Hope for a Good Day

Lucky Shadow

Friendly Foul-Mouthed Shadow Cat
Do y'all just have times where they just wake up one day after a couple of weeks in a funk and think "You know what? Life's okay." I'm actually up kind of early today compared to the last week and a half. Considering it's already almost 10 o'clock here, that probably says something about my mental state lately. But today I had to get up, get dressed, go out into the snow and ice to check all of my mom's tires to make sure they weren't too low, fill up the ones that were, and then come back in and make breakfast for myself and my brother (@Captain Cannonfists ) ...And I would say I've had a pretty dang good morning.

Got a free day ahead of me, too. Plenty of time to work on writing that I've been putting off, might even start on my novel (anybody else here hope to write a book?) I guess I've got good reason to be happy, but that hasn't stopped me from being glum in the past. Dunno if there's something different about today, or if I'm just finally starting to get my head better (I have depression that gets much worse in the winter, and I've been putting off my treatments cuz it's been getting the best of me lately) but I think today is gonna be okay, and an okay day is a step closer to a good day, right?

How about everybody else? How's your day shaping up to be, or how did it go if it's already mostly over?

Afterthought/Explanation: I peppered a couple of questions throughout there, just kinda putting down what I was thinking. Feel free to answer all or none of them, or just pick the ones you want. If you're struggling lately or recently were, and you wanna talk about that, that's fine too. I don't really want this to be a thread just about me, I'd rather it be about everybody that wants to pop in and say something. So...Yeah, that's about all I got.

My day starts with "I have to go to school." You probably can figure out how things unravel from there.

School was never that terrible on its own for me. Took me looking always doing my best to be miserable to make it a horrific waking nightmare. Not sure if that's a positive thought or not: "The only person that can make me hate everything is me...Only issue is that I'm really good at it." :p

Back