Adenovirus 423 Pentagon: Courtyard

M

Meliodas

Description: Located in the heart of the Headquarters (Pentagon), this is a very secure and private location, and has become a bit of a hangout or safe haven for Thanatos Instinct. There is even a bit of moderate farming being done here.

Located Within: Pentagon: Headquarters

See the following posts for further details.

Last edited by a moderator:
"I don't want you to go back out scouting just yet..." Fiona told the man beside her.

"Fi, you know it's my job." Adem replied.

Fiona frowned. "You've hardly been here since Leon was born. He's three now, almost four. And we're getting closer to the time the virus activates. He keeps asking for you. He wants to know his father, not just see him for a few days here and there..."

Adem watched his son run around the courtyard. He was pretending to shoot the bad gangs. That's what most children learned to play these days - shoot the enemy. Soon Leon would have to start learning skills, and Adem would be the one to start teaching him, if he was around. Fiona was right, Leon needed his father.

"I can't just stop." He started before looking at Fiona. "But I can request notice to stay on grounds starting the summer, to start teaching Leon..."

Fiona nodded, not liking the answer but still realising it was better than him scouting for years to come. She was only seventeen. Adem was almost nineteen though. He had less time before the virus activated in him. He would most likely leave Fiona struggling with two young children while she fell sick. She hadn't told Adem yet that she thought she was pregnant. It wouldn't be confirmed until she had a word with the doctor, and even then it wouldn't be 100% until she felt the changes start to happen with her body. She wanted to be sure though, before she told her husband.

"I love you, Adem." She leaned up and kissed him.

"I love you too, Fi."

It was at that moment that Leon came and pushed inbetween his parents to 'hide' from the bad gang member chasing him, before running out the other side of their legs. Adem grabbed his son and lifted him up into his arms, hanging him upside down and letting his larger hands tickle his stomach where his tshirt had fallen. The boy screamed and laughed, choking out for his dad to stop.

Fiona laughed. Leon looked just like his father. Thick, dark brown, shaggy hair and chocolate brown eyes when he had Fiona's lighter skin and her facial shape and dimples. She loved her son with all her heart and hoped that Adem would stick to his word and put in his request to spend more time in Western territory. She was under no illusion of how dangerous his work could be.

Caius Septimius Leonius, as played by Meliodas

Caius weaved his way through the Pentagon, trying his best not to get lost as he cut through one corridor or another. At times, he almost forgot just how massive the place really was. Once he finally made it outside into the courtyard, he breathed in the fresh air with a sigh of relief. The courtyard was one of the safest places in the Pentagon, surrounded by walls on all five sides. It was in the heart of the Pentagon, with five rings separating him from the parking lot. Inside the courtyard, various species of trees were scattered about, along with other flora and some crops. You could even find a table or bench (or two) sitting around, along with other amenities. The courtyard was a quiet place, and was practically utilized as a small park that didn’t require anyone to travel far to go to.

As Caius approached Adem, he nodded in an attempt to acknowledge his wife Fiona. “Good morning. Do you mind if I borrow your lesser half?” He had some words for Adem, especially since he was one of only a few who knew what Adem was up to on his scouting missions.

Adem wanted his son to have a better life. Leon deserved a better life. It's why he went on so many scouting missions where he wasn't scouting for food or weapons or even anything else that most normally scouts did. No, he was specifically scouting for information on the Key. Not even Fiona did. She wouldn't approve of something so risky or dangerous.

"Hello, Caius." Fiona spoke. "Take him. Just make sure you're not asking him to go back out when's he's not long come home." She didn't mean to sound cold, or harsh, but she did.

Frowning, Adem sighed and kissed her cheek. "I'll be over to you and Leon in a minute." He advised before walking a few steps out of hearing range with Caius. "Sorry about her tone. She's angry with me. What do you need?" He looked at Caius briefly before glancing over to where Fiona was now lauding with his son. God, did he love them both. He would do anything for them.

If it wasn’t for the mask Caius wore over his face, you would think he would have smiled at Fiona, nodding as she stepped away in kind. Adem had been one of the most loyal scouts in the West, someone they all could rely on time and time again. Ulric trusted the man with much, and while he had his secrets, Adem was holding the biggest of them all. No one knew what Adem was really up to in No Man’s Land. They all thought he was doing nothing more than scouting outlying territory, but truth is, he was looking for any information he could find on the fabled Key. There was information to be found if you knew where to look.

Ulric didn’t have much time to entertain the thought himself being that he had an entire gang to lead, but if even the slightest possibly existed that there was a cure, it was worth taking the chance. Other than Ulric, only Caius knew of the arrangement, and he usually handled many of the arrangements himself. Because of this, Ulric knew very little about any progress, having made it clear that he only wanted to be informed when they’d found something tangible.

“I am hoping that you have been doing well since you got back. We would have come to you sooner, but considering what happened last time…” Not even a day back from a scouting mission and Caius made the mistake once of seeking out Adem, and from that point forward, he never did hear the end of it from Adem’s wife, Fiona. “Any success?” Caius didn’t waste much time in cutting to the chase.

Adem smiled and nodded to Caius and grinned at the mention of Fiona. She was just scared, and when she was scared she became passionate and argumentative. It made him grin even more, just at the thought he loved that about her. She had spirit. Leon had inherited that spunky spirit too. Fiona definitely had her hands full when he was away.

"I'm doing good. Fiona wants me here more though. She's not happy that I'm missing Leon growing up while we already have limited time with him." For the first time his smile faded a little, not quite reaching his dark eyes.

It didn't take Caius much time to get to the point of their conversation. That's what he liked about the man. He didn't mess around and got straight to the point, but he still made sure to see how he and the family were doing. Adem respected the man highly for that. He respected the West though as a whole, especially with the stories he had heard about the North and the South. And how bad the Underground apparently was. That scared him the most.

"I haven't got much. We came across a couple of cache locations. They had some supplies in but nothing medical. Jamieson has logged what we found in the inventory if anyone wants to check it out." He told Caius before lowering his voice again. "I have a lead though. I think. I've heard people talking in No Man's Land. I was tracking some rogues. They were talking about the Key. I know where they're staying and I noted the coordinates."

Adem glanced at Fiona and Leon and then back at Caius. "I'm going to go back out in a few days and follow that lead."

He held reservations about the caches; grave concerns over the game that was being played. At times Caius felt as if they were all pawns on a chess board, ready to be played. Someone was pulling strings and had a lot of pull, which really made him question their place in the world. Whispers of a cure, a Key… there were a lot of things that made Caius wonder. Finding a cure was important, although fruitless, but the caches on the other hand, which seemed to just fall from the sky from nowhere. Ulric seemed to share similar concerns, but there was almost a sense of fear regarding looking into the matter further.

“Sounds good, Adem.” Pausing, he began to choose his words carefully, trying his best not to come across as overly sentimental. “Just know you have our full support, Ulrics especially. He may not show it at times, but you have his gratitude for what you are doing. And mine. You are an important part of what we are trying to accomplish here. Don’t forget that.” His words rung true. They all knew Adem’s mission was vital, so every resource available in the West would be at his disposal. “Take care of your family, Adem. You’ll never know how lucky you are. Most don’t until it’s gone.” Nodding, Caius turned his back and begun to take his leave.

It was a surprise to here the praise from Caius. While he knew everything that was said was true, he was surprised that it was spoken. He didn't need it to be said, but was grateful to hear it. It was nice to know that he was actually appreciated. This was why he served the West. He fought for the right cause. They were loyal through and through. They would find this Key. He had to find the Key.

"Thanks Caius. That means a lot. Tell Ulric that I won't stop until I get information."

Once the conversation was finished and Caius left, Adem turned and went to his wife and son, joining in their fun. He forgot about his work, his job, his mission for the afternoon. After all, Caius was right. You never knew what you had until it was gone. He hadn't no idea when or if he'd be killed when out in No Man's Land. He had no plans to get killed, but still... you never knew.

Back