Describe Your Favourite OC!

Liyrical

local cat
Soooooooooooo there isn't a thread on OCs here in the lobby-- or at least not from what I've seen so! Here! A space for you to ramble about your original characters!

Questions: Who are they? Age? Gender? What are their favourite hobbies? What is their goal/dream? What is their backstory? What do they look like?

Oh bud you just activated my trap card. I have a two-for-one character.

Cinon is an adolescent dragon, and a small one at that, coming in at just over two hundred pounds. His shoulder reached the same height as the average wolf and he was built by me with human interaction in mind. His scales are obsidian black along with his skin and small, curved back horns. His wing membrane is only slightly lighter and streaches from his arm to his hip, but smaller "fingers" let him pull the wing in so it isn't as obstructive. His eyes are a deep, murky black that extend along the entirety of the eye, making his pupils indestinguishable.

Cinon's more interesting feature is the fact that he has a brother trapped in and tied to his mind. Cedric, his brother, could be seen as a demon of sorts, but he really is just the big twin brother of an innocent dragon. He has a similar build, except he is a lighter ash instead of obsidian in colour, and he has purple irises. He is also four inches taller at the shoulder, and carries sixty pounds more of solid muscle.

They "discovered" one another after a much larger dragon attempted to disable Cinon with mental attacks and eat him.

Cedric is able to merge inside of Cinon, disappearing his mass and becoming a dark smoke that is absorbed into Cinon's scales while his consciousness goes to Cinon's mind. In his brother's mind he is able to create great worlds, permanent structures, and anything imaginable with purely his mind. He can invite others into this realm, including Cinon himself, but in doing so they lose consciousness in their real bodies.

Cinon left his home to go on an adventure like his parents had done, but in most RPs it ends up going just a little too far for him to be happy exploring.

He loves the way a human hand feels against his scales, especially on the head, and will melt into your hands if you scratch him too hard. Cedric pretends to tolerate it.

Cinon is also a massive glutton, but he is excused as he is normally eating for both himself and Cedric.

Comprehensive enough?

I'll just post the sheet for one of mine, albeit a very watered down version. It was primarily for taking on threats about as big as some things from Warhammer 40,000, so if it seems a little OP, there's the reason.

John "JT" Truman, 40.
Aliases: Marshal, Frontiersman, Techno-Cowboy.
Weapons: 2 50. A&E-firing revolvers (double action), 1 tri-barrelled .700 Nitro (uses depleted uranium-tipped slugs), plasma whip (10ft long), The Dancer of the Boreal Valley's swords (Long story), a dagger with a blade that extends up to 50ft, and a variety of cybernetic augments, as well as other operation-specific weapons.
Armour: 18 inches thick on either side (9 inches of ceramic, 9 inches of steel) on top of a 5 inch thick layer of shock absorbing gel, then the 2 inch frame for the exosuit required. A motor is in the back of the suit, on a compartment that has 5 inches of titanium surrounding the V8 engine. It has a HuD, runs on gas and such, you get the drift.
Bio: I'll lightly go over it. He was born in basically the cyberpunk version of Texas (think Robocop, Blade Runner, and Deus Ex had a kid with Clint Eastwood). He did gang stuff, took out gangs, moved to Neo-New York, and at some point he left that. He met a dude who took him between realities and timelines Bioshock Infinite style, which is how I explain his presence in different RP threads, and soon joined an intergalactic military. It soon became space Jersey Shore (All about sex, drugs and drama) and when that was over, he went to a ship called the Bloodwrath, owned by the Summoner and Sarris-Sanguine in a Warhammer 40K RP. He found a way off, went to a place called the Dojo, and settled down with his Private Military Corporation at his back, where he opened a clinic and lives out his days with his girlfriend.
Abilities:
JT is a jack of all trades, master of none kind of dude. He's good at everything but can be bested by people superior to him,but nobody has ever beat him in a duel with his revolvers. He has a half off a second draw time due to physical augmentations, as well as his own birth abilities.
JT is a cyborg, 99% of his body is made of metal and it is packed to the rim with augs, from a drill arm to an inferno in his stomach that lets him breathe and spit grease fires. He has a Nanocyte body (T3000 rip off) for making cover, which he uses at the same time as the cyborg. He has a third body with only a prosthetic right arm for when he enters threads with a little more balance and emphasis on being less overpowered.
JT's species is an Atlas, he was a bacteria cell that was experimented on. He underwent rapid mitosis and his DNA sequence was modified, as well as he was given more strength and the ability to live twice as long as humans - Living until the age of 160 before he goes brain dead.

It's a stupid combo of OP things, but after two years of using him, I've come to call him my best work.

*has an entire journal entry containing extremely basic descriptions of my ocs*
I'm just gonna put a link to that. If you want to know more about them, just message me something along the lines of "I'd like to know more about (name of oc here)"

Anyway, here's the link. Great site, btw.

https://www.quotev.com/story/8859315/OC-INFO

It has to be my first one, David. It was in a Walking Dead style zombie apocalypse. I didn't do a very detailed description of him, in fact, it was a single sentence. But I actually was able to develop him, and pretty soon he was a fully fledged character with a backstory and everything. He actually had an interesting conflict, which also developed over time. He felt bad because of how his dad died defending him, and feels obligated to defend these two people, both being total jerks by the way, because of this. One of them wants to leave the group, go out on her own, but David kept persuading her to stick with them. Then there was Darren, who constantly argued with David. After a trip to a gas station and a showdown with three military defects, who nearly killed David because he wouldn't give up fighting, they went to a city called Westfield, which had been bombed like crazy to stop the disease. David saw an undamaged car outside of a building there (As undamaged as you can get for 10 days into the apocalypse) and noticed a person there. He broke into a run, and when asked who it was, said it was an 'old friend' he got in, and found Adam, the guy who killed his wife. One of the defects, who had joined the group, was killed by a trap set by Adam. Then there was a fun combat scene (dirty fist fight) up on a second floor balcony, and eventually the two fell of the balcony. Adam's arm took all the impact, and was completely shattered. David's leg was mangled and had a piece of rusty rebar stuck in it. David shot Adam, and was knocked out in place of anesthetic. they came to a house, fixed his leg up (Rather crude, impromptu surgery. Sloppy stitching, hunting rifle for a splint, etc.) After a brief dramatic incident, the whole group fell into chaos, everyone split up, and David, who's sole motivation was hope that he could lead the group well, felt so bad about causing the group so many problems that he killed himself, and left a suicide note. It was how I learned what proper rp was. I could never really replicate him, no matter how hard I tried.

Last edited:
I find it hard to narrow my favorite down to one, but I think I have one that is arguably number one on my list.

Her name, aliases really, is Anodyne "The Ripper", a Liberian-born mixed race woman. Her father, an ageless god, raised her and her siblings, not all of them blood related, to be potential tools in his plan to change this universe and the next with his own blueprints. He planned to do it all through force, violence, genocide.

This all under the nose of Anodyne's mother, who had thought she had changed her husband. In truth, she had only delayed his plans. His need to destroy and rebirth the known universe was already deeply implanted in the man's very core due to his own experiences over the years.

The children were raised to be extremely loyal to their father, and with his years of experience, resources, and money Anodyne's father enhanced his children's already god-like abilities, be they strength or smarts, to even higher levels using technology and intense training. Even hiring them out to different sides in the civil war that would hit Liberia in the 1980s and 1990s after their mother passed away.

It was the death of that woman, the anchor keeping the father on the level as the mortal he lived with and loved, was gone. Seeing no reason to preserve life as is, the plan was in motion.

But, Anodyne was deeply wounded by the fighting, which she saw as not worth her gifts in favor of either side in the conflict. Anodyne and several of her siblings fled. Others remained with their father, either out of loyalty or fear that anywhere else would be more dangerous than under his protection.

Anodyne split ways with her siblings, a tactic that served to slow down their father in his quest to round them up and return them "home".

Knowing nothing but violence, Anodyne dedicated herself to protecting the weak in Africa as a vigilante, a mercenary and a would-be guardian angel. For a few short years she travelled the dark continent, finding inpsiration in the people she helped, the religions she saw and the lives she preserved.

But, Anodyne could never shake off the bad she'd done on her father's orders. She vowed silence and took more time over the years to adapt to a world she'd never truly known. A world where people didn't always fight, but could be capable of great acts of love and kindess.

It was a stark contrast to the fighting ethnic groups, extremists, and guerrilla iarmies of Africa. Anodyne enjoyed it, but was also frightened by the new experiences. Not that she would ever tell.

It was early in the 1990s when she found herself recruited by a mercenary company called The Invictus. They had a reputation for getting the job done, but not at the cost of their humanity or morals like many other mercenaries. This attracted Anodyne, being able to help people, support herself, and have some sort of stability.

New friends to keep her from going down the same path many like her were so often tempated to take. Her abilities were meant for helping as far as Anbodyne was concerned. She worked comfortably with the Invictus for years, even achieving celebrity for her selfless actions in the field among civilians and her fellow mercenaries.

It was her increased fame that caught the eye of her father. He was determined to bring his daughter back home, no matter the cost. Not matter the lives lost in his almost obsessive pursuit for what was left of the woman he loved.

Back