Mae's RP Search

Maeriel

Benefactor
Hello fellow creative folk!

I'm a veteran role player looking for a literate, long-term partner wanting to tango with me for some time. I've ventured through Tabletop, IRC, chats, pbp, 1x1 or in groups, I have been playing for most of my life. A little bit of everything, D&D, Pathfinder, World of Darkness, Shadowrun, Numenera, Iron Kingdoms, Deadlands, Hell on Earth, Victoriana and countless custom worlds. A few things about me and my expectations

• I do elaborate, detailed posts, in 3rd person past tense, ranging from on an average of 3-4+ solid paragraphs containing description, action, inner dialogue, feelings and sometimes little snippets of the past. I'd like something similar from a partner, though I know the circumstances sometimes affect the length, I'm more focused on the quality. Give me something to work with and make me feel you've read what I wrote ;)
  • I'm looking for a creative partner (good grammar/spelling, though mistakes do happen)
  • I would like someone to come up with content along with me, I don't want to be the only one pulling the story along as it gets taxing. I write backgrounds for my characters with enough room for my partner to exploit, if wished. Let your creativity shine!
  • I prefer to play long-term, and I post at the very least once a day. I would like that from you too, though I can often do more than that. I prefer quality over quantity, though, so one good post a day is :emoji_heart:
  • I'll let you know in the rare case I can't post, and I ask you to do the same if you are going to be busier or going to be away for a longer period of time. Or if you are no longer interested, it can happen. I'll do the same. Just don't ghost, please. Dropping a line to warn someone is, in most cases, doable. I prefer knowing than wondering.
  • I like to keep an open dialogue so we make sure we're both getting what we want and can keep the story alive. I love to plot! I'm also rather friendly and very much welcome OOC chat (in a separate PM) I like to know who I am playing with and believe it makes a lot of difference in how the play evolves. :D
  • I need a good story in my role-play, how we do it is totally up for discussion. I do romance and intimate scenes as well, I just prefer it to happen because of the story, in a natural way, rather than force it. It is not the only important thing in it, however.
  • I am very visual and enjoy pictures, I just don't do anime pictures, sorry, it just doesn't work for me.

Some cravings (to elaborate on along with a partner)
  • Space Exploration/Dystopian Future(TAKEN): My character is part of a crew or lives in a place where things are not what they seem and something dark is hidden underneath that authorities work hard to keep people oblivious to. Most buy into the story told, but not MC. YC is up to you, someone who by accident or not MC makes aware of the lies, or maybe someone who has known the truth much longer and thought to be the only one out there trying to stay alive and find a way to bring the truth to light, for example. Whatever you fancy.
  • Ice Queen: MC was a queen centuries ago thought dead in the tallest peak of the frozen north during an epic battle that ended the Troll King who warred against the Northern people she led. It is viking/barbarian like, of course (kinda into that lately). She was one of the few blessed with magic, and since her 'death', her people has broken into warring clans and eventually conquered and enslaved by the very Trolls she had once defeated. However, MC was merely frozen, kept in the ice for all this time, and awakens in an icy cave that for some reason started melting. Upon discovering what happened, she sets on a quest to reunite her people and defeat their enslaving enemy. YC is part of the clans or not. (no Trolls, please, I don't do that kind of thing)

I am also open for suggestions, in the variety of themes mentioned before or even some others you may want if they are interesting enough, I'm usually open to try. I don't really play canon characters or anime, it's just not much my thing. I am more into medieval fantasy, sci-fi, steampunk and others of the list of games I put at the start of the post. To be frank, provided it is intriguing, I'm up for most things.

If your interest is piqued, please don't be shy to drop me some lines. I like to have fun together and that requires a good back and forth, tell me your ideas, maybe we can make an epic story together!

Last edited:
I am interested and I feel like trying to push my boundaries with you. I was planning on posting an ad for my nobledark fantasy rp, so I am currently on the mood for a rp like this.

Is there anything you wish to ask? Also, my typical limit is 3 paragraphs, but I am ready to push myself to limits and try make same amount of paragraphs as you do, or atleast the minimum of 4 paragraphs. I also rp in 3rd perspective, just like you.

Hey Enki! I am sure we can work something out, don't worry. Send me a pm with your ideas when you can. :)

Hey Fubsy and Sesame Pudding could you please send me a PM with any ideas you may have for us to see about getting something going? :)

On the prowl again, I updated the thread with some ideas. Feel free to contact me via PM. ^^

Back