Inked [1x1]

Otto's eyebrows raised when he heard Laila's voice. He could tell that there was something was different, but he couldn't immediately tell that it was excitement. He was jut about to ask when she recited her poem. Initially, he chuckled, not quite realising what it meant, before it clicked in his brain. He laughed again, this one in amazement. "Seriously?" He asked down the phone, sounding like a child that had just been told they were going to Disneyworld. "Laila, that's amazing! Did you just find out today?"

"Yeah, this morning. That's why I called, I thought maybe you'd want some credit since you helped me with the focusing and all that." She grinned, her tone teasing. "I had a meeting about a month ago but they wanted to see some improvements in the end before they would guarantee a deal. I used the technique you showed me and they loved the changes. So, really I called to say thanks and share the good news."

Otto laughed a little. "Well, that's great!" He said, beaming. "I'm glad to be of help," he chuckled. He thought for a few seconds. "Hey, what if we went out for dinner to celebrate?" He offered. "I mean, I understand if you've got something planned with your family," he said quickly.

"Ahh, uh, no I don't have anything planned with the family." Her bouts of shyness were less frequent with the time that they've been seeing each other, but it still showed in moments when she felt she was showing too much affection, "You're the first one I've told." She was blushing. "Dinner sounds great," Laila added. "But we don't have to celebrate."

Last edited:
Otto's face heated up when Laila said that he was the first one to know. He was going to ask about it, but decided not to. "No no, we definitely do," he said with a chuckle. A little idea came into his head, but he didn't mention it just yet. "There's a little Italian place I've been to once or twice. La Casa D'Inchiostro, I think." He absolutely butchered the Italian.

Laughing Laila agreed, "Yes, but please don't try and order anything from the menu in Italian; you're accent is horrible." She considered, "Mine is terrible, too, though, so we should both stick to our native language, I think." She grinned. "Should I meet you there?"

Last edited:
Otto chuckled and rolled his eyes. "Yeah yeah, I know," he admitted. He glanced down at his watch. "I don't really mind, to be honest. I can come pick you up after work," he offered.

By this time she was familiar with his schedule enough to know what time she'd need to be ready. She peeked at her own watch and nodded to herself, "Yeah, okay, that sound good." Biting at her lip she smiled, "See you then."

Otto smiled. "Yep, see you then," he said, then hung up. The seed of the idea grew and grew, until it had rooted itself so firmly into his brain that he was sure it was a great idea. He spent the rest of the day beaming at the thought.

By the time he got to Laila's home, it was twenty minutes to six. He got out of the car and walked up to the door. He didn't have flowers this time, though he was dressed more formally due to what he'd heard about the Italian place; it was supposed to be very classy. He'd also heard it was meant to be busy, but hopefully not too busy. He didn't quite want to sit outside, since the clouds overhead were pretty threatening.

Laila was almost ready when Otto arrived. She had wanted to wear a sundress, but the weather was looking a little dark so she'd opted for something still nice enough for the restaurant and warm enough if the winds picked up and it rained. "It's open," She called to Otto and when he came in the cats were eager to rub against his ankles and try to get a peek outside. The blonde had one shoe on, the other in her hand. "Two minutes, promise."

Last edited:
Otto opened the door, but flinched a little at the feeling around his feet before realising it was the cats. He laughed a little, closing the door behind him so they wouldn't escape. As he bent down to pick them up, he noticed that they'd definitely got bigger; he used to be able to hold the two of them in one hand, but he had to put real effort into picking up just Sam. "These little guys are getting big," he commented with a chuckle.

Laila strapped in the other shoe and nodded, "Yeah, every day it seems like they've grown." She scratched both cats behind the ears. "Ready when you are."

Last edited:
Otto chuckled again. "Yep, I'm good to go," he said, setting the orange cat back down on the ground. He opened the door, holding out his foot in the way of the cats so that they couldn't stage a daring escape. "You're looking lovely, by the way," he said with a smile.

Her cheeks turned pink, "Thank you. You're looking nice all dressed as well." She waved bye to the kitties and when Otto stepped out behind her, she locked the door. She waited a beat before letting Otto take the lead toward his car. "How was work?"

Otto chuckled, starting to walk to the car. "It was busy enough to not be boring," he said. "I've been working on this one piece on a girl for weeks, now. I'm glad to be done with it," he admitted. Like every other date they'd had so far, he opened and shut the door for her, and then went around to his own side.

It had taken some getting used to but Laila had grown used to waiting for the door to be opened and then getting in or out. She climbed in and buckled, waiting for Otto. "That's good. It looks like it might rain," She smiled a little, pleased by the idea.

Last edited:
Otto leant forward a little to see out of the windshield. He huffed a little, and glanced at Leia. "I hope it doesn't," he said. "I mean, we're both dressed up nice. It would be a shame." With that, he started up the car and started to drive.

Twenty minutes or so later, and Otto pulled up on the street a block down from La Casa D'Inchiostro. He would have got closer if he'd been able to, but all of the spaces closer to the restaurant were taken up. The entire street had restaurants on it, though, so they probably weren't all for the one place. He got out of the car and opened the door for Laila. "Sorry, I don't think I'm getting any closer," he said.

"I like the rain, it's cleansing." She smiled, "but yes, I'd like to preserve our nice clothes." The ride was a companionable silence, and Laila hummed quietly to whatever was on the radio.

"It's no problem, I certainly don't expect you to control the parking." She got out, following him to the restaurant. "I don't think I've been here since I was a kid."

Last edited:
Otto nodded. "Me neither," he said. "Did you ever have the tiramisu? That was my favourite, I was obsessed with it," he said with a laugh. At the end of the block, there it was. It looked small enough, but the two of them would know that the restaurant actually went back pretty far. There was an outside seating area that was entirely empty, save one older couple who were just paying. There was a busker playing the accordion just outside of the seating area. Otto peered inside, then winced. The place was packed. It was probably full. "It looks pretty busy in there," he said.

She shook her head, "I tried it, my parents gave me a bit, it was so bitter I could never get myself to try it again." Laila followed Otto's lead and looked inside, "Oh wow, yeah." It was crowded, but she was pretty sure it would be a time until they got a table. "Do you want to wait or try somewhere else?"

Last edited:
Back