Akashic Arcana CHAPTER I - Genesis || The Combat Examination - Team Lunaris - ARCHIVED

Status
Not open for further replies.
It had just been an hour after the long written examination. The students had been given a short break so they could prepare themselves mentally for the combat trials. The group of what was left of the first-years had been split into two teams. Solaris and Lunaris. Each team had to face one or two 3rd-year students in order to pass the next test. As Team Lunaris stepped out of the Mage Colosseum Gates, what awaited them outside was a whole different world.

Team Lunaris Battle Stage
moon-night-fjord-mountain-valley-river.jpg
As Team Lunaris stepped out of the Colosseum Gate, the entrance way behind them disappeared in a wisp of black smoke. Their surroundings had dramatically changed. Vast rainforest-like conditions. Even tropical animals could be spotted, which is expected from this kind of temperature. It was pitch-black and difficult to see as it was in the middle of the night. Only an artificial moon was offering minimal visibility.

A vast and nearly endless river were splitting the entire map in two, it seems deep, but the depth is difficult to judge from this darkness.

Omnipotent voice: Welcome students to the Lunaris Arena! In this final examination, you will be facing the Disciplinary Captain himself in this open battle arena! The minimum condition of passing is to last for 22 minutes and 30 seconds. However, if you wish to score extra points and merits, you will be graded on teamwork, the number of passed students and individual performance. Be warned, as you may outnumber him, the leader of the school's security detail was rated as the top in terms of combat rating last year! - And one final note, the whole battle is being monitored. It is all being shown LIVE for the entire world to see!

Christian was standing on top of a rock formation; its rocky arch overarching the fast flowing river with its strong current. The moon's pale, cold light embracing his bare shoulders and arms, whilst the majority of his chest and back is covered by a black sleeveless hoody that seemed to be shrouded in shadows; but in fact was only hard to see since it's color matched the night's darkness. He walked over the arch; his black, reinforced combat boots ruffling the foliage. He neared the formation's edge and started to crouch; his black combat pants tightly around his muscled legs. His sharp eyes looked into the distance; immediately spotting the students that walked out of the Colosseum Gate, after which the Gate itself disappeared into black smoke; leaving the students stranded. Making sure not to give away his position, he continued to lurk at them in crouched position.

'Well then... let's see how this develops..' He thought; his heart rate stable and normal. He was ready; ready to participate in the hunt. Not as the hunter, no, the students would be the ones hunting. He? He would be their prey...

------------------

A large group of student who had only just stepped out the Colosseum Gate stood closely together; looking at the forests around them and reacting at every little sound.

"I hate this... already..." One of them said, her voice trembling with fear and only to be silenced by another, who seemed more furious than the average student.

"Pffft, don't worry. I've heard the Captain is royalty. He probably only got the position because his mommy knows the right people." The furious one said and scoffed as he walked off into the forest.

Other students simply muddled together; whispering among each other about what to do and how to act. Some of them expressed their concerns; "How... How are we supposed to be ranked if our opponent is no-where to be found?" The same student suddenly yelped; before whispering; "I think i heard something..." The student's eyes were opened wide; scared of every little sound. She nervously kept pushing her glasses up, until said glasses touched the girl's eyelashes.

They stood around; in the night's cold. They were clueless, leaderless and as of such didn't stand a chance. Something had to change, or none of them would pass...

"How did you cowards even get past the spirits?" A voice rang out from the crowd of first years, everyone turned around to see Ruby, who had to have the most bored expression on her face anyone could possibly have. Sitting on a rock her face propped up by her hands, this is what she had to work with? This. This was just sad. "So this is my punishment... Having to babysit a bunch of green-horned cowards. I got to say Christian you really outdid yourself with this punishment." Her words actually did manage to inspire something other than fear among the group. Anger, shame, and possibly for the looks of some, libido triggers.

The one person who had the stones to assume that Christian had paid and brown nosed his position spoke up. "And just who are you suppose to be?" Walking up to her obviously eyeing her cleavage, the guy was about 6 feet tall and had an obvious muscle tone that implied that he worked out quite a bit. "Wait! I remember now. Some of the second years were spreading rumors of a girl with crimson hair. Of how she was quite the, troublemaker?" He cupped her face with his hand Ruby's reaction was neutral like she didn't even care. "Kinda kinki. What do you say after this me and you go." Suddenly a fist that seemed more like a blur clocked the pompous first-year horndog in the face sending him sprawling about 5 feet his nose bleeding possibly broken. "You! YOU WHORE!!!" suddenly two circles appeared on the ground, summoning black pillars with faces on them.

Ruby only sighed as she got up. Did this fucking idiot forget that they were all being broadcasted for the entire world to see? Making himself look bad, his family wishing they had dropped him off at that orphanage, and Ruby for having to put up with this shit.

"Hahahah you're going to be begging for mercy after power up and crush you into paste!" Grabbing the two little spires black electricity coursed through his body increasing muscle mass and somehow making him sound even more like a complete jackass, starting to brag as he picked up a boulder intending to use it. "No one can stop me when I'm like this! hahahahah No one ca-" A small bolt of energy hit the massive asshole in the face, causing a rather large explosion for something that small. With the wind picking up it didn't take long before the smoke cleared. The first-year still in his mutated form laid spread-eagled on the cold ground, a few twitches were the only indication that he was still alive the first years now sweating profusely turned back to see Ruby with that same bored expression, a needle the size of a dagger sparked with energy in her right hand.

Even if she would lose some points for that it was worth it. "Alright, you little creeps listen up!" She got the groups full attention. "We are being broadcasted worldwide. Do you have even the most infinitesimal concept of what that means?" Pointing to the man she just knocked out with her needle. "He has already sacrificed his self-dignity and has made a bad impression on me and you! Is this really how you want to go out into the world? Showing how scared and pathetic you are? And by proxy making ME look bad? Alright, you little shits! Line up!" Her voice held an authority that no one wanted to question. "Listen. I'm not your friggin kindergarten teacher or your nanny! But from now until this exam ends, you're doing exactly what I say!" She knew that it was foolish to waste time, especially against Christian. Yet most of these whiny first years needed to be organized and by hell-high water she was the only one that seemed to be able to whip these kids into shape... Even though some were older than her.

Ade knew that he was at a disadvantage as soon as he stepped inside the arena. He was a summoner, but with no spirits in these grounds, it was going to be rather tricky for him. He didn't much pay attention to the banter that was going on among the other students. They were loud and obnoxious in such a serious situation, where they should be clearing their minds and hearts, and listen if maybe they can hear the man, aka their "prey." Ade still kept close to the group, though, acknowledging the fact that his skills were better used as defence, as a shield for himself and the others, rather than offence. Although, if it came to that, he would push himself harder than ever in his life to be able to stand a chance in this exam, even if he were the one to attack, though as he could hear, there were loads of strong minds around him in the group.
He looked at the girl who was just called a "whore" by another young man, whose ego seemed to be bigger than his strength, which just made Ade feel a little bit less guilty as Ruby slammed him into the ground, giving no mercy at all. He sat down nearby and pulled out a voodoo doll from under his hoodie. He put it on the ground, and a few seconds later, he pulled out another one, putting them next to each other. One was blue, the other one was purple, although it was barely seen in the darkness. He could hear as Ruby was taking charge, which Ade was thankful for, though he hoped that the woman wouldn't want to boss him around the same way. He wouldn't have minded it, but his magical abilities took too much time for child's play like that.
He closed his eyes and focused his attention to his blue doll. He made all of his own dolls for his voodoo, but they were generally in the sense of what they were made out of and what they are used for. Blue, as the most calming colour in the world, was an invitation for souls to come. Ade could sense a few outside from the arena, but from so far away, Ade couldn't possibly win them over. This doll's fate was up for the kindness of these souls who have somehow died on this island. He would have imagined that with such a huge history, there would be more soldiers and warriors around, who have perished either from battle or from old age, but so far that wasn't the case. It also could have been that he was just speaking ineffectively with them, after all, all first-year students were exhausted from the travel and from the long written exam.
Ade took a deep breath and tried balancing keeping the invitation over, while he focused on the purple doll. This one... well, it wasn't all that special. In all honesty, the doll was old and ragged, he hadn't made one in this colour in years. He wasn't even sure why he had it in his inner pockets, for most of the time, it just seemed to gather dust and dirt, just to be hand-washed over and over again. This doll worked as a radar. In good condition, it could be up and surveying the area around them in a minute, mentally pinging into the user's mind where someone stands, but in this condition, the doll would have to "manually" find everyone around its user. Ade knew that first, it would ping on each of the students around them, and only after that, would it be able to even attempt to find Christian. That is, if Christian wouldn't use any kind of cloaking magic or magical kind of armour on himself. Or, wouldn't find the little doll and destroy it, although Ade had no intentions of leaving it behind. If for nothing else, at least Ade would be able to find the other first-year students if one of them goes missing.
"Excuse me, Ruby? May I show you something?" he asked the woman who tried to take charge, and seemingly with success, over the rest of the group. Ade wanted to explain the two dolls to her, as privately as they could, so if she would have any strategies, Ade could help in some ways.

Hanzo studied his surroundings as they entered the arena. He felt embarrassed of how everyone was acting. Nobody seemed to have any courage in the group. Finally Ruby seemed to take charge of the group after flat lining an asshole.

He started to tap his foot on the ground softly sending out vibrations in the ground. He waited for a minute as the vibrations went out and came back. He continued to do this as he surveyed his surroundings. Where are you hiding, he thought to himself, he must be laughing his ass off. He studied every vibration that came back. So far nothing.

He looked back to check on how the commotion was. It seemed to be calming down a little. As he was looking back he noticed Ade setting up some things. Looks like some of the others are finally starting to get their wits together. What's he doing though?

Last edited:
Christian watched carefully when he witnessed how Amanda - or 'Ruby', to everyone really, almost killed the student. Sighing deeply when it happened he decided to pull off some of her points; causing her to score lower in the ranking. He then slowly crouched back; wanting to scout around a little. But it was at that moment that he saw how another student was preparing something on the ground. Now curious as to what he was doing, he quickly dashed forward and stared at the student. Deciding not to take any chances - especially since he remembered how voodoo, for example, required physical objects in order to work fully - he slowly raised up and began to chant;

"Gios, audi vocem meam auxilium; dona mihi potestatem tuam essentia"

Small rocks of varying sizes slowly levitated up from the rocky ground, leaving small holes where they were taken. They moved towards Christian's left arm, after which it began to dance around his wrist. More rocks began to levitate, as he planned to do more than simply destroy the object. The additional rocks began to flow around his arm as a snake does over around a tree's branch, only faster. Christian then looked at the spot where the students were, and extended his arm; sending one of the stones; a piece barely bigger than a thumb's length, towards the object. It was fast; and very precise, for it hit right where Christian had wanted it to. It crushed the object, leaving those standing around in awe. Christian then grinned; his perfectly white teeth visible and for the world to see. He had retracted his arm as he waited for the stone to hit the object, but now began to point at random students; sending rocks the size of his fist flying, accompanied by a eerie whistle, towards the majority of the students. Constantly infusing the rocks with mana, he caused them to explode into smaller rocks at impact, leaving the students who were hit in terrible and excruciating pain. He kept sending stones and witnessed how students began to fall, others were screaming; their voices carried over great distances by the ever-present wind.

"I made my move, now its time to make yours..." He whispered and slowly crouched back into the violiage; his black pants ruffling the leaves and his hoody hiding him from sight.

------------------

The student who had notified the others of 'having heard something', simply stared at the shivering body of the student who had been struck down. She didn't say anything about it; afraid to call forth the Scorcher's fury. She yelped quietly when the voodoo doll was destroyed by a rock and brought up a hand to push her glasses back whilst stating; "W-what... what was-..." She couldn't finish her phrase, instead she moaned loudly and the loud cracking of glass could be heard, followed by a loud thud; a clear indication of her unconscious body having fallen down on the ground.

Chaos ensued; students yelling and screaming as they were hit by rocks the size of fists. Unable to see the projectiles coming due to the intense darkness, some students began to scream and cry as they were trying to find cover from the stones and rocks, covering their heads with their hands. Others tried to cast shields, but all failed due to the eerie whistle that accompanied the incoming stones; effectively taking away their ability to focus.

After a little while, the clearing was filled with the unconscious bodies of the students that were hit - and at times, wounded - by Christian's attack...

Right. She liked this. It seemed like Ruby was getting the hang of this leadership thing down pat..... She tried to ignore the brute that looked half-dead next to her as she barked out orders, some of the first years still seemed afraid. One could not really blame them after all, Christian is a formidable foe Ruby knew that better than anyone after all they are. Were! Friends, but also sparring buddies, so it would only be natural that they would know what they were capable of....The eyes still seemed fixed on her. 'Stop looking at me.' The passed first year was still unconscious but his beady little eyes stared at her. Just stared. His face, hell his entire body, burnt and bruised could have seemed like blood in the half mooned light. 'Stop.' her mind flashed back out at sea. It was night time, the moon was half-full yet light seemed to be focused on the large cruise ship that was once beautiful and gleaming... Now all that remained was a floating tombstone. 'Staring.' The oceans eerily calm as if even the water itself was too scared to do anything other than observing what once was. Inside this aimless carcass, the only sign of life was a little girl whose eyes were so empty they couldn't even shed tears, the once pretty and cute black and purple dress was caked with blood and other ghastly things, You would think her paralyzed if not for her violently shaking in the corner of the room. Darkness was the only thing she appreciated during the night, yet this night seemed particularly cruel for the light of the moon illuminated the entire room. Revealing the true darkness. Despair filled the room with its horrible odor and unsheathed the cloth from the mirror.... Her mother and brother's corpses, along with those of some of the slaughter crew and their murders, their eyes were all forever like someone took a bright red knife and carved it into her mind, along with a little girl pleading for them to forgive her for how weak she was. 'Staring at me!!!!'

A voice of a young man snapped her back to reality. Ruby took a moment to compose herself, only to realize that she had been walking over to the man on the ground and gripping her needles so tight that one could see the whites of her knuckles. "Yeah.... Make it quick, you guys can't waste more time then you already have." Some of her bravado was lost but she still retained the right amount of sass and power to make it seem like she still had things under control. 'What was I doing? Why did I suddenly just snap like that, the guy was a massive waste of air but... I wasn't! Was I?' The mind was a strange thing the way it made time seem to stop as if a way to reflect on your choices and just how boneheaded they were. 'Stupid! Stupid! Stupid! You know you could have detained him without scrambling whatever brains he had! Christian saw that I know he did! Fuck man, I just nearly killed someone again what is he going to think of me now?!' Years of putting on a poker face and emotional manipulation on self-had, made her inner battle seem nonexistent to the outside world. 'Calm down! calm down. You can still pass this keep it together girl. As much as you hate the idea of it the only way you can get a passing score now is to get at least a handful of these kids to pass...... Oh god I have to get at least a handful of these goobers to pass.'

Suddenly her senses kicked in feeling the heat off of something the size of a thumb heading right for... It was too late. The resulting crash and the whistle of what could best be described as a banshee's whisper told her all she needed to know. The destroyed voodoo doll laid crushed and leaving the students in awe, Ruby only growled as she tried to sense out the man in the shadows while also chanting a spell that could block out certain noises. She couldn't feel anything, meaning that he was outside her limit which also meant... "EVERYONE GET DOWN NOW!!" But it was too late, the rocks came in like fire from an automated rifle managing to hit at least a quarter of students. If Ruby wasn't mad before then now she was livid! Her hair turned a shining silver as did her eyes, actually Illuminating the area like a miniature sun in comparison with the darkness. "Listen." Her voice was somehow more commanding. Yet, it felt, different. Like more of a wise leader talking now instead of a brash hot-headed bully. "The fact that you even made it this far speaks volumes about your tenacity and talent. Getting into Arcadia and making it to this level is a feat only few can dream of, you are strong, you are brave, but mostly You are the lifeblood of this Academy!" Words of pure honey in all reality, she knew that if Christian could already take out this many of them then after this test was over only about 7% would be able to proceed and that was being generous. Besides all they did was weight her down, but she needed the points and god-damn her if she was going to be stuck with them she might as well take advantage of the situation.... She would not fail again. Right now what she needed most was some way to track down Christian and maybe a morale boost would help in that.

Last edited:
Ade smiled towards the girl walking to him. He also noticed someone else looking at him, curious or suspicious, he couldn't decide, but none-the-less, Ade waved at him to get closer too. He was about to reach out towards the purple doll laying on the ground, when it erupted, almost taking Ade's hand with it. He jumped up, hugging the blue one tight under his hoodie, trying to save it from whatever hit the other one. "Shit" he mumbled. He lost all the connection he previously built up with the radar magic, which was already unsettling in itself, but worse was the fact that Christian somehow knew and understood what he was doing. "He is smart" he mumbled, but all of his focus went towards Ruby when she shouted for them to get down. Ade was still out of the picture, focusing too much on trying to please the spirits that were on campus, so they would come faster. He could feel something hit his arm... No, his arm wasn't just hit, something was piercing into it for a fraction of a second before cutting through cloth, skin and even some muscle. The force of this attack and the sudden pain rushing through his body made him fall backwards, flat on the ground. A familiar panic rushed through him, deafening him, blinding him from figuring out a solution, but made his vision sharp enough that the few rocks that came towards his way, he could easily dodge them. Well, easily was an overstatement. He still got scratched, and a rather dull rock piece hit him hard enough in the head that he was sure he blacked out for a second. From the outside, it must have looked like he was just squirming around on the ground, holding his left arm in his hand.
That was when he started feeling a pull. It wasn't anywhere close enough to aid Ade out in his current situation, but if he could just keep from falling out, this spirit might be able to help them out. When the rocks stopped, he sat up, looking around at the damage. If they had any advantage in numbers before, it was all gone. And to think such a small attack could wipe out so many of them... He wondered if any of them would be able to pull it off. He stumbled onto his feet and looked for Ruby. It was such an ironic situation. He was the one who should be defending the others, but in order to finish his summoning, he needed to be defended by someone else. "Is anyone still able to fight?" he shouted out loud. He was growing desperate.
He closed his eyes as he could feel another tug on the invisible thread between the doll in his inside pocket, and the spirit who wants to claim it. Keeping this channel up started to cost a lot more, but Ade wasn't about to give up now. "Oh, big hero..." Ade started but stopped as he realised this spirit wasn't a soldier or a warrior. It seemed as though he was merely another student like them, albeit dead.
Ade rushed behind the big rock Ruby was sitting on earlier, hiding behind it. "Miss Ruby, cover me!" He closed his eyes, breathing in deeply. "I do not know where you come from, spirit, but if you wish to help, please take my power to give yourself strength. Take my power to give yourself life. Use my mana as if you were still with us and help me protect these people and myself from harm" his words flew out of him like bullets. Some of the words washing together, his tongue twisting with the speed he tried to finish the summoning.
He would need a few more seconds for the spirit of a failed student to reach them. If Ruby or Hanzo could hear him, or if Christian was distracted, maybe, just maybe Ade could prove that he wasn't as useless as he looked in this exam so far. Maybe, he can give them a fighting chance.

Hanzo was still searching for Christian's location when he heard the distinct sound of a rock hitting someone's head. He looked over just in time to see the student hit the ground. Two or three more students had already had the same thing happen to them before he knew what was going on. From the trajectory of the rocks he was able to narrow down the area Christian was in but at the moment he needed to get down.

Hanzo hit the ground and started drawing the symbol for the earth wall just as he heard Ruby call for everyone to hit the ground. Soon his wall came up and he was able to get to a standing position. He looked around and motioned for everyone to make their way to the wall as he worked on creating a couple more walls. He looked at Ruby, "I know the general area he's in," he said indicating the direction the rocks had come from careful to make sure he didn't let Christian know he knew where the rocks had come from. "Should become one with the earth for a few and go check it out? I can stay hidden under the earth for about fifteen seconds but during that time I move about half my speed faster than normal."

The majority of the students who were left dashed towards the walls Hanzo had pulled out of the earth. Most of them exclaimed and sighed; finally save from any and all incoming projectiles.

At the moment all of the first-year students were save behind the walls, portals opened up all over the clearing and the Academy's medical staff poured out, accompanied by other mages who had cast a protective barrier over the staff, allowing them to safely pull out the injured student whilst not having to worry about anything else.

One of the medical staff's members yelled out; "Quickly now! This one is a critcase!" she was blonde; wearing a fitting medical uniform. A nurse, wearing the same uniform but without a tag with her name, came running and began to use her healing spells whilst they were pulling the student with the shattered glasses on top of a stretcher, after which they carried her out of the arena.

------------------

Christian waited for the medical staff to leave the arena before slowly standing up. He suspected he had been discovered by the students or that they had at least been able to find out out of which direction the rocks came flying. He began to chant;

"Daemonibus serite metu terrere iis potestatem ades Qui me!"

He continued chanting, and his voice slowly increased in intensity. Slowly but surely the students could hear his voice like the whispering of the wind; there, but not quite there. Yet, at the same time sending chills over their spines. Slowly, the materialized fears of the students appeared behind the students, in the shape of evil spirits; wailing and screaming as they began their task. They drove the students away from their earth walls; towards the arch on which Christian stood. The students wouldn't be able to see him, but his voice still lingered in the wind; chanting the incantation that had called forth the evilest of manifestations when it comes to spirits. They were intangible; meaning the student's wouldn't be able to defend themselves from the evil spirits that tried to get into their minds by terrorizing them with their deepest fears. Only a mage, strong in the magic concerning spirits would be able to prevent them from routing the first-year students.

Christian stood on top of his formation; waiting for the students to come to him. He intensified his chanting; thus conjuring forth more of the spirits and sending them off to herd the students towards him.

After a little while; he stopped chanting. The spell was fully working now; the evil spirits busy with their task.

Christian walked towards the edge of the formation and pulled his arms up and laid them to rest behind his head. One could see his impressive biceps flex and part of his muscled, broad chest was now revealed from under his black, sleeveless hoody. He simply stood there; watching over the terrain beneath him and keeping track of the effect the evil spirits had on the students...

Last edited:
The medical staff arrival was just what Ruby needed, Christian had stopped his attack for fear of hitting one of the medical workers carrying off the students. Ruby did a thumbs up to the medical staff, 'Thank you white coats! solving all my problems!' The moment to strike at the head of the beast was now. "The hell are you waiting for!" She whispered to Hanzo. "Do your stuff before Christian has the stones to do something else!" She turned her head expecting him to do what he was told.

The moment she heard the chanting was the moment she knew the real showdown was about to begin. A small grin crossed her face, the glow from her silver eyes and hair faded so not to draw attention.... Or ruin a good surprise. His voice was in the winds so she couldn't follow where it was coming from, but something told her that if she followed the symphony of screams she would find her man. A good percentage seemed to be affected by the spell while Ruby seemed to have enough will-power to fight it. Looking back at the students, facepalming and sighing in annoyance at their lack of initiative she raised her voice and yelled. "You people, there, behind that wall! Yes, you! stop standing there pissing away time and a couple can join me and Ade in giving Christian a nice 'Warm' glass of kickass! The rest of you, stay and help the other guy with his... Ambush. Now hurry, Move your asses or did you want to get a face full of stones today?" She then turned around towards Ade and said; "Let's go. The other guy said it was in this direction Its time I reunited with an old friend!" Ruby took off in that direction the screams blocking out any noise she or anyone else would make going through the several twigs and leafs.

Ade could feel spirits form in the air, though these felt different than how he was used to interacting with them. Or maybe it was the purpose that made his stomach drop and his heart ache for them, yet he couldn't stop what he was doing. The spirit of the fallen student was so, so close... Just a second more...
He gasped for air as the doll started to burn in his inner pocket. He quickly took it out and let it fly up, around to the same spot where a person's heart would be. An orange light formed around the doll, steadily expanding until it took the form of the student. Ade looked into the black holes where the student's eyes would be, and they stayed like that for a second before the spirit kneeled down in front of him. Ade could feel a strong connection forming between them, and through that, he could feel this student's pain and anger. He wasn't sure how the student died, but whatever happened, it fueled him to help them out.
Ade bowed his head and opened up his mana for the spirit to use. As he did that, his guardian grew in size more for a heartbeat and suddenly he was there, in a full body armour, ready to defend his master from any other incoming harm. Ade had entirely forgotten about the evil spirits around them, the connection already not letting any other spirits that he had not invited get even near him until his guardian slashed behind him with his lancer, and suddenly the evil spirit was nowhere to be seen again.
"Thank you" Ade bowed his head again. "Please, when we reach the other students, kill off their evil spirits, then focus on that girl-" He pointed towards Ruby. "and me." The guardian nodded.

Ade ran after Ruby, a lot more confident than before. "We are coming!" he shouted.

Last edited:
The first group of students followed both Ruby and Ade, listening to them and looking around for new threads; desperation and fear in their eyes; but determination dominating their faces.

Another group stayed with Hanzo; protecting him as he prepared the ambush.

------------------

Christian still stood there; his hands behind his head and his legs wide, his stance stable and strong. He looked at how a small group of students neared him. They were walking alongside a big, deep river that lead towards the archway on which he stood. His gaze however, was focused on the student that had managed to bring with a rather strong guardian; surprised by this, he decided to focus the majority of the evil spirits on the students that were walking behind Ruby a and the first-year student with his guardian. So he began to chant the incantation;

"Focus in unum purissimum, idest dæmoniorum!"

Immediately the remaining evil spirits began to lunge and move towards the first-year students; instilling the worst of fear; causing many to burst into tears, whilst others successfully cast mental barriers to keep the evil spirits out.

He then gathered a considerable amount of mana and used it to conjure forth a lance comprised of pure mana. He filled it up until it was vibrating with power, and right at that moment, he threw the lance at the first-year student that had brought with the guardian; hoping to shatter the link between the two. As he threw the lance; one could see the rippling of his muscle; how his chest, shoulder and arm worked as one to provide the perfect arc.

The brightly lit, blue lance illuminated the terrain around it as it flew towards the first-year student with the guardian. It was aimed right at his stomach...

Ruby halted her advance the moment that Christian let out a chant signaling an incantation. It was too late for some of the students as many burst into weeping like helpless babes; Ruby internally sighed at the lack of preparation some of these kids had, some of them anyway. a smaller number of student, no doubt part of the sharper silverware had the foresight to put up mental barriers. 'Guess some actually learn... Now its time I had some fun!' Almost as if someone turned on a switch, Ruby transformed back into her silver form. "By the way Chrisy." Clever girl. "I didn't just spend my summer break at a beach, sipping pineapple juice." Ruby extended her arms out, her pose almost looking like that of a cross. The air vibrating around her; The heat in the area starting to skyrocket, with mental focus and surge of mystical might 4 circles of power manifested around Ruby orbiting around her like planets.
magic_circle_by_chocassajulie-d4ecck4.jpg

Her grin widen as Christian started to charge up one of his magical lances. Her blood was pumping, the circles started to spin around at almost blinding speeds; A giant halo seeming surround the girl, she was ready to switch the circles in multiple aimed directions. While Christian focused on her Ade could take care of those evil spirits and maybe even offer some offensive back up himself. The Lance was thrown, Ruby was ready for it to hit her.... Yet she was not the target. Ade was. Ruby was almost too late. She had directed one of his circles to be between Abe and the projectile her circle pulsed with energy as it unleashed its own attack. An energy rhombus rocketed out meeting the Lance dead on, both clashing Golden light and azure blue Lighting up the sky as if two suns were fighting over dominance until. A massive explosion with the force to shake the entire area rung out, the boom was near deafening. Yet a certain voice rang out. "HEY!!" She sounded almost insulted. "What kind of friend were you? Don't insult me Christian!" Her magic flared up as sparks started to explode around her. "If you want Abe and these other firsties! Then you have to go THROUGH ME!!" Extending her right hand while her left hand held one Needle firmly; Waiting to parry or feint what every Cristian throws at her. In the meantime, Ruby fired cone searing sparks at Christian though not as powerful as the swords it did give a wider range of attack. "Ade! Only you can take care of the spirits, leave this to me!"

Last edited:
Ade was amazed by Ruby's circles, it was almost enchanting, but as he saw the lance that was aimed at him getting shattered, he quickly pulled his focus back towards their enemy. "Thank you, Miss Ruby!" he shouted towards the woman.
His guardian was already going through the evil spirits, just as he was instructed before, and Ade was getting ready to take control and help the guardian fight against Christian. When there were only a few of the evil spirits left attacking those who were not affected, he called out for the guardian. "Return to me!" The spirit dropped everything and slid through the air, stopping next to Ade. The man put his hand on the voodoo doll inside the light-made fallen student. It felt ice cold, going through the spiritual matter, and yet at the same time, Ade could feel himself calm down, the panic and anxiety from earlier melting away as he could sense the determination radiating from the spirit.
Ade untied one of the threads that held the doll together and wrapped it around his own fingers. "Jump towards him!" he shouted and pointed upwards. The spirit did as he was told without hesitation. Ade channelled some mana towards the thread, feeling his mana reserves being close to depletion. If his guardian were to be defeated, Ade wouldn't be able to summon another one, but he couldn't focus on that now. Maintaining the guardian and was nothing, and to maintain the thread, he had enough mana till the end, or so he hoped, so for now, he was alright. More than alright, in fact, as he saw his guardian lending a few feet away from their pray.
With the help of the thread, Ade could influence his guardian's moves from afar, which helped to bring the human element into the fight. Unpredictability. Ade picked up a piece of wood from the ground, imagining it to be the lance of his guardian, and jumped forward, his guardian at the same time moved towards Christian. Ade would swing down hard into the air, while the fallen student swung down with his lance. The attack, if hit, would be hard enough to probably knock Christian back, or even off from his feet, making him go into defence, giving the students a new opening. If not, the attack would be powerful enough to form cracks on the arch, making it unstable.

Hanzo had stayed behind to prepare an ambush. They weren't normally his style but somebody had to do it. He looked around at the students that were left with him. He asked them all if understood the job that they were given, some nodded their understanding but some shook their heads no. He explained what exactly it was that they were going to be doing in full detail so that even the dumbest would understand without making the smarter ones feel dumb.

He kept an eye on the battle, specifically Christian, monitoring their condition. They all but Ade seemed to be in good shape. Ade looked as if he was about done. It looked like they might be needed soon.

The other students cowered behind Ruby...

The students that were with Hanzo nodded in understanding and waited for him.

------------------

Christian quickly cast a aegis shield; protecting himself from the sparks, or so he thought; it exploded into a thousand little pieces before one of the sparks hit him. He was pushed back at the moment the Guardian came and slashed downwards with his lance. Christian tip-toed around; conjuring forth another lance of glimmering blue mana, which he threw at the guardian, after which he immediatly dashed away into the forest; hiding himself from the students. He did, however; make a lot of noise, so they would be able to find him.

From the spot on which he stood, Christian could see Ruby.

"I'm impressed, student. You actually managed to conjure forth a real challenge..." He whispered, before yelling;

"GIOS!"

Immediatly after which he a stone the size of a head moved up to his arm, and with the movement of his arm he threw it towards Ruby; if impacted, it would break and turn into a thousand sharp pieces that would penetrate the terrain and pretty much cause blunt penetration damage to Ruby's skin. He then began to stock-up on mana by pulling apart the remaining evil spirits; sucking their essence up; effectively adding it to his own mana reserves. A result of that would be that he slowly began to become more and more powerful; not because of the spells themselves, but because of the power he was now able to put behind them.

He then slowly began to add his whispering voice to the winds;

"Nerones..."

He then groaned as he added another incantation to it; remembering how the water rushed into his lungs to drown him, how he felt at that exact moment.

"Nerones commoda mihi auxilium"

His voice echoed over the arena; but he didn't mind. They were still too far away to actually hurt him properly and he was too busy chanting...

Last edited:
Despite her sparks making a connection, Ruby still was not going to let her guard down, it would take muuuuuch more than a little spell like that to do anything to Christian. The heat around Ruby was rising and rising just from the use of two of her spells the heat alone was causing some leafs to burst into flame while the air around her in about 20 meters became thick, just how she wanted it; Anything projectiles that entered would instantly be sensed, the change in temperature from something puncturing this invisible cloud of heat, though she could only sense when it initially enters not while inside her little bubble.

Ade's guardian was more impressive than she thought, the blow from its attack would have possibly knocked Christian out or at the very least sent the man flying into a tree. Speaking of which. "Ok, this is starting to piss me off." Christian retreated back into the forest no doubt having a plan already cooking in the pot.

She could turn the entire forest area in front of her into an inferno with a well-placed spark spell, even make like a missile or use a pull powered Fireball the concussive force of that along would turn the very area around her into a weapon. The only thing stopping her from doing that is Hazon, she had an idea of where he was hiding and if she went along with her scheme of arson and a possible war-crime than she would be doing more harm to them. Contrary to popular belief she didn't like hurting people... Random people.

Her bubble was pierced by an object of great speed and velocity the size of someone's head. Making it not too hard to see but just about too late to dodge. Her perception was sharpened like a broad-sword throughout the battle, the darkness making it hard to see incoming projectiles of such size. However, the silver that was her hair and eyes shined like a lantern through the darkness a human flashlight illuminating everything around her, timing her dodge just right Ruby twisted her body in a way that made her seem almost like a dancer, adding to the description when she landed she did something akin to a ballerina twirl her movements were ghostly, smooth, damn near hypnotising. Ending her twirl with a sudden bolt of energy projected out of her needle in the direction of the rock's trajectory.

The wind carrying another one of his chants, it sounded far away but she hoped that her bolt of energy would at least hit near him. Her left arm started to bleed, not badly but enough to make it noticeable seems like she didn't time that perfectly the rock scratched her arm drawing blood.

Ade's physical body was far away from harm, in essence, he was behind a crowd of other students who indirectly added as his own personal bodyguards. "Keep your mental abilities up, but my talismans should ward off the evil spirits." Ade had purposely placed a couple of Loa talismans around himself, even the evil spirits that Christian unleashed would stay off their location, more like, they couldn't see them.

Slowly, focusing on his Guardian that was in hot pursuit on Christian, who ran down the Forest path, Ade enhanced his connection to his companion. As Ade closed his eyes, so did the Spirit Guardian. "Link... Complete." He whispered, and as he opened his eyes, he saw the world through the vision of his Fallen Spirit. He made sure to put everything he had into the spirit, as the connection became stronger, so did the spirit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back