Unpopular opinions!

In regards to what I've been seeing in this thread, I'm going to break rank and say that I'm an atheist who doesn't believe religion is the worst thing to ever happen to the world.

There is absolutely nothing bad in religions that they have a monopoly on. Killers, rapists, and jaywalkers come in all shapes, sizes, colors, religions, and so on.

You're not enlightened because you read a Bible verse and decided you weren't down with the religion.

I dislike smut, wherever i goes, i got spammed by these sempiternal incest and other crap,
because of this, i rarely get a request while some other are popular..

also, i met too much crazed.. so yeah, my tolerance to that become low each days.

A land invasion was estimated to cost millions of lives and take several years. Mostly because the Japanese gave the Allies such a hard time during the rest of the war. Often holding positions literally to the last man. They assumed Japan would do the same in Japan itself. The deaths from the atomic bombs are significantly less than the estimated land war.

A land invasion was estimated to cost millions of lives and take several years. Mostly because the Japanese gave the Allies such a hard time during the rest of the war. Often holding positions literally to the last man. They assumed Japan would do the same in Japan itself. The deaths from the atomic bombs are significantly less than the estimated land war.
Thanks!

I don't think racist, misogynistic, and other assorted "offensive" opinions should be outlawed, even on private sites, even if they make some people uncomfortable.

I don't hold these ideas myself (I think), but I like to have ideas laid out before me so I can interrogate them, discover their root belief, any supporting data, and debunk as necessary. If racism is false, then it will be made publicly obvious because the facts wont' align with it. The truth, on the other hand, can withstand any inquiry. If someone provides reliable data that does support a beliefs I had disagreed with and that can't be debunked...well, I'm on the side of truth, whatever it may be. Banning people who don't think like you just makes people retreat into areas where they're never challenged, even if they're wrong.

Modern Feminism is cancer and does more harm to women than good. Or, at the very least, it's starting to.

Not sure if this is an unpopular one since, from what I've seen, more and more people are finally realizing this.

I think we should not stop people from committing suicide. We can help, but not explicitly forbid them to. I find it selfish for someone to not give a loved one who's been utterly suffering a chance to end their suffering. They should not go off without their loved ones offering guidance and love though. Only them should have the power whether or not they want to continue. Kinda fucked up, but it's like euthanasia. If the guy has been in so much pain inside for so long that he can't deal with in anymore, it's cruel to keep forcing them to live.

I haven't formulated my stand on this issue yet, but I've always thought: It's common for people to label a person who committed suicide (or one who plans/wants to) as selfish. They say that the person only thinks of himself and doesn't think about the effects of his death and the pain it will cause his loved ones. While it makes sense, doesn't it go the other way, too? Each person has the most control over his life, and in the end, it's up to him what he does with it. So aren't the people calling the suicide victim/suicidal person selfish also, well, selfish? They are prohibiting that person from doing something in his life for the sake of their feelings and how it affects their lives. Just a thought.

Last edited:
Outside of voluntary euthanasia for incurable and fatal diseases in their final stages, suicide is selfish. Suicide affects the people who find your body. Suicide affects the people who have to clean up your body, and distribute your belongings. Suicide affects the people who cared about you, it affects your coworkers, it affects the society in which you live, it affects your community. No action happens in a vacuum and pretending that something as utterly fatalistic as suicide does is sheer lunacy.

If you're seriously contemplating going through with it, call the fucking suicide hotline. The majority of people who feel suicidal end up doing so because they have a treatable mental disorder, not because they're genuinely feeling coherent! Don't listen to people who tell you to actually do it, or that it's okay--it's not. It's the end of your life. Even ignoring how it can affect other people, you only get to live once, and then you are dead. Everything you could have been, everything you could have accomplished, all the genuinely good things you could have done for other people's lives, all the marvelous things you could have seen and experienced, would be wasted... And you would push the emotional burden of your death onto everyone around you, and the financial and administrative cost of dealing with your corpse onto people who already lead incredibly stressful lives.

Suicide is inherently selfish. It's allowing your sorrow and loss to utterly consume you, rather than fighting it. The consequences of actually going through with it are permanent for you, and harming for everyone else involved in dealing with it afterwards.

That being said, some who fight with the demons in their head, sometimes lose. And sometimes, when they lose, their demons drive them to suicide. That's tragic. I don't think any less of the people who do actually go through with it--I feel pity for them. However, to pretend that it's anything other than a selfish and self-destructive act, that is typically driven by mental disorders or extreme stress? That's naive at best. Disingenuous at worst.

I don't think video games are inherently art (movies too really). I think we're too willing to apply the label art to something just because it gives us some legal protection, but a video game or movie is no different than a car. It's designed to make the creators money. Sure there are some games that are meant to be art as intended by the creator, but a majority of games are not created with any artistic intention, and most of those developers probably actually look down on actual artists. I've been told by several game developers "if you want to be an artist, go paint."

Video games can be, and are, art. Most of the most famous paintings we have around the world where made for money. They were commissions from rich fucks. Video game dev teams have massive art teams literally drawing. They have composers, directors, and actors. They incorporate every artistic avenue. And what legal protections are provided art and artists? What the hell are you even talking about?

I'll go into mens' restrooms if the womens' happens to be full, and I really don't care if men want to do the same.

Outside of voluntary euthanasia for incurable and fatal diseases in their final stages, suicide is selfish. Suicide affects the people who find your body. Suicide affects the people who have to clean up your body, and distribute your belongings. Suicide affects the people who cared about you, it affects your coworkers, it affects the society in which you live, it affects your community. No action happens in a vacuum and pretending that something as utterly fatalistic as suicide does is sheer lunacy.

If you're seriously contemplating going through with it, call the fucking suicide hotline. The majority of people who feel suicidal end up doing so because they have a treatable mental disorder, not because they're genuinely feeling coherent! Don't listen to people who tell you to actually do it, or that it's okay--it's not. It's the end of your life. Even ignoring how it can affect other people, you only get to live once, and then you are dead. Everything you could have been, everything you could have accomplished, all the genuinely good things you could have done for other people's lives, all the marvelous things you could have seen and experienced, would be wasted... And you would push the emotional burden of your death onto everyone around you, and the financial and administrative cost of dealing with your corpse onto people who already lead incredibly stressful lives.

Suicide is inherently selfish. It's allowing your sorrow and loss to utterly consume you, rather than fighting it. The consequences of actually going through with it are permanent for you, and harming for everyone else involved in dealing with it afterwards.

That being said, some who fight with the demons in their head, sometimes lose. And sometimes, when they lose, their demons drive them to suicide. That's tragic. I don't think any less of the people who do actually go through with it--I feel pity for them. However, to pretend that it's anything other than a selfish and self-destructive act, that is typically driven by mental disorders or extreme stress? That's naive at best. Disingenuous at worst.

I agree with pretty much all of this. Just thought that it kinda goes the other way, too, if you think about it.

Video games can be, and are, art. Most of the most famous paintings we have around the world where made for money. They were commissions from rich fucks. Video game dev teams have massive art teams literally drawing. They have composers, directors, and actors. They incorporate every artistic avenue. And what legal protections are provided art and artists? What the hell are you even talking about?

I never said they can't be, just that they aren't automatically. I think the artists intentions are important. If they're making "art" solely for money, it's just a product. It may have artistic elements and the creator may be artistically skilled, but its has no meaning, no motivation other than to get paid. It can be admired as a display of skill, but art is more meaningful than just technique.

At least in the United States, "art" is protected under the first amendment. There was once considerable debate on whether video games fall under this category in regards to whether violent video games can be restricted or banned by law.

Back