[OOC] Nomadium - General OOC Thread & Discussion

Sorry guys rl is a bit hectic at the moment I got called up last minute to play in this concert and have been in rehearsals all day every day. Should be active again at the end of the week :)

Hello, everyone. I'd like to become the anti mage of this game, if that's cool. Somebody who punishes magic usage, not somebody who denies people the ability to cast. He tries to keep the world in a natural state, and opposes magic due to how it twists it. He'd probably act the same towards monsters and abominations, as well. Would this be cool?

Hello, everyone. I'd like to become the anti mage of this game, if that's cool. Somebody who punishes magic usage, not somebody who denies people the ability to cast. He tries to keep the world in a natural state, and opposes magic due to how it twists it. He'd probably act the same towards monsters and abominations, as well. Would this be cool?
Actually, I did pitch an idea to Southpaw a while back that he seemed to like about people trained to deal with mages, acting to try and keep guilds in line and such.

That's cool. Hopefully he likes it, if he comes back on. I see him being the one unaccepted by both the common people, and the mages, due to being an anti-magic mage.

That's cool. Hopefully he likes it, if he comes back on. I see him being the one unaccepted by both the common people, and the mages, due to being an anti-magic mage.
Uh, the world is built on a fear of mages, at worst there would be a minority of normal people who dislike it.

I'm under the thought that anti-magic still equals magic. Isn't there a phobia that mages are contagious? I just thought that him displaying magic powers would scare the normies, and since his abilities also punish typical magic, other mages would despise him. Between a rock and a hard place, so to speak.

I'd like to make a different character, a mage that's completely color blind but can 'see' magic and cast simple spells. I like Shiori but I like having options. Is it okay with you @Southpaw ?

I'm under the thought that anti-magic still equals magic. Isn't there a phobia that mages are contagious? I just thought that him displaying magic powers would scare the normies, and since his abilities also punish typical magic, other mages would despise him. Between a rock and a hard place, so to speak.
Clarify what you mean by this. Are you saying that his powers are somehow related to harming other mages?

Clarify what you mean by this. Are you saying that his powers are somehow related to harming other mages?
He's an anti-mage. His powers are based on suppressing magical abilities and harming the source of said magic abilities.

He's an anti-mage. His powers are based on suppressing magical abilities and harming the source of said magic abilities.
Unfortunately, that's more or less considered impossible. If it was possible, it would be a power reserved for a very large villain in the story, which isn't something I'm confident giving to anyone at the moment.

Deepest apologies, but if you want a character that is not a Nomad or is anti-Nomad, they'll probably have to be a non-mage.

Back