So I'm new here...

6purplecats

ahah, hi there. My name is Roxy and I'm new to this site... as everyone is, I suppose, because this site isn't that old yet xD
I've been RP-ing with friends through chat programs like skype a lot, but this is my first time actually joining a site like this. It's all pretty overwhelming, haha! I'll do my best to get the hang of it, though. I'm a fast learner!

To me writing is a passion, I think... As soon as I get the chance I tend to fall into my imagination, trying to fill plot holes in my stories, working our characters, etc. etc.
RP-ing is just a great way to really practice writing and to get the feel of a character and a setting... Not to mention it's fun and allows you to learn from other people and make friends! So yeah, that's why I ended up joining this site~

As for RPs.. I'd say I'm pretty much up for anything, but I have to say my favourite genres are fantasy, sci-fi and the supernatural. Every now and then though, I get a craving for romance as well!

I hear ya, purplecats! That's a fun username. Welcome to the circle!

We're definitely overwhelming, but I hope we're like hugs that go on too long overwhelming vs. sharks in the water overwhelming. What sort of supernatural stuff do you look for in an RP?

"hugs that go on too long" overwhelming is actually a perfect description!! Very well said, hehe!
Hmmm, supernatural stuff... I really like all kinds of magic! Spells, Potions, magical creatures... It sounds like I'm describing Harry Potter... and I mean I'd be lying if I said I didn't love Harry Potter xD But I love any variety of magic, really!

That's great! We actually have a few of those floating around, despite how new the site is. If you'd like, I can give you a blurb on the stuff available - but it's totally cool if you wanna poke around and figure stuff out for yourself. :)

Okay, here's a copy-paste from another Intro thread!

It can be pretty intimidating, I know, but we'll have you sorted out in a jiff.

So, first thing: We have three epic roleplays found here. Those are multi-location and can support a bunch of different groups of players all roleplaying under one large story arc.

The biggest one right now is Chronicles of the Omniverse, which is a huge scale roleplay that differs locationally. Like in one city you might have a hard-bitten noir detective story, and on another planet you might have high fantasy wizards having awesome laser beam battles. It has several wardens who can further direct you where you want to play, and it's far and away the easiest to get RP on - you basically just make a character, check that you conform with the location's setting, and post like mad.

Equinox is a story about several areas all battling for supremacy during the impending death of a high king. It's very low fantasy, lots of supterfuge and drama. Knosis is the head lady of the whole shebang, but there are also several other GMs who can get you started.

The Last Bastion is science fiction set in the distant future, and is currently accepting new character submissions to get started! You could have the chance to get in on the ground floor of what looks to be a super promising RP.

If none of these are to your tastes, though, and you're looking at just doing ol' fashioned play-by-post RP, we have this handy board. It features roleplays that are currently searching for members before moving on to the actual character creation stage. It also has a great forum where you post your interests and a staff member tries to match you up with an open RP.

Also, I have to plug this RP - it's run by a super awesome dude and is currently accepting new people. ;)

Thank you so much!!! Oooohhh, I understand why you'd wanna plug Line of Sight it sounds amazing!! I might try joining that one, thank you!!

Back