Driving Me Crazy [1x1 with emilou]

Nova

tumblr_o2s7mqzC2W1rydgw4o1_500.gif

~ Aria

The sound of revving engines fills my ears as soon as I pull into the Stop & Shop parking lot. Most car meet-ups are somewhere inconspicuous like a back lot of a grocery store after hours - somewhere where no one cares if you’re being loud or not. In a shopping center this big, no one is going to hear you anyways.

Car meets are usually pregame for races. Everyone shows up, shows off the newest modifications and customizations to their prized possessions (their cars) and argues over whose is the best. Bets are taken, there’s smoking and drinking, and everyone has a good time. It’s a good group of people. Hardly ever any drama. Unless, of course, someone makes a bet that they can’t back up. Then they get roughed up a little until they cough up the money. That doesn’t happen often, but when it does it’s enough to remind people not to talk out of their asses.

Tonight, the crowd is small. There’s someone in the corner of the lot showing off his obnoxious sound system and a cloud of heavy, green smoke hanging in the air. There aren’t too many racing cars around. Mostly just muscle cars and pretty cars with nice new rims and custom paint jobs. None of these cars are actually for performance, they’re all just for show. It’s not really my thing, but hey, everyone's different.

I park my Ford Focus FRS next to a souped up Honda Civic with a bright purple paint job and hit the button to lock the doors before adventuring out to see some other cars. Half the fun of these things is seeing other people’s engines and then showing them how much better yours is. By now, most people aren’t really surprised when I lift my hood and show them all the work that I did, or when I tell them that I did it all on my own. But back when I first started hanging around, it was nearly impossible to convince anyone that I even knew what “horsepower” means.

I made my way over to the group of people surrounding the car with the loud music. There were a couple of girls sitting on the hood of the car while two guys, presumably the owner and his friend, tried to explain to them what they had in their car and how they set everything up to make it so loud. The girls were obviously clueless but kept nodding and spinning their hair around their index fingers, staring at the guys with a far away look in their eyes. I couldn't help but laugh to myself because there was always a few few girls around just to flirt with the guys. Not that any of them really minded.

A few people greet me as I join the group. I lean against my friend Jake’s car, crossing my arms over my chest, and we begin to discuss the details of tonight’s race.

Last edited:
//Floretta//
“Aria Lebeau.” A stack of documents slammed down to the desk with a harsh smack, a picture of the dragracer on the front, paperclipped to the folder. “You want me to kill Aria Labeau?” I questioned with disbelief in my gaze. Metalmouth, a man close to my brother, laughed aloud at my surprised gaze and wording, showing off the silver and gold teeth that littered his mouth, replacing rotted teeth from years of tobacco, caffeine, and other forms of drug usage.

“Ye’, well, the client doesn’t want you to kill ‘er, persay, just rough her up a bit. If she puts up a fight… killin’ ‘er might be useful. He wants her… ‘immobilized’ before the big tournament next year. Ya’ might want to take ya’ time and see if you can learn anythin’ useful about her.” He ended his statement there, turning away to go grab a drink, leaving me with the stack of documents.

It was almost as if the picture of blonde stared back at me, knowing what I was doing. I shivered, which was odd, I usually had no issue with doing these thing. This was a high profile case.. Maybe I was just a little nervous about that. Grabbing hold of the off-white folder, I left the Metalmouth’s office.

“Commonly at car shows and meet ups.” My eyes scanned over these words; There was probably a meet up going on downtown right now. I thought to myself, ‘how could I get her to approach me if I went to one?’
By getting a car.

I left to go find Teeto, who works on the cars our “group” uses, He could have something souped up that I could show off. I mean, I could look like someone who works on cars for a livin’ ; I’m not a tiny gal, and I have enough of a body to show it.

I find Teeto, taking a smoke break in front of his own car. “Ey’, you got something I could use to get this girl to approach me?” I greeted him with a smack on the back while showing him the document.
“Aria Labeau? Watcha need her to approach ya for? Got a crush or somethin’?” He winked and I laughed. “Nah, just gotta rough her up a bit. There’s always car meet ups goin’ on around town, I’m thinking if I find her at one of ‘em, I would need something that she would wanna come over and see.”

“Well, I got just the thing for ya’.” He spoke like a salesmen, and opened the large garage on the giant warehouse lot that our gang used.
A few hours went by and I pulled into crowded parking lot, everyone seemed to be focusing on their own cars, or the cars of others. I was using Teeto’s current project; A dark blue corvette, that seemed to growl when you started it up. I guess he wanted me to ‘dress’ like I worked on cars, so I was wearing ripped jeans and a wifebeater tank top, showing off my arms. I got out of the car and leaned on the hood, hair pulled up in a bun; Being in direct sun wasn’t my cup of tea, it was a way too hot, but I needed this job.

The meet had started small enough with only about twenty people gathered to show off their cars. But in the span of an hour more people had began flooding in. Things were finally starting to get interesting now that about a hundred people were here. There were pretty cars, fast cars, and even some people driving shitty cars who just wanted to see the nicer ones.

Jake and I had migrated back towards my car since plenty of people were asking me to see it. There were still the occasional few super macho manly-men that didn't believe that the car was actually mine, let alone that I did all the work on it. But after a few minutes spent talking engines and specs, they usually got the picture. I hated that this industry was so hard to be taken seriously in as a woman, but I wasn't afraid to put in the extra work to get my name out there.

I was just finishing up explaining to some scrawny guy who thought he knew a lot about cars why I had changed the spoiler on my car, and what the point of a spoiler even was in the first place, when a girl driving a corvette caught my attention. She was leaning against the corvette, almost glowing in the sun. I hadn't seen her before. Or her car. It was odd to see a car that I didn't recognize because most of the car people in town knew each other. It wasn't often that we got a fresh face around here.

I nudged Jake in the ribs, nodding towards the muscular girl leaning against the dark blue car.

"Do you know her?" I asked, curiosity clear in my tone.

Jake perked up, looking over in her direction. "No, but I'd like to get to know that Corvette. Come on." He grabbed me by my wrist and pulled me over to the newcomers.

"Nice car," I said slowly as we approached, circling the car to get a better look. "You do the work yourself?"

//Flora//

I was surprised by the sudden voice, and I turned to see Aria and some guy, walking towards me and asking about the car. I smiled to greet them, trying to keep cool. "A friend of mine helped me a bit with the engine, but otherwise, yeah." Teeto sat for hours explaining to me everything about the car." I patted the hood I leaned on, the car a matte dark blue. I knew a bit about cars from being around the gang, considering the whole group started with stealing parts. How we got to sabotage and murder, I'm not sure.

"700 horsepower and honestly my favorite paint job I've seen." I smiled at the two, my heart beating in my chest, hoping I didn't say anything dumb. I glanced around the parking lot, and saw the Ford the two had walked from. "That yours?" I asked her and pointed to it, before smirking. "Looks great. Oh," I stood more to my full height and held out my hand for her to shake. "I'm Flora, by the way."

I was thinking to myself, how am I gonna be able to sabotage this girl? This is gonna take a hell of a lot longer than I thought it would. I thought to myself that I might be in this for months. Hopefully it wouldn't take that long, and I wouldn't pull something dumb and compromise the plan.

I saw the way some guys seemed to be flirting with girls that sat on their loud ass cars, and it honestly gave me a bit of a headache. "Ugh," I covered my eyes, one of the cars near me having a reflective paint job; Not really the best one to have when it's 90 degrees and sunny as hell.

~ Aria

I nodded at her explanation, taking another moment to study the car. She was right, it had a nice paint job. I wouldn't go as far as saying that it was my favorite though because my own car held that place in my heart. My baby was painted a soft, muted purple with a matte finish and black accents. She was my dream car. All my life I'd been helping my brothers fix up their own cars and dying for my own, and finally I could afford it. With the money I made off of racing, I could afford way more than my Focus now, but it was all I wanted.

I followed Flora's eyes over to my car, grinning with pride. "Yeah, that's my baby." I reached out and took her hand, shaking it for a second and meeting her green eyes. I wanted to know more about this mysterious new girl with the midnight blue corvette. Where did she come from? Why the sudden presence at a car meet? Did she race?

I took my hand from hers and crossed my arms over my chest. "I'm Aria," I responded with a soft smile. My tattoos were visible on my pale arms in the tank top that I was wearing. Jake, a bit of a tattoo fanatic was always yelling at me to wear sunblock so that I would't cause them to fade. But I hardly ever listened to him.

I laughed at her reaction to either the sun or the loud music. I couldn't tell which. "Is this your first meet?" I asked.

I saw the way she looked at me, and I could tell she wasn't annoyed by me or disinterested. Perfect. I saw her laugh before asking the question. "Yeah, it is, haha. God, are people always so obnoxious with their cars?" I asked, walking to my car and leaning through the open window to grab the sunglasses I thought I didn't need, slipping them on. I looked back up at her behind the shades, walking back to the front of the car. "But yeah, it's nice to meet you Aria. I like your tats by the way, they look pretty dope."I looked over her pale arms to see the dark tattoos. They were still very opaque on her arms, the contrast with her skin making them stand out.

I saw another guy approaching, a smirk on his face as he walked up to me, his arms crossed over his chest as he wore a shirt way too tight for his body. "So, cutie, this your car?" Instantly I made a face of disgust. The way he talked to me was oddly condescending and I truly disliked it. "Yeah, why do you ask?" Surprisingly, Teeto asked if I would want to buy it from him considering I usually borrow cars and haven't really had one of my own for a while. I told him I'd think about it.

"Fiesty, eh, I like that." I rolled my eyes and stood up straight, crossing my own arms over my chest. My arms this guys' almost matched up in muscle tone, though it seemed his were more for looks, and I use mine for my job. "What do you want." He kept looking me over, and then glanced to Aria as well, wiggling his brows at her. Sometimes I'm glad I'm not attracted to men. I thought to myself, and watched him speak again. "Well, I was just wondering if you ever want some help with your car, gorgeous, I mean, if you think you need it." The guy spoke with lustful tone dripping from his words.

"The thing is, I don't need it. Just go back to your reflective tincan and go talk to the girls who actually tolerate you near them." I always truly disliked guys who thought they could get whatever woman they want, and speak as though they're better. It's horridly disgusting.

~ Aria

I laughed at her reaction to the loud music and the loud engines. There wasn't a single car meet that I could think of where someone wasn't blasting loud music. It was just an inescapable part of the culture. "It's kind of always like this, yeah," I responded. It was nice to see another girl at a meet for once. Especially one who was actually interested in cars and not just interested in the guys who were driving them. I mean, Flora was much more muscular than I was and definitely looked the part of someone who was interested in working on cars, but who cares?

I looked down at my arms when she spoke, running my eyes over the rose on my shoulder. "Oh, thanks," I grinned. I was going to add something else, but one of the resident jack-asses walked up before I could say anything else. Though I didn't know his name, I did recognize him as one of the guys that was constantly harassing the female drivers. I rolled my eyes, about to tell him exactly where he could shove his misogynistic attitude, but Flora beat me to it.

He finally sulked away, making a crude comment about how she "wasn't that hot anyways" just to make himself feel better. I glared at his back. "Real cute of you to offer your help when we all know you don't even know the difference between a bumper and a spoiler," I shouted after him. A few people snickered, but he didn't respond. I shook my head, turning my attention back to Flora.

"Unfortunately, you're going to learn that it's hard to be a girl in this scene. If you're not tough, at least. You just can't let it bother you," I explained.

Last edited:
//Flora//

"No need to worry 'bout me; I've been raised around enough jackasses in my life, I know what I'm in for. Besides, I think I'm tough enough." I jokingly flexed and I offered her a smile before listening to the comment she made after the sulking brainless brick wall. I chuckled to myself and turned to her. "That was pretty funny, you seem pretty chill." I looked into her eyes, and honestly, I thought this girl was pretty neat. I then remembered why I was here.

I knew I couldn't kill her, that's just wrong. I'm usually okay with it, but this seemed different. Weird, I thought to myself, Maybe I could try to sabotage her? Well, whatever, I have months to figure it out.

My eyes glanced up to the big sign of the store which the cars sat in front of. Stop and Shop, it read, in big bold, and eye-catching red letters. I noticed it was closed, and shrugged my arms. "Damn, was gonna run inside and grab a drink, forgot it was closed." I thought to myself. "There's another gas station down the road, I might go down there and grab some beers. You need anything?" I asked her, stretching out my arms and feeling the cracks of the tense joints.

~ Aria

It was obvious that Flora didn't need me to worry about her. If anything, maybe I could use her looking out for me. She had about ten times my muscle mass. I was scrawny and barely over five feet tall. I wasn't protecting anyone - I was barely even capable of protecting myself. But most of the asshole guys here were all talk. And if any of them tried to do anything beyond talking, none of the other guys would let them even finish the thought.

"I try," i replied when she called me chill. In school, I was never really good at making friends. I was always just friends with my brothers and their friends. I had three of them, so how many more friends did I need? As I went through college (the whole three semesters that I finished), I began partying more which made it easier to make friends of my own. And now, being part of a community, it was easier than ever.

"Oh no, I'm good," I answered. I watched as a few guys in a group a few feet away gathered around someone's engine, attempting to diagnose some sort of problem. "I wouldn't mind taking a car ride though. Can I come with?"

//Flora//

My eyes glanced down into hers and I smiled wide, nodding. "Yeah, totally." The shop I talked about was about two miles down the main road. I turned to walk to the passengers seat, opening the door for her. Once she hopped in, I walked around the front of the car, hopping in the passenger seat. I pulled the key from my pocket, starting the car and driving forward, quickly turning and pulling out onto the main road. I began to drive down the road, leaning back and smiling as the radio started with the engine. A song by the Front Bottoms turned on, Maps. It was always good when a song I didn't mind turned on.

The sun across the horizon was a soft orange hue, translating to a gorgeous violet up towards the the top of the sky. I revved the engine a bit more before pulling up at the opening of the parking lot, seeing the bright sign, flashing a 24 Hours! font in an obnoxious yellow gold color. When parked, I opened the door, sliding out of my seat and waiting for her before we walked inside. I held the door for her on the way in.

I looked around the fluorescent lit room, moving my sunglasses to the start of my hairline, and walking to the alcohol section, leaning in to grab some beers. I didn't mind beers, but I more so enjoyed flavored alcohols, like vodkas and some whiskeys. I looked over at Aria. "Sure you don't want nothin'? S'on me." I winked at her and smiled, standing to my fullheight once more, cardboard pack of brew in hand.

~ Aria

The drive to the convenience store was extremely quick, but the nice music and air conditioning were both welcomed changes from the loud car meet. I loved going to car meets and seeing all the hard work put into cars, but they could get really obnoxious pretty quickly.

We were at the gas station soon. A sign in the front boasted that they were open for twenty four hours, something that didn't happen often in small towns like ours. We were greeted by a burst of cool air from a fan hanging above the door. The middle aged man who was stationed at the cash register barely even looked up from the raunchy magazine that he was buried in. I grimaced, following Flora to the drink cooler.

"No, really, I'm okay," I said. After a moment of staring at the selection of frosted drinks, I reached for a tall can of Peace Tea. I didn't feel too bad about a ninety nine cent drink when she was buying an entire case of beer. "Maybe just this," I decided. "But I'll get yours next time." I nudged her side with my elbow as we carrried our drinks to the counter. As much as I would have enjoyed an alcoholic drink, I had to race later. And I couldn't race if I was drinking.

The man at the counter rung us up without a greeting or even a facial expression. I made a face at Flora before grabbing a pack of condoms, a lighter, and cinnamon flavored mouth wash and tossing them on the counter to get a reaction from him. But nothing. He just stared at us before rattling off our total in a monotonous voice.

//Flora//

The rush of colder air from the freezer of various liquors made me shiver, and seeing her change her mind, grabbing the can of tea, I smiled that she took my offer. "No liquor?" I questioned with genuine curiosity, and then remembered she was a racer. Maybe the same rules for driving normally applied to dragracing? I was unsure, but chuckled to myself at the idea of an all drunk league of drag racers.

Approaching the grungy linoleum counter, I saw the man's lustful and ignorant gaze peering at the photographs of stick-thin, overly-tanned women in close to no clothes on the cover, but I'm sure he saw more inbetween the sticky pages. I set the drinks onto the counter, and watched Aria, seeing her toss the various items onto the counter. No reaction. This man must be a veteran of weird shit. "Thanks, dude." I spoke, handing him some cash for the drinks, and the items I wasn't expecting to get. He handed us a small, plastic bag holding our items. Thanks for shopping at your local Everleague 24-Hour! was printed onto the stark white and somewhat wrinkled bag. I shrugged, carrying the smaller objects in the bag and the beer in my other hand. "Thanks for shopping with Everleague, have a nice day." His monotone voice made it seem as though the world was a lot bleaker than it actually was.

As we exited the store now, approaching the car, I glanced over to Aria. "Were you really tryin' to get a reaction out of 'im or do you have other plans?" I jeered jokingly and winked at her, opening the door of my car and climbing in. I set the beers on the divider with the bag, starting the car and feeling the rushing, cold air conditioning kick on, the radio turning back on, in the middle of some other song. I ignored it and began pulling out of the parking lot, to get back to the meet. Hopefully it wouldn't be as crowded and we could just chill. I drove down the road, watching the sunset, still high in the sky.

Once we reached the parking lot, it seemed few had left, and more were surrounding certain cars. I hopped out, and grabbed the beers and her tea. I tossed the tea to her, before walking to sit on the hood of my car, using a novelty bottle opener on my keys to pop open the drink. As I tilted it back to drink, it tasted alright; It was just beer.

~ Aria

I was slightly disappointed that I had been unable to get a reaction from the bland cashier. But maybe working at a twenty four hour convenience store makes you immune to weird combinations of things. Working in any retail position will do that, really.

I laughed out loud at Flora's implication that maybe there was more to my choice of randomized items. "Gross! I just wanted to see if he would react," I giggled. I dug into the pocket of my shorts and pulled out a small wad of cash as we slid into the car. I passed her a ten dollar bill to cover all of the random shit that she'd just bought for me.

When we arrived back at the parking lot, we climbed out of the car and I opened my drink. "Are you sticking around for the race?" I asked, lingering near her car. I liked Flora. At least the parts of her that I was getting to know. I wouldn't mind getting to know her more.

//Flora//

"If you'd want me to. I don't mind, didn't have other plans for tonight." I winked, sipping the strong yeasty ale while I watched for a reaction. I actually enjoyed talking to her and being around her. It was like talking to an old friend, even though we had just met. I had a sharp pang of fear, remembering why I was here.

Fuck. She was so nice. How was I going to do this? I didn't know at the time, but I really had a hard time getting my mind off my reasoning for being here. I can't just...reject the job. Especially knowing it would disappoint the others, and that it would just be reassigned, and who knows what could happen to her with someone that just doesn't care? They could just crash into her, or shoot her, or.. Goddamnit, this girl doesn't deserve that.

I sat quietly when the conversation hit a natural lull and we both stood silent. I saw the sun was finally falling underneath the horizon, and the moon was showing it's soft halo from behind the hazy baby blue sky. When a few people began getting in their cars and the conversations began to dull, I turned to look at her. "When exactly is the race starting?" I questioned her with a tilt of my head.

~ Aria

I crossed my arms over my chest, the can of tea hanging out of my right hand and touching my arm. It felt cool against my sun warmed skin, droplets of water condensing and rolling down my arm. "The races are cool. You should stay," I said. There wasn't a very easy way to watch a street race, but usually a crowd would gather around the starting point and take bets on who would win. We even had to bet on ourselves. That's how I made most of my money - more money than my waitressing job ever made.

I suddenly realized the lull in activities. Everyone was starting to head off to their own cars, ready to go to the starting point of the race. We usually did three laps around the city, everyone with a dash cam so that the judges could be positive that no shortcuts were taken.

"Um, it looks like it's starting now," I said, looking at my watch. "If you want to watch, you can just follow me there." On rare occasions racers would bring their girlfriends along for the ride and it would always end in a nauseous girl, complaining about how scary it was and how they'd never do that again. They didn't get the rush that I got from the wind destroying my hair. The adrenaline rush, my heart beating against my chest, that was my favorite part about racing.

Last edited:
//Flora//

When she said I should stay, a little smile crossed my face and I glanced over at her, noticing racers getting to their cars and slowly beginning to pull out of the empty parking lot, supposedly to go to the beginning point of the race. I had never seen a drag race before; The fastest I'd seen cars go was during police chases or being chased by an enemy gang, or opposing hitman or woman. When my beer was done, I was sure to pocket the bottle cap; I always kept them, for some odd reason.

"Yeah, that's what it seems like, and sure. Light purple car, right?" I pointed at her vehicle, just to be sure I was right as I rounded the hood of my car, my hand touching the handle of driver's side door, waiting for her nod or approval of what I said before hopping in. "I'll follow you to the starting point." I said, watching everyone begin flooding out of the parking lot and down the road, supposedly to the starting point.

I honestly was a bit excited, having never seen a drag race before. I heard it was pretty fun. Once we get to the starting point, a thought crossed my mind, maybe I'll place a bet on Aria. I still got the cash from the job I did a few weeks ago. I never spent a ton of money, but I did splurge once in a blue moon, on a trip to the mall or on a new weapon at the local Gun Shop.

~ Aria

I nodded when she pointed at my car. "Yep, that's my baby," I bragged. My car was my prized possession and I would brag about it at any chance that I was given. I crossed the parking lot that was now almost void of cars and unlocked my doors, sliding into my custom leather seats. I started up the car, feeling the same hint of pride that I always felt at the sound of the purring engine. I pulled out of the lot, slowing to make sure that Flora was following me before leading her to the beginning point of the race that was about a quarter of a mile away.

The starting point was just off of the highway on an endless stretch of road. It was a back road, so not many people drove this way. It was easy for us to start our races here. There were five of us racing tonight. Four men with muscle cars were already waiting for me when I arrived. I waved Flora over to a place where she could park her car and watch with everyone else and I lined up my own car at the starting line.

A few minutes later, someone waved a flag and we were off. From the start, I was lagging behind. A guy in a Charger was at the lead, but in only a few seconds, I caught up and took the lead. I glanced in my rear view mirror, trying to see how far away everyone else was. They were close, so I shifted gears and surged forward once again. A little while later I made my way back to the finish line, rolling in neck and neck with one other guy, and beating him by only a few inches. Some people cheered, surrounding the car, while others were busy flipping out about their loss of money.

//Flora//
I had a feeling Aria would do well, she seemed to be quite proud of her racing and her car, and it seemed the other contestants were just in it for show. I parked my car where she directed me to, getting out and pulling my wallet from my pocket. I approached the guy everyone was placing bets with. “Three thousand on Aria.” I had a couple thousand folded in my wallet, most of my jobs only paying in cash to be untrackable. I noticed quite a few were just betting on their friends, which car they thought looked cooler, or were just avoiding betting on Aria. When I bet, if she won, I decided to give her half the cash, just as some sort of thanks, or something.

When the flag swung down with speed, every car darted off down the back road, and everyone around me was cheering. Judges were watching from their phones, the live dashcam footage of each racer. The race did not take long with the speed each vehicle was going, but I smiled each time I saw Aria drive through the finish line for a lap at the front of the other cars; Obviously, the others didn’t put too much work into their actual car, and more on the paint job and speakers.

When it ended, with her and another guy almost tying, I saw the way she pulled only a few inches ahead to win. I had only known this girl for a few hours, but I cheered for her. When they announced that she won, I approached the man who kept track of all the bets, smirking. He congratulated me, for some reason, giving me double the money I had bet. Once the racers left their cars, some stomping their feet, and others approaching their friends, grumbling about a rigged race, I approached Aria. “Hey, congrats.” I took half the money I was given from the bet, and handed it to her. “This is an extra little price, I guess. That was cool, you did great.”

~Aria

No matter how many races you compete in, no matter how many times you win, and no matter how much money you earn - nothing beats the feeling of winning. The adrenaline running through your body makes you feel like there's electricity running through your veins. It feels like every single nerve is alive. Call me an adrenaline junkie, and I won't argue.

I stepped out of my car, pulling my hair up into a messy bun just to get it off of my neck. A few of the girls in the crowd flooded over, raising their Mike's Harder cans and cheering. They loved seeing a girl beat all the big mean men. There was always a moment where I felt like my victories were for them, not for me. But then I remembered how good I felt, and they didn't really matter anymore.

I sat on top of my car, thanking everyone who was congratulating me. Eventually, they dissipated. I received my money for winning and then the judges began to leave too, promising to text me with the details of the next raise. I looked up after counting the money to see Flora and she was handing me even more money. I widened my eyes at the large stack of cash. "Woah, you bet on me," I said, a little surprised. After all, we had only just met. "Thank you." I graciously accepted the cash and shoved it into my pocket.

"How was your first race?" I asked. "Exciting enough?"

//Flora//

I watched her surprised expression when I handed her the cash. "Yeah, I did. You seemed promising, and since I had the cash on me, I figured why not, yknow?" I spoke with a casual tone. "It was great!" I replied to her when she asked how it was, still feeling excited. "It was really cool. You should invite to a few more races, or come hang around with me sometime. I'm usually working, but sometimes I'm free."

This girl was really awesome, and it felt good to have a friend who wasn't in the gang. Everyone in the gang was usually more focused on work, or being rough and tumble. It's been a bit calmer lately, but still, it's good to have a friend who I don't have to worry about getting shot when I'm hanging out with them because they upset a rival or something.

I leaned on her car to speak with her, noting how quickly it had gotten quite dark. "You wanna go get lunch or something sometime?" I asked her with a friendly gaze and smile, my fingers tapping softly on the hood of her car. Some people had begun to leave, but others stayed around to kick it with their friends, or do some more unofficial and more playful racing.

Back