The Last Heroes' Guild The Last Heroes' Guild [OOC and Meta]

To be honest, I haven't nailed down Mum's specific battle magic yet. Elly's healing magic actually works as speeding up the healing process. It isn't a "poof, all better." It's actually a process you can watch. Her magic works specifically to increase cell production and make them work faster to repair and replace themselves. Say, for instance, someone has a simple cut of the skin. She probably wouldn't bother with it, but if she did, her magic would cause the cells to speed up their production and you could actually watch the skin grow back and the two edges smooth over again.
I ask because I was wondering how would a fight between us end. Not well for Jack, obviously, but I tried to imagine it and realized I had no idea how your powers work. Though I would like to spar with the twins in human form as sort of a training.

Then I noticed most of the characters have extremely vague powers. Which is kind of the opposite of what we were going for in the beginning.:(

As for non-magic powers, Num is highly skilled in physical combat. In human form, her claws transform in to swords. She can also tranform sections of her skin in to scales to help block an attack. They aren't as solid as her dragon form, so they don't nullify it completely, but they can slow, say, a sword down enough that it doesn't cleave her in half. Still damaged, but not dead.

Elly is not much a fighter (being blind makes it difficult ^^), so she relies a lot on her magic. She will likely get a grasp on the magic of the New World much quicker than Nym. She can also do very good first aid without magic--sutures, splints, bandaging, etc.

Anri has no powers. If you want me to limit how many she bullets and what kinda she has on hand, then I can. I was planning on doing that anyway, but...you know.

Perhaps. It's good you brought it up, because we did plan on magic being very specific, so all of us specifying our characters' powers would probably be good.

I would love to see a fight between Nym and Jack. She loves a good spar. :)

Anri has no powers. If you want me to limit how many she bullets and what kinda she has on hand, then I can. I was planning on doing that anyway, but...you know.

Are they magic bullets? I would think if magic is being condensed in to a bullet-sized attack, one would only run out of bullets if they ran out of magic. But I dunno, I don't remember the gun specs that have been used. ^^

Are they magic bullets? I would think if magic is being condensed in to a bullet-sized attack, one would only run out of bullets if they ran out of magic. But I dunno, I don't remember the gun specs that have been used. ^^

Actually, if I understand it correctly, the bullets are actually bikes of condensed magic that's shot out of the firearm right before it takes effect. Like a a gun shooting a fireball. Average knows more. They came up with all the details.

Also I would like @WiZ to do the same. Can he, say, animate the armor I am wearing and therefore control me? Can he animate my dagger and armor and make me slit my own throat? Can he animate all kinds of inanimate matter? How about an arrow that is flying towards him? What if he tries to animate A Nug's armor? Would he be able to overpower him?

As for Jack Payton, I will try and give a clear view on his skills and powers:

He does not know about any magic at all. He doesn't even care about it. All he knows is how to activate his mask. The mask has only the functions that I listed in the CS.

As for weapons. He can use anything as a weapon, and he is good at it. How good? Well good enough to beat some average NPC warriors, unless they happen to be experienced soldiers. He is exceptionally good with the daggers though. I mean really good. He could be seen as a master in that aspect. He is a great archer only because of his mask. Without it he would just be average.

Where Jack's ability really is, is his resourcefulness. And his knowledge of anatomy. He knows where to hit, how hard and with what weapon in order to cripple and kill his opponent. Would he be able to kill Treisgar? Depends. If the conditions are right than yes. If he fight him in a duel, than absolutely not. Treisgar's magic alone would give him an advantage that he would be unable to overcome. What if they fought using no magic? He would still lose to the monk. He is just too experienced a warrior.

If you have specific questions about hypothetical scenarios please ask and I will answer them.

@Almighty.Person.Me same goes for you. Your character had a description of his powers but its gone now. What are his powers? What are those runes? What about the advanced runes you mention? I remember he had runes to help him meditate and that state of mind gave him certain qualities. And I remember he had runes to increase his strength.

Currently adding what I have already described to my characters sheets.
Thank you. I am not asking anyone to make their powers less powerful, mind it. I just want to know the nature and extent of them. So when a problem presents itself no one is tempted to add infinite amounts of elasticity to the vagueness of their powers.

It dawned on me when someone came up with a way of stopping an avalanche with an on-the-spot invention of a new type of ammo *cough* Anri*cough*. :D

No idea on how to describe Anri's skills. Uh...tinkering? Know how to use a magic bullet in more than just a normal way? She's kinda hard for me to elaborate, since I made her to be the type that grows as time progresses.

No idea on how to describe Anri's skills. Uh...tinkering? Know how to use a magic bullet in more than just a normal way? She's kinda hard for me to elaborate, since I made her to be the type that grows as time progresses.
Just describe how the gun works, how the ammo works, where you get it, what kind of ammo it is, how powerful it is and so on.

My idea for the next post is to Co-author a fight in the caves with Anri. Our enemy will look like this:
ab6b4a164f407897439e6bb676567271.jpg

Now I obviously can't hurt that thing with conventional weapons, but Anri has a magic gun. If Otomos agrees, then I was thinking since commanders Nug will find you guys before we do (probably) he could hint at the creatures in the caves, I don't know, add something to the lore section.

Just describe how the gun works, how the ammo works, where you get it, what kind of ammo it is, how powerful it is and so on.

Ernar I believe I have a whole post on how a magelocke works somewhere way back in the posts. Also I'm not getting alerts at all anymore when people post on this Thread -__-. Lol it was all the way at page 8 no wonder. Here the explaination to it:

As fo
Finally on the subject of firearms and or firearms like weapons I've always have this idea of a non-blackpowder ignited rifle called the Magelock, which essentially is a easy to use firearm that allows spell like projectiles to be shot out of them. Whats completely sets aside the Magelock from your standard fantasy flintlock is its firing mechanism and ammunition.
Function: Ok so a magelocke has a presscussion cap firing mechanism, however can only load one "bullet" through a bolt mechanism. The percussion cap will be located on the right of the weapon(same has any musket) while the bolt handle will be on the left side of the gun. When the bolt is pulled back its opens up a hatch on top of the rifle. The hatch is where the gunner drops the bullet. The bolt then pushed back up and locked in place(locking is done by pushing the bolt handle down) Now this is where things get a bit magical. The ammunition of the rifle isn't an actual bullet, but a transparent cylinder vial about the size of your modern day rifle bullet. Both ends of the vial are covered by two very resistant metal stoppers that have small holes in the middle of them. The metal stopper facing the bolt has a gum like solid that can stop liquids/gases but not solids. The metal stopper facing the barrel of the rifle only has a fitted cork in the middle that can be easily removed by applying force from behind. You see inside the bolt there is also a thin rod that pokes a hole through the vials center mush. At that point the percussion cap can be cocked. Finally the rifle itself is ready to fire. When the trigger is pulled, the percussion hammer goes down and causes a spark. The spark is then conducted through the small thin rod and ignites the liquid in the vial letting out a energy like projectile through the barrel. The projectile that comes out of this Maglocke is completely dependent on the vial's contents and the shape of the barrel as well as the user's imagination. For example, a fire bolt vial ignited in a magelocke with a groved bore barrel will allow the magic bolt to become a faster and more accurate projectile. The substances in the vial are meant to be easy to make, however that's up to debate depending on how magic,alchemy, and materials within the old old world pan out. Also the vials aren't destroyed after the weapon has fired. In fact their made to withstand ignition, however it's very impractical to refill the vials during active combat. Essentially with this weapon idea is for guild members who aren't so combat oriented(such as the roles I discussed previously) but needs a relatively simple weapon to use when they're put into combat situations.

As for my onwl limitations I've pretty much your run of the mill rifleman in terms of Combat. Like seriously Anri can kick Page's butt. The only thing that's going for him is being exetremely knowledgeable, like uber book worm smart. He use to be a pretty good mage at the age of 13, like he could cast fireballs and such, but due to a traumatic incident he won't ever do magic again. Page's strengths lie literally outside of combat situations

My idea for the next post is to Co-author a fight in the caves with Anri. Our enemy will look like this:
ab6b4a164f407897439e6bb676567271.jpg

Now I obviously can't hurt that thing with conventional weapons, but Anri has a magic gun. If Otomos agrees, then I was thinking since commanders Nug will find you guys before we do (probably) he could hint at the creatures in the caves, I don't know, add something to the lore section.

By 'he' you mean me?

@Average that answers some questions. However Anri will tinker with it. And we still have no idea howbthese bullets are produced, what kind of bullets can be produced and by what means and so on.

Back