh. Oh! I got it!" Kylie dropped everything she was doing and dashed towards the stairs leading to the second floor before vanishing upstairs.

"I wouldn't wish to cause any damage to this building..." Instead he dared the outside forcing open the smaller door to the city revealing to the group that the blizzard was still raging on. Once he got out Hector started a chant in some unknown language as the ground around him lit up in magic. As he finished another being appeared behind him in the snow.

latest

A hulking behemoth of a creature created of rock and stone with its body flowing with magma even causing the snow around Hector and his creation to melt due to the heat it was emitting. "Would you say this creature has a way to easy to hide its action, miss?" He asked directly to Hazel.​

@Ver @Yun Lee @Jeremi @Kaykay @Crow @Gwazi Magnum @MelodyMeister @York @Atomic Knight @Yazzie @Everybody

Last edited:
What? But she could've sworn...ugh, nevermind! Grell decided to follow Kylie, looking around for any more evidence on the way. Maybe the ghost got careless on their trek upstairs?

@Jeremi @Everyone​

What? But she could've sworn...ugh, nevermind! Grell decided to follow Kylie, looking around for any more evidence on the way. Maybe the ghost got careless on their trek upstairs?

@Jeremi @Everyone​

As Grell got up the stairs, Kylie was in the lab area clearly looking for something. Either way a quick sweep of the area revealed nothing to her. Seemed like there wasn't anything pertaining to the murder up here.

Finishing up Kylie came into view again with a huge tank on her back and holding a what Grell might have thought was a small cannon of some sort. "Oh!" Kylie took a step back, not realizing someone had followed her up. "I didn't realize someone followed me upstairs!"

@Yun Lee @Everyone

Lucian
@Yun Lee @Jeremi @anyone

Lucian stared at the remains of the body in disgust, moreso out of pity for Dear Lois and rage for whomever was responsible. Living surrounded by both death and undeath, he was used to the sights and smells of both, but even this particular murder made his stomach turn. "Rest in peace," he muttered stoically before turning away. For the remainder of the time, he would observe silently.

As people spoke of ghost possession, Lucian looked more and more furious. Cases like these were rare even for him, and he knew that finding the ghost would be extremely difficult, especially with people being used as its tools. If he was to kill the ghost, he may have to kill the host as well if there was no way to remove it safely. He hoped it wouldn't come to that.
"If they are possessed tying someone up won't be...oh. Oh! I got it!" Kylie dropped everything she was doing and dashed towards the stairs leading to the second floor before vanishing upstairs.

Lucian promptly followed, intending to find out if Kylie knew of a method to isolate the ghost.
Finishing up Kylie came into view again with a huge tank on her back and holding a what Grell might have thought was a small cannon of some sort. "Oh!" Kylie took a step back, not realizing someone had followed her up. "I didn't realize someone followed me upstairs!"

"What's that?" he asked, a hint of impatience in his voice.​

Lucian
@Yun Lee @Jeremi @anyone

Lucian stared at the remains of the body in disgust, moreso out of pity for Dear Lois and rage for whomever was responsible. Living surrounded by both death and undeath, he was used to the sights and smells of both, but even this particular murder made his stomach turn. "Rest in peace," he muttered stoically before turning away. For the remainder of the time, he would observe silently.

As people spoke of ghost possession, Lucian looked more and more furious. Cases like these were rare even for him, and he knew that finding the ghost would be extremely difficult, especially with people being used as its tools. If he was to kill the ghost, he may have to kill the host as well if there was no way to remove it safely. He hoped it wouldn't come to that.

Lucian promptly followed, intending to find out if Kylie knew of a method to isolate the ghost.

"What's that?" he asked, a hint of impatience in his voice.​

"It's a Slime Blower," Kylie replied as she lumbered over back to the stairs. "Come along, I'll explain to you all downstairs." Back down with everyone gathered Kylie started to explain. "Like I told Lucian, this is a Slime Blower," She pointed to her tank.

"Inside of this thing is psychomagnotheric slime, or in layman's terms, mood slime. Most of it comes in different forms, mostly bad ones but what I have in the tank is positively charged mood slime. The Ghostbusters have used it to break possessions in the past and I think we can use it now too. The problem is that we only have enough for four dosages, so we need to make them count. We shouldn't use it unless we're a 100% sure someone's being possessed. Because when the charges are out then we're screwed."

@Ottonomous Ghost @Ver @Yun Lee @Jeremi @Kaykay @Crow @Gwazi Magnum @MelodyMeister @York @Atomic Knight @Yazzie @Everybody

"It's a Slime Blower," Kylie replied as she lumbered over back to the stairs. "Come along, I'll explain to you all downstairs." Back down with everyone gathered Kylie started to explain. "Like I told Lucian, this is a Slime Blower," She pointed to her tank.

"Inside of this thing is psychomagnotheric slime, or in layman's terms, mood slime. Most of it comes in different forms, mostly bad ones but what I have in the tank is positively charged mood slime. The Ghostbusters have used it to break possessions in the past and I think we can use it now too. The problem is that we only have enough for four dosages, so we need to make them count. We shouldn't use it unless we're a 100% sure someone's being possessed. Because when the charges are out then we're screwed."

@Ottonomous Ghost @Ver @Yun Lee @Jeremi @Kaykay @Crow @Gwazi Magnum @MelodyMeister @York @Atomic Knight @Yazzie @Everybody

"So you just point that at someone and...slime comes out?" Serenity questioned as she looled at it. Whatever this mood slime was, she'd have to see it in action, because despite how simple it all sounded it seemed very very odd.

"How exactly does it work with possessions?" She added after a moment, her interest in examining the device gone as quickly as it came.

@Jeremi @Yun Lee @Ver @Ottonomous Ghost @Crow @Gwazi Magnum @Kaykay @Atomic Knight @Yazzie @MelodyMeister @York @Everyone

"Mood slime, hm?"

The telltale sloshing sounds of Zac's viscous mass suddenly assaulted the group's ears from a nearby door as the smooth viridian sludge seeped into the room and rose into his familiar bipedal shape. The slime-man, with his jagged grin noticeably absent, lumbered forward to join the other 'suspects' alongside Lucian, folding a gooey hand over the other and arching a faux 'brow' at Kylie's explanation.

678aad0aa7ab94ec584242ce237dc03f.png

"So, what, you jus' spray someone down with the stuff and figure out if they have something inside of them? I could do something like that, too - though, ah, it'd give any unwelcome 'guests' enough time to get out of dodge before they're figured out,"
Zac coolly explained. For how tone-deaf the slime-thing seemed to be, he was quick to notice the suspicious looks cast his way as a result of his unexpected absence during the 'investigation.'

He sighed, raising his hands. "I don't think I'm on the suspect list or anything, but I had to step away for lil' bit right after we found the remains. I don't have anything to hide, it's jus'..."

Here we go.

"So, it might not be the best time to bring this up, but I kind of have this 'thing' where I, ah, soak up emotions from people.
Kind of like a sponge. Whenever my goo barely scrapes any of their matter, I take it in and hold on to it for a lil' while. And when there's a lot of emotion comin' through the pipes, I start to reflect that. Sooo... people find a dead body, and suddenly I'm soaking up a lot of negative thoughts in a short time-span, aaaand--"

"Well, it ain't pretty," Zac remarks with a slight cringe in his alien face. "So... that's my alibi. I don't feel too possessed right now, so hey."

"But enough about me, what's the plan?"

This whole thing was a load of uncomfortable stuff for a lowly Zaunite slimeball such as Zac. The act of murder itself wasn't anything he isn't used to at this point - it may as well be like breathing for some of the scumbags that lurk within the lowest rungs of Zaun's murky depths. He only comes out to give the perpetrator a few well-deserved skull fractures after the mourning has finished - if the other vigilantes haven't gotten to them first.

But, even now, he could practically taste it; that putrid brew of turbulent emotions bubbling within some choice individuals in the room. It took a good number of years to keep the 'emotion sponge' business in control... but it hasn't been that long since the last time Zac acted out on it. If not for avenging the innocent dead and wiping scumbags community, that reason alone is enough to spur him into action.

Acting on pure instinct, like an animal. It sucks.

"So you just point that at someone and...slime comes out?" Serenity questioned as she looled at it. Whatever this mood slime was, she'd have to see it in action, because despite how simple it all sounded it seemed very very odd.

"How exactly does it work with possessions?" She added after a moment, her interest in examining the device gone as quickly as it came.

@Jeremi @Yun Lee @Ver @Ottonomous Ghost @Crow @Gwazi Magnum @Kaykay @Atomic Knight @Yazzie @MelodyMeister @York @Everyone

"Egon could probably tell you the science, but basically ghosts do not like the positively charged slime and they get pushed out of the body. Basically good vibes block bad vibes." Kylie hefted the muzzle up slightly, it seemed that the thing had some real weight to it.

"My idea was that if as many people agree to target who we think might be possessed then I'll blast them with the slime. It's perfectly harmless to humans...except they'll probably feel a bit happy after the fact."

"Mood slime, hm?"

The telltale sloshing sounds of Zac's viscous mass suddenly assaulted the group's ears from a nearby door as the smooth viridian sludge seeped into the room and rose into his familiar bipedal shape. The slime-man, with his jagged grin noticeably absent, lumbered forward to join the other 'suspects' alongside Lucian, folding a gooey hand over the other and arching a faux 'brow' at Kylie's explanation.

678aad0aa7ab94ec584242ce237dc03f.png

"So, what, you jus' spray someone down with the stuff and figure out if they have something inside of them? I could do something like that, too - though, ah, it'd give any unwelcome 'guests' enough time to get out of dodge before they're figured out,"
Zac coolly explained. For how tone-deaf the slime-thing seemed to be, he was quick to notice the suspicious looks cast his way as a result of his unexpected absence during the 'investigation.'

He sighed, raising his hands. "I don't think I'm on the suspect list or anything, but I had to step away for lil' bit right after we found the remains. I don't have anything to hide, it's jus'..."

Here we go.

"So, it might not be the best time to bring this up, but I kind of have this 'thing' where I, ah, soak up emotions from people.
Kind of like a sponge. Whenever my goo barely scrapes any of their matter, I take it in and hold on to it for a lil' while. And when there's a lot of emotion comin' through the pipes, I start to reflect that. Sooo... people find a dead body, and suddenly I'm soaking up a lot of negative thoughts in a short time-span, aaaand--"

"Well, it ain't pretty," Zac remarks with a slight cringe in his alien face. "So... that's my alibi. I don't feel too possessed right now, so hey."

"But enough about me, what's the plan?"

This whole thing was a load of uncomfortable stuff for a lowly Zaunite slimeball such as Zac. The act of murder itself wasn't anything he isn't used to at this point - it may as well be like breathing for some of the scumbags that lurk within the lowest rungs of Zaun's murky depths. He only comes out to give the perpetrator a few well-deserved skull fractures after the mourning has finished - if the other vigilantes haven't gotten to them first.

But, even now, he could practically taste it; that putrid brew of turbulent emotions bubbling within some choice individuals in the room. It took a good number of years to keep the 'emotion sponge' business in control... but it hasn't been that long since the last time Zac acted out on it. If not for avenging the innocent dead and wiping scumbags community, that reason alone is enough to spur him into action.

Acting on pure instinct, like an animal. It sucks.

Huh. "You're basically a walking talking mood slime...no offense." She saw that Zac clearly seemed sensitive about the whole thing and didn't want to press it further. Instead she changed the subject back to the main problem. "So uh yeah, like I said, I'll slime someone that we think is the murderer and hope for the best. We only have four charges so we got to make them count."

@Ottonomous Ghost @Ver @Yun Lee @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Kaykay @Crow @Gwazi Magnum @MelodyMeister @York @Atomic Knight @Yazzie @Everybody

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back