THЄ ∧RCH|TЄCTS

WiZ

Hello, I'm back! I was thinking of starting a new Sci-Fi rp that involves travelling to the edge of space to meet our makers, literally. I don't want to reveal much because I want this to be a surprise! But, here's a little snippet of the beginning of our story:

PROLOGUE

Ah, the age old question, the question that man seeks to answer in the heavens. But alas, the answer was under our feet all along.

Blackwater Cavern, Grand Canyon, Arizona

Darkness, dirt, stone and water. A faint light can be seen in the distant tunnels. A brush, the kind used to brush away the very layers of history, lies on the cold floor near a lamp and a few backpacks.
"Come over here, I think I found something!!"
"What is it?"
"Look, this symbol is our sun, and if we follow this line we get to another sun, their sun."
"What's this other glyph?"
"That is their solar system."
"The fourth planet has a circle around it. Is that where they're from?"
"Maybe. Hey, look at this other glyph, at the bottom."
"It's Sanskrit for sure. But I can't read anything. It's just a bunch of jumbled up heiroglyphs. Could they be part of a message?"
"No... they're coordinates."

Feraway Corporation Headquarters, Washington, D.C.

"I'm telling you, Adam, this isn't colonies on Mars anymore."
"Look, I know, but Eve, the company-"
"This is my company too. We've got something big here and I'm not gonna let the opportunity of a lifetime slip through my fingers."
"You know what? Okay, I'll approve Project Architect, but on one condition."
"What?"
"I get to make the trip to Xylanthia with you."
"Adam, that's 930 years. We need someone to stay back and run the compan-"
"I have people who will. But I'm not letting my own wife leave without me to go who knows where and possibly get herself killed!"
"Mister Fera-"
"What? Can't you see I'm in the middle of a conversation?"
"The engineers would like to let you know that the Cassiel is ready for take off."
Great. Round up the crew, I'm coming too..."

Last edited:
This seems interesting, though I don't think I can confirm a yes to it just yet.

I understand that you want to keep it a surprise but a little more information to get more of a feel for where we would be going with this wouldn't hurt. What sort of time period are we looking at here? Present? Near future? Distant future? What sort of technology is at our disposal? What sort of people (characters) would be invited onto this expedition? Civilians, the rich and famous, scientists, other trained professionals?

Yea, I guess that would be simpler.
The rp will be set in the future, sometime around 2050, when a colony on Mars has already been established, but that doesn't really matter to the story.
The Cassiel is a relatively small space ship which will be transporting its 10 crew members to the planet Xylanthia. The trip would take 930 years for the crew, so they would have to go into hybernation. Crew members include David, Android and Pilot of the Cass, Adam Feraway, his wife, and 7 other trained professionals such as: A Geologist, A Biologist, An Archaeologist and another 4 Soldiers of the Military. These Characters could be a) Earth born humans b) Martian Immigrants or c) Androids

Obviously we aren't going to get 7 people to participate, so I'll fill most of the roles.
Hope this was a better insight

Back