Status
Not open for further replies.
Once the body had been shown, Cassata didn't seem to be bothered by it at all, but he let out a sad sigh. That was the way things were going to go. He walked over to try and see if he could figure anything out, but if the others there couldn't, he didn't see why he'd find something different. He glanced at the pipe and then went to look at the wall where the pipe had been broken off from, to see if it would have been a simple task of pulling one off.
@Jeremi

Chapter 2 - Dial Tone

While there hadn't been many who had spoken up, Kylie decided to point the Slime Blower towards Li-Ming. "Sorry." Firing the Slime Blower it didn't take long before the sorcerer was covered head to toe in pink slime. Despite that she seemed to be in a positive mood. It seemed though that it had been a dud. Only three charges left in the tank now.

Meanwhile as this was going on Simon leaned down to investigate the book the entire room was swept into a dark veil. None of them could see anything as they struggled to try and find any sort of light source. Despite the darkness and the sudden panic some of them felt something fly past them as they heard a groan and a loud thud.

As on cue the veil lifted and everyone could see once more. And what a sight it was.

Pinned to the wall by a lead pipe was Akira Kurusu. It seemed to have pierced his heart and killed him instantly.

At the same time the group might have seen that Ethan Chandler was acting a bit confused and dazed. That could because he remembered something horrific from last night. His body had been the vessel that killed Dear Lois.

Cast list:

@Bark as Cassata
@Ver as Ethan Chandler
@Yun Lee as Grell Sutcliff
@Takumi as Hassan of Serenity
@MelodyMeister as Hazel Halfpenny
@Crow as Jack the Ripper
@dark as Lt. John Dunbar
@Minerva as Li-Ming
@Ottonomous Ghost as Lucian
@Gwazi Magnum as Marcus Cole
@Yazzie as Monika
@Alex Azure as Mysterious Heroine X Alter
@Gummi Bunnies as Penelope Dormi
@Atomic Knight as Shuichi Saihara
@Lucky as Theo Raeken
@CrunchyCHEEZIT as ZAC
@Lucky @Yazzie @Bark

And... now she was covered in slime. All things considered, it wasn't as bad as actual ghost slime she had been covered in, especially since it wasn't mixed with demon and monster blood. "That wasn't so bad." Li-Ming said chuckling to herself.

At the ghost leaving Ethan, Li-Ming was somewhat surprised. "I... was right?" She chuckled to herself. "I can even surprise myself sometimes..." She spoke that part under her breath.

Then, she saw that Joker had been killed. Her face formed into a frown. "Poor child. He still had much to learn ahead of him. So many experiences to have." She spoke, while examining the body for anything magical.

Oh please, you were guessing as much as the rest of us...is what Grell would have been mouthing off to Li-Ming, had there not been a bigger elephant in the room. Ethan...actually did it? Well, not really, it was some sort of ghost thing or whatever. But what really was upsetting was that now Grell looked stupid for defending him! And that meant she had to figure out this next murder before looking even dumber.

As everyone started examining the body, Grell turned to Ethan. "So...you have some sort of fire abilities, then? Or was that the creature's own handiwork?"

@Ver

Hazel wasn't weak, she wasn't scared, she wasn't scared...Surely, she could stomach a hunk of flesh. Sure, it had a face, and the anatomy of that flesh was just the same as her. It could have been her who had been...

Oh god. Hazel looked down to the floor, her eyes unable to meet anything.

"Ah!"

Hazel scared herself by not noticing Marcus until he had put his hand on her. Hazel turned around, eyes wide in panic, and then a moment later, scolded herself for being a scaredy cat. It was just a guy trying to comfort her, don't worry..Deep breath.

"Thanks...that's...reassuring."

It wasn't. But Hazel could appreciate gestures. Well, understand to appreciate gestures at least. She wasn't completely assured though (Marcus did help though, Hazel knew people would make sure she's okay, but knowing and doing was completely different). Okay, time to get out of the ditch of angst that Hazel got herself in! Or at least try to. She wasn't out quite yet, but she was getting there. Still wasn't going to look at the body for more then a few seconds at a time though.
@Gwazi Magnum

".....R-right. To uh...d-do this, how strong does s-someone have to be? O-or, wo-would the st-strength have to be supernatural?....I d-don't think it was tar-targeted at anyone spec...spec..."

Okay, let's try that again.

"I don't think it was t-targeted at anyone. It's k-kinda hard to t-throw so-something so s-strong to pin s-someone in the d-darkness. And Ak..Aki...Akira, d-did he have an-any reason to...die? But s-since it's so accurate to....hit the h-heart...I'm not sure. M-maybe the killer got the w-wrong person? O-or it was an impulsive killing, m-meant to throw us o-off?"

@Jeremi

tumblr_inline_mwtne1wwuf1s43kjo.jpg

❝ ... d... do you think that the ghost... assuming that they're the same that... caused the earlier... m-murder... did they possess Akira and force himself to... ❞ Penelope took a moment to finally speak after a long period of silence. She didn't finish that statement, it was obvious what that train of thought was implying here. Clearly she was shaken up with this chain of events, and it wasn't because this was the first time she's been involved with something like this. Upfront and near the incident, that's a first. Knowing that someone she got to know died, that wasn't.

@Jeremi
@Anybody

Once the body had been shown, Cassata didn't seem to be bothered by it at all, but he let out a sad sigh. That was the way things were going to go. He walked over to try and see if he could figure anything out, but if the others there couldn't, he didn't see why he'd find something different. He glanced at the pipe and then went to look at the wall where the pipe had been broken off from, to see if it would have been a simple task of pulling one off.
@Jeremi

Cassata found that where the pipe had been pulled had not left a clean cut. It did seem like it had been pried from its place by force. "Oh great, two people dead and a call to the plumber after this," Janine snarked.

@Lucky @Yazzie @Bark

And... now she was covered in slime. All things considered, it wasn't as bad as actual ghost slime she had been covered in, especially since it wasn't mixed with demon and monster blood. "That wasn't so bad." Li-Ming said chuckling to herself.

At the ghost leaving Ethan, Li-Ming was somewhat surprised. "I... was right?" She chuckled to herself. "I can even surprise myself sometimes..." She spoke that part under her breath.

Then, she saw that Joker had been killed. Her face formed into a frown. "Poor child. He still had much to learn ahead of him. So many experiences to have." She spoke, while examining the body for anything magical.

Li-Ming couldn't find or sense anything particularly magical, whatever, or however did this used their their own powers to do so.

Hazel wasn't weak, she wasn't scared, she wasn't scared...Surely, she could stomach a hunk of flesh. Sure, it had a face, and the anatomy of that flesh was just the same as her. It could have been her who had been...

Oh god. Hazel looked down to the floor, her eyes unable to meet anything.

"Ah!"

Hazel scared herself by not noticing Marcus until he had put his hand on her. Hazel turned around, eyes wide in panic, and then a moment later, scolded herself for being a scaredy cat. It was just a guy trying to comfort her, don't worry..Deep breath.

"Thanks...that's...reassuring."

It wasn't. But Hazel could appreciate gestures. Well, understand to appreciate gestures at least. She wasn't completely assured though (Marcus did help though, Hazel knew people would make sure she's okay, but knowing and doing was completely different). Okay, time to get out of the ditch of angst that Hazel got herself in! Or at least try to. She wasn't out quite yet, but she was getting there. Still wasn't going to look at the body for more then a few seconds at a time though.
@Gwazi Magnum

".....R-right. To uh...d-do this, how strong does s-someone have to be? O-or, wo-would the st-strength have to be supernatural?....I d-don't think it was tar-targeted at anyone spec...spec..."

Okay, let's try that again.

"I don't think it was t-targeted at anyone. It's k-kinda hard to t-throw so-something so s-strong to pin s-someone in the d-darkness. And Ak..Aki...Akira, d-did he have an-any reason to...die? But s-since it's so accurate to....hit the h-heart...I'm not sure. M-maybe the killer got the w-wrong person? O-or it was an impulsive killing, m-meant to throw us o-off?"

@Jeremi

"It could have been thrown..."
Hector mused. "I do wonder what other ways it could have gone from one end of the room to another with the force to pierce the body of a human..."

tumblr_inline_mwtne1wwuf1s43kjo.jpg

❝ ... d... do you think that the ghost... assuming that they're the same that... caused the earlier... m-murder... did they possess Akira and force himself to... ❞ Penelope took a moment to finally speak after a long period of silence. She didn't finish that statement, it was obvious what that train of thought was implying here. Clearly she was shaken up with this chain of events, and it wasn't because this was the first time she's been involved with something like this. Upfront and near the incident, that's a first. Knowing that someone she got to know died, that wasn't.

@Jeremi
@Anybody

Kylie had been quiet for a moment but turned to speak with Penelope. "I-I think we're dealing with the same entity. I don't think Akira was the one possessed...there would've probably been an easier way to kill someone if...if that was the plan."

@Bark @Gummi Bunnies @Minerva @Everyone

"No... Not me. I can't do any of that black magic shit," Ethan shook his head when Grell asked, "Actually, I... I don't really remember if it was that ghastly thing that could conjure up fire by itself, or if there was actually something else here that could have done the deed," he murmured, looking around.

"But... I can also remember... the spirit. When he took me over, and I blacked out... there was one thing that stuck in my mind. It was like, for just the quickest of moments..." He began to explain, rubbing his temple as if to jog his own memory, "... I could understand him. I learned that he called himself some sort of..."

"... Lord of Chaos, whatever that means..."

@Jeremi @Yun Lee @Minerva @Gummi Bunnies @Everybody

"...hmph." Grell closed her eyes, brow furrowed as she thought this over. So, Ethan had no fire expertise, but still set Dear Lois on fire even so...

"Hold on just a moment...that machine of yours didn't beep this time around, did it?" Grell pointed to the PKE Meter. "Does that mean that this attack had no magic involved whatsoever?"

@Jeremi @Ver @Takumi @Lucky @Minerva @MelodyMeister

@Jeremi
@MelodyMeister
@Minerva
@Ver
@Takumi

Monika perked up when she overheard Grell mention the PKE meter not going off.Indeed, it was strange that the device didn't pick up anything at the moment. Perhaps whatever entity that was amongst them decided to lay low, so to speak, to avoid detection, if that was even possible

latest

"That's impossible though, there had to be something supernatural involved in Akira's murder. No normal person would be psychically strong enough to......uh......you know." Monika said, feeling uneasy.

Oh...right. Hazel had to record things down, didn't she. Actually, no. She'll do it later, when her hands weren't clammy and threatening to crush both the ink cartridge AND the audio inside.....Screw it. Hazel obligated herself to do so. After a few seconds of trying to open the page and failing, Hazel finally got it. Now to try and stop her hand from shaking and spilling the ink everywhere. She scribbled impulsively, trying to not make any spelling mistakes or anything like that. Man, she was going to have nightmares after this was all over, how annoying...

Hazel looked up, while listening in, but with her face straight down at the notebook. She kept her grip strong and her writing super string...to the point the ink was seeping to the other side, really. Oh well. Her notes included the victim (some sad faces and what she knew about him besides him messily), how he died, the fact that the murder weapon was a pipe from the other room and that there was likely no magic involved (That fact was circled).

"Actually....d-does anyone know how long the light w-went out for? Because, i-if it was more then a few seconds, then...maybe someone who was strong could...do that. Without supernatural help! I mean...how h-heavy is that p-pipe anyways?"

Hazel sure as hell wasn't going to touch that pipe herself, but surely, someone could try and see how heavy it was.

@Jeremi @Yazzie @Gummi Bunnies @Ver @Everyone​

"...hmph." Grell closed her eyes, brow furrowed as she thought this over. So, Ethan had no fire expertise, but still set Dear Lois on fire even so...

"Hold on just a moment...that machine of yours didn't beep this time around, did it?" Grell pointed to the PKE Meter. "Does that mean that this attack had no magic involved whatsoever?"

@Jeremi @Ver @Takumi @Lucky @Minerva @MelodyMeister

Kylie showed the PKE meter to Grell as its lights blinked. "Honestly I say that but it's just reacting similarly to when a ghost is nearby. It feels like we're in the middle of a supernatural vortex, I'm not so sure how well I can trust these readings..."

"No... Not me. I can't do any of that black magic shit," Ethan shook his head when Grell asked, "Actually, I... I don't really remember if it was that ghastly thing that could conjure up fire by itself, or if there was actually something else here that could have done the deed," he murmured, looking around.

"But... I can also remember... the spirit. When he took me over, and I blacked out... there was one thing that stuck in my mind. It was like, for just the quickest of moments..." He began to explain, rubbing his temple as if to jog his own memory, "... I could understand him. I learned that he called himself some sort of..."

"... Lord of Chaos, whatever that means..."

@Jeremi @Yun Lee @Minerva @Gummi Bunnies @Everybody

Lord of Chaos? Now that sounded pretty bad. "...Maybe this Lord of Chaos didn't just rip the pages from the book from a master it's serving...maybe it also tried to hide its identity?"

@Jeremi
@MelodyMeister
@Minerva
@Ver
@Takumi

Monika perked up when she overheard Grell mention the PKE meter not going off.Indeed, it was strange that the device didn't pick up anything at the moment. Perhaps whatever entity that was amongst them decided to lay low, so to speak, to avoid detection, if that was even possible

latest

"That's impossible though, there had to be something supernatural involved in Akira's murder. No normal person would be psychically strong enough to......uh......you know." Monika said, feeling uneasy.

"Is that true though?" Hector asked quizzically. "Couldn't anyone in our midst have the skill to pull it off? Or perhaps...they used a tool to do the deed?"

Oh...right. Hazel had to record things down, didn't she. Actually, no. She'll do it later, when her hands weren't clammy and threatening to crush both the ink cartridge AND the audio inside.....Screw it. Hazel obligated herself to do so. After a few seconds of trying to open the page and failing, Hazel finally got it. Now to try and stop her hand from shaking and spilling the ink everywhere. She scribbled impulsively, trying to not make any spelling mistakes or anything like that. Man, she was going to have nightmares after this was all over, how annoying...

Hazel looked up, while listening in, but with her face straight down at the notebook. She kept her grip strong and her writing super string...to the point the ink was seeping to the other side, really. Oh well. Her notes included the victim (some sad faces and what she knew about him besides him messily), how he died, the fact that the murder weapon was a pipe from the other room and that there was likely no magic involved (That fact was circled).

"Actually....d-does anyone know how long the light w-went out for? Because, i-if it was more then a few seconds, then...maybe someone who was strong could...do that. Without supernatural help! I mean...how h-heavy is that p-pipe anyways?"

Hazel sure as hell wasn't going to touch that pipe herself, but surely, someone could try and see how heavy it was.

@Jeremi @Yazzie @Gummi Bunnies @Ver @Everyone​

"Who knows?" Janine replied. "I didn't look at the clock but it definitely felt like more then a few seconds." To the question of the pipe Janine could only look over to the body. "As much as I'd like to get him down from there, we shouldn't contaminate the scene. I think that's how cops do it when they look for clues."

@Yun Lee @MelodyMeister @Yazzie @Gummi Bunnies @Ver @Everyone

Theo Raeken

" I don't disagree on not contaminating the scene. Unlike last time, it doesn't seem we have any clues to what is going on. Just that our killer is super strong and could impale someone fast,"
he said, going to inspect the pipe to see if there was anything off without touching the body.

@Jeremi @Everyone

Theo Raeken

" I don't disagree on not contaminating the scene. Unlike last time, it doesn't seem we have any clues to what is going on. Just that our killer is super strong and could impale someone fast,"
he said, going to inspect the pipe to see if there was anything off without touching the body.

@Jeremi @Everyone

Getting closer to the pipe Theo would notice some sort of liquid like substance on it, but whatever it was there was too little to get to a proper conclusion about what it was. Perhaps left over water from when it had been broken off?

"I wonder,"
Hector replied cupping his chin in thought. "Are we certain this pipe was thrown or jabbed into him? Could it perhaps have been fired somehow?"

@Lucky @Everyone

Theo Raeken

Theo would pause and look at the liquid substance, uncertain to what it was. It could have been left over water, but he wasn't quite certain. He took into consideration licking the pipe, but then remembered what one of the ladies ( he couldn't remember which one) had said not to ruin the crime scene.

"
I'm not entirely certain what you mean by that Hector. What exactly do you mean by fired? Something akin to someone shooting a bow at it or using a weapon to get it across the room?" Theo asked.

@Jeremi @Everyone

Theo Raeken

Theo would pause and look at the liquid substance, uncertain to what it was. It could have been left over water, but he wasn't quite certain. He took into consideration licking the pipe, but then remembered what one of the ladies ( he couldn't remember which one) had said not to ruin the crime scene.

"
I'm not entirely certain what you mean by that Hector. What exactly do you mean by fired? Something akin to someone shooting a bow at it or using a weapon to get it across the room?" Theo asked.

@Jeremi @Everyone

"Something similar, yes," Hector replied back to Theo. "Though if that was the case how would someone had fired it?"

@Lucky @Everyone

tumblr-inline-n9496ku-Ktp1so1xk1.png

"This is horseshoes..." Ethan sighed in frustration, still perturbed from having been possessed so easily, but knowing that he'd have to pitch in if they were gonna try and catch this vengeful spirit before it could wreak any more havoc.

Putting his hands on his hips, the man pursed his lips. "Well... You're the one who suggested it might have been fired, you tell me," he said gruffly to Hector, shaking his head slightly, but knew that if there was any lead, they'd have to seriously consider it, even if it was slim. It wasn't like they had much else to go on otherwise.

"But... if we were to say it was fired, as in, from a gun, we could consider the guy with the big ass gun over there," Ethan said, gesturing toward Cassata and his long-gun, which at least to Ethan, looked as though it was capable of at least fitting a lead pipe. Ethan knew that he was probably going to get a lot of apprehensive looks for even speaking up, considering he was outed as the last vessel, but it wasn't like he'd be accusing anyone in particular of being the murderer, but rather, the unwilling vessel for the killer ghost to do its deed.

"Or... maybe it's the jelly man over there, who knows?" Ethan hypothesized further, pointing his other finger at ZAC, "Maybe it wasn't a gun, coulda been somethin' else, if a... thing like him can change shape and do as he will with his own body."

"Any objections so far?"

@Jeremi @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Bark @Yun Lee @Lucky @Crow @Takumi @Everybody

Theo Raeken

" I don't have any objections so far... But I do have an idea now,"
he said, going over to the paper Zac had signed and slowly walking it over to the pipe to see if the liquids looked similar.

@Jeremi @ Ver

Marcus's expression turned to one of concern as he picked up on she was still rather panicked by the situation, which is understandable given the circumstances. He unclipped his Ranger badge from his uniform and then showed it to Hazel. "You see this? This is an insignia of the Rangers. Do you now who the Rangers are?", he expected she wouldn't as no one seemed to register the name Babylon 5 in the past here, in fact this whole thing seemed like that of another universe. "It means I'm a protector of humankind, and have all the proper training in keeping people safe and solving problems, you'll be fine".

@MelodyMeister

Grell looked over at Zac. "Well I do hate to say it, but...you are the only one here who seems to cover everything you touch in liquid. Honestly considering Ethan was possessed last time, I'll believe anything." Just to be sure, Grell tried to see if there was any sort of fluid anywhere else in the crime scene.

@Jeremi @Ver @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Gwazi Magnum @Lucky

"Oooooh?" Cassata arched an eyebrow towards Ethan. It wasn't quite mocking or quite curious either, almost playful. "You're free to take a look at it, it's not been fired." He didn't seem upset, just mostly curious as to where the line of thought was travelling. After all, he'd spent the last few hundred years having been accused of murder already. No point in getting mad, it was just his thoughts in the end.

@Ver

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back