Name Pending

Ostensor Dolor

The Bringer of Pain
EARTH - 2120

Since the dawn of man, the desire for conquest has always been around, this need to rule over others has always been met with conflict between multiple parties, the result always ending the same. Over the millennium the depth of conflicts has escalated time and again, once upon a time clubs and caves were the way it was, only to be replaced by swords and shields, axes, bows. The lists continues on and on, evil always manifesting itself again and again despite humanity's best efforts to stop it.

The year is 2120, earth has been without any strife or conflict for some years since the world joined together in an attempt to save the planet from near destruction, choosing to spend efforts on saving the planet instead of killing each other. This effort has bared many fruits and over time everything seemed to be right in the world...

Start - Plot

You are an elite soldier in the Earth coalition, tasked with enforcing the goals set by the Earth Protectorate, based on the Earth One a super carrier that circumnavigates the earth yearly. You are in the mess hall enjoying dinner after a long day of training, the sound of the World news is distinct in the background when you hear the sound that alerts it's followers to breaking news. You turn around and watch as the reporter explains about an unexplained phenomena occurring in the south eastern U.S., the reporter goes on to state that several bodies have been found dead with no viable reasoning to how they died. The reporter goes on to state that the local government officials refuse to comment any further, though the estimated death toll has reached in the lower hundreds. '

You think nothing of this and continue your meal, hoping that the system works and they catch the murdering bastard. Days pass without any further mentioning of the incident on the news, about a week later during dinner hours another breaking news announcement comes across the screen, this time the reporter is in England. The reporter says the same thing as the American reporter, stating about unexplained deaths being found, though this time a video is shown of a body, the body looks as if it were flash frozen within seconds, the iris' of their eyes faded to an ashy gray color, their lips chapped yet bloodless. The pictures changes to the reporter again, going on about the death toll around the low hundreds, the same as in the U.S.. After the news segment ends, you leave chow and continue your nightly routine.

The following day you find yourself and your duty squad summoned to the ready room, you can obviously guess at the nature of the mission before you.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Elite soldiers will start at 2nd lieutenant status. All STC rules apply... have fun.

I will await to add more until I have received more interest.

This RP is based along the lines of the bose-einstein condensate theory.

A Bose–Einstein condensate (BEC) is a state of matter of a dilute gas of bosons cooled to temperatures very close to absolute zero (that is, very near 0 K or −273.16 °C). Under such conditions, a large fraction of bosons occupy the lowest quantum state, at which point macroscopic quantum phenomena become apparent.

Is the science jargon important to this RP? It sounds interesting but honestly the science scares me juuuuust a bit.
The Sci-fi aspect is supposed to be a bit scary, but, I promise to not have it a "scary" themed RP. More of a thriller, heart pumping, oh crap did that just f-ing happen.

I'm a bit interested. I like the concept so far.
Glad to hear it, I will be updating this a bit more later today, this RP has a bit of techie stuff I need to make sure I get correct.

The Bose-Einstein condensate concept is what the enemy is made up of, they are on a spectral level, unable to be viewed by human sight. I'll add pictures and what not to help out and explain stuff.

Oh, I wasn't talking about the science being 'scary' in a literal sense haha, more like the technical aspect of the involvement of the science in this RP. I was a bit daunted as I'm not familiar with the scientific terms used here and I want to know how important scientific knowledge of the BEC is here because I'm very interested but I'm not very well-versed in science. Sorry for the confusion! ^^

Oh, I wasn't talking about the science being 'scary' in a literal sense haha, more like the technical aspect of the involvement of the science in this RP. I was a bit daunted as I'm not familiar with the scientific terms used here and I want to know how important scientific knowledge of the BEC is here because I'm very interested but I'm not very well-versed in science. Sorry for the confusion! ^^

*whispers in your ear* Neither do I, neither do I. :D

The science aspect will have little to do with the character you create, unless you make a character well versed in science. I will have the Science aspect be handled NPC wise. I am going to have help, hopefully, thought essentially it will involve mainly military aspects with futuristic state of the art advanced weaponry. i.e. plasmic discharge weapons.

*whispers in your ear* Neither do I, neither do I. :D

The science aspect will have little to do with the character you create, unless you make a character well versed in science. I will have the Science aspect be handled NPC wise. I am going to have help, hopefully, thought essentially it will involve mainly military aspects with futuristic state of the art advanced weaponry. i.e. plasmic discharge weapons.
Woah, you sure do know your sci-fi! Alright, gottit. I want in on this one, the premise sounds really interesting. I'll try to help if I can, but I know jack all about physics or whatever this branch of science is. Good luck!

Alright, so I have at least two people besides myself, I will begin working up a character template and will have it up sometime today hopefully.

Back