New User Hello world

vwrynn

Hi, what's up?

The name is Varia. I'm new to the forum but not entirely to roleplaying - the concept to become someone else temporarily, to immerse myself in worlds different from our everyday reality has always thrilled me, be it through books, movies, games or roleplaying. I have participated in several other RPs on other platforms before, the longest running (2 years) and most successful one being a steampunk/dieselpunk themed freeform play-by-post RP in German language.

Besides that I have been dabbling in P&P and tabletops on and off in my free time.

My preferred genres are fantasy, sci-fi and fandom-related RPs (Star Wars, Harry Potter and many more...), but I'm open for and interested in a broad variety of genres and settings.

Shout-out to the Requiem crew. Cheers!

Hello Varia,

Welcome to Storyteller's Circle we were happy to have you here. Glad to have you aboard and look forward to maybe partaking in an adventure with you at some point :D

I know some of our new users have had some questions about not being able to post in the roleplay forums, so just to let you know we have an account approval process, so come join in the forums with us, the main lobby and other introductions are great ways to find people that may be interested in the same things as you!

We also have a chat which is another way to get involved with other users. :)

If you need any other help, feel free to get in contact and I will help where I can.

Cream :)

Welcome to Storytellers! I also like being part of a story and diving into the roleplay world whether it be games or rp =)! I think you will fit in just fine here =)!

Oh, I'm late, but hi Varia! Here's a warm welcome to the site, and I hope that you will become active and invested into the community! I definitely agree with you on immersing yourself into another world; especially through roleplaying and video games. Also that sounds interesting! Is German your native language, or is it one that you learned later on? We have a lot of fantasy and sci-fi roleplays running and starting up on here, so I am sure you will feel at home. For now, focus on getting your account approved if you haven't already (you will know by getting a trophy), and I will see you in the chat/forums! ♥

So we've got a diversified roleplayer here?
Seem's like you got some good experience behind you, welcome to the site. :)

The Genre's you listed are all rather popular on the site, so you should be able to find RP's relatively easily.

Also, I like to make a habit of interrogating asking new members some questions, as an ice breaker. So...

1. Favourite Pen and Paper Tabletop?
2. What is so hot it's cool, yet so cool it's hot?
3. You mentioned RP'ing in German? You know any languages beyond German and English?

Thanks everyone for the warm welcome! Sorry for the late reply, wifi is down at home rn so I'm on mobile/data (rip).

@Aman I have yet to get a good look around but I definitely will once my wifi is back. And I certainly hope I can get approved soon so I can start becoming more active haha. German is my native language yes.

@Gwazi Magnum

1. I used to play The Dark Eye when I was still in school/in the first years of college, but then life happened and I have yet to find a new p&p group. The most stunning p&p I ever came across has to be Opus Anima though - I never actually got to play it because my group was reluctant to try it but I hope I will be able to, one day. The setting is rather dark, a mix of victorian/steampunk and Lovecraftian horror.

2. Pop tarts! Another thing I'd like to try, never had one...

3. I'm fluent in Chinese and can hold basic conversations in French. I also know some Latin and a little Russian.

Back