Your Favorite Character Tropes!

Monochrome

perpetually tired.
Each one of us has a certain mold or type of character or set of traits that is a favorite to write. With reference to the many different character tropes that you can look up in TV Tropes, what are the character archetypes and tropes that you favor to play?

It came about by accident, but Seeks Another's Resurrection has shown up in a lot of my stories. The first is part of an ongoing RP, the other three are original stories, the latter two of which have yet to be developed.
  • As Faolan lay dying, Tahlia Wether pulled his soul from his body and trapped it in the body of the wolf that had dealt the lethal blow. Now she seeks a way to restore her husband to a human body before he loses himself to the beast within.
  • A rare type of mage thought to have been rendered extinct ages ago, Caerys seeks to bring his lover back from the dead with the help of an ancient artifact—but it will cost the souls of thousands of men that need be killed at his own hands.
  • Even in death, Vervain's soul was bound to the protection of the heir to a dead kingdom. In her semi-corporeal form, she witnesses young Borage grow into a noble warrior, first seeking only survival but later striving to give her back the life she lost in his service.
  • A boy is first exposed to the supernatural underground of his world when his soul is torn from his body by a pack of vampires. Barely escaping their grasp, he possesses a girl from his school and the two slowly uncover a sinister plot as they discover more and more supernatural beings living in hiding.
i think this counts as a character trope, seeing as it deals with motivation

My favorite would have to be someone who wishes to prove themselves to others or themselves. I really prefer young people who want to prove their worth to older people.

Each one of us has a certain mold or type of character or set of traits that is a favorite to write. With reference to the many different character tropes that you can look up in TV Tropes, what are the character archetypes and tropes that you favor to play?

Little girls who turn out to be more than meets the eye. Specifically villainous ones.
I never seem to roleplay as them though lmao.

One of my favourites is the Genius Brawler/Brute Trope, mainly because I love a giant super strength titan that can also best you in a game riddles.

I enjoy playing the role of an Anti-Hero. Not the typical one like a Deadpool or Green Arrow (TV version), but more or less the one ho has morals and works for himself. For example, I have a character who does things to benefit himself and he does help people, but he's not above a shootout with a local gang or a grand robbery of military equipment.

Somehow I always find myself writing some variant of the Sheltered Aristocrat trope. Almost always it's the rich and/or snobby type who thinks they're better than everyone else. I guess the main reason I like writing this trope is because I'm a fan of seeing how characters change when thrust into a very different environment. I'm a sucker for 'the snobby sheltered guy that gets knocked down a peg and then becomes more humble and open' character progression.

I have a tendency to enjoy playing someone with a rough past and is either overcoming it or letting it swallow them whole/eating away at them silently.

Usually I play the Sergeant Rock type coupled with The hired gun and anti-hero. The guy who gets **** done and isn't above dirtying his hands to get it done. I portray that well.

I'm trying to expand into new territory however.

I love the noble villain, maybe with some mix of anti-villain, it really spices up what we think of the mainstream heroes.

My favorite is playing a character that is usually a little more focused on logic and survival, less concerned about other's feelings.

Back