It feels a lot like a game, which I 100% am interested in writing. But my main issue is how everything should be randomized, and how would locations work (Say, how can we determine if two players are near the same box)
Yeah, I don't know. I need to sleep on it. I don't want it to be too gamey. I like writing more than I like games. Not by much, but I do.

Lots of OOC communication as well as clear IC writing. I say we try it, and if it doesn't work, we can fix it.
Thank you sir. I was getting that same feeling. Let's try this as it is with one mechanic, see how we like it, and makes changes as things work or not. Fine tune what it is we all want out of this, and have fun with it.
Like I said, perma-death is for real, but you just pop into another new blood if you die. And your dead mug goes up in the Dead Book.

Another random question. Crates contents usually are small enough to carry around. Would that mean you can horde or move crates in the case that you don't have the NGs for them?

(People would be able to trade crates for NGs or use it as traps, etc.

I'm on the site every day. You will get an answer day of or day after at the latest to questions, posts, PMs, whatever.

Another random question. Crates contents usually are small enough to carry around. Would that mean you can horde or move crates in the case that you don't have the NGs for them?

(People would be able to trade crates for NGs or use it as traps, etc.
Yes. Excellent point. They will vary in size from a thermos to a gun safe. So yes, supply box hoarding is a thing, they can be used as traps, and they are bartered on occasion.

We'll work it out as it goes. The only real game mechanic right now is the 6 sides, and that's easy enough to understand. Other than that, the kinks can be worked out pretty easily once we get started.

By chance is anyone good with map-making? I think a general map of the City would be useful, but I don't particularly enjoy making them. If anyone wants a shot at it, let me know, and I'll give you the pertinent details I want represented.

Last edited:
How long has this RP been running?
It hasn't started yet. We've just been discussing things. I plan to launch soon, though. I need to finish the opener, and then we'll try it out and see if it works or what we could do to tweak it and make it a better experience

I think Gattle would keep track of that as well. I'm sure he has some secret sketch up of the city to keep track of our movements. The way it looks like he's wanting to play this, he will figure everything out on his end. This will make everything simple for us, we give him input, he responds with output. And frankly I think this is the only way an RP like this would actually work. We can't know what's going on with the inner workings.

I'd say just trust him to keep track of everything and be fair, using whatever mechanics he wants. By having only one person to decide things, it will be consistent and it will avoid disputes. Just accept the fact that he is God lol

EDIT: Gattletowne beat me to it. Map confirmed Nobody beat me to it, I just neglected to read the next page -_-

Last edited:
I think Gattle would keep track of that as well. I'm sure he has some secret sketch up of the city to keep track of our movements. The way it looks like he's wanting to play this, he will figure everything out on his end. This will make everything simple for us, we give him input, he responds with output. And frankly I think this is the only way an RP like this would actually work. We can't know what's going on with the inner workings.

I'd say just trust him to keep track of everything and be fair, using whatever mechanics he wants. By having only one person to decide things, it will be consistent and it will avoid disputes. Just accept the fact that he is God lol

EDIT: Gattletowne beat me to it. Map confirmed Nobody beat me to it, I just neglected to read the next page -_-

Good way to put that. And I'm not completely god here. If you guys didn't have any agency in this RP, it wouldn't be fun. I'm very open to creative suggestions, story arcs you want to be invested in, and general fleshing out of this world. Cobra did a bang up job on the map (I'll post it later tonight) and it's really solidified my idea of the City in a really cool way.

I want to make this an experience for you guys. I don't want you to sweat rolls or mechanics, let me deal with all that. I'm pretty new to PbP, but I have 20 years of 2e experience, and I was a DM most of the time, so I know how to run a campaign. And I LOVE telling stories, and I think I'm a pretty good writer. So I want to bring all that together into a cool collaborative writing tool. I think you guys are on board with that, and I have a sense that everyone participating is going to bring something cool to this concept that was literally born like a week ago. Let's make our dagger wielding baby grow, my friends.

So I've been thinking about what this RP is a bunch (especially now I'm home and high as fuck) and I was reading my last comment in response to @Incognus and about more or less being the god of the game or whatever. And he's almost hit it perfectly (not about the god thing). So this I think should sum up how I'm approaching this RP, and probably all of the one's I'll GM in the future, and how I want you to approach it.

This is a performance (I like to think in visual terms, so I think of it like a movie) and you, the writers, are the performers. I'm not a god, I'm just the Director. We set up scenes together (scenes you have input in developing) and you act them out in your character's voice. And make sure they look good, even as they're making the last mistake of their miserable lives. If you have to die, die in a cool and entertaining way. And you can ask for stuff. Give me a good pitch, a good justification of how it will benefit your performance, and I will say yes. But often times the Director has to say no. I have to look out for the overall piece, you know. Sometimes more isn't better. So I will be super involved in how the story progresses. But that doesn't mean you are super constrained. This world is vague, so let's populate it. Name the streets and come up with a little bits of lore (as long as it doesn't conflict with the larger canon) and cool details that will bring Murder City to life in our imaginations. @SedentaryCobra volunteered for map duty, and it looks awesome, and came up with some fantastic location ideas that we're going to use. So Pitch me ideas for world-building, for stories arcs you'd like to explore, and anything else that comes to mind. The more you can take ownership of the world, the more invested you'll be in it, and the better you will perform.

And remember that this is a work in progress. We're kind of building it and play testing it as we go along. So make suggestions on how we could improve the overall experience. Going to try and have IC up sometime tomorrow evening EST.

Last edited:
@ArQane @SedentaryCobra @Incognus @Morph
Bit of a change to your characters I'm putting out there. @_BB_ Has created a magician and I'm going to allow her character to remember his occupation. That's it. No people, no faces, no solid memories, just that the character was a sleight of hand performer. You can all do the same. You know what you did but zero context and no solid memories.

I'm about to start building the IC page, but my opener isn't done yet, so if you guys see it up, no posting until I give the green light

Back