Quotes

"Nature does not hurry, yet everything is accomplished." Laozi

have this one in a memo, look at it every single morning

I am a word junky and nothing makes me quiver quite like a good quote.

What is your favorite quote? Mine tends to change often as I experience life.

My current favorite....

Empathy is really the opposite of spiritual meanness. It's the capacity to understand that every war is both won and loss and that someone else's pain is as meaningful as your own. Barabra Kingsolver
15622224_613639725503062_5573192508771473943_n.jpg

15541195_613640332169668_6217826423973576986_n.jpg

This is my favorite quote, i did art on it a while back- I don't know who first said it though... I have a lot of favorites however, another is my signature!

"I was never insane except upon occasions when my heart was touched." Edgar Allan Poe He is one of my favorite writers.

R.A. Salvatore has given me many stories through his books when I was going through tough times, and this was one of the few quotes in his first book(going in story order) that stuck with me. “There is no pain greater than this; not the cut of a jagged-edged dagger nor the fire of a dragon's breath. Nothing burns in your heart like the emptiness of losing something, someone, before you truly have learned of its value.” ― R.A. Salvatore, Homeland

Do not stand at my grave and cry;
I am not there. I did not die.

This is my favourite quote so far from a poem I once read.

“Must I at length the Sword of Justice draw?
Oh curst Effects of necessary Law!
How ill my Fear they by my Mercy scan,
Beware the Fury of a Patient Man.”

--John Dryden, "Absalom and Achitophel"

“There's no shame in dying for nothing. That's why most people die.”

"It takes a long time to realize how truly miserable you are and even longer to see it doesn’t have to be that way."

"Every day it gets a little easier. But you have to do it every day. That's the hard part. But it does get easier."

[All Bojack Horseman quotes. I like that show a bit too much.]

I'd like to add as well as almost any given panel from Pictures for Sad Children.

Last edited:
"We rode on the winds of the rising storm,
We ran to the sounds of the thunder.
We danced among the lightning bolts,
and tore the world asunder" - Robert Jordan, The Dragon Reborn

“I do not aim with my hand; he who aims with his hand has forgotten the face of his father.
I aim with my eye.

I do not shoot with my hand; he who shoots with his hand has forgotten the face of his father.
I shoot with my mind.

I do not kill with my gun; he who kills with his gun has forgotten the face of his father.
I kill with my heart.”

I am personally stuck between two quotes as being my favorite quotes.

Tao Te Ching ~ Lea Tzu said:
  • “Knowing others is wisdom;
    knowing the self is enlightenment.
    Mastering others requires force;
    mastering the self needs strength.”

• "Heaven and Earth are impartial; they see the ten-thousand things as they are. The wise are impartial; they see the people as they are."

Some of my favorite quotes (If you can call them that):
"Turn the pain into power."
"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity and I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• "The world makes much less sense than you think. The coherence comes mostly from the way your mind works." [ Daniel Kahneman ]
  • "A young girl would go into the wood as trustingly as Red Riding Hood to her granny's house, but this light admits no ambiguities and, here, she will be trapped in her own illusion, because everything in the woods is exactly as it seems." [ Angela Carter ]
And of course,
  • "Listen Up! Let's say you drink too much strawberry milk, and have to use the bathroom in the middle of the night. But it's cold outside your bed. You don't want to get up, but the urge to urinate is just too strong! You make up your mind to go! You run to the bathroom, stand in front of the toilet, and let loose! You think that all your life has led to this moment! But then you realize: it isn't the bathroom - you're still in bed! That feeling of lukewarm wetness spreads like wildfire! But you don't stop! You can't stop! That's what I'm talking about! That's the truth of strawberry milk!" [ Sakata Gintoki ]
  • "For a pregnant woman to give birth, she's gotta feel the pain of pulling a watermelon out of her nostril. For an artist to create a piece, he's gotta feel the pain of pulling entire galaxies out of his ass." [ Sakata Gintoki ]

Back