OZ Forest of Gugu

"Great... it's... you." Tom wheezes out as his armour reverts back into place. What was up with that monster strength! It managed to choke him even when he had full plate on! "Just... when I thought today would be a good day. Why is it that you always show up to ruins things." He mutters as he shakes his body out, marching his way over towards Estefany, or how he liked to call her, that one overbearing bitch.

"Why are you here Este? The closest town to admire you is miles away." He demands, fully bracing himself for any sort of backlash. His transformation ability wasn't available for twelve hours, not that he would want her to even be aware of his ace in the hole, but as it stood he couldn't survive more than a few direct blows from the highest level player.

The Steel Lion - Forest of Gugu

"She needs no town to admire her, Tom." A voice rang out from behind Este, as one of the Lion's of adjectives appeared next to her. Eying the group with an intense gaze, sizing each one of them up. "I am The Steel Lion, level 121. It is a pleasure to be making your acquaintance." His thick Russian accent made each word he spoke sound harsher, like a military drill sergeant, and everyone but Este was under his command.

His sharp gaze turned back to Tom. "We were merely in area, heard the fighting and wanted to investigate. Quite an impressive kill for ones who have yet to break level 100." He gave a nod of respect to the other two, meaning it as a compliment, but for Tom it was meant as a jab.

Grinding his teeth behind his helmet, Tom whirls around towards Steel. "Should have known. Where one is, the other isn't far. Tell me, now that you've come and satisfied your curiosity, how long until you leave?" He mutters, shoulders hunched, fists clenched as his berserker class begins to erupt due to his rage.

"You've both been here for about a minute but you're already insufferable." He growls before marching over to pick up the bear cape, bundling it under his arm as he looks at Aurelius and Elly. "See ya guys. I'm gonna go find somewhere to eat where my appetite isn't ruined." He says to them before marching off into the forest to search for somewhere mildly under cover.

Eloise - Forest of Gugu

The moment the two higher level PCs showed up, Ellie bolted up as if someone stepped on her tail, her eyes widening. "The E-Estefany Oldgen... The Steel Lion..." her gaze kept shifting from the newcomers, to Tom, and back again, as if only realizing now that the three were acquaintances. Granted, they did not seem to be in good terms with each other, but acquaintances nonetheless. The two top players! Right in front of me! They were people she had always looked up to.

As Tom marched off seemingly irritated, she took a deep breath, taking the chance to try and introduce herself. She took a step forward. "Hello. I--- ow!" She winced as she accidentally stepped on her own tail and almost fell flat on her face. An embarrassed blush crept up her cheek. She looked back again at the two, trying to compose herself. "I... uh..." she shut her eyes. No! I'm gonna make a fool of myself--- she bowed. "I-I'm sorry for bothering you! I'll be on my way."

With that, she shifted her body to her animal form --- a small, cute cat with fur similar to the color of her hair--- if only to hide the look of utter embarrassment she had on her face. And to think she thought her social skills have improved--- stupid. Stupid. She jumped back up her boulder, giving the two a small nod before preparing to run away.

Aurelius set the item into their inventory, a bit annoyed by the lack of response from the surrounding PCs. As they straigthened their poture, they glared at the pair of bear ears that sat on the palm of his hands. The stats were good but their dignity...

Their thought process was interrupted by a loud, obnoxious voice.

Turning around to spot a woman, clearly, of a much higher level than them, they placed the helmet into their inventory, keeping that decision for later. Turning round to greet the woman, they could feel the power that literally radiated off the higher level PCS and their eye's narrowed. People of such high levels should be helping lower level players, right? Aurelius internally groaned at the revelation of another PC who just popped out of nowhere. They held a dislike towards those who bragged about their levels. Especially if it was to purposely mock a lower level player. This kind of toxicity was uncommon in the East Asian Servers in most games but they still managed to unnerve them.

Taking a close look at the lady, they paused for a moment to capture her beauty, for she was quite a sight. Her choice in armour was exquisite and her in game character was very carefully crafted. One might say they found her rather... exotic. Watching Tom walk away, Aurelius trailed behind him, determined to leave the growing group of people that had just appeared. If the top players in the game were here, more are soon to follow.

Estefany turned her gaze from Tom, fully planning on torturing him later but for now her attention was on the girl that shifted into the cutest cat she had ever seen. "Hold on, dear! Don't go anywhere." She called out to Eloise. "You are just too adorable!" She momentarily glanced at the other one with a curious gaze before nearing Eloise. "What's your name, dollface?"

Steel could only chuckle to himself at the antics of those around him. He shared Este's fascination with the young cat girl and followed her in pursuit of the girl. "We are not monsters to be feared my fellow player. We are merely high level players who have no issues with meeting and befriending others. Indeed what is your name friend?" He asked with as charming a smile as he could get through his snout.

Tom stormed through the forest in a foul mood, knocking away anything in his path as he lets out his anger. Mobs, plants, trees, anything. 'Why do they always show up?! It's like they're fuckin' stalking me!' He cries mentally as he grabs a monkey and tears it in two before moving on.

After a long while, Tom eventually calms down. No longer leaving a path of destruction in his wake, he continues wandering aimlessly as he withdraws a sandwhich from his inventory, munching on the food as he make sure his way towards the edge of the forest. He's had enough of GuGu. First the bear, now them.

Eloise - Forest of Gugu

Eloise almost squeaked like a little mouse as the two powerful players approached her, asking her name. Wanting to be... friends? Her eyes widened as she snapped back to her humanoid form. "T-Thank you. My name is... Eloise." she told Este. Then she glanced over at Steel. "N-No! Don't get me wrong! I'm not afraid. I'm just...." her ears twitched as she looked away shyly, pressing the tips of her index fingers against each other. "I just thought you two are so cool and I've heard you guys a lot before and I swear not to sound like a stalker but I idolized you a lot and I don't know now how to react now that you're in front of me I mean---" she took a deep breath, almost a gasp. She said it in an almost panicked pace, not breathing between words. "I-It's nice to meet you." she finally muttered, looking nervous.

Este could only smile at Eloise before pulling the girl into a hug. "It's nice to meet you as well, doll. Oh, you're so adorable! Can we keep her, Steel?" Este said, more or less cuddling Eloise.

The Steel Lion - Gugu Forest

He shook his head in amusement. "She's not real cat, Este. I think it's fair to let her have some say in the matter. What say you, Eloise? Would you like to join us for a little while, get to know your idols a little better? I can promise fun times all around."

Raising an eyebrow at the berserker's very stereotypical behaviour, Aurelius decided to stick to the trees to avoid aggro-ing any mobs from below. Thankfully for them, their idea worked like a charm. The near silent steps they took could have been the reason they did not grab the high levelled player's attention. Perhaps he was unaware of anyone trailing him because of his anger? Either that or he did not put in any points for detection. The former seemed more likely.

Slowly coming to a stop, Aurelius was forced to halt their tree jumping awesomeness since the edge of the forest was drawing near. Jumping down with undeniable grace and beauty, Aurelius performed a very unnecessary double back flip through the air and landed next to Tom.

Tom heard the sound of a person landing next to him. Eyes instantly flaring red he whips around, fist reared before he realises who it is, fist stopping halfway through its motion of pulverising what he had expected to be the strongest player.

"Oh. It's you. Hey dude. Sorry." He says, body relaxing as his arms return to swing by his sides. After a few moments of silence, his body takes upon a more defeated look. "Never used to have problems with anger but... well, since I got trapped in the game I've been finding it harder and harder to maintain. Not sure if it's the device or I'm just adapting to my role, but sometimes it gets real bad." He sighs before suddenly straightening up placing his hands on his hips, body tilting as he scrutinises Aurelius before he rights himself.

"Guess you're here because you heard them speak for about a minute eh?" He chuckles, lightly punching the man's shoulder as an idea pops into his head. "Hey, you wanna party up?" He asks, sticking his hand out. "Would be good to have some company for where I'm going. I've gotta try and level, but even getting to where I'm trying to go is dangerous without a partner. It would also be pretty great experience for you."

ARC 1- Prologue

Out of nowhere, a low rumble was heard before something...glitched. The players near the Gugu forest notice a hologram of thin, old man. His skin was freckled with age with age as she turned to face the players. "You are here for a reason, unbeknownst to you and it will remain that way so enjoy your new life. Anyway, a new update has been brought to the game. Something I think you'll like... or not, I don't care. If you thought that this was going to be a simple life of going to level up and fight the biggest boss out there, you were dead wrong. I like to think of this as a test, as test of who can survive the horrors that await you and who will die. So try to live if you ever want to see your true home again."

The hologram disappeared as it had come, the silence of the forest foreshadowing the events that followed shortly after. Ground broke and cracked along the way as creatures began to crawl from the ground. Souless empty eyes laid upon any they set their gaze on as they crept along to the life they sended. Corrupted, deformed and demonic, their vocal activities were beyond what one had ever heard. They continued to crawl out of the ground, one after the other without pause. And began to crowd around the players that were in the forest. Others branched out of the forest, spreading out quickly to other areas of the country.
These are the creatures.
thumb-62745.gif

Tom instantly turns to Aurelias, grabbing him by the lapels as he turns back the way they came, the demons beginning to encircle the duo. "We need to get back to where the others are now!" He roars in his face as he releases him, drawing his sword and axe as he faces the demons. "We have a higher chance of surviving if we stick together, and even if it is those two, we have no idea how strong these things are."

"We're going to need to leapfrog this. I clear a way here, you pass by and hold any groups that are further up off until I get there. Repeat until we ge back to the clearing. Follow the broken trees once we get there,." He says as he analyses the situation. 82% health, mana locked at zero until he sleeps and he's surrounded by mobs created by what is essentially god himself. Perfect. "Ready when you are." He mutters as the demons begin to close in.

Let's hope his armour is able to take this.

Eloise - Forest of Gugu

Her eyes widened in delight as she was invited to join them. Her face broke into an adorable smile as Este cuddled her like a pet. "Of course I'd love to! It's an honor! Pleased to be in your compa---"

Suddenly her ears twitched, as her senses caught a low rumble. There was the voice of an old man in the distance, something she picked up on quickly with her felinelike senses. A new update? She was having a hard time trying to keep the excitement off her face. She had a lot of skills and weapons she had not used yet in battle, and while she hoped Tom and the other guy managed to escape Gugu safely, she had known long ago that if she dies in Oz, she'll die with no regrets.

Silence... followed by the sound of cracking. The ground is rumbling beneath her. Creatures corrupt and horrifying started to claw their way out of the cracks, quickly crowding around them. Eloise glanced at Steel and Este. They are the two best players in the game, they'll be alright. Glancing up at her HP, she made a small smile. 97%. She's in good shape.

Steel smiled as Eloise agreed to join them, but then the hologram showed up. The hairs on his body stood on end as the old man spoke, his voice cryptic and menacing, it was clear the man was as insane as he'd predicted. What he hadn't expected was this 'update' that the man referred to. The monstrosities that made their way from the ground were certainly grotesque, but Steel had seen much worse in his old life.

"Looks like we're getting to have already. Eloise, stay safe, we'll have this handled in no time." With that, Steel centered himself and called upon one of his medium deities, the spirit of the bear. His hide grew thicker and more resilient, his muscles expanding, as he became what looked to be a juggernaut of a Lion. In this mode he was a living tank. "Just like always, Este. I charge, you kill outliers, go!" He said as he ran head on into the monsters, his heart as steeled as his body.

Este could only smile at the change that was occured before shifting her gaze back to Eloise. "I trust you can fight but stick close to me, at your level you can't afford to be surrounded.With that Este drew her whip and katana, cutting down the ones that weren't paying much attention to Steel. Her eyes seemed to take on a much darker glow as she continued to strike down the enemy. "By the gods, these things are ugly." She said, as she smacked her whip against the ground, flames erupting around it. Once done, she ran forward a bit, slicing and burning the daemons that came from the ground. "Steel, I'm going to try and clear a way! I think the other two might still be in the forest, they didn't leave that long ago. Do you think you could help me with this, Elly?" she asked as she started to move in the direction Tom and Aurelius went.

Eloise - Forest of Gugu

Steel and Este were amazing. They move swiftly and efficiently, making up for each other's lack. She felt blessed for having been able to see them fight as such close angle.
It was then that she heard Este's question.

"Yes!" she confidently replied, twirling her naginata and taking down two more opponents. The thought that they were depending on her made her feel even more energized. "Switch!" she said as her naginata turned into hook swords, and without further delay she raised the weapons over her head, crossing it against each other. With her Keen Eye, she selected the ten or so opponents that are around and in front of them, making sure that Steel and Este won't be in her line of fire.

"Out of the way!" she yelled, as she activated Howling, sending the monsters into disarray as they clutched at their ears, screeching. Some growled loudly, some were stunned, some became even more aggressive, but she knew they'll be fine. "It's our chance, Miss Este! They'll be weaker now!"

Steel nodded Este told him the plan. "I'll draw as many away as I can!" He yelled, watching as some monsters burned, and others clutched at their ears. He was suitably impressed by Elly's skills, but knew he had a sound based power of his own. Building up as much air in his lungs as possible, he unleashed a mighty roar, thundering out for miles in all directions. The force obliterated some monsters while others turned and started moving towards him. "Now is chance, go!" He called to them.

Back