So, plot twist: Character creation isn't done yet.

As a part of Storyboarding, now is the part where I (as the "Lead Writer") basically just ask all of you point blank what ideas you want to contribute to the story, or what you would like to set up/achieve for your characters. Aka: Long term planning, and all that fun stuff.

#1: Determine at least four other characters in the party who would be interesting to interact with, and why. Tell those other players what you think would be interesting about your interactions with them. (Eg: Romance potential, rivalries, mentor-student, comrades in arms, ideological bantering, et cetera.) Yes, you can choose the NPC's for this.
In doing this, I can effectively establish interesting scenes through more than just worldly conflict. At points for example it might be prudent for the pacing of the story to have a "slow" point, where the party rests by a campfire. During such a campfire scene, knowing in advance who would be interesting to pair up with who, and for what reason, is information that everyone should have. I don't expect every expectation to pan out, but that is effectively what the process of writing is--compose a few ideas, see what works, ditch what doesn't.

#2: Below are a list of potential scenes as a result of the story. Pick and choose the ones that interest you most, and describe why. (Note: They are not in order of appearance, and they may change, be added, or removed as is necessary.)
  • Discovering the Princess.
    • Most likely for this scene in particular, you would discover her encased in ice, and upon freeing her, she would collapse unconscious at your feet, and awaken a few hours later.
  • An encounter with the Archangel.
    • Most probably non-violent, as if engaged, he would single handedly slaughter most of the party. So long as you don't tell him your intent, he likely won't know nor care to know what your intent is. He's a generally affable authoritarian.
  • Stumbling upon a demon cult.
    • As part of the adventure, one potential scene may involve stumbling upon one or more members of a demonic cult, who may try to convince you to leave. They may already have summoned a demon into the world--such as an agent of lust, or an agent of wrath. They may provide you help in exchange for favors either immediate, or later down the road.
  • An encounter with refugees.
    • The Rheinfelder civil war is a brutal, bloodthirsty affair. It's not uncommon for groups of people to try and flee across the border into Renalta or Liveria, and an encounter with such a group would effectively result in the refugees begging for help in one way or another.
  • An encounter with a vampire.
    • Vampires would be interested in finding the princess for their own reasons--some being hostile, some being manipulative, and a few being genuinely good natured and well intentioned. An alliance is possible, though difficult, and if encountered alone, they may very well try to plant hypnotic suggestions in a PC, or feed off of them.
  • Witch Hunter Vagabonds.
    • A group of witch hunters who have defected from Liveria to hunt down and kill mages within Renaltan borders and even beyond that. If they encountered your party, they may briefly attempt diplomacy to convince you to hand over the mages among your group. If they realize that Amora is a mage, or if diplomacy is rejected, they will instead try to kill all the mages of your group and try to convince the rest of your group to stand down.
  • Stumbling upon the lair of a Dragon.
    • Monstrosities normally try to avoid human territories, but there is one located within the same region as the princess's resting place. It's very possible that you could enter a large cavern and find a dragon there, whom you could try to speak with, and if you fail to calm it, merely attempt to survive the wrath of as it attacks you for disturbing its slumber.
  • Talking to Emilia about her past, and the state of Rheinfeld.
    • Emilia is a religious assassin, and a whore. She has her own secrets and background that relate to the loss of her family, her wish to enact revenge upon those who hurt her, and her faith.
  • Talking to Amora about his past, and the state of Liveria.
    • Amora cares for the country which ousted him, and there are rumours that swirl about his dead wife and his obsession over her. He also has secrets he keeps, and his method of summoning is unorthodox...
  • Talking to Marcus about his past, and the state of Renalta.
    • Marcus is a patriot, though battle scarred from the civil war with Liveria. He is a natural mentor who wants to help his peers improve their skills in battle, and is otherwise pacifistic and wise. He is somewhat emotionally stunted, and though the two above have secrets, Marcus is largely an open book--nonetheless, he does have personal stories about his life.
  • Talking to Noelle about her past, and the state of the Mage Collective.
    • Noelle is loyal to her faction, and seeks to protect mages and enrich her knowledge of magical power. She is overly polite and feminine, to the point of sometimes overdoing it in conversation. She has secrets about her faction, the princess, and it's whispered that her desire to help the princess borders on a fanatical obsession she has had for decades.
  • Talking to Anthony about his past, and the state of the Free Holds.
    • Anthony is an inventive and sardonic man, who seems gentle only toward his cat--Cynthia. He contrasts ideologically quite heavily to most characters, and his sense of right and wrong is based almost entirely on a "might makes right" mentality. He has his secrets, and his regrets, and on a few occasions he can even be spotted praying to God.
  • A personal scene for your character.
    • Please embellish and describe what comes to mind. Go into detail. Is it a near death experience, for example? Maybe a heel face turn on their morals or ideology? Does it involve other specific characters such as another PC?
  • A romantic arc with the princess, or another NPC.
    • If you're interested in pursuing a romantic arc--successful or unsuccessful--with an NPC, now is a good time to mention it so I can start setting up opportunities for you.
  • A duel.
    • Against a PC or NPC, either friendly (ie: training) or unfriendly (ie: to the death!)

#3: Name at least two long-term endings for your character that you can think of, other than dying as a part of the journey. You don't have to go into intense detail, just list what comes to the top of your mind when you think about it. This doesn't mean that the long-term ending in question is going to happen, obviously, as circumstances of a developing story can change that, but it helps to know what direction you initially envision your character going in!

Get to work on this, folks, and I'll get back to you with some Storyboarded scenes soon after. Let's see how much fun stuff we can plan out together! :D

giphy.gif

1: I think any of the Liverian characters would be fun for Barrett to interact with, Charlotte and Alice specifically, because of the Liverian pride and camaraderie they would share together. It would bring out my dwarf's softer side. Marcus would be fun because I'm not sure whether Barrett would try to reason with him or kick his ass. Rosvita would probably be the woman he'd have the strongest relationship with though. Both former soldiers having lost so much in the war. (Possible romantic connection if Lia wants it ^^) And Noelle along with other scholarly mages would be fun to banter ideology with, as Barrett is more wise then he appears.

2: So many juicy ones to choose from :D

Finding the princess - This is Barrett's number one goal and thus integral to his story. What he does with the princess, I have no idea, but he absolutely needs to find her.

Witch Hunter Vagabonds - Deserters of his order who are violating the rules of the accord his country signed with Renalta. Barrett would be furious and as likely to slaughter them all as he would be to reduce them to nothing but sniveling boys by tongue lashing.

Talking to Emelia - According to the NPC thoughts, Emilia is the only one who doesn't seem to judge the book by its cover, so Barrett is all for getting to know her better. However I will say that everyone NPC except maybe Anthony is open to this if they show my poor dwarf more courtesy in the future.

A personal scene for your character - I'll explain my long term goals for Barrett in the third question but this basically would be the moment where his thoughts on magic do a complete reversal, or they get doubled down. I cant really give much more detail as so much of the details need to have happened IC first.

A romantic arc with the Princess or NPC - First off, PC or NPC, all the waifus are fair game if they want a rugged dwarven lover. But if none of the female PCs are interested, Barrett would try for Emilia. He needs someone to soften that sharp edge of his.

A duel - Possibly against Marcus depending on how the two's relationship pans out. Whatever their feelings are towards each other, the fight'll definitely be gritty.

3: I have two endings in mind for Barrett. First is him getting to know and understand these mages in his party, including the ones from his own country, and seeing the error of judging magic so quickly. If that happens, he'll likely plead for the princess to return to Liveria first and convince them of the error of their ways. The other is the opposite, where his experiences with these mages only hardened his resolve against magic further. In which case he would bring the princess to Liveria by force so that she might kneel before his prince and declare Liveria the true ruling power of the southern kingdoms. All depends on how we storyboard things though. ;3

So, I know we're meant to be posting the above Storyboarding exercise first, but I've revamped my Character Opinions to reflect the character's now-more-developed personality and to reflect the new, accepted roster. AlsoIStartedThisBeforeNilumPostedTheAboveShit.

Player Characters

Sisera De Platine
- “The broken man who claims to be the Princess’ steward...Either you are a liar, or you are a liability. I do not care which.” (Disbelieving, dismissive. Does not give credence to his story, and does not think he has a place on this quest, even on the off chance he is telling the truth.)
Alice Emeline Moineau - “Concentrer, dans toutes les choses <Focus, in all things.>” (Doesn’t give self-diagnosis much thought.)
Ofri Windweaver - “I did not realise a pretty face, some card tricks, and a pitiful parlour trick were enough to be on this mission. It seems Amora has different priorities.” (Dismissive. Views Ofri as a meaningless player in the story; not strong as a combatant, not offering any specific wisdom or angle of attack, and never offering an alternate perspective other than 'bar-wench.')
Charlotte - “Liveria would be lessened by your departure. I wish that medicine could have spared you your loss.” (Respectful, apologetic. Offers sympathy to the woman, despite core differences in beliefs.)
Rosvita - “I wonder what is truly impressive, you or that shyster artifact?” (Curious. Torn between a respect for martial prowess and her distaste for Magic, Alice struggles to place Rosvita for now.)
Dean Hansen - “A farmer's boy with a dream… Legends have started on less.” (Curious. Dean presents an unrefined enthusiasm that Alice would watch grow, if only to see if he might one day test her.)
Tybalt Mach'Llarys - “Of all the magical I have met, yours is the most agreeable. Hopefully you aren't just a lump to protect.” (Conflicted, dismissive. Despite the multiple reasons to dislike Tybalt, the usefulness of his talents at least force a bit of begrudging respect.)
Barrett Ironforge - “A Witch-Hunter? Working with openly practicing Mages? Que cachez-vous? <What are you hiding?>” (Respectful, suspicious. Understands the skill of the witch Hunters, but doesn't understand his motive, which worries her.)
Sabine Conte - “What a strange feeling...So similar, yet so different. I hope you're at least good with that blade. (Curious, wistful, uneasy. Sabine's similar heritage reminds Alice of what she’s lost, and reflects the worst of Liveria's flaws. Similar to Rosvita, Alice wishes to know if it is the tool of the craftsman that is worthy of respect.)
Tycho Merax - “Do not touch me, mage. I will not have you spread one of those...malignancies to me.” (Distrusting, fearful. Tycho embodies a lot of Alice’s fear and loathing of magic.)
Bakar Ibaiguren - “If I ever catch a whiff of you altering my mind, I will end you. Painfully.” (Openly avoiding, fearful. Bakar is the stuff of nightmares and stories told to scare Liverian children.)
Laurenz Eckhart - “Guns do not solve problems, they make them. You should break that numbing tool and pick up a weapon that feels. It might save a life.” (Distaste. Alice's hatred of guns puts Laurenz at a disadvantage, at least in being judged fairly. Alice does endeavour to at least respect his station, and the war he was born to.)

Non-Player Characters

Amora Mann - “You are a paradoxical man… It is a shame you have had to slay your countrymen, or I would petition the crown for your pardon once this is done.” (Extremely curious. Alice, knowing more than most about his past, is intimately aware that there is more to this Mann’s story. Wonders if his magic brought about his downfall.)
Emilia Lang Lehmann - “What a strange and crass woman. Still, you seem too complicated to dismiss.” (Neutral, mildly curious. Disagrees with her views on sexuality, but respects her life of hardship and her ability to rise above it.)
Marcus Luke Crawford - “I look forward to honing my blade against yours.” (Respectful. Views him as an excellent martial combatant and is interested in duelling his ideological beliefs as well.)
Noelle Touchard - “You are...huh, I don't think I have an answer for you.” (Fearful. Noelle represents an absolute roadblock against her, and it infuriates her that magic can exist which so easily invalidates her hard work.)
Anthony Bulgarelli - "Your country is barbaric, and your death-machines are abhorrent. I only hope you have some redeeming qualities..." (Cold, distrusting. Dislike exacerbated by his association with Guns.)

Last edited:
Edit: D-d-d-Double post!

: Determine at least four other characters in the party who would be interesting to interact with, and why. Tell those other players what you think would be interesting about your interactions with them. (Eg: Romance potential, rivalries, mentor-student, comrades in arms, ideological bantering, et cetera.) Yes, you can choose the NPC's for this.

I can see interesting interactions with just about every character, so I’m just going to do a quick top five. These are not necessarily the order of importance or naught, but they are the top five that come to mind.)

Charlotte (Holmishire) - The Liverian element and the ideological clash is an obvious point of change for both characters. It seems likely that by the end of the roleplay Alice’s magical apprehension will change, for better or for worse, and Charlotte is one of the likely catalysts for positive change.
Sabine (Blackstone) - The other likely catalyst for positive magical-prejudice change, Sabine’s similar heritage and the parallels between their story makes it likely that the two will be able to bond beyond the obvious initial bonding point of Swordplay.
Barrett Ironforge (JRusso) - The third of the Liverian trio to add spicy interactions with Alice, Barrett represents a possible catalyst for the worse change, in which Alice’s prejudice doesn’t soften, but grows more extreme. Her past with Witch Hunters is also an interesting link, as is his link with the Council of Nobles, which Alice’s family sits upon.
Dean Hanson (Orion) - Dean provides a Renaltan perspective to the horrors of the Civil War, and can perhaps soften some of Alice’s noble-centric views. Swordplay will again likely force thw two to interact, and could be anything from a friendly rivalry to a mentor/mentee relationship.
Tycho Merax (Grothnor) - Tycho is an interesting figure in that his magic might end up literally saving Alice’s life, which would inevitably change her perspective for the better. Of course, depending on how abusive he is with some of the more terrifying aspects of his message, he might do more harm than good.​

#2: Below are a list of potential scenes as a result of the story. Pick and choose the ones that interest you most, and describe why. (Note: They are not in order of appearance, and they may change, be added, or removed as is necessary.)

Much like above, Alice can at least fit into most scenes with much fun and reckless abandon. These are just ones of particular note in my mind.​
  • Discovering the Princess.
    • An inevitable cornerstone of the story, and likely where the tables might turn and Alice might find a long-term purpose.
  • An encounter with the Archangel.
    • A chance for Alice to understand the full barbarism of the ‘man’ who tore Renalta apart. Meeting Abbaron might also serve to dull the hatred for magic, seeing that it wasn’t the fact that Renalta embraced magical culture, but seeing that Abbaron is just a barbarous monster would alter her ideas on the justification of the genocide that was once blamed on fragrant magical usage.
  • An encounter with a vampire.
    • The meeting of a vampire would likely have Alice attempting to flex her diplomatic muscles, as opposed to her just her sword-wielding ones. She would obviously despise the monsters however, so that’s a thing.
  • Witch Hunter Vagabonds.
    • Meeting a group of vagrant Witch Hunters who forced the ideas of murdering people that she might otherwise bonded with would present a major blow to her typical Liverian patriotism. Combine that with the fact that she’s linked in the past to a Witch Hunter who she held romantic feelings with and who knows what that’d lead to some interesting interactions.
  • Stumbling upon the lair of a Dragon.
    • While a fascinating scene, and it is basically the same thing as the Vampire scene; interesting place to prove her diplomatic skills, but otherwise a not particularly Alice-focused scene. She’d be awestruck and terrified, but so would anyone.
  • Talking to Amora about his past, and the state of Liveria.
    • Amora’s past is of particular interest to Alice because she seeks to understand the man and his downfall; either to condemn him or to understand him better. It might very well prove an interesting place to sharpen or dull her faith of Liveria, as well as change her stance on magic.
  • Talking to Marcus about his past, and the state of Renalta.
    • Alice is likely going to find at least a rivalry, if not a mentor in Marcus, and thus the two will probably strike up conversation about their differing perspectives on the war. Alice remembers it for the devestating loss of her mother, and the division of her from her mother’s family. Marcus will provide a different, and fascinating, perspective.
  • A personal scene for your character.
    • There are several obvious scenes for Alice, and some more subtle ones besides. As previously mentioned, a tie-in with the previously admired Witch Hunter, or with the Liverian Council of Nobles, or with Alice’s Renaltan family would provide fascinating insights on her past and would force her to develop in any number of ways, depending on the interactions. Anything from a massif from her father to kill Amora to the Witch Hunter trying to play on her feelings to get to and attempt to kill the Princess would all be fascinating and fun, or it could be a touching reunion with an unknown Uncle who provides a connection to Renalta and a newfound love.
  • A romantic arc with the princess, or another NPC.
    • Romantic arcs are available with Alice, although they’d have to be more romantic than simple one-night stands. Likely candidates are The Princess, Dean, and Sabine at this point, with a few other fringe choices. She wouldn’t be interested in Emelia’s casual nature, or anything similar.
  • A duel.
    • Alice vs Marcus is basically a shoe-in, and Alice vs Dean will also be quite likely. Alice vs Sabine? Gimme gimme. Martial combat is the easiest way to bond with the Liverian Noble.
#3: Name at least two long-term endings for your character that you can think of, other than dying as a part of the journey. You don't have to go into intense detail, just list what comes to the top of your mind when you think about it. This doesn't mean that the long-term ending in question is going to happen, obviously, as circumstances of a developing story can change that, but it helps to know what direction you initially envision your character going in!

The First Ending that seems obvious is a return to Liveria as a more level-headed and accepting member of the Liverian Nobility. She’d push for rolling back on Magical restrictions, probably pushing for a permit-based system and for the abolition of the Witch Hunters in their current form. She’d also push for closer ties to Renalta, considering the likely bonds she’d form with people like the Princess, Marcus, et al.

The Second Ending would see Alice hardened by her journey, becoming a stoic and fearsome matriarch to a powerful noble house. She’d push for becoming the head of her house, and would reject any calls to give it up upon marriage. She’d continue the Liverian traditions and would push for the Isolationist tendencies to continue, perhaps with an alliance to Rheinfeld helping further her from the Over-magical Renalta. This is closer to a ‘Bad-End’ as it would assume the character takes more steps backwards then forwards.
Of course, there are a million different ways this could end; exile from Liveria, death, interesting plot hooks, etc.

#1: Interesting interactions: Alice Moineau, for an interesting disparity between beliefs and capabilities. Dean Hansen (Legend of Dean), for the similarities Laurenz has with Uthil. Barrett Ironforge, for a shared bond as soldiers, even though they are from different nations, as well as their experiences in war. Sabine Conte, for her foil to Laurenz's broken spirit.
NPCs: Emelia Lehmann, for being a fellow Rheinfelder, and another Faithful. Noelle Touchard, similarly being a foil for his broken spirit. Marcus Crawford, as a fellow soldier, even if from a different military, as well as admiring his sense of honour.

#2:
  • Discovering the Princess: A moment of true hope for the otherwise crestfallen man, it would be the beginning of his long recovery.
  • An Encounter with Refugees: A darker scene where he remembers the horrors of his war, and a bit of good shown in that he'd selflessly give of his goods to them; they would need it more than he.
  • Talking to Emilia about her past, and the state of Rheinfeld: Despite his broken spirit, Laurenz still deeply cares for his fellow countrymen, and wishes to help end the darkness of the past, partly to help ease his own burdens.
  • A personal scene for your character: Either something to truly show his hatred for the archangel and his followers, or a scene showing his night terrors, and his reaction to another restless night, the true terror of a man broken by war.
#3: His debt to the Freeholds either found out or ended (An end to a character arc), or an end to the Rheinfeldan Civil War, where he finally forgives his own crimes, and can help rebuild his country from the ground up.

----------------------------------------------

PC/NPC opinions to come soon(tm)

PC OPINIONS
@Axl/Laurenz Eckhart: Another man from that hole of a country. He reminds me of the tale of the oak and the willow, though I wonder which he is: the stoic oak who is broken by the storm or the willow who bends to it. (Curious)

@Drakel/Bakar Ibaiguren: Well. I was hoping never to run into one of you again. (Horrified: has witnessed the effects of Lizardman reproduction and never wants to again)

@slade/Sisera De Palatine: Something tells me that old man is not entirely all there, but if there is any truth to his claims, he may be invaluable towards my goals. (Wary, Curious)

@LimeyPanda/Alice Moineau: Intelligent and quick, both with a sword and her wit. Just the kind of person I'd enjoy working for, were it not for Liveria's ass-backwards policies on magic. (Friendly, Disappointed by her anti-mage tilt)

@Becca/Orfi: Thoughtful of Amora to bring along some 'entertainment', though I doubt he'd have brought her if that was all she could do.... Unless she's just that good. Hmm.... (Curious, mistakes her for a whore)

@Jade Coffee/Tybalt Mach'Llarys: You're much older than you look, though that's true for most elves, I suppose. Your penchant for helping without recompense is quite irksome, though. (Curious, Annoyed)

@Holmishire/Charlotte: The second wisest thing a person may ask is 'why?' The first is 'why not?' (Friendly: seeks to be a mentor figure)

@Lialore/Rosvita: She clings tightly to faith, and while faith in and of itself is not a bad thing, the object of her faith is. (Dismissive: sees no purpose in faith to God)

@Orion/Dean Hansen: Young and idealistic, but brash and too easily irked. (Annoyed, but seeks to be a mentor figure)

@Grothnor/Tycho Merax: I am me, and I still draw breath in this rotten world. (Proud of his continued survival, Determined to thrive despite his adversity)

@jrusso20/Barrett Ironforge: Your loathing of my gifts is but your weakness; take care to remember who can close your wounds or make then tenfold. (Caution, Disgust)

@Blackstone/Sabine Conte: A sellsword is a respectable choice of profession, one which goes well with my own. (Friendly: feels an affinity with a fellow mercenary, of sorts)

NPC OPINIONS
Amora Mann: We're not too different; we're both expatriates who cannot return to our homelands, and we both know a thing or two about medicine. The question is: is that where our similarities end? (Suspicious, Outwardly Friendly)

Emilia Lehmann: Faith, youth, and distrust of magic? I suspect we'll get along like oil and water. (Dismissive)

Marcus Crawford: Hard to get a read on him. I'm not sure if it's because there's hidden depths or if there's just nothing to see past his traumas. (Neutral)

Noelle Touchard: You're not much more than a loyal hound, are you? I respect your masters' 'gods' of Logic and Reason, I simply question to what end they worship them. (Dismissive)

Anthony Bulgarelli: Our motivations seem to be the same and they certainly don't overlap. Cheers, friend, and fortune be to us both. (Respect, Friendly)

Character Creation Part 2:
#1:

Laurenz Eckhart: Tycho has seen firsthand the effects of the Rheinfelders' stubborn adherence to codes of honor, and has a rather low opinion of them. That said, he is most intrigued to see a Rheinfelder who is actually adapting to his enemies rather than repeatedly relying on the same failing strategies that is annihilating their country.

Barrett Ironforge: Obviously the mage/mage-hunter interactions could be interesting.

Anthony Bulgarelli: Ideological banter between the free-holders would prove an entertaining way of sussing out Tycho's reasoning for seeking the Princess/leaving the free holds, as well as calling out the hypocrisy of Anthony's views towards him.

Charlotte/Dean Hansen: Tycho would want to try to instil some Free-holder values in the young 'uns and generally try to be a mentor figure.

#2:
Witch Hunter Vagabonds: This would prove to be an interesting point for Tycho to display the more violent and abhorrent aspects of his magic.

Talking to Amora about his past: Tycho does not trust Amora's motivations, even though he sees familiarity in their shared profession, and would like to try to suss out his secrets.

Talking to Anthony about his past, and the state of the Free Holds: See #1. I picture a frenemy type of dynamic between Tycho and Anthony. Plus anyone who likes cats can't be all bad, right? :p

A personal scene for my character: The party may encounter Free-Holder bounty hunters seeking to profit off of Tycho's head, prompting an attempt at stealth, diplomacy or just a fight. Either way, it may provoke details about his past.

A romantic arc: Tycho has a thing for elves, and if he can manage to get past his distaste for the morals of his current elvish companions, he may start to take an interest in one of them.

An encounter with refugees: Tycho may be more inclined towards charity or sympathy for those with the sense to leave the hellhole that is Rheinfeld, which may spark a change away from his Free-Holder morals, if nurtured.

#3:
Either Tycho earns the trust of the Princess and gets to live happily ever after as the Royal Physician or some similar position, or he doesn't and, lacking any better alternatives, returns to the Free Holds to do what he can to deal with his former master Garl Marsek, however he can.

Last edited:
I'll do in-character opinions later, hopefully; I'm just a bit swamped with uni at the moment for the next five-to-nine months.

• Alice (@LimeyPanda): She respects Alice greatly, as a member of the Council and as a companion. Expect Charlotte to regularly seek her praise, occasionally approval. While there is little in terms of expertise that could be transferred, she might still seek a master-apprentice relationship—or just friendship.
  • Tycho (@Grothnor): Embodying the very kind of magic Charlotte wants to see reintegrated into Liverian society, she will be looking to him to confirm her beliefs. Tycho has the potential to severely damage her respect for mages, based on the cruelty he displays when using the other aspects of his healing magic.
  • Sabine (@Blackstone): As her magic is largely defensive in nature, Charlotte will not be immediately put off by its use. Due to her non-noble birth, she will also be more relaxed in Sabine's presence than she might be in Alice's, so she might seek out Sabine for more casual interactions early on. Could potentially develop into a friendly rivalry, two mercenaries, using magic and poison as equalizers.
  • Noelle (@Nilum): Another defensive mage, and one with ties to the Mage Collective to boot. Charlotte will be interested to hear of Noelle's experiences, and what methods the Collective utilizes to deal with rogue mages.
  • Bakar (@Drakel): She will likely take great strides to avoid giving Bakar any chance to use his magic, on friend or foe; even if it means curing poisoned wounds by herself. That being said, Charlotte doesn't want to judge him on virtue of his nature alone, so she will likely strive to redeem him for the group. As such, a respectful rivalry could be an interesting development.
  • Encounter with the Archangel. So long as it doesn't devolve into a slugfest, meeting the Archangel and being given some understanding of his perspective of the whole conflict would help to humanize him and his followers to Charlotte. This sympathy could manifest in her striving to show mercy to the Forsaken in future conflicts, and seek a resolution that doesn't result in the outright extermination of the Archangel.
  • Witch Hunter Vagabonds. Seeing how her companions deal with followers of opposing beliefs could strongly influence her opinion of mages in general. If they show no mercy to witch hunters, do they deserve mercy?
  • Talking to Amora about the state of Liveria. As a non-member of the Council of Nobles, she would appreciate Amora's insight into the potential of mages being reintegrated into Liverian society, or their realignment with the Renaltan throne.
  • Talking to Noelle about the Mage Collective. As above, Charlotte is interested in learning how the Collective controls the most dangerous of its members, and works to prevent the horror unleashed over a century ago.
  • Who bears the antidote? Someone (likely Alice) is poisoned, and refuses to be cured by magical means, so Charlotte either has to make an antidote herself, or convince the victim to let go of their prejudice and be healed—though she will be equally opposed to any assistance from Bakar.
Pro-MAGECon-MAGE
S
O
F
T
Her beliefs affirmed by her trusted companions' actions in their quest for the princess, Charlotte helps to overthrow the Archangel and then sets her eyes on reuniting Liveria and Renalta under a single monarchy.Conflicted between the bonds she has formed within the group and evidence of the dangers caused by magic, Charlotte will be highly influence-able by the Archangel to subtly work against their goals from the inside, trying to find a way to "cure" them of their magical inclinations without killing them.
H
A
R
D
Disgusted by the constant in-fighting between the mages and non-mages of the group, Charlotte abandons the quest and returns home. Despite her lesser heritage, she pursues a political career on behalf of the mages at the Council of Nobles—and this proving fruitless, forms a rebel task-force to sneak mages past the border and launch attacks against the Witch Hunter bases.Hoping to find humanity and compassion in the actions of her mage-companions, she instead found confirmation of Liveria's fears. Perhaps they prove cruel, or perhaps they simply lack control; regardless, they are a danger to mankind and must be repressed. Charlotte will become a Witch Hunter in full, slipping off in the night either to join their enemies, or to return to her homeland having learned her lesson.
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

1.)
The Princess-This an obvious one and not relevant yet. But whatevs, figured I'd just put it here

Noelle- The two have a history together, it makes sense for them to be on somewhat well speaking terms. It would also be interesting to play with how much of Sisera's memories Noelle knows of.

Marcus- Marcus seems to have an interest in Sisera because of his former life. Could make for good interactions

Dean- Dean's values and character correlate to Sisera's. Plus Dean's hard work in his martial studies reminds Sisera of his days as a young man.

Tybalt- Tybalt is technically only a decade or so Older than Sisera. They come from a similiar past that Sisera can relate to

Rosvita- They both hold similar views in regards to God. He also likes her values while at the same time his personality can conflict with her anathemas. Making good drama

2.)

Discovering the Princess-Not gonna explain the reason why for this one

Stumbling upon a Demon Cult- This one is for character purposes, won't go into here but in a private PM

Witch Hunter Vagabonds-just a good combat sequence two groups meet up, they have some laughs, people die

Talking to Marcus about his past, and the state of Renalta- They're old people who both care about Renalta. Fits nicely like a jigsaw.

Talking to Noelle about her past, and the state of the Mage Collective -Relevant to Sisera because of past history between the two.

A personal scene for your character- Nilum already knows this one

3.)

All of which will be sent in private pm

Sisera: You… knew the princess? You taught the princess. You must have some stories. [Intrigued]

Alice: My, someone who can play cards almost as well as I can. We’ll have to play some time. [*Interested*]

Ofri: Hello, pretty lady. Look at how far you’ve made it already. [Confident, surprised she joined]

Charlotte: Magic isn’t that terrifying. Well, not when it’s wielded by me. We could be friends if you took a deep breath first. [Amused, curious]

Rosvita: Hello, ha- Oh. Well hello pretty lady. Between your arrows and my wind we should be able to do quite well for ourselves. [Ambitious]

Dean: Oh sweetie there’s much for you to learn. Of course I have some to learn, but oh, honey. [Camaraderie]

Tybalt: Now you would be interesting in a card game. Being able to pull a pocket ace wherever you want. I mean the other things are cool too, but you would be very useful at a cards table. [Interested]

Barrett: Well fuck you too, buddy. [Animosity]

Sabine: Don’t go breaking my heart, dear. At least I don’t have to worry about you spinning a yarn of your interests, though. [Neutral]

Tycho: You’ll be one useful bugger, I can tell that much for certain. I just hope you don’t get too worn out by the pace of us young people. [Friendly, worried, sees him as similar to Grey Gary]

Bakar: Okay I’ve heard of you lot before. Kindly keep the hell away from me. [wary]

Laurenz: I’d only heard tales of those kind of weapons. Either you’re way better at cards than you let on or… hm. [Wary]
Armora: Well you’ve got a good look to you, but you’re clearly pretty good with people. I’m glad that you let me join. [Favorable]

Emilia: While you are certainly not a child, you still seem too young to be here. I hope you act more careful than you seem you will. [Concerned]

Marcus: Well aren’t you a cutie. You seem a bit rough, but nothing that can’t be worn down. You know the kind of man you are. I respect that.[*Interested*]

Noelle: So if I was to try and steal your breath, would you steal mine instead? And if I tried to sweep you off your feet… [*Interested,* impish]

Anthony: Awww kit- Actually, no, not worth it. [Wary]

Camilla: Are you as pretty as they say? I’d sure like to figure out. [Curious]
#1:
Alice: Not only would she be fun to play cards with, but she can probably hold her liquor as well. While Ofri isn’t a noble, hardly anyone is on this trip. Surely after a while Alice won’t have a choice but to interact with the others.

Noelle: Her way of magic is genuinely interesting. Ofri would love to spend time figuring things out and being around an elf would be nice. Plus, Noelle would be very helpful in combat as Ofri’s kinda squishy.

Tybalt: Again Ofri is used to elves from her childhood and Tybalt seems like he could be a good teacher if she finds the right topic to question him on. He could be a really good mentor.

Camilla: The longer they spend looking for her the more Ofri will become interested in the princess of legend. She will want to be her friend and try and sort fact from fiction.

#2: Discovering the Princess.
Although Ofri originally joined the adventure just to be on the road again now she wants to see this amazing woman for herself. She’d love to be there when they find her whether she’s conscious or not.

Stumbling upon a demon cult.
Favors are always good to have. She may not be wholly confident in the exchange, as it wouldn’t take much to kill her, but it’s something she could learn from.

An encounter with refugees.
Ofri has a soft spot for the elderly, given Gray Gary, and children. It would give her a chance to see just how bad the real world is outside of her caravan childhood and adult wanderings.

An encounter with a vampire.
Literally if there is a friendly vampire I will feel obligated to try and romance them. Oh yeah, and Ofri likes learning more things she can talk about back at the tavern.

Stumbling upon the lair of a Dragon.
That would be one hell of a story for Ofri to tell Gray Gary.

Talking to Marcus about his past, and the state of Renalta.
Marcus is cute and Ofri should learn more of what she is fighting for.

Talking to Noelle about her past, and the state of the Mage Collective.
Noelle is cute and really interesting.Plus the Mage Collective could be Ofri’s future.

Talking to Anthony about his past, and the state of the Free Holds.
Ofri should know more about the Free Holds. Plus a chance to pet a kitty wouldn’t be too bad.

A personal scene for your character.
A card game with all the people good at card games. They would probably like each other a lot more and learn a bunch through the process.

It would also be cool for Ofri to develop her magic more through a tutoring process with anyone who could help her with her magic, probably Noelle. Sure she has developed her magic on her own, but someone who is part of an organization on how-to-magic would be really helpful.

A romantic arc with the princess, or another NPC.
Camilla
Dean
Marcus
Alice
Noelle
Sabine
Tycho, maybe. Depends on how much the age difference makes an impact.
Hanus

#3: Ofri joins the Magic Collective once Renalta is restored. She may not get close to even running it, but she joins it and becomes the mage she dreamt of being as a child. Ultimately Ofri would love to be able to fly on her own efforts.

Ofri finally gets a husband or discovers she really wanted a wife, and goes back to show her caravan, or if she finds herself with Camilla or someone else of note the caravan comes to them.

Ofri has a chance with enough loot to start up a new trading post that would bring her family to her.

Last edited:
Alice: “It is strange, to know someone so like myself, and yet worlds apart. You are a testament of what hardwork, endorsed with comfortable coffers, can do. I hope to see that ice of yours thaw and that your outlook towards mages soften with time.” (Friendly, comradery, respect, would naturally gravitate towards her despite the economic gap.) @LimeyPanda
Bakar: “I’ve worked along some of your kind before. If we can trust you, then I’m glad you’re on our side… Try anything, and we’ll see how fast your kind’s favorite weapon comes back, though.” (Apprehension, begrudging acceptance and respect.) @Drakel
Barrett: “You were taken in as a child and made into a monstrous embodiment of the ugly part of our shared home. I do not trust you. I will never trust you. Who is to say how many innocents have died at your hand – who is to say more won’t?” (Animosity and distrust, bordering on open hatred and avoidance.) @jrusso20
Charlotte: “Another torn between two lands and come to sell your skills in death. If only others see things as you do, though… the cost you paid is heavy. I’ll watch your back on the road ahead, if you’ll watch mine.” (Friendly, comradery, respect, would naturally gravitate towards.) @Holmishire
Dean: “You’re a foolish peasant child, disillusioned by old wives’ tales of heroics. Your heart is in the right place, but you should go home before you hurt yourself, or worse.” (Neutral, good boy with a good heart, but is discouraged by his inexperience in both the world and combat.) @Orion
Laurenz: “I’ve seen that look you carry, on men who trudge with broken spirits, peddling their skill for death for another drink to numb the back-breaking weight of the world on their shoulders… I hope you find peace, whatever that means to you.” (Amiable, comradery, concern for his state of mind and spirit.) @Axl
Ofri: “I suppose it would be nice to have someone trained in the art of comfort around. It’s going to be a long journey, and bright face to lift our spirits and play cards may be… helpful. I just worry if you know what you are getting into… and that you know how to cook.” (Confusion, concern, does not know how to properly respond to a barmaid wanting to play adventurer.) @Becca
Rosvita: “Ciel! You are a wall of a woman, and that is a magnificent bow. Remind me to never get onto your bad side!” (Neutral, intrigued with her bow and mildly intimidated by her mass, not that she would ever let on.) @Lialore
Sabine: “It’s a waste to self-analyze. I am what I am, think what you want, we’ve more important things at hand.” (Does not try to dwell in the depths of her mind and size up who she is. She does or does not, it does no use, in her mind, to dwell aimlessly in the past or obsess over the uncertainty of the future.) @Blackstone
Sisera: “I don’t know if you were the steward, but you certainly believe it… Perhaps the realm is right about magic, for when I look at you, I’m fearful – you’re a shell of a man, barely reassembled by magic and fanatical in your single-minded devotion.” (Apprehensive, pity, does not know how much of him is real, warped or fabricated.) @slade
Tybalt: “You are far too pretty for a man, but I suppose that is the nature of elves. Your craftsmanship is impressive, and your magic is… curious. The secrets of the world you must know, I would pick your brain for hours if you would allow it.” (Neutral, though innately curious about him and what tales he has to offer.) @Jade Coffee
Tycho: “I don’t think our hopes for life are too different. I’m nervous to be under your care, but I suspect I won’t have any choice if I’ve any desire to survive this endeavor. If you’re keeping tabs on your services, just throw it under the blue-bloods’ tabs, alright?” (Apprehensive, respects his motivations and acknowledges his capability, but only trusts him as far as the promise of comfort and riches will take them.) @Grothnor
Amora: “You don’t have to talk about what haunts you. So long as you’re still fit to lead, I’ll follow you to a better future – so we can lay to rest these ghosts of the past.” (Friendly, comradery, respects his profession and him as a person and will trust in him while he is fit to trust.)
Anthony: “You’re a grubby creature that cares nothing for the world around him. Your skullduggery disgusts me. Your only redeemable quality that I’ve seen is your cat.” (Disgust, apprehensive, only trusts him as long as his own interests are secure, and wary if a better offer comes along.)
Emilia: “We don’t have to trust each other – and certainly not in a game a chance, but let that not stop us from a friendly game and wager every now and then.” (Neutral, does not care for underhanded tactics and promiscuity, but does not condemn it.)
Marcus: “You are a strong and gentle man. I can respect that. I wish more were like you. I am far from the best in many things, and certainly not a good student, but if you were willing, I would happily learn.” (Admiration, respect, thinks there is much from Marcus she could learn, and not just about arms.)
Noelle: “Mon Dieu…You are, a very strong, and beautiful woman…” (Amiable, sheepish and cannot help but stare, frequently casting away her gaze in embarrassment when caught.)
Storyboarding:
Primary and most apparent from initial overview, not necessarily closed off from interactions with other characters:
Alice (LimeyPanda), their inherent parallels but divergences could be interesting to explore and see where that takes these two characters. Potential for rivalries, comrades in arms, ability to represent the schism between Liverian peasantry and nobility, possibility for close bonding in the least.
Charlotte (Holmishire), shared ancestry and experiences open up possibilities and will likely become battle-buddies, Sabine readily protecting the archer as best she can so long as Charlotte can cover her from getting overwhelmed. Good chance to explore their differences upon magic and such tactics as poisons. Possibility for close bonding in the least, or perhaps a friendly rivalry.
Bakar (Drakel), possibility to further humanize Bakar and his race by getting to know him aside from the possible horrors his kind is known for, given Sabine is more defensive around but not outright horrified or hostile towards him.
Tycho (Grothnor), would be interesting to see where interactions take these two, because I suspect Sabine will be resuscitated and healed by him primarily. I imagine she will warm to, respect, and feel indebted to him with each time. Possible bonding for the two? Or perhaps a growing irritation and begrudging to keep healing her when she overdoes it?
Marcus (Nilum), respects him as a person and his capabilities and will likely try to pick up some of his ideals overtime if not mimic him. Would be interested in growing more capable of holding her own without magic under his tutelage. Possible mentor-student and comrades in arms and coming to changing principles with interaction.
Noelle (Nilum), awed with Noelle’s beauty and strength. She seems larger than life to Sabine. Could result in the potential that Sabine would idolize her, or seek her out as a mentor or sparring mate to enhance her own capability, or potentially blossoming romance depending on interactions.​
Discovering the Princess. – As hilarious as it would be that we never find her, or abandon the quest… Finding her makes a natural step in the story – for better or worse, finding her will probably represent a turning point for many characters.
An encounter with the Archangel. – *Plot Candy* I already discussed this on discord, but being able to humanize our villain and see that he is a person too with his own flaws, feelings and concerns would be a moment to challenge our own characters and their ideas.
Stumbling upon a demon cult. – I think this is a good opportunity for grey morality and opening up chances to set up events for later depending upon what choices we make. If we let them go or help them, how would we react if they do more harm. If we kill them, how would our characters respond to killing them, given varying cultures and ideologies.
Witch Hunter Vagabonds. – *Plot Candy* a good point to reinforce bonds between those who have uncertainty about mages and those who wield magic, or break down those relationships. Important for those of Liverian descent to reassess where they stand and to readdress background events and sentiments. Personal preference that Sabine recognizes one of these Witch Hunters as killing her uncle/being involved.
An encounter with refugees. – more of a blip from my character standpoint, but would do good to set up future affairs and bring us more into a sense of caring about politics, tragedies and events on a more global level.
An encounter with a vampire. – could be interesting interactions, and especially with the history between vampires and humans (particular of Renaltan-Liverian descent.) Would like to see it, but not one of my biggest priorities.
Stumbling upon the lair of a Dragon. – uhm, I could see potential, with perhaps some of the more money driven of us, calling into question if they would even stay if they could already secure a comfortable life. But seems a bit superfluous, considering the potential to discover possible wealth, artefacts, etc are elsewhere with more relevancy to historical events. Could be a potential for later in the future, if we have a mission requiring a specific object, needing to uncover knowledge from them, etc.​
Skimming over less attractive options from a character standpoint, not because they aren’t interesting or not wanting to jump in, but given my character, these stand out more:
Talking to Amora about his past, and the state of Liveria. – I think it might offer some closure on old wounds for both of them, or at least offer some exposition chances and reveal more about both of them and how they feel about things and how the state of Liveria has affected them. Would be a chance to see how Sabine is torn, without the magic and witch hunter elements being a heavy element.
Talking to Noelle about her past, and the state of the Mage Collective. – Due to Sabine’s interest in Noelle, finding out more about her is a natural result. Her lack of interaction with mages that are not family or mercenaries, and even more, a tear between whether Liveria is right about mages or not would make learning more about the Mage Collective helpful in either breaking down her concerns and doubt, or reaffirming them.
A personal scene for your character. – a few in mind, the ones that come greatest to mind:
(1) Hero’s Call. – somewhere during the mission, being called to have to stand up to something she fears, or would struggle to do and either failing to answer the call, or having to live with the consequences. Extra points if someone she doubted the capability of before (esp. Dean or Ofri) perform where she fails.
(2) A Brush Too Close. – Her proclivity towards self-injury when pushing herself will undoubtedly result in her going too far at some point. A time to question what she really stands for and wants in life, and if the quest is worth dying for.
(3) Cost of the Journey. – This one is a bit more… Questionable. However, if at some point, I think it’s entirely possible that something happens to Sabine that she *can’t* magically heal. Either she is permanently maimed in some way, or she contracts something through a possible encounter (yes, I’m still a therianthrope lover, so sue me).​
A romantic arc with the princess, or another NPC. *Plot Candy* I love romance. Current obvious candidates from the initial impressions are: Camilla, Noelle, Charlotte, Alice. Not an overall guarantee on anything, as things could change based upon interactions to either naturally evolve into or turn away from such things. Note, Sabine is *not* a lesbian, but is more naturally inclined in her attractions to other women.
A duel.
I would like to indulge Alice in a duel. I would also like to seek out friendly and learning experiences in combats with Noelle and Marcus. However, immediate potential unfriendly spars could include Anthony and Barrett.​
Happily Ever After.” – Sabine acquires what she set out to achieve with this. The hostility between Liveria and Renalta has successfully been decreased. She reconnects with estranged family and finds closure on events of the past. Ideally, she has someone in her life already, or will come to find one, and settle into a comfortable life with a respectable profession. Depending upon relations with those of Renalta, she may choose to engage in politics to further the goals of peace.
“A Broken Woman.” – The journey takes a heavy toll upon Sabine and she is forever changed for the worst. Events have disenfranchised her and left her with regrets. There may be open hostility towards members of the group who have survived. She continues to be a mercenary, but far less discriminatory in her contracts and heavily in the drink. Potential to abandon the southern kingdoms and seek to make her mark on the Free Holds. Possibility to become a ruthless warlord and impose change in the way it works in this place or die trying.
“Peace Corps.” – After seeing the devastation of war up close, Sabine softens and seeks to do good and repair the war torn lands as she can, wherever she can. This could involve breaking scuffles in more distant reaches, helping to rebuild destroyed areas, or assisting refugees and those devastated by events in general.
“A Mage of the Collective.” – Sabine’s attitude towards the Mage Collective will have greatly warmed and she sees the good in it and ‘drinks the kool-aide’. She becomes an emissary or some such, working on behalf of them to further the rights and protection of mages, and protecting the world from harmful magics.​

PC Opinions:

Name:
Sisera De Platine, 3rd Steward of Renalta - @slade
"A man who hates the Archangel more than I... Interesting. Do not let it blind you, lest the monster hunter becomes a monster himself." (Curious, apprehensive)

Name: Alice Émeline Moineau, of the venerable house of Moineau - @LimeyPanda
"A child born of war... You would make a strong leader of your nation, if it ever stopped being so blind." (Respectful, pities)

Name: Ofri Windweaver - @Becca
"Ah, naivete. Pray you keep it, or at least have the mental fortitude to withstand the world crashing around you." (Pities, protective)

Name: Charlotte - @Holmishire
"A ranger? Interesting. Your talents will be useful." (Dismissive, uninterested)

Name: Rosvita - @Lialore
"Your stories sound familiar, and carry with them a much needed ray of hope for our country... Glaube Verwaltet, Fraulein." (Curious, respectful to a fellow countryman)

Name: Dean Hansen - @Orion
"A soldier's son? What were you told of war?" (Interested)

Name: Tybalt Mach'Llarys - @Jade Coffee
"You are how old? The world must look a vastly different place to you." (Curious)

Name: Barrett Ironforge - @jrusso20
"A fellow soldier, even one from another nation, will have my respect." (Respectful)

Name: Sabine Conte - @Blackstone
"I have seen magic like yours before. Do not overuse it, lest your body tear itself apart." (Dismissive)

Name: Tycho Merax - @Grothnor
"Healers are in short supply these days, though the way you carry yourself is different..." (Respectful, Apprehensive)

Name: Bakar Ibaiguren - @Drakel
"I have heard many tales of your kind. Pray that you prove them all wrong." (Apprehensive, Cautious)

NPC Opinions:

Name: Amora Mann

"What are your motives...?" (Curious)

Name: Emilia Lehmann

"I know that look... I've seen it somewhere before... Glaube Verwaltet, Fraulein." (Curious, Respectful)

Name: Marcus Crawford

"A fellow soldier, even if from another nation's army, will have my respect." (Repsectful)

Name: Noelle Touchard

"The world could use more people like you." (Respectful)

Name: Anthony Bulgarelli

"You are a paragon of your people... I don't know if I should respect you for that, or hate you." (Confused, mixed feelings)

Charlotte @Holmishire :
Rosvita would be intrigued by her. Both her travelling and beast-slaying; things that she never saw the opportunity to take. She would rarely have met someone so free, and would want to hear all about what happens beyond her borders.

Dean @Orion :
See above. “Tell me about your adventures, for I could never afford ones beyond my city.”

Emilia @Nilum :
Mostly for gossiping reasons. And the fact that they both rock a similar hairstyle. She would likely prod around a little for any secrets of the Church and would want to speak about something that she has practically no experience with: men.

Sisera @slade :
Although she herself is not an inventor or magic-scientist like her family, if she were to find out about what happened to his powers and about his extensive knowledge on the subject, she would be interested in speaking with him about it, through genuine intrigue but also pity. Also to learn more of the Princess, as she has only heard tales.

Barrett @jrusso20 :
Rosvita would be interested in learning what it really is that he was fighting for. As a war veteran and magic-wielder of sorts herself, and being from a family who have always had close connections with the Mage Collective, this may not go down too well.

Bakar @Drakel :
What… is it.

An encounter with the Archangel.
Rosvita has spent her whole life fighting something she can barely put a face to, and to do so would be an interesting write. Most of the people she has ever known lay dead due to the Archangel. Ber too, she believes. Also, to bring her faith into question; namely the true ‘goodness’ of God.

Talking to Emilia about her past, and the state of Rheinfeld.
Reasons stated above, though also on a deeper level of Rosvita sometimes being of a more mothering nature after all of the training of youngsters she led.

Rosvita would be torn by such a situation. Her loyalty is intense, and she has led a life far more difficult than many and never considered fleeing until a more worthy cause presented itself. Whilst at the same time, she is not a cruel person.

This would just be something beyond her wildest dreams.

This would be mostly amusing, I think, as she has had zero experience with such things and would be interesting to explore. (ay @jrusso20 )

Talking to Noelle about her past, and the state of the Mage Collective.
Rosvita is invested in the Mage Collective as - if her family line manages continues – it is possible magic could return to their name. She has met many mages in her life, and believes that she wields the very soul of some within her bow. And on another level; Noelle is quite the opposite to her.

I’d like opportunities to hone in on her sense of adventure as this will be the first time she can remember leaving Rheinfeld. Also, perhaps something that makes her question whether the war she has spent her whole life fighting was really worth anything at all. And maybe newly learnt history of her magical ancestors and the somewhat dodgy dealings her family did in the beginning of their career.

Also, being forced to do something so insanely against who she is, that it threatens to break her more than 26 years of war did.

Seeing the world, growing as a person and returning to her city to help rebuild. Begin to live a normal life, allowed to want mundane things like a family. Bear children with magical gifts. Leading a simple, yet fulfilling life. (Happily ever after.)

Never returning to Rheinfeld after tasting freedom. Continuing to wander forever, content but not quite fulfilled.

Something snaps her and she goes loopers.

PCs
Sisera ( @slade ):
“Your commitment to protect the princess is awe inspiring, but your frailty is something I fear might be your end.” (Awed and fearful that he will not last long.)
Alice ( @LimeyPanda ): “We’re not as different as you might think. While I would never trust you with my life in any other matter, here we are, allies whether we like it or not. Both with a wish to make this world better.” (Openly avoiding but does respect her desire to help unite her own people. He's both scared of and attracted to her. )
Ofri ( @Becca ): “You are indeed beautiful, your skills make you an amazing scout, but what can you truly do to protect yourself? Your dress is nice but won’t stop a blade. Flying is impressive but what happens when you can’t fly?” (Finds attractive but also a possible burden who needs constant protection.)
Charlotte ( @Holmishire ): Where your bow strikes true in the shadows, you may still miss, where my poisons will never fail me, whether in the shadows or in the open. You can’t compare. Now stay in everyone’s sight so you don’t stab our backs for gold.” (Sees as a rival, is distrustful of assassins)
Rosvita ( @Lialore ): “You were born of war, for war. God never listens to warriors, put your faith in yourself. At least you listen.” (Is dismissive. Views her faith in god to be misplaced.)
Dean ( @Orion ): “Go home. Your wish to do good is one I can admire, but this is no story.” (Uncertain of his capabilities. Finds the boy foolish in every sense of the word… Is also attracted towards)
Tybalt ( @Jade Coffee ): “You have many stories to tell and so long as you stay out of my way and use your magic to aid us, you’ll likely be the most valuable elf here.” (Is intrigued in his knowledge and admires his magic but also fears he’ll be constantly targeted for his magical prowess.)
Barret ( @jrusso20 ): “Your ignorance and fear will be your death. Your superiors will guarantee that once you’re usefulness is gone. I know this story well.” (Dismissive, thinks he’s nothing but a tool used by his superiors to blindly do their will.)
Sabine ( @Blackstone ): “You’re… kind to me? Are we friends? Can we be friends? Your magic and skills are interesting and seem quite useful. Best friends?” (Friendly, finds the strange variety of spells to be interesting and admires adaptivity and honesty.)
Tycho ( @Grothnor ): “Don’t you dare touch me with your magic. A slave that is an assassin is the worst kind and who knows what secret mutations you’d put in me as you ‘heal’ me. Would’ve been better if I bought you and used you when I was younger.” (Heavily distrusts him. Distrusts assassins, afraid of his magic.)
Laurenz ( @Axl ): “You hold a gun? I thought only those of Renalta may have such weapons. With or without, a strong, capable human like you surely knows how to handle himself, especially after a life of war like yours had.” (Strictly co-workers, interested in the gun, finds attractive.)

NPCs
Amora ( @Nilum ):
“Thank you for this chance to prove my people’s honor and worth to this world. Though why is it that you search for her? What is your own motives and reasoning for this?” (Grateful to be a part of the party, suspicious and concerned about his motives for finding the princess.)
Emilia ( @Nilum ): “You distrust magic, you’re a zealot of the church and an assassin who pleasures soldiers? In the free holds, such a thing is called a ‘slave’. (Dismissive, doesn’t like assassins, believes to be ignorant on magic and disrespects her for her casually sexual behavior. Is attracted towards)
Marcus ( @Nilum ): “Your restraint and self-discipline says much about you. As fearsome, strong and talented of a fighter like you are, you still know how to grant mercy upon even your foes. (Friendly, finds to be very honorable and admires his self-discipline.)
Noelle ( @Nilum ): “Interesting magic you wield, but I fear your compassion makes it easy for others to take advantage of.” (Strictly co-workers, finds her magic and looks very interesting. Feels like her compassion is a major weakness that could endanger the group.)
Anthony ( @Nilum ): ”A man of the freeholds if I ever saw one. You remind me what I could’ve been if it wasn’t for my tribe. A pity the warlords failed to see the true value of your talents.” (Friendly, Fellow freeholder, finds to be most useful for his future goals.)

Anthony ( @Nilum): He is a true freeholder of a different breed than Bakar and more over, he is a tinkerer whose potential was ignored. Bakar would like to befriend the dwarf and learn from him while also teach him as well and if it grows to such a point, ask the dwarf to help him on his overall quest in uniting his people and making them a force of their own that’d be respected by the world.

Charlotte ( @Holmishire): I have to agree that some form of rivalry would be created between the Lizardman and assassin though unlike Alice, Bakar will judge her on her nature as an assassin, finding that he can’t trust them and believe that they always hold a motive for their actions. As the RP grows however their rivalry may slowly grow into a friendship of mutual benefits. He’s a poisoner and she’s an assassin, together can create a deadly combo.

Sabine ( @Blackstone ): In the end his opinion is based off of the idea of her humanizing him. This is something I’d actually like to see since, to balance the stability of the party he’ll certainly need someone to help him with the more heavily social issues that he holds with the other races. He’s so used to many of the other races being hostile with working with him, ignoring his existence or being openly distant out of fear that finding someone who’d be his friend would make things more interesting with how the party will react to her and help further my goal in making a monster, human.

Emilia ( @Nilum ): Her religious views, her anti-magic beliefs and her complete and total dislike of him for his race and magic is all things that he’s the opposite of. I believe that she’ll be a rival as well but one of words rather than skill. I’d hope that she’ll make him try to defend his race’s existence and how they breed while he tries to put her on a constant defensive in her views of god and magic.

Tybalt ( @Jade Coffee ): Bakar never cared much about the world or it’s history throughout his life and as such still has much to learn about it. As such the Lizard would probably be most interested in hearing Tybalt’s stories and learning from the wise, old elf in order to better understand as much of the very strange world as he could.

Because of Bakar’s nature there are several personal scenes as my goal is to play a monster who tried to be human. As such he is fragile and can either succeed, proving to all his own humanity and the humanity of his kind, or he breaks and loses his morals and instead goes back to his older ways. I’m not too picky and may need to work on some actual ideas but I do have an angle in mind at least on what I want. Even so, here are a few scenes I did come up with.

• The Widow’s Amulet: A scene where Bakar is confronted by the widow of the Noble who was forced to give birth to the lizardman, guards around him and a group demanding him where he got that with the wealthy lady declaring him a thief or a murderer. As he tries to keep the amulet his father gave him and explains his story the confrontation grows more and more dangerous. Either Diplomacy will win, letting him keep it and the widow accepting that he is her step-child of a man who died in childbirth, or things get heated and a fight is forced to break out.
  • Lizard of Lizards: A scene there Bakar takes the tribe to a nearby tribe of lizardmen or a neighborhood of lizardmen and the tables are turned onto the party, making them have to get used to being surrounded completely by the rape-monsters as Bakar trades and gathers supplies and help from the community.
  • Slave Magic!: A scene where Bakar decided to use his pheromones for either gathering free supplies, getting information from a hostile enemy or something else entirely, making him face the group and defend himself and the uses of his magic to the party in a verbal debate. It may even come up to a duel to the death if things get far too heated.

This will probably be the most powerful scene if he does get to stumble upon the dragon’s lair. I’m hoping that they’d get to talk. Both the Dragon and the Lizardman are monsters within a land ruled by the other 3 races, simply for their nature. I think that while many comparisons and similarities can be found, the difference is that, while the dragon is a monster that rejects humanity where-as the lizardman is a monster that desperately strives to show his own humanity.

Talking to Anthony about his past, and the state of the Free Holds.
Bakar is interested in Anthony's potential. He is just like how Bakar used to be when he was a raider and as such the lizardman does admire the dwarf to some extent and would be most interested in befriending and getting to know him. At the same time, Anthony is quite the innovator as well and like Bakar is in search of a purpose, although his is to put his talents into good use. Their goals can align perfectly if Bakar could only just convince the dwarf to teach him and/or join his cause.

An encounter with the Archangel.
Similar to stumbling upon the dragon’s lair, this is slightly different where he is confronted by the Archangel and is fearful of the angel’s power and ability already. The Lizard asks simple questions if able about his own place, his soul if there is one and his people. Wondering if he is but a monster or like the humans, elves and dwarves and is more human than monster.

• Princess: This is the one I’d prefer if possible but not in a traditional sense. He’d find her remarkable and would fall in love with her, but because of his people and he needing her, he decides any form of love with the princess is forbidden and thus can not be, even if she holds the same feelings.
  • NPCs: This is likely the opposite. He’d be eager and willing to fulfill his desires as he falls in love with one of the PCs or NPCs but yet as he romances him/her, he becomes conflicted with his desire for a family in an honorable way, and his desire to continue loving his partner and not wanting to lose them.

Everyone of all peoples suffer from war, and Bakar would feel like that’d be the only time where all races are the same and equal. Seeing the refugees I’d believe he’d feel like he must help them whatever the cost. If there are other lizardmen in the refugees he’d feel this desire tenfold.

I’ve thought about this the most. There are two long-term endings that I have planned.

• First: Bakar would succeed, he managed to convince the tribes to unite and is a hero of his people, able to change the perspective of what his people are truly like and so he’d spend the rest of his days building his people up. If Camilla accepts and decides that she’ll help him, than likely it’ll help keep the tribes safe until they’re able to defend themselves from the freeholds. If Camilla refuses, then when the tribes unite they’ll all be attacked and slaughtered with ease, creating a permanent lesson for his people and ending the traditions and structure of the tribes.
  • Second: Bakar would fail his goals, Camilla refuses his request and the tribes all agree to never unite due to the risk of it. He’ll break tenants of the tribe and go back to being a mercenary, like his father and be outcasted from the tribes for it. Disgraced, bitter and resentful he’d fall and try to assassinate Camilla for the archangel to be pleased. Only to die for it as the monster he always thought himself to be.

Last edited:
Back