Escaping Civitas

I suck at titles, ah - hah, this will be subject to change.

It all started in 2098, and a UFO landed in a Saharan desert, full of a dying race of aliens called the Limii (pronouced= lee-my). They knew that they needed a host species to survive, and unfortunately, they chose the humans.
The Limii started taking over humans in the nearby area and expanded throughout the city. Locals started to realize what was going on and alerted the authorities, but by then, it was too late for anything to happen. The UN had been taken over, and then everything had gone down the toilet.
War broke out, and now, the world is nothing but a war-zone, with few human stragglers trying to survive and defend themselves from the constantly multiplying parasitic alien species.

The Limii:
These aliens are a lot like a parasite, they need something to take over to survive, otherwise they die. They are also neither alive nor dead, but that's where the similarities end. They are small and insect-like, and need to infect the human mind through the bloodstream, so they bury into the skin where there are large veins or arteries (near the wrists, jugular vein, etc.) From there, they make their way to the brain and take over the human from there.
The taken-over, or the hosts, go through several physical changes. Their nails grow longer, almost claw like, their teeth sharpen into points, and their bones and muscles strengthen, making them almost indestructible.

Civitas:
Our rag-tag group of survivors are in one of the preserved cities of America, barricaded within the fortified walls of what used to be the thriving city of Chicago, now renamed Civitas. It used to be run by government officials, but that proved to be futile against the Limii.

Plot:
The prologue begins with word spreading that the Limii have managed to take over the dying government of Civitas, and now scared citizens are attempting to escape, and dying in the process. Now a small group of survivors have come together to try to survive and find a way out before it’s too late.
The actual plot takes place right after the group manages to make it out of Civitas and has to try and fend themselves against the Limii. It’s a losing battle, but word is that humanity is trying to rebuild itself somewhere across the Mediterranean in Europe. Now the goal is to make it there, however, there seems to be a band of Limii that seems to be dead set on destroying any survivors, either by bringing them in for taking over or just plain killing.

So, you're able to play as either a host, or a survivor. There will be a set list of people who can join, but when a character dies, they can be replaced by someone else wanting to join in!

Now I know that this isn't completely fleshed out and thought through, but if enough people show enough interest, I'll think that this idea is worth developing. Please comment your opinions!

Well I'm definitely interested, but I do have some questions about the Limii. They are:
Can they only take over humans?
And
What happens to a Limii if the host were to perish?

Well I'm definitely interested, but I do have some questions about the Limii. They are:
Can they only take over humans?
And
What happens to a Limii if the host were to perish?

They could take over other species on earth, like animals and stuff, but they prefer to take over humans, and if the host were to perish then the Limii dies soon after. However, if they find another host quickly enough (like, in the span of five minutes) then the Limii can live.

I'd be interested in participating as well! So you mentioned the Limii multiply rapidly, and can posess animals. Is such a common occurrence, seeing as humans are a rarity?

I'd be interested in participating as well! So you mentioned the Limii multiply rapidly, and can posess animals. Is such a common occurrence, seeing as humans are a rarity?
Yes! Using insects that can lay eggs on food or anything that can be ingested is one of the ways how the Limii spread.

I'm very interested
But I have a question; By western Europe, do you have maybe a little more specific area in mind? Maybe at least a country?
Otherwise, that's all

Back