(( This is a MASSIVE, Epic-level RP that Tay wishes to start. It is similar to a changing/evolving companion system. This is a thread to find anyone interested. Also, feel free to make suggestions and constructive critiques. There is a BUNCH of information in this post. Please read most, if not all, of it as it will answer most questions [ Tay hopes ]. If strapped for time, please read up through the What is Being Asked section. Tay is re-posting this in order to see interest as no one responded to her earlier post.

In the future, Tay [ the creator ] will take ALL THE INFORMATION from EVERY Guardian / Eidolon-Makai group and write it into a novella format [[ almost done with Chapter Four if reading those is desired ]]. She will do this to maintain writing style, however credit will be given where credit is due. This will be a test of creative spirit and the wondrous imagination. Pictures are in the works. Thanks~ ))

History: Dr James D Kavortaine had found the first Box of Nothing within the Foundation Stones on the Plains of Darshurl, about two hours south of the metropolis Erishka City. He hypothesized they formed from a collapsing star as the neutrinos left the core. After testing, the Box of Nothing, nicknamed the Ku by Kavortaine, was figured to be of a carbon base and inside was most likely “water” and other essentials for life. It starts as a 7x7x7cm cube, though it grows with every additional object it absorbs. This box is unopenable.; not even the strongest of machines can pry it open. However, it has small, snake-like designs covering the surface. If looked at in the correct light, the box's designs seemed to slither about the box.
By almost complete accident, Kavortaine discovered that the Ku could absorb something he called an Essence; an abstract manifestation of a natural or unnatural phenomenon. The Essence could be tainted by death or purified by life, but in any case, the phenomenon becomes some sort of related object that the Ku can absorb. It is unknown how many Essences there are or how they are formed; Kavortaine is looking into it.

Sometimes the best discoveries are accidental and in place of another failure. That’s how Kavortaine discovered the Soul aspect that the Ku needed. His associate, Dr Charles London, had explained the three requirements for sentient life; The abilities to Think, Feel and Act. Kavortaine figured that the Essence was the Think, and so the Soul was to Feel. So then, how does one Act?

Later, after testing, Kavortaine recognized that the Ku needed something named a LifeGem that’s structural makeup added the rest of the needed minerals to the Ku for it to have all the components for sentient life. All that was left to do was wait. A lo and behold, one day the Ku broke apart, “hatching” what Kavortaine had dubbed an “Eidolon-Makai” as the species was new.

Eidolon-Makai
: “Phantom demons” that Kavortaine discovered and named, the Eidolon-Makai are composed of four parts, the Ku; which is the basis for all minerals and elements essential for the body, an Essence; which helps the Eidolon-Makai Think and provides the basic colors and feeding habits to the Eidolon-Makai’s form, the Soul; which assists the Eidolon-Makai in Feeling and accents the base colors provided by the Essence and determines the Eidolon-Makai’s clothing helps direct the alignment, and the LifeGem; which fosters the awareness and consciousness of the Eidolon-Makai with the Act aspect of sentient life. The LifeGem will appear on the Ku ( and subsequently the Eidolon-Makai ) in a crest, forming the powers of the Eidolon-Makai, with the other two aspects.

For now, three stages past the hatching of the Ku into the Eidolon-Makai are theorized. Much like how a “humanoid” grows, the Ku would progress through the child, teen and adult years. However, there could be more or less as all life is subject to change.

An Attributes Scale ( with ∆ of Health with Physical, Mental and Social and ∆ of Person with Body, Mind and Soul ) has been created to help with Guardian creation:

Attributes%20Scale_zpssomfcehw.jpg

Definitions
: Strength: strength, constitution, dexterity Control: To exercise restraint or direction over Aura: suggestion, a subtly pervasive quality or atmosphere from a person Determination: resolution - decision making skills Wits: wisdom, intelligence Energy: initiative - introductory act or step Presence: appearance - charisma Composure: balance - self-controlled state of mind Empathy: compassion - being able to understand other's emotions.

Stars range between 0 and 6. A starting Guardian has 1 three point, 2 two points and 3 one points to spend into any six categories. 0 stars means little to no experience in the area; 6 means the Guardian is a master in that area. Everything in between is up to interpretation.

What is Being Asked: Kavortaine needs Guardians that are willing to help him with his studies of the Eidolon-Makai. That is to say; find a compatible Essence / Soul / LifeGem combination, take care of the components and the later Eidolon-Makai and report back to the Labs while at Events or an Appointment. The journey is there; it is up to the Guardian to make it happen.

Advancing / Growing: For an Eidolon-Makai to grow from stage to stage, a certain amount of character development must be applied. To help, Kavortaine and Kailey have found and will continue to find interesting items and artifacts that could inspire development for both the Eidolon-Makai and the Guardian. Points are awarded for storytelling [both in SOLOs and Private Storytelling Sessions (PRPs)], attending Events and using the Cupboard’s artifacts and items. Once a Guardian / Eidolon-Makai pair has reached a set number of points and an entry involving the new additions and/or subtractions, the Eidolon-Makai will Grow. The Guardian also has room to Advance, using a similar path. The points do NOT stack; meaning that once an Eidolon-Makai Grows, the number of points resets and the Guardian / Eidolon-Makai must start at zero and work up to a set number for the next stage.

Our World of Arthe’hron
: Arthe’hron is a planet within the Polymus String System that resembles the planet Earth in the Milky Way. So, it has many vast oceans and quite a few land masses. This planet is home to two of the several descendents of the humans from Earth -- the Daeva and the Neo. Though humans branched off into other worlds and galaxies when their own world was in trouble, they also evolved as they went. Arthe’hron is not only home to the advanced humans, but also to other races from other planets. Many other beings have ventured to this watery planet and made it their home. Thus, aliens are not a unique existence on this planet.

Arthe’hron has a unified body to watch over the international affairs called the Monarchie, that works like a council of elected representatives, but each land mass, and subsequent country, has their own way of governing their people. The technology that is used is highly advanced and, depending on the science, controversial in the interplanetary councils. Main cities and metropli include: Erishka City, Aberdeen, Chorishcamei, Ellemui and Aidall; all of which are built on towering plateaus or lofty mountains. The world has breathable air on higher ground, thus many life forms migrate to where they can breathe. Not to say that the air at sea level isn’t breathable. People just venture to sea level to alleviate sickness and feel better.

Interplanetary travel is possible, but the masses believe that it is extremely expensive (which it is, sort of), limited to people of high power, diplomats and special cases (which is not entirely true).

This planet has standard gravity.

Some “natural” places of interest include:

*The Spine with the Crags of Rothvar,
*the Ambrush Range with the Mar’tinel Gap,
*Plains of Darshurl with the Foundation Stones ( upright, giant stones in a perfect star pattern ),
*a beautiful waterfall called The Mouth of Time,
*the sustained underground cities Hoenqua & Sabreille,
*the Parallel of God which is a full, ancient statue that stands in the middle of the ocean floor; a relic of the original people,
*Sandverness, a lakeside with gorgeous sunrises and its twin Sunverness, a “floating” beach with beautiful sunsets,
*the Tucked Flower and Blacklore Forests,
* and spirits are said to haunt the Woods of Agmar.

The original people of this planet apparently abandoned it for a better life. No one is sure why, but the remains of their cultures are found in deep caves and under the oceans, in ruins.

Though a second counts as a standard second on Earth, time is kept differently on Arthe’hron. The calendar year, also called the keijin, exists with 541 yeohae, spread over 9 khile of 39 yeohae and 5 khile with 38 yeohae with 7 yeohae in a shukai. A yeohae consists of 15 niulmir; and niulmir is 45 aita and an aita is 150 htal.
Months on Arthe’hron: 14
  1. Limpron: 39 --tagonan
  2. Venaria: 39 --tagonan
  3. Teldory: 38 --tagonan
  4. Avnille: 39 --tagonan
  5. Pollupita: 39 --murichi
  6. Jupitare: 38 --murichi
  7. Luminan: 39 --murichi
  8. Joonlee: 38 --pakalgen
  9. Ilina: 39 --pakalgen
  10. Npheria: 39 --pakalgen
  11. Valinshe: 38 --pakalgen
  12. Rolandin: 39 --nusein
  13. Callin: 39 --nusein
  14. Aurrias: 38 --nusein
Spring = tagonan
Summer = murichi
Autumn = pakalgen
Winter = nusein

GSE
: The Guild of Stellar Exploration, or the GSE for short, was a large group of systems -- and subsequent planets -- that agreed to a proclamation to keep the peace between the systems. A Guardian, if able and applicable, can travel anywhere in the GSE.

Time in the GSE: Within the proclamation was a universal way of telling time.
Time Equivalates to:
Htal = second
Aita = minute
Niulmir = hour
Yeohae = day
Shukai = week
Khile = month
Keijin = year

Though every system and planet has a different way of telling time, the universally recognized way of naming time is by the GSE regulations. When the sun is up, it is called a “day,” but when referring to the whole cycle of the sun, it’s called a yeohae. The beginning of a day is still morning; late morning is after 5 niulmir. After 8 niulmir, it is considered high noon. Evening begins after 12 niulmir to the next cycle. There is a concept of ‘night,’ but it is not a time of day.

Last edited:
This sounds interesting. It's much more complex than what I'm used to, and I'm wondering exactly what it would involve. I would be RPing as a Guardian, creating and taking care of one of these Eidolon-Makai? I like the idea, I think (reminds me a bit of pokemon ;)). That said, I'm pretty inexperienced, and know little about SOLOs, Private Storytelling Sessions (PRPs),Events, and whatever the Cupboard is, but would be more than willing to learn.

As for suggestion/criticism, is there a purpose for renaming the standard earth time units and seasons, apart from being scifi? The months at least have a different number of days, but the others seem to have little use apart from adding needless complexity.

This sounds interesting. It's much more complex than what I'm used to, and I'm wondering exactly what it would involve. I would be RPing as a Guardian, creating and taking care of one of these Eidolon-Makai? I like the idea, I think (reminds me a bit of pokemon ;)). That said, I'm pretty inexperienced, and know little about SOLOs, Private Storytelling Sessions (PRPs),Events, and whatever the Cupboard is, but would be more than willing to learn.

As for suggestion/criticism, is there a purpose for renaming the standard earth time units and seasons, apart from being scifi? The months at least have a different number of days, but the others seem to have little use apart from adding needless complexity.

Thank you for the catch. I was planning on using the different time telling system as a way of setting it apart from Earth and Earthling ideas. I figured since it this story would be taking place in a completely different galaxy, I should change up the way time was told; but that's why the GSE has a "standard way of telling time" for each planet in the agreement. I shall change that.
However, with the time changes comes an interesting predicament. Holidays. But, NEVER FEAR! Tay I working on it!

As for your interest, thank you. You would be RPing as a Guardian, taking care of the Eidolon-Makai. (( I like to think of Digimon... but Pokemon also works ;] )). SOLO, PRP, EVENTS are just terms used to signify what kind of RP is taking place. SOLO just means that there is ONE "significant" person having a meaningful or insightful moment(s). PRP just means Private Role Play (( also Private Storytelling Sessions )) and that you AND someone else (( probably another Guardian )) are having an interaction. Not to say that a SOLO doesn't have interactions. A SOLO is you RPing with your Guardian or Eidolon-Makai whereas a PRP is a RP with another user.
Events are little occurrences that the Lab or someone else can throw (( like a birthday party, or a holiday party )) in order for Guardians and Eidolon-Makai to gather experience as well as getting to know other users and their Guardian/Eidolon-Makai.
The Cupboard is a term used for the items that Kavortaine finds that can inspire users into action. Think a shop for trinkets in game.
Any other questions, ask~ PLEASE!
Thanks~

Heh, I've got nothing against alternate timekeeping, but I'd say either go whole-hog or not at all; if it must be different form earth, don't keep the 24-hour clock, so dependant on earth's patterns. That said, if there's no other reason than to be different, and it takes away from people's ability to engage with the world, it might be a net loss for the story. Just my opinion, weigh it as you will.

As for the rest, yeah, digimon sprang to mind soon after my post (loved that show). Count me interested; if this takes off I'm game!

Heh, I've got nothing against alternate timekeeping, but I'd say either go whole-hog or not at all; if it must be different form earth, don't keep the 24-hour clock, so dependant on earth's patterns. That said, if there's no other reason than to be different, and it takes away from people's ability to engage with the world, it might be a net loss for the story. Just my opinion, weigh it as you will.

As for the rest, yeah, digimon sprang to mind soon after my post (loved that show). Count me interested; if this takes off I'm game!

I believe I changed the wording in that part; though I could be horribly wrong. Please verify that change took place... It should be before the "Months on Arthe'hron."
Thanks for the interest, again! Welcome aboard. If you wish to talk Essences, I'm more than happy to chat. It's one of the best ways to start. Also, Guardian building. Let's start Building!

Ill like to do it

Great~ Welcome aboard.
If you wish to talk Essences, I'm more than happy to chat. It's one of the best ways to start. Also, Guardian building. Let's start Building!

Back