The Cataclysm Tournament of 2017 [OOC]

Tiko

Draconic Administrator/Mentor
Administrator
Mentor
Nexus GM
The Cataclysm Tournament

As the first installation of what will hopefully be many tournaments to come, I would like to extend an open invitation to players of all skill levels to join us in The Cataclysm.

This tournament will be a mid-tier double elimination event based around Storyteller's Circle's revised edition of the T1 Eden Era rules. These rules are available here.

Match winners will be determined by KO. In the event that neither combatant is KOed before the allotted match time, then the matches will be judged on a mixed criteria of damage, tactics, roleplay, and grammar.

The weight of these criteria is as follows:

Damage x 2 (Maximum of 20 points)
Tactics x 1 (Maximum of 10 points)
Roleplay x 1 (Maximum of 10 points)
Grammar x .5 (Maximum of 5 points)

Combatants should not exceed the mid-tier bar for this tournament. To give a rough guideline of what this entails, non-prepped abilities are capable of duplicating the power levels necessary to total small vehicles or physically toss them. At its highest limitation magic and metahuman abilities are capable of duplicating the power levels of natural disasters such as earthquakes or meteor impacts, but it is expected that reaching such feats would require several rounds of preps, and are the fullest extent of one’s limitations. Advanced technology on par with these levels of magic and metahuman abilities also falls under mid-tier limitations.

Character sheets of combatants should be posted into this thread for review. You may also PM your character sheet to myself for review/acceptance if you would like to maintain the secrecy of your character selection until after submissions are closed. There is no set requirement for character sheets but be mindful that during a match your character sheet will serve as a reference sheet for judges. You may not use abilities that are not outlined in your character sheet.

The matches will take place within a grand colosseum aptly named The Cataclysm which will be surrounded by a ring of stadiums that overlook the sands below. This is no ordinary colosseum though. Once the combatants enter the arena they will be synced into a virtual world that will be their playing field. This virtual world, and the ensuing battle, will be projected across the arena for the enjoyment of those within the stadiums. Damage accrued within the virtual world will be inflicted upon the physical body - albeit at a subdued level. The arena is designed to disengage a combatant before the point of death in the event of a KO.

At the completion of a match, either myself or a designated judge will assess the damages accumulated over the course of the match and provide a PM to both combatants outlining the extent of the damages that will remain after disengaging from the virtual environment. An example would be that if a combatant sustained a shattered knee during his or her match, the converted damage after disengaging from the virtual world would result in a lingering limp that would carry into their next match via a sprained knee. This tournament is as much about stamina and strategy as it is raw combat prowess.

Each combatant will be permitted the use of a rejuvenation chamber to restore them to full health only twice during the duration of the tournament. Choose when to use them wisely. Note: The number of usages is subject to change depending on how large or small of a turnout we get.

Match Rules Summary:
  • Match Lengths: 2 weeks
  • Post Window: 48 hours
  • Failure on the part of a combatant to post within the allotted time frame will result in their opponent being permitted to post a second time to resolve all pending attacks into successes as well as make a new round of actions. One extension per match may be requested for real life emergencies. I reserve the right to refuse an extension if I notice a pattern of extensions every single match. An extension must be requested in this thread before the 48 hour period is up, or before their opponent posts a second time if the 48 hour period has passed. If it's a personal matter, post the request here and PM me the details privately. If a request for an extension has been posted, an opponent may not post until the extension has been granted or rejected.
  • Match Winners will be determined by KO.
  • Matches without a clear winner will be judged on the following criteria: Damage, Tactics, Roleplay, and Grammar.
  • Damage is accumulative between matches.
  • Limit of 2 full regenerations to be used between matches.

Last edited:
I guess I shall be the first to post my submission in the open. Ladies and gentlemen, I present for your entertainment, Rhyker the Hearstseeker.

Name: Rhyker "Heartseeker" Blutgaize
Height: 6'1"
Weight: 151lbs
Hair: 2", Black
Appearance (Physical): Pale skinned, lean, wiry build. Lacks left hand. Scarred arms.
Appearance (Clothing: Tunic and pants, usually darker color. Tattered black cloak.
anima__death_glacial_by_wen_m-d4e81aj.jpg
Armor: Chain shirt and pants. Scattered plate armor supplements this in the form of thigh high greaves, a shoulder pauldron on the left shoulder, and half plate banded armor on his right arm. The material of all is blackened mithral. Minor strengthening enchantments and deflection enchantments to increase defensive ability. Major agility enchantments in greaves.

Weapons:
Mantis, a sentient, symbiotic bow grafted in place of his left hand. This bow has the ability to lengthen or shorten it's arms at mental commands of the user, adjusting it's string length to match, as well as the ability to adjust the precise draw of the bow to increase or decrease power of its shots as needed. It has the ability to produce ten arrows from itself per day. It's final ability is the capacity to attach a filament to projectiles fired through it, allowing the user to guide the path of the arrow in midflight. It's arms are also bladed and the meeting point contains a hidden jaw equipped with a highly debilitating neurotoxin. This toxic bite is usable thrice per day, and can paralyze an elephant within seconds.
It is synchronized with two magical quivers, each enchanted to replicate the arrows contained within into an unlimited supply. One quiver holds 28" shafts with barbed tips. The other holds 40" shafts with broadheads.
Notes:
Bow Form Alteration - Longbow to Shortbow: 0 Rounds needed.
Bow Form Alteration - Shortbow to Longbow: 1 Round needed.
Bow Form Alteration - Longbow or Shortbow to Greatbow: 1 Round needed.
Draw Adjustment: 0 Rounds needed.
Ammunition Production: 1 Round needed.
Filament Attachment: 0 Rounds needed

The Tomb Glove is an artifact that can capture and contain magical energies and souls, allowing the user to channel energy from the glove into an item or release it to amplify a physical blow. This is measured in "charges" of which require incremental additions to avoid overloading the object containing the energies released into it. Presently, the soul of a warmage is contained within, allowing an infinite amount of charges of elemental energies, though captured energies (as though from a spell or power), provide limited amounts of charge.
Notes:
"Draw and Fire" (0 Rounds needed)
Fire - AoE - Explosive fireball on impact. 3' diameter, comparable to a grenade detonation.
Electricity - Direct - Moderate electrical charge. Comparable to a 2 second taser burst.
Water - Direct - High pressure jet of water on impact. Unfocused, comparable to a high speed baseball cannon.
Ice - Direct - Frozen spear encases in flight. 4' length, 1" diameter.
Wind - AoE - Moderate vortex in flight. 70mph gust, 5' diameter of vortex.
Earth - AoE - Earth shaker. Targeted point on ground shakes with localize Richter 5.0 within 2.5' of impact in circle.
1 Round Charge
Fire - AoE - Explosion on impact. 10' diameter, comparable to a demolition charge detonation.
Electricity - Direct - Major electrical charge. Comparable to the power on an electrical line charge.
Water - Direct - High pressure jet of water on impact. Unfocused, comparable to a low velocity ship cannon.
Ice - Direct - Frozen spear encases in flight. 6' length 3" diameter. Barbed.
Wind - AoE - Strong vortex in flight. 90mph gust, 10' diameter of vortex.
Earth - AoE - Earth shaker. Targeted point on ground shakes with localize Richter 6.0 within 5' of impact in circle.
2 Round Charge
Fire - AoE - Powerful explosion on impact. 15' diameter, comparable to a military plastic explosive detonation. Lingering.
Electricity - Direct - Powerful electrical charge. Comparable to a lightning strike. Lingering.
Water - Direct - High pressure jet of water on impact. Focused, comparable to a high pressure fire hose.
Ice - Direct - Frozen lance encases in flight. 10' length, 5" diameter. Barbed and bladed.
Wind - AoE - Powerful vortex in flight. 105mph gust, 15' diameter of vortex.
Earth - AoE - Earth shaker. Targeted point on ground shakes with localize Richter 7.5 within 10' of impact in circle.
3 Round Charge
Fire - AoE - Tremendous explosion on impact. 30' diameter, comparable to a fuel-air bomb detonation. Lingering.
Electricity - Direct - Deadly electrical charge. Comparable to a multiple lightning strikes. Lingering.
Water - Direct - High pressure jet of water on impact. Focused, comparable to a water cutting jet.
Ice - Direct - Frozen ballista bolt encases in flight. 20' length, 8" diameter. Barbed, bladed, and secondary spear generating along length, up to 7.5' long.
Wind - AoE - Tornado vortex in flight. 150mph gust, 25' diameter of vortex.
Earth - AoE - Earth shaker. Targeted point on ground shakes with localize Richter 10.0 within 20' of impact in circle.
Greater levels of charge can result in even more increased effects.

Mithral Long-Knife
, sheathed on right outer thigh.

Special Powers:
Bloodkin - Greater Hawk: The result of a dark ritual binding attributes of an animal to the human form. The attributes of the Hawk increase visual acuity and range to superhuman levels, enhance agility and speed to far beyond human capabilities. Flight is converted into the ability to leap beyond human bounds. There are two variations of this ritual, lesser, in which only a weakening of the totem animal occurs, and the blessing is lesser. The greater variation taints the energies towards chaos and evil, but bestows greater blessings at the cost of the sacrifice of the totem animal and assimilation of its life energies.
Notes:
Rhyker can straight standing leap up to 30' vertically, and run at speeds up to 40mph. Running vertical leaps approach 50' in height. Superhuman agility and visual capabilities. Above human endurance and constitution.

Skills:
Master Bowman
Master Marksman
Expert Trick Shot Skill
Expert Battlefield Mobility Skills
Skilled Knife Fighter

Home Universe: Multiverse/Omniverse
Bio:
Rhyker "Heartseeker" is a man who's pursuit of power goes above and beyond the ethical. First he paid a black sorcerer to perform a forbidden ritual, the Blood Twin. Using a hawk as his twin, he gained new power while twisting the creature into a thing of pain and suffering, going so far as to endure that pain in the ultimate culmination of sacrifice and drinking the tainted blood.

But that was not enough. Ever hungry, he set off in search of a kindred weapon, and when he found it, paid yet another horrific cost. The sacrifice of his left hand allowed the living bow of the Mantis to join with his flesh, and who won the ensuring dominance war was never quite clear. It simply made the man...darker.

And yet he was still unsatisfied with the swiftness and keen senses of the hawk, the power and ability of his bow and its twinned, never ending quivers. No, the Heartseeker decided to find the mage who gave him his power in the first place, murdered him, and stole his power in yet another artifact, the Gravekeeper's Gauntlet.
Is this killer, heretic, and sadistic creature yet done in his foul quest?

Of course not.

We need several more contestants for this if we're going to be able to start it up! Aiming to launch it in January if we can garner enough interest!

Name: Freya Yates

Appearance:
Dark-Souls-%D1%84%D1%8D%D0%BD%D0%B4%D0%BE%D0%BC%D1%8B-%D0%BF%D1%80%D0%BE%D0%B4%D0%BE%D0%BB%D0%B6%D0%B5%D0%BD%D0%B8%D0%B5-%D0%B2-%D0%BA%D0%BE%D0%BC%D0%BC%D0%B5%D0%BD%D1%82%D0%B0%D1%85-Domhnall-of-Zena-1025079.jpeg

anime-girl-braids-2.jpg

"I'm usually addorned With oddities. To many, my pants, boots, and gauntlets look normal enough, but I wear strange armor and an even stranger helmet. My armor is covered in various trinkets I had collected over the years. These trinkets range from antique medals to various scales from previous monster attacks. The only other thing on it is a sheath to carry my knife. Even I would say that my helmet is the strangest item in my possession. It is a unique horned helmet with a marking at the eyes that resembles glasses. There are two slits on this marking that allows me to see. It also has a single slit near the mouth for me to breath and speak easily. It is not uncommon for people to mistake me for a unique monster when they see me. It's also not uncommon for them to mistake me for a man when I wear my armor! It's quite entertaining to see people's faces when they hear my voice. When traveling, I carry a large blue cloth, which acts as a bag to carry a seperate, rare set of armor and a greatsword."

Powers/Skills: Freya is skilled in the use of Puppet Magic. That is to say, she can control something to do her bidding from a distance. She uses this magic to control a decorated set of Heavy Armor, using it to fight alongside her. Her puppeteering skills are impressive, as it allows her to manipulate the armor to move fast and fluid movements. Not only that, but she can have the armor and sword split into its individual pieces in order to trap, trick, or otherwise change up the fighting style in order to go at things from a different angle. Even without the help of her puppet, she's still a competent fighter on her own. Years of hauling a set of armor heavier than herself (along with its greatsword) around on the road while it's not in use has given her the kind of strength one would not expect from a woman with her fairness. She is not quite skilled in using a knife, but she is strong enough to push most normal opponents away, or brawl with them.

The only problem with her fighting on her own is that it takes away from her Puppet magic, making the movements of the armor sloppier, and the force behind its hits weaker. At the same time, if she puts more focus into controlling her puppet, its strength and abilities will increase. If all her focus goes into controlling the puppet, its strength would become so great that a swing of its sword can force the winds to carry the strength of the attack towards its opponent. At the cost of leaving Freya herself vulnerable, of course.

Weapons: a small knife, and technically a greatsword that her puppet uses.

Personality: "Hmm...I would say that I have a generally upbeat attitude towards others. The only moment I show annoyance is when others touch my puppet. I have a love of odd items, often attempting to collect those items if no one else claims them, or if they are of no particular use to anyone. My eyes have grown accustom to viewing the smaller details, which helps me see silver tongues and whatnot. When it comes to fighting, I tend to act according to what I think would get me to walk away alive, rather than what I can do to defeat my opponent. That is, only if I don't think I can prevail. I only resort to survival actions when I'm in a pinch. That isn't to say that I would be cowardly enough to strike deals with intelligent enemies in order to save myself. One trait of mine that I expect people to dislike is the fact that I will loot a body if it has something that interests me. The one thing that will enrage me is when a person touches my little sister's doll. It would take a considerable amount of time for me to get over it. I wouldn't go so far as to let others die or anything."

History: As a child, Freya had always admired travelers. She loved the different types of clothing they wore, she liked the stories that some of them would tell the her and the other children, and she especially loved the foreign items that they brought with them. She would gaze at them in awe as their foreign beauty amazed her. She would dream of travelling, and seeing all those foreign objects up close. Of course, her interest in collecting oddities did not entirely stem from this. It was also a result from her younger sister's interest in foreign items. They would often attempt to create their own strange items, similar to the ones travelers show to them. Out of all their attempts, however, only one item they crafted gave them the same interest they had toward the real items. It was a doll, one unlike anything they thought they could make.
This doll was the only toy they kept as they grew.

Freya eventually became a traveller, though not because she wanted to. Her sister had fallen ill with a disease that no one in her region knew how to cure. Freya thought that she could find a foreign cure for her. Along her travels, she collected various trinkets that she thought her sister would like. As she traversed the other regions, she would eventually find herself in a ruin. She had heard from a doctor that there was an herb that could help her sister heal. She not only found the herb, but also found her current armor and helmet.

With what she found, Freya hurried to return to her sister. When she did return, she found her gone from her bed. At first she thought she was dead, but others informed her that a Travelling doctor had arrived and fell in love with her. He helped her back to health using the same type of herb that Freya had found. Freya was glad to find that her sister had joined the doctor on his travels.

Leaving the oddities and trinkets she had collected back in their room, Freya set on her path again to travel. This time with the full intent on finding interesting objects. This journey would teach her the basics of puppet magic. Learned how to do this in response to finding a rare set of armor and a greatsword that was like nothing she had ever seen. She knew how to shrink and increase the size of the armor, but wanted to keep its original size, so she would wrap it in a blue cloth she bought, and physically carry it's full weight. This slowed her travels down, but when she used it, it did not disappoint.

Miscellaneous: Freya carries her sister's doll hidden on her person. He will do absolutely anything to prevent it from being damaged.

lnbOZat.jpg

Sarika
Sex: Female
Height: 5'7"
Weight: 125 lbs

Appearance
Sarika is a lithe individual with the build of a dancer: powerful leg muscles for the swiftness and ease of movement and a limber upper adept at using a one handed sword. Though her hair is typically long enough to fall down to mid back, it's pulled up and around her head in a tight braid.

Armor
Head: Tiara (Enchantment: Luck - slight chance that strikes will miss its target)
Right Arm: Pauldron and greaves
Left Arm: Greaves
Chest: Plate cuirass
Legs: Plate cuisse
Feet: Leather boots, slightly raised heel

Weapons
Thistle - A long, thin sword not unlike an epee, but with a thin slicing edge that tapers at the end. Its blade is about three feet long, and the very tip has a thin, almost indiscernible cleft. This cleft releases toxins when it comes into contact with a target, causing a small area to become paralyzed. The more stabs and cuts made with the end of the blade, the worse the effect gets.

The toxins are loaded inside the hilt with a small cartridge. One cartridge is often more than enough for a match.

Abilities
Though human, Sarika possesses afew abilities inherited from traces of fae in her family bloodline. Her main ability allows her to dash in any direction for just a few feet without touching the ground, propelled by a short gust of wind.

Armor
Covered from head to toe in stout metal armor from an unknown alloy. Within that outer shell, varying layers of ceramics, insulation and padding. The heavy shield she bears is even stronger, deflecting all but the greatest blows with ease. On her back is a fur mantle, though its defensive value is largely irrelevant.

Weapons
A razor-sharp sword of unusual make.

The shield itself can easily be used to bludgeon and crush those unfortunate enough to be in melee combat.

Abilities
Tyra, like other Hoplites, can materialize weapons and barriers with an exotic material outsiders might compare to 'hard light', as well as briefly create projected allies to fight alongside her. The amount she creates and the complexity of their purpose make them take longer to generate.

What was once purely flesh and blood is now rife with augmentations and replacements, rendering Tyra only barely living in a conventional sense. Poisons, drowning, suffocation, and similar other hazards to living things are markedly less effective.

One dubious other 'ability' is simply the strange lack of knowledge surrounding the Ascending, Tyra Kell being no exception. What few records of them often describe them as angels or other godly agents, and even some of the most advanced civilizations to lay eyes upon them regard their methods as "nothing short of mysticism and divine intervention."

Last edited:
Okay, @Lobos, @Script, and @Otomos the Crazy : Your character sheets have been accepted.

@Sentry, and @glmstr: Please make sure to include some sense of the character beyond just the abilities. In the event that a match needs to be judged, one of the criteria is roleplay. If your character sheets don't have any basis of who the character is, there's nothing to judge roleplay consistency against. Once you get that done, I can get your sheets accepted.

@Arx11 : Your sheet still needs a lot of work. The abilities are a minimalist list and need fleshing out and explanation. The spirit of the tournament is developed characters to immerse into a tournament setting. Make sure you flesh out who the character is, and make sure their abilities make sense for the character. Also make sure to outline limitations. Teleportation for example: Can he only do it once every few rounds? Is there a range limitation on it? Just 'teleports' isn't enough information for me to make a call on if the ability is balanced properly to be fair. I would also encourage you to delve more into the biography to give a stronger sense of why they are the way they are, and a bit about them as a person. The more details you include the easier it is for the judges to determine if you're staying IC. Once you get your sheet resubmitted I'll review it again.

@Arx11: Forgot to include this in your writeup. 'dies with 1 hit' isn't an appropriately balanced consequence. Hits are varying in nature from a small knick on the arm, to a bone crushing blow to the sternum, to a sword through the skull. Each hit is going to have varying levels of harm. You can note that he's physically frail and can't take a lot of damage, but just blanket '1 hit' isn't a measurable limit.

@glmstr apologies didn't catch that the name was a link to further information. Your sheet is approved.

669c0019b8ff73a7c1a0a3a0985a6c13.jpg

Name: Aman Atmore-Braadiche.
Species: Human-Dragon Descendant.

Appearance

Aman stands at a height of about 5”5 and weighs around 122 pounds, being pretty average for her age and gender. Along the side of her left cheek are 4 thin scars, appearing to be the results of claws scraping across her face. Her eyes are a light violet hue, with darker accents and flecks inside the iris. For the most part her body is slim and fit, something like a track runner's yet with an overall petite-ness. The color of her hair is a deep black, silky in texture and only slightly wavy at the ends. When loose it tends to reach her shoulders, with the bangs parted off to the side and strands of hair falling in her face. She cut it so that it wouldn't get in her way as much when moving around.

Armor
Although she isn't one for a lot of armor, she does have a very particular silver and black set crafted out of the scales of a killed dragon from her homeland. Looks almost identical to the picture below. She will be wearing this for the entire tournament. Mostly it consists of:​
  • A face guard made out of the aforementioned scales, covering the entirety of her nose and jaw.​
  • A pauldron on her left shoulder, much pointier and more pronounced than on her right.​
  • Tough, extensive gauntlets - can be swapped out for one of her other weapons called Incendiante.​
  • A long tasset and cloak.​
  • Hardened knee-high greaves that can pack quite the kick.​
The black parts are not scales but are instead tough leather, put in as accents for the rest so that the armor wouldn't be too heavy and that there wouldn't be any open spaces exposing her skin.

gw2-guild-armor-medium-female.jpg

Weapons

Aman has a few weapons that she can and will use during a fight. These weapons can either be forged by her, obtained from the corpse of a fallen adversary, or gifted to her. Depending on her state of health, the amount of time it will take her to switch between them will vary.

✘ Dragon's Scale ✘
The name of Aman's first weapon, a gunblade. This weapon can shift to either take the form of a gun or a blade – it's the only weapon of hers that she created herself. Hence the name, it is actually crafted out of real dragon scales. When in blade form, the hilt is made of smooth crimson scales, and is designed much like the hilt of a rapier, yet thicker. This is a two-handed weapon due to its massive greatsword-esque size and weight. The blade is made from an unknown shiny, transparent ore, that Aman claims was harvested from her home world. It's exceptionally hard to break, but it does go dull from time to time. There also seem to be a few notched indents in the side of the blade, and golden letters along the shaft that say: “There is nothing to lose, When you have nothing at all”. These same words appear on the gun form of Dragon's Scale; which is more like a shotgun than anything. This must also be wielded with two hands. The exterior is made from the original smoothened crimson dragon scales as the sword, except that there are also metal add-ons such as the trigger, the glass scope, and the barrel. This firearm is best for far away targets, but can be used at close-range if necessary. By setting off a mechanism in the weapon's design, Aman can quickly change between melee or ranged in a pinch.

✘ Rasuradora ✘
Another of Aman's weapons, the name means 'Razor' in Spanish. Although it is singular, these weapons are actually a pair of deadly twin blades. They are the fastest and most dexterous of her weapon summons. Much like a razor, these blades are very thin, with a squared-off end instead of a typical pointed tip. Despite that, they are fatally sharp. The hilts of the swords are slightly thicker than the blades themselves, and are made out of delicately crafted ebony wood, hollowed-out on the inside. There are also long white ribbons tied to each of their handles. Both blades weigh almost nothing, making it simple for Aman to thrust and slash at her opponent in quick succession, like a ballet dancer.

✘ Incendiante ✘
Despite the name, these weapons are a pair of metal gloved fists, or Dual-Ranged Shot Gauntlets, as you could call it (refer to Yang from RWBY). Aman would describe this as her most 'exciting' fight style. When inactive, Incendiante takes on the form of two simple silver bracelets attached to her wrists; useful for looking inconspicuous. In action, the bracelets shift forward to adapt to the shape of hardened gloves over her hands. With these, Aman can deliver some serious punches – even explosive ones if she hits hard enough! She's also able to stock them with ammunition, and shoot bullets from her knuckles as needed. They aren't as strong as Dragon's Scale, but they get the job done.

✘ Viclonius's Mitt ✘
Much like Incendiante, this weapon takes the form of a glove. However, it is only one glove, and it's made of silken royal purple fabric with brown buckles; extending across her right forearm to her elbow and normally hidden under her sleeve. With this garment, Aman is able to suck the energy (or life force, respectably) out of an opponent, if and for however long she can get her hand on them. So if she were, say, choking someone with this glove, she could drain them of energy while she does it; potentially killing them faster. The energy she takes from enemies can either go straight to her, or she can transfer it to an ally. When she is able to leech off of someone else's power source, it will, in turn, amplify her abilities for an amount of time; depending on how much was taken. Keep in mind that this weapon can also be equipped at the same time as any of the others, and she more often than not always has it on, since it channels her powers.

Powers

This section will detail Aman's magical capabilities, such as passive and active effects. Active meaning those she has to switch on and passive meaning those that are always on. May be updated before the tournament begins.

✘ Enhanced Speed ✘ - Passive
Although Aman's strength is great, her speed is what really counts when she's fighting. She's flexible and athletic, being nimble on her toes and able to be as graceful as a swan even when performing the simplest of actions. On the defensive, she is able to quickly dodge and parry, or duck and retaliate. Her fighting style is more of a careful striker than a brutish tank or background supporter.

✘ Enhanced Strength ✘ - Passive
Her entire body is significantly strong and durable compared to that of the average human. However, even though Aman can fight well with Incendiante, one of her weaknesses is not being able to have any weapons to fight with. Simple hand-to-hand melee is not one of her specialties, and she's unlikely to win a fight against a strong enemy in that way.

✘ Resistance to Fire/Lightning ✘ - Passive
Because of what she's descended from, she has a high resistance to fire, lightning, and any other sort of heat-based attacks. Hot weather in general hardly affects her, and she can wear as much clothing as she wants without feeling overwhelmed by heat. Although these attacks can still work on her depending on the situation and who casts them, you're much better off trying to target her with water, ice, or physical attacks.

✘ Escutcheon ✘ - Active
The power to manifest a shield of pure magic, able to protect her from bodily harm for a limited amount of time. This shield works exceptionally well against magical attacks, but it is weak to physical hits, and can be chipped away with a strong enough bombardment of such. The size can vary, between one large one to fend off a large attack, to multiple small ones to fend off small attacks.

✘ Glyphs ✘ - Active
Symbols of magic that can appear around the summoner's body. Normally it would appear at her feet, and with it she could propel herself extremely high into the sky, or sink herself under the ground to appear suddenly in front of her target. These same glyphs can be used to deflect a spell back at its caster, or to communicate with someone far away. Can be shattered if hit with a powerful attack.

✘ Vortex Winds ✘ - Active
A spell that causes a powerful, raging cyclone to engulf the area and attempt to sweep a target off their feet. She can control the size of this, so that it can be large enough to destroy a small town, or small enough to focus only on one person. Even if the target doesn't get caught up in the winds, it will still likely deal damage and wear away at their armor's durability, if they have any equipped. Used in moderation, since it extracts a significant amount of energy from the caster, and needs time to charge up.

✘ Fire Breath ✘ - Active
Self-explanatory, as Aman is part dragon, after all. By pursing her lips and building up flames in the back of her throat, she can open her mouth wide and let out fire that will sweep across the area in front of her and burn anything in its path. On a similar note, she experiences no side-effects from breathing in direct carbon dioxide, or walking through fire.

✘ Energy Focus ✘ - Active
As I've previously stated a few times, the energy in her body is extraordinarily important. Another thing that she can do with this energy is focus it into different parts of her body. By doing this, she could focus it to, say, her arm. And if someone were to swing a blade at her arm, even if it hit, it would simply bounce off like if you were to slash a brick wall; the damage would be minimal. She could also focus it into her feet and use that to run along vertical walls and/or steep slopes, etc etc.​

Things To Note
➤ Aman has an aversion to the cold, and as such can be somewhat weaker to ice/snow/water based attacks and the like.
➤ Although uncommon, she is also weak to sound-based attacks. Very shrill, loud noises are hellish to her highly sensitive hearing.
➤ If she were to run out of energy - or use up too much with a powerful attack - it is likely that she would no longer be able to fight, lest she somehow garnered more.
➤ Poison. Such toxins likely wouldn't do much to her skin, but if they somehow got in her body via orally or through her bloodstream, it could cause her to become very sick. Not fatally so, but badly.​

The entire form for my character Aman is here. I highly doubt you will want to read all of it though, since it's about 9,000 characters in length. I only posted the parts I believed were most important; but if you're interested in her personality/backstory and stuff, all of that is in there too. I also tried to cut down on how powerful she was to make her fit into the tournament better.​

Last edited:
This tournament could use some sci-fi. Let me get on that.

Also @Tiko is there anything else I should know before posting my character? Like something not outlined in the guides above that I wouldn't know about because I joined yesterday?

The guide covers most everything. I did forget to include that fast healing or regeneration abilities are barred, but should be good other than that.

Reminder everyone: submissions are closing at 12est tonight, so make sure you get your characters in before then! There will be a few day period to allow for any revisions that need to be made to any last minute submissions, but I need a first draft by midnight! Thanks!

Name: Dallas Age: 52 Gender: Male
Height: 5’ 10” (8’ 4” in ATCP) Weight: 170lb (1,200 in ATCP)
“Every moment has something to teach us, perhaps even battle. Perhaps especially battle.”​

Appearance
Beneath one set of armor and a much larger set of armor? Probably somebody’s favorite uncle with a cybernetic left arm wearing jeans and a t-shirt.

Personality
The sort of war-ridden life Dallas has led only ever produces two kinds of people, those that believe nothing in life matters, and those that believe everything in life matters. Dallas has been fighting since he was a teenager, and perhaps there was a time when he didn’t see the value in living, but one day he started wondering why he fought so hard to hold onto a life that didn’t matter to him. He wasn’t sure he’d know what to do if the fighting ever stopped, he didn’t think he had any real ambitions in life, there was nothing he wanted to do, so why did he want to live? Perhaps, he thought, that was all he wanted. To live. Then he began to realize, even though all he had ever done was fight, he had experienced so much. He had grown, he had changed, he had improved, not just from fighting, but from simply living. Since then that has been all there is to it for Dallas. He fights for his life because he wants to live, because living is a beautiful versatile thing. Every tiny event affects every single event to come after it, and every event affects every action of every person. Life matters because you can’t change even the smallest aspects of it without affecting every single part of it. Fighting is all Dallas will ever know, so it’s a good thing it has so much to teach him.

Equipment
ATCP

The ATCP (All Terrain Combat Platform) represents Dallas’s first line of defense. Less a suit of armor than a bipedal vehicle, Dallas is at his most powerful when piloting the ATCP, in terms of both offense and defense.
Defense
Armor
The ATCP is surprisingly light for it’s size, only weighing a little over half a ton. This is because, unlike most vehicles of its type, the heavy metal outer shell of its armor is the thinnest layer, rather than the thickest. Said outer shell is made up of a solid inch of depleted uranium covering the whole of the suit save the joints and optics. Most of the armor is made up of two layers of ballistic protective ceramics separated by two half inch layers of graphene. Beneath all of that is a comparatively tiny layer of insulating gel designed to protect Dallas and his instruments from electrical discharges. All in all, the ATCP’s armor plating is exceptionally strong and light, but has it’s drawbacks. It was designed to protect against mundane, albeit advanced weapons, and may be vulnerable to creative use of magical energies.
Tactical Scanners
Additionally, the armor’s design forgoes glass or visors in any form to preserve structural integrity, and thus Dallas must rely on powerful but (comparatively) delicate scanners to see. Said scanners are located mainly in the ATCP’s primary optic, a large circular dot in the center of its torso that provides Dallas with a basic visual of the battlefield. Designed to be faster and more precise than the rest, this scanner is capable of tracking targets moving upwards of 200 mph. Less tangible information about Dallas’s environment and opponent can be acquired from several smaller scanners of various types dotted across the armor’s frame. These scanners are even capable of monitoring his opponent’s vitals, provided both the target and Dallas are not currently moving. The ATCP’s “eyes” are simply decorative decoys that perform no function, much like the entire head.
Hail Mary System
The Hail Mary is Dallas’s personal codename for the AI that aids in operating the ATCP. So named for its ability to override Dallas’s controls to react with superhuman reflexes in moments of extreme danger. However, again as the name implies, this is primarily a last resort. The Hail Mary is responsible for the ATCP’s function as a whole, (operating scanners, priming weapons, etc.) and it must abandon these tasks entirely to perform a saving throw, the ATCP will at best be left vulnerable and at worst directly harmed.
Ejection
In the event that the ATCP’s cockpit spontaneous stops being habitable, Dallas (or the Hail Mary) can eject himself from top of the vehicle to fight on foot.

Mobility
Legs
The ATCP is not necessarily slow, in theory it could move its legs as fast as any human, but moving at any speed faster than a slow walk without proper preparation is prone to toppling. However, if Dallas can still the vehicle long enough to plot a course and rationalize weight distribution on the current terrain [1 prep], it can move with surprising speed. Beyond basic locomotion, the legs of the ATCP can perform two additional function. Both functions utilize a system of two hydraulic pistons in the soles of each foot. A fan-like structure on the head of each piston allows them to expand to around three times their original surface area. If the pistons are fired, then the fans deployed, the ATCP can anchor itself into the ground in the face of significant force. If the fans are deployed, then the pistons fired, the ATCP launch itself in jumps of up to thirty feet. Of course, doing the latter without proper preparation [1 prep] would almost certainly result in a debilitating crash.
Thrusters
On the rare occasions when Dallas has time to prime them [2 preps], he can use these two microturbines on the ATCP’s back to dash forward at high velocity. Multiple uses exist for such an ability depending on the vehicle’s current position. They can be used on foot to propel it several yards straight ahead , or in the air to add additional range to a jump or punctuate a landing with a devastating slam.
Offense
Gauss Rifle
Rather than a hand and forearm, the ATCP’s right arm transforms into a long barreled projectile accelerator below the elbow. The weapon uses electromagnetic coils to launch projectiles of various types at deadly speeds. The loading system is somewhat inefficient, however, and it requires a great deal of time to load larger projectiles. Said projectiles come in the following forms:
Barrage ~12, 1cm long metal shards, minimal stopping power & accuracy, time between shots is preset, cannot fire at will [0 preps]
Insurance claim ~ 6” metal ball bearing, 10’ impact radius, moderate accuracy [1 prep]
Shieldbuster ~ 3’ metal “bullet”, armor piercing, pinpoint accuracy [2 preps]
Ferromagnetic Lance ~ 6’ metal rod, 40’ impact radius, high accuracy [3 preps]
MMB System
Though it’s methods are entirely different, the MMB system versatile in much the same way as the Gauss Rifle. Appearing as a sort of backpack, the MMB system is composed of four primary structures. The ammo storage that occupies most of the “pack,” the firing chambers at its top, and a retractable scanner atop each of the ATCP’s shoulders. The system may have multiple firing options, but only two settings, highly destructive and catastrophically destructive.
Hailstorm ~ Unaimed barrage of 20 micro-missiles, producing 15’ fan of tiny explosions [1 prep]
Flyswatter ~ 15 tiny surface-to-air explosives that use predictive algorithms to track fast moving targets [2 preps]
Thermobaric Conflagration ~ Massive barrage of incendiary explosives in all directions. 40’ impact radius with 10’ safe zone around the ATCP [3 preps]
Pneumo-fist
On the rare occasions when the ATCP must participate in melee combat, a hefty swipe of either upper appendage is usually the last word on the matter. On the even rarer occasions when that fails, the pneumatic system encased in its left forearm can pick up the slack. With even a minimal priming [1 prep] the piston-like structure can fire off a punch capable of flipping a tank. The weapon generally makes an effective solution for heavily armored opponents.

On-foot
Being forced out of the ATCP isn’t always a downgrade for Dallas. Though it usually does come with reduced survivability, and he rarely ejects before sustaining some damage, there are advantages to such a change.

Defense
Armor
Essentially a simplified version of the ATCP’s armor, Dallas’s armor is composed of a single layer of ballistic ceramic sandwiched between two layers of graphene. Again there is a final gel layer, but this time it exists to help disperse impact force. The armor is more vulnerable to melee weapons, and is thus designed to be light enough to allow Dallas to keep his distance, but heavy enough to survive most small arms fire. His helmet is the only part designed to withstand any significant force.
Sonic Disrupter
The defensive effect of Dallas’s cybernetic left arm is two fold. It is nerveless, and strong enough to block most mundane melee attacks, but of more interest is the device in its palm. The sonic disrupter is capable of producing a wave of infrasonic vibrations strong enough to divert most high velocity projectiles. The internal structure of the rest of Dallas’s arm are designed to insulate these vibrations and prevent them from affecting him in any significant way beyond mild discomfort. The device can also produce a sudden sonic pulse with an effective range of roughly 15 ft. [1 prep]

Mobility
Though he had access to substantial physical augmentations, Dallas has thus far refrained from any major cybernetic enhancements. Instead only accepting enough to keep him at his physical peak even in his old age.

Offense
Steelcaster
Dallas’s primary weapon outside the ATCP is a lightweight assault weapon that launches 8” titanium spikes at high velocities using hypercoil cartridges. Designed to be wielded with two hands, but easily maneuverable with one, the weapon isn’t superbly versatile, but it suits his style just fine. Dallas’s experience with the weapon is extensive enough to make his aim impeccable, if only human. When that isn’t enough, it’s just a matter of buying enough time [1 prep] to use the weapon’s ballistic cpu and score hits on especially small or fast moving targets. The Steelcaster’s handle is inlaid with magnetic materials that make it easy for Dallas to retrieve it with a powerful magnetic device in his right gauntlet.
Shock Baton
Only if melee combat is unavoidable will Dallas deign to use the collapsible baton strapped to his right thigh. The weapon is capable of delivering debilitating shocks on physical contact by default, but if given the time to charge [1 prep] it can deliver equally powerful shocks at distances of up to a meter. While Dallas does have extensive experience with the weapon, it was only ever used to keep enemies at bay until he could recover his Steelcaster. As such, he is far moure adept at blocks and parries than any sort of intricate offensive maneuvers.

Last edited:
Back