Flames From the Past (1x1)

Niel had been quiet this entire time. He understood what she was dealing with. He fought this every day. Though she uses energy, he used a gun, but ptsd was the same no matter.

He sighs quietly and moved to his feet, picking up her chair and setting it right. He agreed with both men. She had to do this.

"You can not change the past but you can remember the good of it. You helped those that lived in your home. Helped heal them, helped your parents. Yes there is darkness in that past but with darkness is light. As your father just said. You have to learn to live with the bad. Does it suck yes, can it hurt yes but focus on the good."
He smiles a little. "You see that night in your mind when you close your eyes. It replays constantly. Change it. There is strength in that moment no matter if bad or good, let that energy fuel you to help you get stronger and focus on control. "

He steps back and nods.

Monica stared at him. Her father was right, Dustin was right and Niel was right. They all spoke in their own ways but they were right.

She looks down at the perl in her hands. Gently she rolls it around in her hand then focuses again.

The energy responded quickly as she thought back to those she had healed before. The room began to warm again as the energy glowed softly along her arms to her eyes.

She places her hands over her eyes and let's her energy work. It was slow process but as she pulled her hands back, the scars around her eyes were gone. The ones around her wrists were taking a little longer but they were almost there.

Lucius half listened to the worlds of the human that now explained as he had explained, "Good work," He smiled softly, "It would seem you have some experience in this as well," Sitting forward he watched Monica carefully after all should her energy go crazy again he would have to step in and nullify it.

Dustin was a bit out of place as he listened and watched all that happened.

Once she was healed Lucius smiled, "Good. Rest for the rest of the day and we will try something else tomorrow."

Niel nods slightly. "More experience than I like but it will help here. " He watched as Monica managed to do as her father had instructed.

The scars were gone around her eyes and her scars around her wrists were thinking lines now. She felt exhausted and sat down in the chair.

She looks to Lucius and nods a bit. "Alright..." she smiles a bit. She looks to Dustin and smiles again. She was glad he was there.

She was glad they were all there.

Niel got up and made some hot chocolate. He set a mug in front of Monica. "Chocolate is always good after stuff like this."

Lucius smiled softly at the girl. She looked a lot like her mother and it amused him o see the similarities between the pair. He saw little of himself in her currently. There wasn't a girl who desired to see the world changed into one that accepted the darkness as easily as the light and that the others could walk around without fear of humans seeking to put an end to them. He rubbed his neck slightly.

Dustin smiled out of habit, "You really are a neat person," He sighed, "It seems as though you never really needed my healing though."

She sips on the hot chocolate, glad for it. Already starting to feel better and relax.

Niel had walked off to his room. This was going to be hard for them both. Ptsd of any kind was hard. She may have healed today but there were always set backs. He needed to be ready for those. It made him think back to his group sessions in therapy. It might be good for her but she would have to want to go and considering her history with doctors it would be hard to convince her.

Monica looks to Dustin at his words. "You realize that if it wasn't for you, I would never have found any of this out. I would still be in my little office waiting for the day I go blind. I have you to thank the most. Because if I had gone blind...it wouldn't take long for fear to eat at me and my powers to have gotten out. I am very grateful to you. You've healed me in a different way."

Dustin blinked in surprise at the woman's words before he rubbed the back of his head slightly. He felt he had sort of forced her to let him help. It was one of the few things that made him wonder if he was even useful to her. Kiki wondered over to him and rubbed her head against his leg before purring and prancing over to Monica.

Lucius hummed softly as he watched everything happening before him, "I'll be back tomorrow. Call me if you need me," With that he stood and strolled out of the house.

She smiles happily as Kiki came to her. Getting out of her chair, she got on the floor so she could give Kiki some loving.

As she hears Lucius she looks to him and nods softly. "Okay." She watches him go then returned to petting Kiki.

Dustin rubbed his head slightly as he watched the girl and cat bond more and more before his eyes. He was happy there was no longer any devil to deal with but somehow the house seemed to long for him to return. It was family. This house longed to see more friends and family fill its corridors as it had once before.

Kiki purred gently as she rubbed her head against Monica. The cat was happy as could be.

She giggles softly as Kiki rubbed on her. She gently continues petting the large feline.

The she looks to Dustin a little. "You okay?" She asks softly to him. She could feel something was bothering him but she wasn't sure what and didn't want to push him.

He shook his head, "Nothing to worry about he told her gently," He gave a smile as he stretched, "So what do you plan on doing for the rest of the day?"

Kiki was loving the loves. There was little a large cat liked more than being petted

She nods softly to him. Then she thought about his question. "To be honest. I'm not sure. I know he said I was to rest the rest of the day but I'm not sure how to really just sit still and rest." She says smiling.

Niel arched a brow and tilts his head. "Well, if I recall, you enjoy taking pictures and I'm sure you and Dustin could explore the park and you can take your camera. I'm sure Kiki would like to get out as well." He suggested.

Dustin paused slightly, "Taking Kiki is out of the question. She has a thing about chasing birds other cats and even dogs. It just wouldn't work out well," He turned to Monica, "Though I would be happy to go if you wanted."

Niel nods in understanding. "Kiki and I can keep each other company for now then."

Monica nods softly and smiles warmly to Dustin. "I will love for you to go with me." She moves to her feet after giving Kiki another hug. "Sounds like we have a plan." She smiles warmly.

Kiki purred at being hugged then watched as Dustin and Monica got up and made their way out the door after Monica was decent, that was. The cat puttered over to Niel and bumped him with her head. Those large eyes stared up at him. She needed food.

Monica had gotten dressed and headed out with Dustin. Though she was tired it was nice to get out a bit.

Niel smiles and nods, giving Kiki a scratch. "I know that look any where." He gets up and searches through the kitchen until he found some food for Kiki.

The cat followed him purring happily. She was happy she could communicate with some one by simply giving them a look.

Dustin drove as he often did. With little attention on the road. He wasn't the type to text while he drove but he did fiddle with the radio and switch lanes a lot. Bad habits died hard as some might say.

Niel smiled to Kiki and nods a bit. "Used to have a few k9 in the squad. We all got real good at reading looks from them." He smiled. "It was either that or our pillows became dinner." He shrugs a little.

Monica was a little nervous with his driving. She arches a brow. "You gonna watch the road?" She asks carefully

The feline murred as she munched away at her breakfast. She was happy for some one to pay attention to her.

Dustin blinked at the girl's comment, "Am I scaring you?"

Niel worked on some more research as he sat quietly.

Monica arches a brow. "A little. "

The angel pouted slightly, "Sorry," he murmured and kept his eyes on the road for her. He also slowed down a little and kept both hands on the wheel. It didn't take them long to get to the park. A state forest covered most of the landscape and several paths twisted their ways among the trees. Squirrels loitered about looking for hand outs while birds dove down to the ground for a moment before retreating to their unseen perches in the greenery.

Back