New User Heeeelllo everyone!

bluestars

Hi, users of this site! I'm Bluestars or Blue. I'm new to this website, but not to roleplay. In fact, I've been doing this for 5+ years! I'm fairly active and love writing. I enjoy world-building in particular. I normally do fantasy, modern, supernatural, and the occasional sci-fi roleplay. I also enjoy developing realistic characters and determining how they would act in a situation. For this reason, I don't do too much of a plot when roleplaying. I tend to write a basic background and setup, and let the characters take it from there.
As for me, I'm pretty average. I'm an avid reader (currently The Magicians by Lev Grossman is my favorite series) and I hate rom-coms.
So yeah, that's about it. :)

Hello Blue! You'll find plenty of space for worpdbuilding here!

Hey, there! Welcome to STC!

Yeah, I find that if you have a good world and interesting characters, the story almost writes itself. And that's one of the fun things about roleplay, in my opinion, that as much as you're the writer, you're also the reader. There are still surprises to keep you interested!

And yeah, I think most writers are readers first. I've never read that series, I'll add it to my ever-growing, rarely shrinking list!

Exactly! You put less work into a plot if you just put detail into the world and characters.

And haha, my reading list grows longer by the day too. At this rate, it's unlikely I'll ever finish it.

Never finishing = never having nothing to read. I'll take that deal!

Yeah, I'm doing NaNoWriMo this year, the challenge is to write 50,000 words of an original novel in a month. I tried to plot it out, but I'm winging it at this point. My characters decided that the outline I wrote was really only a suggestion, one they're currently choosing to ignore. Good news is, my characters are taking on a life of their own! Bad news is, I gotta find a way to break them out of prison now, lol.

I tried to do NaNoWriMo last year, but I just couldn't stay motivated. I do better just occasionally putting in a chapter here or there when I get time. Good luck on the challenge! What's your book about so far?

My book's a realistic fic about two kids trying to co-write a book. But they don't fully understand how big the project is, and they're both trying to pull the plot different directions, and they're in over their heads. There's a humorous theme of kids dealing with an issue they aren't prepared for (like writing a book) which I'm juxtaposing with a heavier theme of kids dealing with issues they aren't prepared for (like racism, or like divorce, the one girl is getting bullied and people tell her to ignore it, but she's developing serious self esteem and depression issues). I dunno. The idea itself is fine, the execution needs work. But November is for banging out a draft, not editing! And it really does help me stay on track to get that draft done, it keeps my motivation on track.

If you haven't been approved yet, start posting more around the community forums ad interacting with the other site users. This thread is a great start! The more you post, the quicker the system will flag your account for approval and the faster we can get you in on some roleplays!

I just got approved last night after posting around for a bit! :)

And I love your book idea. It sounds like a fantastic way to teach people about dealing with life. It's good that it's funny- I can't write comedy for the life of me. Have you written any other books, or is this your first one?

Hey, nice! Welcome again, then! Now you can access the full site and start joining roleplays, though if you need some help finding something to jump in on, just let me or another staff member know.

And thanks! It's not my first novel, no, though it's my first realistic fic. I normally write fantasy. But I'm under no delusion I'll ever publish, I'm not actually that good, haha, and I don't know how I would even start editing at this magnitude. I'm a purely for myself writer - sometimes my girlfriend gets to read it, but that's about it, lol.

I understand that. Writing is a nice outlet, but I could never publish a book. I'm better at screenplays for some reason. o_O My fantasy books are kinda... all over the place in terms of lore and what the characters do.

Back