1x1 Mare Claustrum

@Jeremi

There was a pause on the other end of the radio. Ada was quiet, but you could hear the shuffling of paper and the clatter of books being placed on top of one another before she came back on. Her voice was excited, and sounded slightly out of breath.

"Holy shit. Did you say you time traveled? You just might be the answer to my prayers. I can explain everything in person, but I'm..." There was a sigh on the other end of the radio. "A bit of a walk from the ship's back end, especially under quarantine. Can you meet me in my living quarters? You'll need an override key."

"Well I'm going to have to thank you in person then," Misty snarked over the radio. She was glad though, maybe she'd finally start getting answers about all of this. "I'll try to get to you but I won't make any promises. I haven't met anything freaky on this ship yet but I have a feeling my luck's about to run out. Now, you mentioned something about an override key?"

@Minerva

"Yes! It should be in the Great Hall." She said with excitement in her voice. "I'm... Currently stuck in the Biology labs, so it may take me a bit to get there myself." She sighed. "Just keep going. You'll find it eventually." Her voice would cut off from the radio. There was another loud creak, and then a loud static sound coming from behind Misty. The elevator light buzzed and flickered, and a large metallic CLANG could be heard coming from behind the door. The ship would once again tilt slightly.​

"Great," Misty murmured. "No where the heck's the Great Hall?" Alone again with a very chatty ship. The loud clang and static behind the door didn't fill her with much joy. "Okay if you have something for me, ship." Misty made her way towards the door. "Then I'll have to meet it head on."

@Minerva

@Jeremi

As Misty walked towards the elevator, there would be another creak followed by what was distinct roar and... a chainsaw. If she looked behind her, she could see a large figure emerging from a blue mist, a large stepping sound of metal against wood, and the creaking of metal joints.

latest.png

The hulking figure roared and revved its chainsaw-axe, cutting into some of the wood wall. In some ways, it was almost too large for this small entrance hall. When it noticed Misty, it began to charge, screaming as it revved its chainsaw and ran down the tight hallway, carving into the walls.​

As Misty noticed the hulking behemoth there was one clear plan. Running in the opposite direction from where it was coming from. Seeing no other path she made a beeline towards the elevator. Hoping the tight corridor would hold it off long enough for her to get away.

@Minerva

@Jeremi

"BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD!" The monster shouted as it raised its axe. It quickly tramped forward, but Misty had a head start, allowing her to remain ahead of the monster in the hallway. Its footsteps thundered and crashed behind her, the wood floor creaking and heaving with every step. The creature revved its saws, and continued cutting into the walls.

Misty would eventually reach the elevator. It was an old model, similar to ones in the oldest New York Skyscrapers. The chain gate closed as the behemoth raised its axe, revving the chainsaw as it did so, as if to cut through the gate. However, the blue mist would fill the room, and envelop the figure. It roared one last time, echoing distantly as it was covered.

A second later, it was gone, and the elevator started to ascend...

Misty took a heavy breath as the elevator started to slowly make its way upwards. She was hoping that next time that metal monster shows up she'd have something better then this damn wrench to defend herself with. That blue was another question mark in this little mystery she found herself in. Was that how she had ended up here as well? She pondered in silence as the elevator took her to her next destination.

@Minerva

@Jeremi

The elevator rose slowly, and then the gate on the other side opened. Behind it was a desk with plants, which behind that stood a statue of the Roman God Mercury, upon which a banner that read "Ars Scientia." More stairs led off to the side, flanked with paintings of famous and powerful individuals from the time period. This area, too, looked quiet, almost peaceful, as if everything had been dropped in the midst of a quiet workday rather than a rushed hurry.

unknown.png

The Radio crackled to life again. This time, a male, with an Eastern European Accent began to speak. "This is Nikola Tesla. I do not know who you are, or where you came from, but this ship is under a strict quarantine. If you are a spy from Edison or a World Government, I can assure you, you will go no further." He said before it cut off again, leaving you in silence.​

Misty did not have any time to react to, Tesla? As in the inventor guy? Well that should be interesting to compare notes with a guy like that. He didn't sound to be in a good mood though, so she had to tread carefully. Despite his threat moving forward is what Misty had to do to get to the bottom of all of this. She made her way forward waiting to see what Tesla had to offer her.

@Minerva

@Jeremi

Going up the stairs, she would find that it was flanked with paintings and photographs of powerful individuals and influential scientists. Queen Victoria, Mark Twain, Marie Curie, and Andrew Carnegie all had photographs with their names under them, alongside unrecognizable figures that Misty wouldn't recognize. These were interspersed with photographs of Wardenclyffe Tower and various patents Tesla had. Finally, she would reach the top.

unknown.png

At the top, she would find a sort of... Museum of Tesla. Various exhibits of inventions stood, such as the Death Ray (behind glass), X-Rays, and other interesting gadgets and structures built by Tesla. At the center, flanked by two recruitment posters for The Helios, stood a scale model of The Helios, showing every small detail of the ship. An automatic message droned on and on about its advancements to science.

There was another elevator in the back of the room, but she could look around if she wanted.​

Misty made a mental note of the elevator but she decided to give the exhibition a quick look before moving forward. The ship model in particular had her pause for a moment as she looked through the details. Whatever, or wherever this was it seemed to have some interesting advances in science. She was fairly sure stuff like this wasn't around back when Tesla was still alive. Even so after awhile she made her way towards the elevator to move on with the mission.

@Minerva

@Jeremi

Chapter 2: The Chains of Prometheus

The large heavy doors at the back of the museum opened. However, instead of an elevator, they would reveal... a Grand Staircase. The large room at the bottom of it, some kind of ballroom or Great Hall, stood in ruins, clearly once opulent. Furniture was ruined and scattered, a flock of pigeons picked at the ground, and the moonlight shone in from the stained glass cupolas on the ceiling. It was a quiet scene, with the view interrupted and ruined by several dark growths, akin to tree roots, climbing up the columns, up into the balconies, that same black dust coming off of them.

unknown.png

The doors closing echoed behind her, and the room was quiet again, except for the occasional zap of electricity, the patter of the rain, and the cooing of a pigeon. It was almost as if the room was absorbing sound itself...

Scenery change doesn't change the dread Misty was still feeling coming every inch of this place. With uneasy steps Misty made her way down the stairs to the open area. Small favors in the fact that she'd probably hear someone coming a mile away in this place. The silence in the room felt unreal some how. All these revelations regarding Tesla and the big hulking behemoth that had chased her just a few minutes earlier. How had she out of everyone stumbled into this?

@Minerva

@Jeremi

As she stepped forward down the stairs, the room suddenly became brighter. It was as if a flashbulb had gone off in her face, and was clearing up. She heard the sound of laughter and piano music? It seemed there was a party going on. The room seems to be coming alive... somehow. The clinking of glasses can be heard between laughter and piano music. The room was cleaned up, with no chandeliers or dark flecks fluttering in the air. People stood next to each other dressed in masks and fancy suits. Several even looked at Misty and whispered to each other as she descended.

unknown.png

Snippets of conversation could be overheard from those standing nearby.

"With the discovery of that shipwreck, I believe we may break new ground in our research."
"What's been going on in the Weather Department, Robert?"
"I need sleep. I swear I've been hearing sounds coming from the engine rooms. "
"Director Archer is really something, isn't she?"

Something was definitely wrong here, especially since... was the room getting longer?​

Oh hell no. Misty could deal with most things but the supernatural? That was more trouble than it was worth. Any glares she got from the ghastly gathering she gave right back. She listened in to conversations when she noticed that the room itself seemed to be playing tricks on her. "Son of a bitch," She mumbled softly to herself as she continued to look around for anything that seemed like it could help.

@Minerva

Oh hell no. Misty could deal with most things but the supernatural? That was more trouble than it was worth. Any glares she got from the ghastly gathering she gave right back. She listened in to conversations when she noticed that the room itself seemed to be playing tricks on her. "Son of a bitch," She mumbled softly to herself as she continued to look around for anything that seemed like it could help.

@Minerva

The pianist would quickly change the tune he was playing to something more common and recognizable. Someone approached him and leaned on the piano, A woman laughed, and a glass shattered against the floor. It was as if the room was a ticking clock, ever continuing onwards. M<ore photographs of people from the era lined the walls, watching the party.

As Misty weaved her way through the crowd, people standing around and watching. Some of the normal gossip would continue, but others would add talk about Misty in their hushed whispers.

"Will you be seeing Jemson's new play?"
"Is she the only new arrival?"
"Nikola's really gone all out this year."
"Where did she get those clothes? The stitching is immaculate!"

A guard in a terrifying mask would approach her. His footsteps were firm, and his build strong. However, he seemed blurry, much like the room. It was as if she was viewing it all from an out of focus camera lens.

unknown.png

"Excuse me. What department are you in?" He asked in a sharp demanding voice.

Behind him, the room was warping still. Blue light filtered in from above.​

"Uuuh, security!" Misty quickly remarked to the almost ethereal guard that walked up to her. "I'm the new hired helped! That's probably why you don't recognize me." Even if her bluff didn't work, Misty figured she had to get out of her sooner rather than later.

@Minerva

The guard paused for a moment. "I see. In the morning, report to Security Director Abberline. E'll get ya set right up." He said in a thick Cockney accent.

He pointed over towards a desk, which was marked Reception. "'Ead on over there 'n grab your mask." He brushed his hands against his pants. A grin formed behind the mask. "Lookin' forward to workin' wif ya." He said.

"Same back to you, chief!" Misty replied with a half-hearted smile as she started to slowly walk towards where she had been pointed to. She had at least bought herself a few more minutes to try and figure this out. Mayb if she had that mask on, Misty reasoned, she'd have an easier way out of this room.

Coming over to the desk she started to look after a mask for herself.

@Minerva

Back