New User Greetings and Salutations

Blackstone

King of Comedy
*bows and tips hat* Hello, I am Blackstone. I am new to this particular venue, but not to role-playing. I have been looking at this site for a modicum of time but been uncertain as to whether or not I ought join. I finally took the lengths to register today, and I do hope the endeavor to be as fruitful as I anticipate.

My experience for play-by-post tallies around 10 years, now. The majority of my experience has been spent upon medieval fantasy projects, but that is not the limits of my interests. I enjoy delving into science-fantasy (or light sci-fi), post-apocalyptic, modern-fantasy, cyberpunk (along the lines of Shadowrun), gaslamp fantasy, and steampunk. While I do have preferences for these particular areas, I have been enticed into role-plays with sufficient allure in other genres.

At the moment, I am unsure whether I will create and GM my own role-play, but I do have interest in perusing and possibly joining one or two while I am here. Admittedly, I can be quite picky about what I join and due to personal matters I can can become otherwise occupied, but I do foster a belief that if I cannot continue within a project (be it for lack of passions or time), I will forewarn the other participants that I will be taking my leave.

That said, here-here to a new start!

Welcome to STC, Blackstone! I hope you enjoy your stay here and do look forward to roleplaying with you in the future.

Welcome to STC, Blackstone! I hope you enjoy your stay here and do look forward to roleplaying with you in the future.
Oh! You are the OZ gm. I skimmed that one and made a note that I would need to further examine it. Not to tease you with a commitment, but it did pique my curiosity!

Welcome to the site! Hope to chat and hang out with ye in the future. :D
As do I!

Haha, call me daft, but I had not realized you cannot post a new role-play until you are approved as member. Dear me, I suppose that if I intend to GM, I will have to wait... That does give me time to formulate a passable concept, though.

Hello Blackstone, it is always nice to see new faces on Story Tellers Circle.

You are free to do whatever you want, but I highly recommend you actually join an RP first. You have experience, but you might want to see how writers here do their stories.

Those genres will have plenty of popularity, I have no doubt you will find plenty of partners for the roleplays. I have one question, do you prefer 1x1 rps or group ones?

Hello Blackstone, it is always nice to see new faces on Story Tellers Circle.

You are free to do whatever you want, but I highly recommend you actually join an RP first. You have experience, but you might want to see how writers here do their stories.

Those genres will have plenty of popularity, I have no doubt you will find plenty of partners for the roleplays. I have one question, do you prefer 1x1 rps or group ones?

You have a fair point about getting to know the community a bit better before I even try to launch anything. Thank you for your advice.

I prefer group role-plays. I have been known to partake in 1x1s from time-to-time, but they often die quickly in my experience. I have a bad history with partners in that area, it seems.

I prefer group role-plays. I have been known to partake in 1x1s from time-to-time, but they often die quickly in my experience. I have a bad history with partners in that area, it seems.
It all depends on the partner. There are 1x1 rps here than last for 100+ pages actually, you just need a dedicated partner.

It all depends on the partner. There are 1x1 rps here than last for 100+ pages actually, you just need a dedicated partner.
Yes, I figured that was the matter. Like I said, though, horrible track-record. I seem to end up with partners who bug me for months to do a 1x1 with them, and when I finally commit to one, typically get 2-5 replies in before they just stop responding.

Yes, I figured that was the matter. Like I said, though, horrible track-record. I seem to end up with partners who bug me for months to do a 1x1 with them, and when I finally commit to one, typically get 2-5 replies in before they just stop responding.
Well, hopefully you don't face anything like that in this community. We have some very dedicated writers here, so you should be safe. Group roleplays are also very nice.

Hello and welcome to STC! I am sure you will enjoy being here as it is filled with wonderful people and awesome roleplays! If you need any help or have any questions feel free to pm me!

Greetings and welcome to Storyteller's Circle!

We definitely have a huge fantasy and science-fiction following here, so you shouldn't have any trouble finding roleplays that match your interests (or finding players to join roleplays of your own).

If you do need any assistance though, let us know and we would be more than happy to lend a hand. We aim to try and support each others roleplays as best we can here :)

Back