Open The Questor's Guild - Now Hiring!

Lazzamore

WAAAAAAAAAA-
Hey guys! Here's an RP I'd like to start, but we need another player to get it off the ground, as I'd like to make it a multi-thread group RP.

The Gist

The Questor's Guild is a small company of merchants, adventurers and junk collectors located in the city of Sigil, from the Planscape D&D setting. The company employs many of it's workforce to mend and refurbish old and forgotten treasures brought back by the adventuring scavangers from strange foreign planes, and said items are then flipped for profit by the Guilds merchants.

In general, we'll be playing as employees of this guild. This RP, like I said, would be a multi-thread group RP where individual missions and expeditions each are taken up in their own threads. A thread can be as small as a 1x1, with one player and a GM, or all of us could participate, such as in hub areas like the guildhall.

A bit about Planescape

Every world in D&D is connected by Inner and Outer planes. The Inner Planes, or Elemental Planes, make up the base components and natural concepts of worlds, and are more-or-less the source of the four elements. The outer planes are not so simple; They represent souls, intelligence and complex thought, and are comprised of afterlives.

In the middle of all 12 of the primary Afterlives/Outer Planes is a great wheel called the Outlands, and in the center of that is a mighty ‘spoke’, a column of stone over which hovers Sigil.

Sigil is a city built on the inverse side of a giant flying ring. It was built and is run by the Maiden of Pain, a mysterious figure who mostly keeps to herself. 15 “factions” are also deputized to govern the city, each one with a distinct role in government, industry or culture.

But look. I cannot do the setting justice here. To read more, here’s the wiki.

Our Characters

As stated previously, we will play as employee's of the guild. Any low- or mid-level position is free for the taking. Additionally, while I'll encourage you to get creative with how you contribute IC, employee's of the guild are usually one of the following: Artifact Mending/Repair Workers, Adventurers who gather the junked artifacts, or Merchants who sell them. Bureaucrats and grounds-keeping staff also are employed, if that floats your boat.

Anything goes for individual details of characters, just put some amount of effort. They can be from Planescape, or any published D&D setting, or any setting you make up. You can play as most any creature, just keep the power-level to a fairly human standard.

I'll get the Character sheets ready soon. Since this is a soft 'take 2' of another idea, I can just alter those sheets slightly.

Back